Who is 'G'?

1
AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1189
Blind Mew has given us some very teasing, tantalizing hints as to what will happen next. One playful hint was that the next skyway will begin with the letter 'C' (but not for cookie), a topic which our good 'Lord of Winter' opened as a thread to encourage speculation. With that in mind, but not giving any spoilers, at the end of our present adventure in Aquila, we receive a note signed simply 'G'. And thus, who is this mysterious 'G'? I thought it might be fun to speculate about the name belonging to this person.

The content of the letter suggest a person of high intelligence, and based on their knowledge, would seem to suggest that this was someone Valencian. So, thinking of this, and the more-or-less parallel historical time frame, my first guess is Galileo Galilei. Mathematician, physicist, inventor, astronomer, philosopher... he certainly has the right credentials. Although, perhaps too obvious a candidate? Perhaps so.

Another thought popped into my head as I was reading the latest magazine from Colonial Williamsburg, which features an article about science fiction in the 18th C. At first when the name of this fictional character popped into my head, I dismissed it. This individual was known mostly for his naivete as he goes on his fantastic adventures, is not known especially for his intelligence or cleverness, and is of English heritage, not anything Continental. At the end of his adventures too, he is unfit for society and truthfully a little loopy, only wanting to be around horses, which he identifies with the finest creatures he encountered, the highly rational and intelligent Houyhnhnms. But wait... the Houyhnhnms... could they be identified also as the highly intelligent and creative Unicorns of Valencia? Could Gulliver, now reinvented as a Spiral traveler of enterprise and renown, indeed be referring to them?

As you see, all playful imaginings! So, mes amis, who do you think could be the mysterious 'G'?

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
282
A few names crop up, but by process of elimination I believe we can ignore most of them.

Goofy - high intelligence, not a problem.
Glenda - are you a good witch or a bad witch?
Genie - wacky, and would fit it well in the Pirate101 system of wackiness.
Gandalf - thou shalt not pass.
Goldilocks - breaking and entering her specialty.
Garfield - but will he bring Odie?

and the Grinch! - Christmas stolen upon request. A perfect Armada agent.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Anne Radcliffe on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
Blind Mew has given us some very teasing, tantalizing hints as to what will happen next. One playful hint was that the next skyway will begin with the letter 'C' (but not for cookie), a topic which our good 'Lord of Winter' opened as a thread to encourage speculation. With that in mind, but not giving any spoilers, at the end of our present adventure in Aquila, we receive a note signed simply 'G'. And thus, who is this mysterious 'G'? I thought it might be fun to speculate about the name belonging to this person.

The content of the letter suggest a person of high intelligence, and based on their knowledge, would seem to suggest that this was someone Valencian. So, thinking of this, and the more-or-less parallel historical time frame, my first guess is Galileo Galilei. Mathematician, physicist, inventor, astronomer, philosopher... he certainly has the right credentials. Although, perhaps too obvious a candidate? Perhaps so.

Another thought popped into my head as I was reading the latest magazine from Colonial Williamsburg, which features an article about science fiction in the 18th C. At first when the name of this fictional character popped into my head, I dismissed it. This individual was known mostly for his naivete as he goes on his fantastic adventures, is not known especially for his intelligence or cleverness, and is of English heritage, not anything Continental. At the end of his adventures too, he is unfit for society and truthfully a little loopy, only wanting to be around horses, which he identifies with the finest creatures he encountered, the highly rational and intelligent Houyhnhnms. But wait... the Houyhnhnms... could they be identified also as the highly intelligent and creative Unicorns of Valencia? Could Gulliver, now reinvented as a Spiral traveler of enterprise and renown, indeed be referring to them?

As you see, all playful imaginings! So, mes amis, who do you think could be the mysterious 'G'?

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
x Delightedly grins and pulls out copy of Gulliver's Travels to refresh memory and to imagine the blending of these two worlds. x

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
811
Anne Radcliffe on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
Blind Mew has given us some very teasing, tantalizing hints as to what will happen next. One playful hint was that the next skyway will begin with the letter 'C' (but not for cookie), a topic which our good 'Lord of Winter' opened as a thread to encourage speculation. With that in mind, but not giving any spoilers, at the end of our present adventure in Aquila, we receive a note signed simply 'G'. And thus, who is this mysterious 'G'? I thought it might be fun to speculate about the name belonging to this person.

The content of the letter suggest a person of high intelligence, and based on their knowledge, would seem to suggest that this was someone Valencian. So, thinking of this, and the more-or-less parallel historical time frame, my first guess is Galileo Galilei. Mathematician, physicist, inventor, astronomer, philosopher... he certainly has the right credentials. Although, perhaps too obvious a candidate? Perhaps so.

Another thought popped into my head as I was reading the latest magazine from Colonial Williamsburg, which features an article about science fiction in the 18th C. At first when the name of this fictional character popped into my head, I dismissed it. This individual was known mostly for his naivete as he goes on his fantastic adventures, is not known especially for his intelligence or cleverness, and is of English heritage, not anything Continental. At the end of his adventures too, he is unfit for society and truthfully a little loopy, only wanting to be around horses, which he identifies with the finest creatures he encountered, the highly rational and intelligent Houyhnhnms. But wait... the Houyhnhnms... could they be identified also as the highly intelligent and creative Unicorns of Valencia? Could Gulliver, now reinvented as a Spiral traveler of enterprise and renown, indeed be referring to them?

As you see, all playful imaginings! So, mes amis, who do you think could be the mysterious 'G'?

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Interesting, I have also been thinking that G could stand for Galileo.

However, perhaps Gulliver does make some sense. It has been a long time since I read Gulliver's Travels, and I don't think I can even find my copy, but I do seem to remember something about floating islands in it.

Anyways, I prefere to think that the mysterious G is in fact Galileo. Who else could possibly create such incredible thinking clockworks. I think I'll have to do some research in my free time now to figure out other possible characters for this "G".

PS.
Lord of Winter, is only an usurper to my throne and domain.
-Milady, Comtesse de Winter.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Sam Underhill on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
A few names crop up, but by process of elimination I believe we can ignore most of them.

Goofy - high intelligence, not a problem.
Glenda - are you a good witch or a bad witch?
Genie - wacky, and would fit it well in the Pirate101 system of wackiness.
Gandalf - thou shalt not pass.
Goldilocks - breaking and entering her specialty.
Garfield - but will he bring Odie?

and the Grinch! - Christmas stolen upon request. A perfect Armada agent.
LOL Ahhh Sam, delightful as usual. You never fail to make me laugh out loud (for real not just a convenient lol)
Might I suggest:
Gimli - Not the beard!
Gollum - My precious
The Great Gildersleeve- "You're a haa-aa-aa-aard man, McGee!"
or perhaps the classic;
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern - Who are spies from the highest of literary lineage. I just know Anne would love this reference.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
LOL Ahhh Sam, delightful as usual. You never fail to make me laugh out loud (for real not just a convenient lol)
Might I suggest:
Gimli - Not the beard!
Gollum - My precious
The Great Gildersleeve- "You're a haa-aa-aa-aard man, McGee!"
or perhaps the classic;
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern - Who are spies from the highest of literary lineage. I just know Anne would love this reference.
Wait a Minute! Your forgetting:
The Great Gatsby-his parties are the place to be, Old Sport.
Granny (looney Tunes)-Right in the Kisser!
Gilbert and Sullivan-Playwrites, comical and musical masters, and contraband smugglers in Port Regal. Who knew?
Gilligan's Island-Srtanded on an island gives you a lot of time on your hands
-I think I'm getting off track.


As for Galileo Theory, clever thinking on your behalf Anne. He fits the profile perfectly. He's a mathematical and mechanical genius, a master of physics and astronomy (though this might not be too important, maybe), and he is most likely at odds with The Monquisition/Armada. Its perfect! And what's more, the idea is so obvious, it might just be it. Who knows? Obviously not me, and those who do, aren't telling. Only time will tell. But until then, what other possibilities are there?!

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
308
Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
282
One more possibility popped into my mind - Godot !!

Or maybe we should just keep waiting...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Sam Underhill on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
One more possibility popped into my mind - Godot !!

Or maybe we should just keep waiting...
Marvelous, lol. I was gonna say something about waiting until I read the next line and saw that you beat me to it. Well played once again Sam.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1189
Sam Underhill on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
One more possibility popped into my mind - Godot !!

Or maybe we should just keep waiting...
Ha,ha, Sam, very funny. But shouldn't we be waiting for Godot in Polaris instead of Valencia?

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
86
I think I have and idea of what the next Skyway would be(hint it was mentioned in Marleybone on the Isle of Fetch)

(Spoiler Alert) Could it be Cadiz?

Jacob

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
282
Anne Radcliffe on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
Ha,ha, Sam, very funny. But shouldn't we be waiting for Godot in Polaris instead of Valencia?
Actually, aren't Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern waiting for Godot by the bazaar in Wizard City?

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
738
G. Hannelius maybe? (An actress I saw at the mall recently but I doubt she would be in pirate101 :P )

Or maybe O. O no could it be Gantry?

Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
39
Sam Underhill on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
A few names crop up, but by process of elimination I believe we can ignore most of them.

Goofy - high intelligence, not a problem.
Glenda - are you a good witch or a bad witch?
Genie - wacky, and would fit it well in the Pirate101 system of wackiness.
Gandalf - thou shalt not pass.
Goldilocks - breaking and entering her specialty.
Garfield - but will he bring Odie?

and the Grinch! - Christmas stolen upon request. A perfect Armada agent.
i didn't really read much of this topic but i found your post hilarious, Sam underhill

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
449
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1189
BrownBeard094 on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
I think I have and idea of what the next Skyway would be(hint it was mentioned in Marleybone on the Isle of Fetch)

(Spoiler Alert) Could it be Cadiz?

Jacob
Indeed, Jacob, that was Monsieur 'Lord of Winter's idea as well, but I tend to think that Kane's stronghold is a place rather than a skyway. For instance, we would reference 'The Admiral Benbow Inn' to the Isle of Dogs rather than Westminister Skyway. Of course you may well be right, though there are other potentially Valencian names that could begin with 'C' for a skyway, such as Catania (a Sicilian city known for its flowering in the Renaissance, which included the building of a university) or Cartegena (an ancient port city in Spain with a very pretty name!).

But I get the feeling that it is going to be pretty tricky to get back to Valencia, so that Valencian skyways may not be the first we encounter in Book 15. One possibility is a trip to Krokotopia, to try to access perhaps more arcane knowledge that might help us enter Valencia successfully. Or, KI seems to be hinting in the direction of new skyways in Skull Island. Perhaps the next skyway we encounter will be the Caribe?

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
449
Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
122
Anne Radcliffe on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
Blind Mew has given us some very teasing, tantalizing hints as to what will happen next. One playful hint was that the next skyway will begin with the letter 'C' (but not for cookie), a topic which our good 'Lord of Winter' opened as a thread to encourage speculation. With that in mind, but not giving any spoilers, at the end of our present adventure in Aquila, we receive a note signed simply 'G'. And thus, who is this mysterious 'G'? I thought it might be fun to speculate about the name belonging to this person.

The content of the letter suggest a person of high intelligence, and based on their knowledge, would seem to suggest that this was someone Valencian. So, thinking of this, and the more-or-less parallel historical time frame, my first guess is Galileo Galilei. Mathematician, physicist, inventor, astronomer, philosopher... he certainly has the right credentials. Although, perhaps too obvious a candidate? Perhaps so.

Another thought popped into my head as I was reading the latest magazine from Colonial Williamsburg, which features an article about science fiction in the 18th C. At first when the name of this fictional character popped into my head, I dismissed it. This individual was known mostly for his naivete as he goes on his fantastic adventures, is not known especially for his intelligence or cleverness, and is of English heritage, not anything Continental. At the end of his adventures too, he is unfit for society and truthfully a little loopy, only wanting to be around horses, which he identifies with the finest creatures he encountered, the highly rational and intelligent Houyhnhnms. But wait... the Houyhnhnms... could they be identified also as the highly intelligent and creative Unicorns of Valencia? Could Gulliver, now reinvented as a Spiral traveler of enterprise and renown, indeed be referring to them?

As you see, all playful imaginings! So, mes amis, who do you think could be the mysterious 'G'?

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
you read Williamsburg magazine too? wow!

I think the next world is Valencia unlike my earlier thread soooooooo I thought the polar bear sneak peeks meant Polaris but now :p

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
608
As for the skyway beginning with the letter "C", my guess is Cadiz Skyway. When Blind Mew revealed the letter of Marleybone's skyway, beginning with a letter "W", my brother and I instantly guessed that it would be Westminster. As for G, that is going to be a tough name to figure out. The Toymaker will prove to be an interesting character, but the question is are WE going to get to him first, or will the ARMADA find him and root him out? Only time will tell, and in the words of our beloved Blind Mew: "That Would Be Telling........"

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
34
My guess is Geppetto. After all, wasn't Pinocchio really sort of a clockwork?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
Aha gilieniostrinie ha I know what it means its
Puts on blind mew voice
Indeed this would be telling... Gd luck learning Italian history and the language if your willing to go that far

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1189
Ooo, good point, Antonio! Geppetto is an excellent choice, full of irony.

And good call on the Westminister Skyway, 'Warrior'screed'. That had eluded me. I still think that Cadiz is a place rather than a skyway, but you may be correct here too. Though, I had another thought about a Valencian skyway -- Castile. I smacked myself on the forehead for not thinking of it before. After all, we have the Aragon skyway (a nod surely to Ferdinand II, king of Aragon and eventually united Spain), so a Castile skyway seems a good match (just like Isabella, queen of Castile, who married Ferdinand and became queen of a united Spain... eventually). I'm still not convinced we will be going to Valencia first, but time will tell!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
68
Maybe he wants us to start a revolution of the clockworks I don't know its fun to guess. :)

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
449
  • I looked up some names:
  • Gable, Clark ( Gone with the wind.)
  • Garfield, John
  • Garland, Judy ( Wizard of Oz )
  • Gates, Bill
  • George Washington
  • Gary, Glover
  • George Gobel
  • Rube Goldberg
  • Jeff Gordon NASCAR champ
  • That's all I have for today.

Captain
May 16, 2011
553
*Scratches chin* Hmmmm, Galileo or Geppetto?

I believe it to be Galileo Galilei. And I have what I think is also a bit of proof of him possibly being that person. Of course, we never know what goes on in the mind of our favorite developer.....

I'm pretty sure everyone has by now seen those Valencia screenshots, right? You know, that unnamed city? I for one believe it to be Florence, which has been mentioned before in Valencia(I think, maybe I misheard). But, anyway, to be honest, it looks like Venice, Italy. If you take a closer looker you'll notice it's flooded. So.....If you take account that that initial part is probably based on Italy........And Galileo Galilei was born and buried in Italy.......It's beginning to make a little more sense.......

Oh, but wait! Darn, Valencia and Cadiz are cities in Spain, that right! Oh, but what if Valencia is Spain and Italy jumbled together? That could make plenty of sense!

Sorry about my brain burst.......But I believe we are getting on the right track.

And Anne! Castile Skyway, genius!

Oh, I'm getting really excited for some reason.......Probably from being tired of waiting for the new update, I deciding to join in on figuring out what is next.

Anyway, Cheers!

PS: I just scared myself; got too excited.

1