Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Where the wild frogs are

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Some have them on crew, or meet them in Gullet, but where do they all come from? Where is the frog home world? Are they all from Darkmoor, or somewhere else? They seem too few in Skull Island for that to be the source of all frogs. Are they from Valencia?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
First off I love the title

Now I'm unsure if you have been to Marleybone yet but you should've seen a few frogs there and I'm 90% sure the frogs are from Marleybone

You don't see too many in Westminster so that isn't really their place of origin or be exact, I don't think it's Albion or Kent either as those belong to the foxes and otters so I don't think they have an exact place in Marleybone as of now

Ensign
Jan 28, 2016
They just come from Skull Island. No special clans or guild

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It seems like the frogs in Skull Island are not very common there, unless you mean troggies. I refer to the frogs who are like Fan Flanders, Tricky Vinnie, and the Frogfather. Skull Island residents seem to lean towards troggies and watermoles, and maybe rats, thought they may have travelled there, as the dogs did.

There were a few frogs in Marleybone, but mostly that seems to be the cat and dog world. Maybe the frogs are also from Albion, like the foxes. They seem to like to travel, but there doesn't seem to be a large population in any particular place we've seen yet. If from troubled Albion, it would make sense that they would have reason to seek better prospects in Marleybone and Skull Island.

I don't think Fan Flanders looked like she was born to a troggy family. I'm open to the possibility that there could be another world where the frogs are many, and prominent. Maybe they would have a Frog Prince. Most frogs sound Marleybonian, but not the Frogfather.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I think the frogs come from Marleybone, and represent the Welsh. At least that way you have: Dogs as English, Foxes as Scottish, Cats for Irish, and Frogs for Welsh.

But the frogs in Marleybone are different from the Skull Island Frogs. Perhaps the Marleybone frogs are actually toads?

Although, I can't see KI making the mistake of having Frogs native to Polaris, so that's probably out.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
I think the frogs come from Marleybone, and represent the Welsh. At least that way you have: Dogs as English, Foxes as Scottish, Cats for Irish, and Frogs for Welsh.

But the frogs in Marleybone are different from the Skull Island Frogs. Perhaps the Marleybone frogs are actually toads?

Although, I can't see KI making the mistake of having Frogs native to Polaris, so that's probably out.
Troggies represent the "poison arrow" frogs of South America, also its a combination of tree + frog for their name.
I don't see exactly how the MB frogs could be from Wales, at least I haven't noticed Welch names or accents, but I'll take your word for it
Polaris is just too cold for amphibians.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Calamity Finch on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
It seems like the frogs in Skull Island are not very common there, unless you mean troggies. I refer to the frogs who are like Fan Flanders, Tricky Vinnie, and the Frogfather. Skull Island residents seem to lean towards troggies and watermoles, and maybe rats, thought they may have travelled there, as the dogs did.

There were a few frogs in Marleybone, but mostly that seems to be the cat and dog world. Maybe the frogs are also from Albion, like the foxes. They seem to like to travel, but there doesn't seem to be a large population in any particular place we've seen yet. If from troubled Albion, it would make sense that they would have reason to seek better prospects in Marleybone and Skull Island.

I don't think Fan Flanders looked like she was born to a troggy family. I'm open to the possibility that there could be another world where the frogs are many, and prominent. Maybe they would have a Frog Prince. Most frogs sound Marleybonian, but not the Frogfather.
I believe Westminisiter and Marleybone City are more Cat and Dog oriented worlds

Kingsisle hasn't really explored the homes of the foxes, otters and frogs in comparison to the dogs and cats

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Troggies seem to be tree frogs, though with the dart guns, might be poison arrow frogs too. Ones like Fan are frogs of another kind. The toads are in Cool Ranch. I find the Frog father's accent interesting; could it be that he is from somewhere similar to Sicily? It does seem to make sense that the frogs would be from somewhere near Marleybone.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
There are toads in Cool Ranch. I was remarking that the Skull Island Frogs, or better, the Pirate Frogs, such as Fran, Tricky Vinnie, The Frogfather etc are shorter and of a darker green colour than the taller and paler Marleybonean street sweeper (chimney sweep? I don't quite remember) frogs.

My comment about Polaris, wasn't about the cold. Some frog species do very well in cold climates and can survive being frozen solid. I was more referring to "Frog" being a derogatory nickname for someone of French heritage, especially from France or Quebec. I didn't think KI would make the the mistake of having frogs native to world partly inspired by France.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
There are toads in Cool Ranch. I was remarking that the Skull Island Frogs, or better, the Pirate Frogs, such as Fran, Tricky Vinnie, The Frogfather etc are shorter and of a darker green colour than the taller and paler Marleybonean street sweeper (chimney sweep? I don't quite remember) frogs.

My comment about Polaris, wasn't about the cold. Some frog species do very well in cold climates and can survive being frozen solid. I was more referring to "Frog" being a derogatory nickname for someone of French heritage, especially from France or Quebec. I didn't think KI would make the the mistake of having frogs native to world partly inspired by France.
Yes, those frogs in W101 ( the street sweepers ) have a The Wind in the Willows appearance but they seem to have Cockney accents.. I knew about "frog" being a derogatory term for the French, I was hoping it wouldn't come up.
And actually, Walrus, Polar Bears and Penguins wouldn't be associating with each other, since, as you know, the first two are Northern Artic animals, while penguins are from the Southern polar regions.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I figured the street sweeper frogs were close enough to Frogs like Fan Flanders that they might be from the same world. Marleybone seems to have the strongest number of frogs associated with it, by their presence or accent, but given all the dogs and cats we see in Marleybone City and the Isle of Dogs, frogs still seem to be the fewest in number. In Pirate101's own description of Marleybone as a world, it has colonies in Skull Island, Darkmoor, Krokotopia, and Zafaria, and rules in Rajah. None of those seem right for the frog home. Rural areas of Marleybone are mentioned, including the White Cliffs of Rover, Albion (home of the Cats and Foxes officially), and Kent. I propose that the Frog's home might be Kent. Kent is described as idyllic fields and countryside. That sounds like a place where both frogs and otters might come from, rather than Albion, which is highlands and already official home of a couple other species.