Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

When spiral date 1 was

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
I always says that it's better ter start a conversation with an answer then with a question. So the answer I has, is ter the question of what those spiral dates that come with the update notes mean. Well assumin I interpreted them right the spiral was created one the twentieth of september in the year of 795. Why that date, who knows? Speculate all ye want, I've nothin against it.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Is the date in our universe relevant? From what I understand, Bartelby and Grandmother Raven created the spiral after the world was rent by the war between the Tritons, Dragons, and Frost Giants. When that cooresponds to in our world probably has no meaning. But I could be wrong. If anyone has any other ideas, I would love to hear them.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
After a community effort (over yonder in the fan-base), many of us came to the conclusion that Spiral Dates are highly relevant to Star Dates, as found on Star Trek/Star Trek Online. While something tells me I shouldn't post a link away from the site/topic, there are several great Stardate calculators out there. Beware, however, and pick your calculator wisely - I haven't found one that would correctly show the dates from the updates pages' Stardates. It could be possible that KI is basing their Spiral Dates off of Star-Trekkian Stardates, and perhaps have their own calculation method for it. Any ideas, pirates?

D.S. Devereaux