whats your favorite promotion

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
like the title says, what's your favorite promotion? mine personally is el toro's, his was so funny I nearly died. I believe he came out a little less self obsessed with himself.... a little

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
80
I really liked Bonnie Anne's promotion to highlander it was a lot of fun!!

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
82
Don't worry he's not a little less obsessed with himself.

I like ratbeard promos the best actually

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5755
I think Dead Mike's promotions are to 'die' for How in the first promo he tries to come back to life ( no surprise, THAT doesn't work ). And in the second , he tries to find a 'preservative'! But still a piece falls off.
"Go get a bucket and a mop" too funny.
Bonnie Anne's third promotion adds a depth to her personality, when we learn about her family. This is also a favorite of mine.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1194
el Toro's for sure. "No, that's just my shoe".

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Mine is Ratbeard's Scrooge Promotion. I laughed so hard at the great writing with obvious nods to Dickens' and the hilarious voice acting. The whole thing was just plain FUN.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5755
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
Mine is Ratbeard's Scrooge Promotion. I laughed so hard at the great writing with obvious nods to Dickens' and the hilarious voice acting. The whole thing was just plain FUN.
Did you like Old Scratch's lines, "You want a proper hauntin'? Ask the dead." ?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
anecorbie on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
Did you like Old Scratch's lines, "You want a proper hauntin'? Ask the dead." ?
Yes that was truly delightful and oh so wise of him too.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
553
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5755
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Subodai's promotion to Khan :3
"I'd sooner stand in a pit of snakes!" I was so proud of him

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
612
My favorite Promotion was one that didn't need a quest, just gold. When I promoted Kawil Doomclaw to his final tier........Oh My Gosh. He looked like a purple death sentence......with 2 blades made of sharpened STONE, and his tail axe looks EPIC. My second favorite was the 1st promotion of the stuffed-up and selfish Wing Chun. What made it GREAT for me were these 2 dialogues:

Iron Monkey: "Ah, good! And what did you learn while gathering the bananas?"

Wing Chun: "I learned that no matter how far he walks, a Monkey remains a Monkey!"

Wing Chun: "It is done! My journey continues. If you keep listening to me, Captain, even you can find enlightenment!"

*sigh* Wing Chun may be powerful, but he is a pain in the poop deck.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5755
warriorscreed on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
My favorite Promotion was one that didn't need a quest, just gold. When I promoted Kawil Doomclaw to his final tier........Oh My Gosh. He looked like a purple death sentence......with 2 blades made of sharpened STONE, and his tail axe looks EPIC. My second favorite was the 1st promotion of the stuffed-up and selfish Wing Chun. What made it GREAT for me were these 2 dialogues:

Iron Monkey: "Ah, good! And what did you learn while gathering the bananas?"

Wing Chun: "I learned that no matter how far he walks, a Monkey remains a Monkey!"

Wing Chun: "It is done! My journey continues. If you keep listening to me, Captain, even you can find enlightenment!"

*sigh* Wing Chun may be powerful, but he is a pain in the poop deck.
'Purple Death Sentence' I love that Hmm, does BARNEY know about the violent tendencies of his cousin?
Have you done the Pyramid of Fire in Xol Akmul yet? Wing Chung has another insult for you.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
612
anecorbie on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
'Purple Death Sentence' I love that Hmm, does BARNEY know about the violent tendencies of his cousin?
Have you done the Pyramid of Fire in Xol Akmul yet? Wing Chung has another insult for you.
No, Kawil hasn't been in contact recently with Barney. The poor purple dinosaur is refusing to talk to him......ever since his closest cousin joined my crew. Ah yes, Wing Chun's oh-so-insulting line:

"YOU CLIMB STAIRS LIKE A PREGNANT YAK!!!"

I have half the mind to roast him and have an early thanksgiving feast. I shall thank the Spiral gods for letting me cook this bird's goose lol!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
So far mine are Sarah Steele's promotions--she's my favorite companion even though she has her weaknesses, and her promotions just add that little bit of 'wow' to her character. I think the second one (To Mouse Corsair) was pretty fun. (I hardly remember the first one it was so long ago.)

"The Black Pearl? I threw that thing into a volcano!" -Sarah Steele

I'd love to learn even more about her backstory.