Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's The Best Class?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Personally, I don't truly think there's a best class. I think it depends on the player and their strategy. Any class is capable of being "the best", but it really comes down to how people use them.

My main pirate is a swashbuckler and I've soloed most of the entire game so far. Sometimes I go to my other class pirates to see how I can use their talents to solo most of the entire game as well. As I play the other classes it also helps me understand how I can order my companions of that class to perform better in combat. For example, a musketeer can't really perform at it's best in a typical swashbuckler strategy with being so close to the enemy and being a main target.

What do you think? Do you think there actually is a best class? Do you think one class is over-powered or under-powered?

Audrey Carter-49
Scarlet Carter-11
Payton Carter-8
Nicole Carter-8
Keira Carter-7

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
Not OP, but over rated. The witchdoctors just seem to not get enough love when making companions. Now, them summoning allies is all fine and dandy, but the fact that some attacks don't even work, or 'fizzle' should I say, pretty much made me a little upset. Even though Justin IS a musketeer, their powers I find are mainly used for PvP, which is what the MMO universe has come down to. I'll even bet gold that you see more PvP than Co-op is you search up Pirate101, or Wizard101. With all these guilds and tournaments popping up, you can clearly see what this world is unfortunately coming to. Pirates and Wizards battling each other instead of working together to overcome difficult challenges, which I HOPE is what Kingisle intended to do, not make this a PvP warzone. I've just declared neutrality in this entire battle ground. Now you know why I solo this game, most of the time. Now, I do PvP sometimes, but just because it's just nothing personal, just two guys matching wits, but when it comes down to it, the rise of guilds will tear the pirate community apart, and hopefully not let the Armada use this to their advantage. (OOC: That was quite a rant on PvP!) If I could just be in the game, for one day, I would love to see all the reasons for PvP, and I bet they are guild matches, or just level 65's taking on small fries. (I've seen it happen, almost happened to me once!) Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter, thank you for your time
Justin Moone