What's Cooking at the taverns?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
Today's menu in Jonah Town's tavern is a classic:
Fish and chips- served with malt vinegar or mayo to dip your chips in, and a wedge of lemon

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
Today the Admiral Benbow is serving Albion Eggs, wrapped in bacon, yum battered and fried, with a side dish of turnips and baked potato.
Zhu Ro's Teahouse is serving thousand year old egg in a nest of wild rice.
Kraken Skulls has egg salad sandwiches on wheat toast.
The dining hall in St. Bonobo's Abbey is serving, as usual banana soup.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
Calamity Finch on Apr 19, 2017 wrote:
Today the Admiral Benbow is serving Albion Eggs, wrapped in bacon, yum battered and fried, with a side dish of turnips and baked potato.
Zhu Ro's Teahouse is serving thousand year old egg in a nest of wild rice.
Kraken Skulls has egg salad sandwiches on wheat toast.
The dining hall in St. Bonobo's Abbey is serving, as usual banana soup.
And the Silver Spur Saloon is serving stale corn dodgers with a hint of dried blood for flavor....

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9079
Fearless Finnagan on Apr 19, 2017 wrote:
And the Silver Spur Saloon is serving stale corn dodgers with a hint of dried blood for flavor....
Ugh, Finn, no way! Ham & beans with a side of cornbread, washed down with Sasperilla. El Gallo Loco has fajitas and frijollis refritos ( refried beans ).

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
Max DeGroot on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
Wait....the menus change??
They do now, hehe. It's all a secret plot to make One Eyed Jack hungry. Shhh, don't tell him.
Subata Tea House is serving egg drop soup.
Sujimura Tea House is serving Void Fish on egg dumplings and fried rice.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
Fearless Finnagan on Apr 19, 2017 wrote:
And the Silver Spur Saloon is serving stale corn dodgers with a hint of dried blood for flavor....
Did Rooster Cogburn make their menu? I seem to recall him liking to bring them on long rides.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
anecorbie on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
Ugh, Finn, no way! Ham & beans with a side of cornbread, washed down with Sasperilla. El Gallo Loco has fajitas and frijollis refritos ( refried beans ).
It's a reference to true grit

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
525
My personal Tavern, Dino's dishes, is not doing so well at the moment. My food is excellent but no one wants to come. Often I get angry customers such as:

1.) Rooster Cogburn, who I duelled in a western faceoff. He complained about my exquisite cool ranch fried chicken and somehow blamed me for the disappearance of Nurse Quinn.

2.) General Tso, who is Tso not happy. After defeating a crucial pirate fleet of his I felt bad so invited him over for dinner. He complained about how he lost so many crew members in the battle, so in order to make him happy I made some authentic mooshu kobe beef that was very fresh. This made it worse some how.

3.) El Toro. Yep my first mate got angry at me. You see I forced his best friend the ninja pig to flee the crew for being so silent. Toro questioned me of the pigs absence, and I told him ninjas just disappear at times. In order to make Toro happy I decided to make some bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Update: So apparently there was some issue with the meat, so I made a vegan dish instead. However I still got angry customers!

4.) Once Christmas was over I decided to make a new dish with leaves. A lot of leaves. It would also be a woodfire dish. Everything was going well until someone noticed the holiday treant was missing.

Update: I have given up on cooking in the spiral. Dino's dishes is closed.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
anecorbie on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
Ugh, Finn, no way! Ham & beans with a side of cornbread, washed down with Sasperilla. El Gallo Loco has fajitas and frijollis refritos ( refried beans ).
Finn made a great True Grit movie reference. Rooster Cogburn brought a sack of corn dodgers on the ride to hunt down an outlaw. Don't blame Finn, the Rooster did it.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
The Black Spot is serving One-eyed Devilish Eggs, deviled eggs with a blueberry and a black olive eyepatch. Gee, there sure are a lot of eggs being served in the spiral this week.

If any of these things wind up being pet snacks, I will laugh so much.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9079
Calamity Finch on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
Finn made a great True Grit movie reference. Rooster Cogburn brought a sack of corn dodgers on the ride to hunt down an outlaw. Don't blame Finn, the Rooster did it.
I can only say it's been absolutely ages since I've seen that movie and that my favorite one was the one with Katherine Hepburn. ( Who would make a smashing NPC, if not a recruit. )
I would love to see some of these dishes as pet snacks, also!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
730
At the Golden Bough we have Fresh Achaean Salad with Olive Oil and Sky Anchovies, and fer dessert Delicious Knossos Parfait made fresh from gathering thee finest ingredients from thee most Dangerous spots in Aquila.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
The Desert Rose is serving breakfast specials, Breakfast burritos, or scrambled sky snake eggs served with Texas Toast topped by Cactopus jelly and home-on-the-range fried despertatos (with chili peppers).

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
157
Golden Guardian on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
My personal Tavern, Dino's dishes, is not doing so well at the moment. My food is excellent but no one wants to come. Often I get angry customers such as:

1.) Rooster Cogburn, who I duelled in a western faceoff. He complained about my exquisite cool ranch fried chicken and somehow blamed me for the disappearance of Nurse Quinn.

2.) General Tso, who is Tso not happy. After defeating a crucial pirate fleet of his I felt bad so invited him over for dinner. He complained about how he lost so many crew members in the battle, so in order to make him happy I made some authentic mooshu kobe beef that was very fresh. This made it worse some how.

3.) El Toro. Yep my first mate got angry at me. You see I forced his best friend the ninja pig to flee the crew for being so silent. Toro questioned me of the pigs absence, and I told him ninjas just disappear at times. In order to make Toro happy I decided to make some bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Update: So apparently there was some issue with the meat, so I made a vegan dish instead. However I still got angry customers!

4.) Once Christmas was over I decided to make a new dish with leaves. A lot of leaves. It would also be a woodfire dish. Everything was going well until someone noticed the holiday treant was missing.

Update: I have given up on cooking in the spiral. Dino's dishes is closed.
Sorry to hear that the restaurant business didn't work out so well for you. In order to keep everyone happy, the only meat dish I can cook is turkey (that is until we get a turkey crew member, then we might have to turn vegan ). Might I suggest meals like tofu sausage? (I wouldn't eat it, but IDK maybe it'll help you)

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
308
Calamity Finch on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
They do now, hehe. It's all a secret plot to make One Eyed Jack hungry. Shhh, don't tell him.
Subata Tea House is serving egg drop soup.
Sujimura Tea House is serving Void Fish on egg dumplings and fried rice.
I don't know about one eyed jack but it's working on me lol

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
Today at the Admiral Benbow is a special dessert, The Ghost in the Machine. It is a white marshmallow dog in a waffle-cake cage, with fried batter cogwheels, and anise waffle cookies.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
silver swordcoral on Apr 24, 2017 wrote:
I don't know about one eyed jack but it's working on me lol
Glad you are enjoying it. Back when there were role plays on the forum, I noticed that a number of people included some really yummy sounding food within those stories. I thought it was time to bring, at least, the food back. Jack really did say moderating the stories with all the good food in them was making him hungry, or gain weight. Nope, not violating the rule against role play here, not us, just um ... brainstorming new pet snacks, right! that's it! And suggesting Blind Mew include a new Crazy Chef NPC or crew member. I can hear music similar to Ratbeard's epic-hit music play as the chef, in his hat, leaps up into the air, meat cleaver held high to attack. Oops, I went off menu there.
Due to an over supply of gators in the sewers, the Snail and Newt tavern is running a sale on gator tenders with chips. The best part of the dish is the Gator pickle that comes with it. Who knew the cook there was so talented at carving pickles? Unfortunately the gator tenders are a little tough.
By special request, the Black Spot is serving Carrot Top salad with celery sticks and dressing on the side.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9079
In Darkmoor, The Gargoyle Tavern is serving Goulash & cucumber salad.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
After a visit to Cool Ranch, the chef in the Subata Teahouse was inspired to make a new creation, Hash-shimi, thin sliced bufaloon meat and despertatos served on white rice with wasabi.
The Silver Spur Saloon is now serving corn dodgers with teriyaki dipping sauce.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9079
The Desert Rose has special today: Frito Pie! Get it while it's hot!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
The Mezzaluna Tavern is serving Venus on the Half-shell, a beautiful meatball with an oyster center and crowned with angel-hair pasta and pesto sauce, perched in a scallop shell boat, floating on a sea of scallops and polenta.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1345
Calamity Finch on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
Today's menu in Jonah Town's tavern is a classic:
Fish and chips- served with malt vinegar or mayo to dip your chips in, and a wedge of lemon
Today's menu in my restaurant (the Captain's Cove) in my House (Smuggler's Cove), is full of delicious options - try them now! You never really know if you'll like it until you try it! Oops... I mean... you'll never really enjoy the delicious flavor until you try it! (Can't tell that to the person I'm renting the restaurant from, or he might take the property away from me! )

People are coming like crazy! (So overwhelming...) Today's Thursday special is the popular Marleybone-originated Beef Wellington, a delicious preparation of filet steak covered with wonderful pâté and duxelles, which is then wrapped in perfect puff pastries and baked! Another amazing dish is the Shepherd's Pie we all have come to love, the meat pie with a perfectly crunchy crust of mashed potato. And for dessert, of course, is the Bakewell Tart, a very common treat among Marleybonians, which consists of an exquisite shortcrust pastry shell between layers of jam, frangipane, and a topping of perfectly crusty flaked almonds.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9079
Helpful Aurora Par... on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:
Today's menu in my restaurant (the Captain's Cove) in my House (Smuggler's Cove), is full of delicious options - try them now! You never really know if you'll like it until you try it! Oops... I mean... you'll never really enjoy the delicious flavor until you try it! (Can't tell that to the person I'm renting the restaurant from, or he might take the property away from me! )

People are coming like crazy! (So overwhelming...) Today's Thursday special is the popular Marleybone-originated Beef Wellington, a delicious preparation of filet steak covered with wonderful pâté and duxelles, which is then wrapped in perfect puff pastries and baked! Another amazing dish is the Shepherd's Pie we all have come to love, the meat pie with a perfectly crunchy crust of mashed potato. And for dessert, of course, is the Bakewell Tart, a very common treat among Marleybonians, which consists of an exquisite shortcrust pastry shell between layers of jam, frangipane, and a topping of perfectly crusty flaked almonds.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer
Perfectly delightful ( Watch out everyone, we have a true "foodie" in our midst! )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
Helpful Aurora Par... on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:
Today's menu in my restaurant (the Captain's Cove) in my House (Smuggler's Cove), is full of delicious options - try them now! You never really know if you'll like it until you try it! Oops... I mean... you'll never really enjoy the delicious flavor until you try it! (Can't tell that to the person I'm renting the restaurant from, or he might take the property away from me! )

People are coming like crazy! (So overwhelming...) Today's Thursday special is the popular Marleybone-originated Beef Wellington, a delicious preparation of filet steak covered with wonderful pâté and duxelles, which is then wrapped in perfect puff pastries and baked! Another amazing dish is the Shepherd's Pie we all have come to love, the meat pie with a perfectly crunchy crust of mashed potato. And for dessert, of course, is the Bakewell Tart, a very common treat among Marleybonians, which consists of an exquisite shortcrust pastry shell between layers of jam, frangipane, and a topping of perfectly crusty flaked almonds.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer
Yum. Shepherd's pie and a Bakewell tart, please.
What's in Frito Pie, Anecorbie?
OH NO! The Sail and Newt is serving a new Marleybone main dish, MYSTERY MEAT. Old Scratch ordered it! EEK! He's actually eating it.