Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What things annoy you in Pirate101?4)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
Ahoy pirates Do you find things annoying? I do too Here are somethings that annoy me in Pirate101

1)Weak players joining the strongest team

2)Players that squirm or complain about the team that won cheated.

3)When the enemy your fighting blocks your attacks

4)When non members beg for crowns or membership

Thats all

Chase

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Well personally i love pirate101 its one of if not the best game ever but does that mean that the game has no flaws...OF COURSE NOT here are some things that i hate in pirate101
.they use recycled sprites TOO DANG MUCH
.Too many refrences so many it sometimes feels like im not playing a game with a original story(dont get me wrong kingsle i love all the refrences to for example pirates and characters for example:wyatt chirp=wyatt earp but i feel like theres just WAY too many)
.the game can sometimes be FRUSTRATINGLY hard and ubsurd amount of graphical and voice glitches
but other than that pirate101 is brilliant

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well I am eternally grateful for KI Not having gifting in this game. As much as I loved being generous to my friends and loved being able to give birthday gifts and such, I do not miss all that begging from other players one bit. And having them always asking me if I had crowns, knowing full well that if I answered in the positive that the next thing they will say is to start begging me to gift them something. Gifting is a wonderful thing but those greedy players ruined it for all of us. It is such a relief to not have to deal with the beggars and not have to feel tempted to lie and not reveal my crowns amount, because they clued in real fast if I declined to answer that I must have some. Yes I miss not being able to be giving but not near as much as I love not having beggars pestering me. All it took was owning a crown item and they would swarm you, literally. Once n a while a new player will beg but once I inform them that gifting is not allowed it shuts them right up. Once again, I Thank you KingsIsle.

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
right now im not so enthusiastic about the wave of redcoats they put in Fort Basset(the dungeon you get the Yellow Windstone)

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Defeat and collect quests. Definitely.

Ensign
Oct 12, 2012
Legend of Cool Ran... on May 28, 2013 wrote:
Ahoy pirates Do you find things annoying? I do too Here are somethings that annoy me in Pirate101

Thats all

Chase
i have another more then
.they beg for help when it was easy omg that happened to me jk
. they tease people i don't do that some one did it to me

. weak beg you to add
.they port in wind stone areas they are non member and member idk how to fix it

thats all i can think of

ben lvl 51 oops i'm like monkey king i'm lvl 47 not 51 i'm celestal trickster

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Nothing, really. Sometimes a particular quest type becomes a little boring for a bit, but then I just shift to another pirate or to Wizard101 for awhile, until I am again in the mood to sink ships/beat up somebody for chocolate bars/zip back and forth on a fetch quest or whatever it was I was doing.

Captain
May 13, 2011
2 things that annoy me the most

1: how much is censored in text chat. i mean, you can remove menu chat now that its extremely limited. we cant say ANY kinds of numbers now. good job, KI

2: this games very luck based. i had moments where i only had to hope my companions hit. you used to be lucky if you blocked, now your lucky if you hit

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
The worlds before mooshu.
Defeat and collect quest mostly in skyway.
Having to do battles in one sitting.

Ensign
Apr 09, 2011
The amount of times that Scratch fizzles in battle.... Very annoying

Ensign
Jul 18, 2009
What annoys me most is battles you cant get through without help. I play after work which is in the middle of the night. Normal people are sleeping and I dont have a lot of friends to play with. It frustrates me to do the same fight 10 times. having to quit because its bedtime and then having to try again and still not make it even the third day. When testing the marleybone, I only managed to get to Marleybone by lucking into a group that was going in. I am so ready to scream. This is frustrating! I wish the programers had listen to my comments while testing. there were two places that frustrated me and once again I got lucky and joined in a group.

Well that's what frustrates me. I wish there was a place in the community that you could ask for friends. I guess I am going to have to wait till summer comes and hope kids stay up late and won't mind me following them around.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
1: how much is censored in text chat. i mean, you can remove menu chat now that its extremely limited. we cant say ANY kinds of numbers now. good job, KI

This is a family friendly based game,KI wouldn't have to limit chat if people didn't act immature while typing to other people.

Numbers i would figure are filtered for age asking questions among other things.

Now back to topic,

Tbh i don't really hate much if something or someone is annoying me i either change realms or log out and do something else

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
1. How only I seem to dodge attacks from my enemies even though my companions should be perfectly capable of doing it.
2. How I rarely land a hit without using something like Backstab etc. I know I should be capable of doing it.
3. Nautical level XP farming. Ugh.

>.< Luck isn't favoring me lately. Oh well.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Sneaky George Quar... on May 30, 2013 wrote:
2 things that annoy me the most

2: this games very luck based. i had moments where i only had to hope my companions hit. you used to be lucky if you blocked, now your lucky if you hit
Yea. It's a pain trying to tell my friends how many ships/enemies I need.

What annoys me is when one of my companions I need LEAST in the battle shows up. And yet it always happens. And I can't decide which companions need sleeping tokens. I:

Ensign
Apr 20, 2013
1. Getting my ship boarded, because I was half a second too late to hit my heal power.

2. Show offs who join lower leveled players in instances (like a level thirty Pirate in the Temple of Gloom, Fin's lair) just so they can show off their super-duper-amazing-law-defying-tremendous-extra-powered powers.

3. Getting my attacks blocked! Gaah!

4. Enemies with Repel Boarders, First Strike, Quick Draw, or Vengeance Strike.

5. How expensive those Training Tomes are.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Legend of Cool Ran... on May 28, 2013 wrote:

Thats all

Chase
amazing card gear that drops but nor for the current pirate your logged in as. This annoys me more than anything else. should be like how water works is in wizard if something rolls its for your class if its in the table not a different class.

still many armor types can that can be dyed e.g angel's battle array its gold / brown cant be dyed. everything should be dye-able!

Petty Officer
Jul 28, 2011
Satyrs satyrs Satyrs satyrs

SATYRS!!!!!!!!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
thatonevalenciansw... on May 28, 2013 wrote:
Well personally i love pirate101 its one of if not the best game ever but does that mean that the game has no flaws...OF COURSE NOT here are some things that i hate in pirate101
.they use recycled sprites TOO DANG MUCH
.Too many refrences so many it sometimes feels like im not playing a game with a original story(dont get me wrong kingsle i love all the refrences to for example pirates and characters for example:wyatt chirp=wyatt earp but i feel like theres just WAY too many)
.the game can sometimes be FRUSTRATINGLY hard and ubsurd amount of graphical and voice glitches
but other than that pirate101 is brilliant
the references are funny they want people to relate to other things

Ensign
Mar 08, 2012
Fort Basset and defeating Commander Davis. I give up. I just can't beat all those redcoats. Maybe I'll find some other game to play.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
subata speaks on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
Satyrs satyrs Satyrs satyrs

SATYRS!!!!!!!!
Agreed. Those things are evil.... a. a

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
1.) No second chance chests on 30-90 minute mission bosses
2.) Finishing a 30-90 minute mission the boss chest shows up with only gold.
3.) see #2 in this list then see #1

Ensign
Jul 25, 2011
I love Pirate101! But there are a few things that are annoying.

1. Setting up your talents in book and not even having the #1 talent come up until 2nd or 3rd round of battle. Makes no sense...

2. Harpys! They don't even look like they fit in Pirate graphics wise (yes they are terrible looking) and the noise they make awful awful awful and incessant! I turn the game sound off...

3. The cost of Tomes.

Captain
May 13, 2011
azfrk on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
Fort Basset and defeating Commander Davis. I give up. I just can't beat all those redcoats. Maybe I'll find some other game to play.
its a lot easier once you get a friend. i had someone to help me and there were still 4 redcoats each wave. no casualties when the battle ended

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Sneaky George Quar... on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
its a lot easier once you get a friend. i had someone to help me and there were still 4 redcoats each wave. no casualties when the battle ended
This is like the first challenge fight in the expansion :-) tough but very doable even more so for those who farmed for the card / talent giving gear/drops before AQ went live.

Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
Hey pirates Thanks for leaving your comments!
I have more things annoying me

1.Defeating and collecting quests
2.Stuck on a quest when no one helps me!
3.When someone helps me in a hard dungeon
4. When Jackie Chan appears and kills my companions and me! Just kidding about that one.
5. Pvp matches taking so long
6.Weak players sending friend requests when I dont want to get friends!

Thats all

Chase HoodooLegend