Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is your favorite crown shop companion?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
My favorite has to be Martin Valvida! I bought him on my buccaneer and he was worth every crown. I love him cause he acts and sounds like Meowth from the pokemon anime. And I wanna buy Bosun Budd one day, is he worth it?

pǝʍollɐ ǝɹɐ doɥs uʍoɹɔ ǝɥʇ oʇ ǝʌᴉsnlɔxǝ sǝuo ǝɥʇ ʎluo zld pǝʍollɐ ʇou ǝɹɐ doɥs uʍoɹɔ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ǝpɐɯ suoᴉuɐdɯoɔ ɟo sǝuolɔ ʎɐʍ ǝɥʇ ʎq

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
First, I'm glad someone else cares about this sort of thing, thank you darkmoordude.. Second, what in the Spiral? How did you do the upside down words?

1: Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah: His hidden power is like his name: when you use it three times fast, you're rendered speechless! Give him Mojo Echo 3 and Mojo Rising 2 to go with his innate Readied Spell. Seriously, if you want to dish out damage like a fighter, he's better than even Old Scratch!

2: Moresco de Valvida: being the only flying Musketeer in the game, combined with doing melee damage, make Moresco a useful asset. Especially in deckside combat; if you move him to a place with air spaces all around him, melee units can't touch him!

3: Goronado: While unfortunately no longer of much combat use to me, I recognize Goronado would be amazing with Buccaneers. As a Musketeer, I can't boost him, but he still dished out lots of damage, back in his day.

4: Ninja Pig: While not strictly a Crown Shop companion, I know that the Pirate Lords smile on ninja pigs, and not only for their rarity. My ninja pig, Ice Runner, has Relentless 2, Blade Storm 2, Riposte 2, and First Strike. The best part? Even without a hide, he can do upwards of a thousand damage each turn. Easily. Even more than that if he's in the mood for a critical spree, which happens quite often. He's also a Ninja Pig. Need I say more?

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Lookit Light on Apr 8, 2019 wrote:
First, I'm glad someone else cares about this sort of thing, thank you darkmoordude.. Second, what in the Spiral? How did you do the upside down words?

1: Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah: His hidden power is like his name: when you use it three times fast, you're rendered speechless! Give him Mojo Echo 3 and Mojo Rising 2 to go with his innate Readied Spell. Seriously, if you want to dish out damage like a fighter, he's better than even Old Scratch!

2: Moresco de Valvida: being the only flying Musketeer in the game, combined with doing melee damage, make Moresco a useful asset. Especially in deckside combat; if you move him to a place with air spaces all around him, melee units can't touch him!

3: Goronado: While unfortunately no longer of much combat use to me, I recognize Goronado would be amazing with Buccaneers. As a Musketeer, I can't boost him, but he still dished out lots of damage, back in his day.

4: Ninja Pig: While not strictly a Crown Shop companion, I know that the Pirate Lords smile on ninja pigs, and not only for their rarity. My ninja pig, Ice Runner, has Relentless 2, Blade Storm 2, Riposte 2, and First Strike. The best part? Even without a hide, he can do upwards of a thousand damage each turn. Easily. Even more than that if he's in the mood for a critical spree, which happens quite often. He's also a Ninja Pig. Need I say more?
I'm thinking of buying Goronado one day, but IDK what pirate to do it on.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
darkmoordude on Apr 28, 2019 wrote:
I'm thinking of buying Goronado one day, but IDK what pirate to do it on.
Buy Goronado on your Buccaneer, it's the best class to pair him with.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Lookit Light on Apr 29, 2019 wrote:
Buy Goronado on your Buccaneer, it's the best class to pair him with.
Ok, thank you. I don't want to buy too many crown companions but he only has Martin Valvida so far so it'll be fine.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
darkmoordude on Apr 29, 2019 wrote:
Ok, thank you. I don't want to buy too many crown companions but he only has Martin Valvida so far so it'll be fine.
On Martin Valvida, It's a good thing you buccaneer has him, because you can boost his spells! (unlike mine, poor thing) He should go well with Old Scratch and a boost or two!

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
I personally really like the Valvida brothers, Moresco especially, both I have on my witchdoctor. Not only can he fly but he also does physical damage, a rarity for ranged units who commonly do magic damage. While his range is only 3 he does make up for it with his other traits including his magic damage power which effects targets in a + area.

Martin is also handy at times and he's one of the rare few melee companions who can get both riposte and vengeance strike as well as second chance (cat pirate (melee swashbuckler) is the only other one that immediately comes to mind who shares this trait). That said I do wish he could get more than one rank of relentless though, but funnily enough unlike his brother he is effected by the hoodoo standard, so that's something at least.

Another one I used allot of my musketeer is El Tiburon the Sky Shark, a melee buccaneer that flies, gets multiple relentless and vengeance strike ranks but also deals magic damage, a rarity for melee units. He also has flanking, which is handy for combo plays. Before getting Chilam Bak and going full hog with the Human of Death motif he was my first mate.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
flash33 on May 3, 2019 wrote:
I personally really like the Valvida brothers, Moresco especially, both I have on my witchdoctor. Not only can he fly but he also does physical damage, a rarity for ranged units who commonly do magic damage. While his range is only 3 he does make up for it with his other traits including his magic damage power which effects targets in a + area.

Martin is also handy at times and he's one of the rare few melee companions who can get both riposte and vengeance strike as well as second chance (cat pirate (melee swashbuckler) is the only other one that immediately comes to mind who shares this trait). That said I do wish he could get more than one rank of relentless though, but funnily enough unlike his brother he is effected by the hoodoo standard, so that's something at least.

Another one I used allot of my musketeer is El Tiburon the Sky Shark, a melee buccaneer that flies, gets multiple relentless and vengeance strike ranks but also deals magic damage, a rarity for melee units. He also has flanking, which is handy for combo plays. Before getting Chilam Bak and going full hog with the Human of Death motif he was my first mate.
Wait, El Tiburon does Magic damage? I never knew! I've got to get him while he's on sale!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
flash33 on May 3, 2019 wrote:

I got El Tiburon! Because no Pirate is complete until they have a killer shark with them, right? (combined and ) I'm trying to figure out how to use him best at the moment.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
darkmoordude on Apr 29, 2019 wrote:
Did you get Goronado while he was on sale?

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Lookit Light on May 6, 2019 wrote:
Did you get Goronado while he was on sale?
Shoot, I didn't know he was, how much was he?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
darkmoordude on May 8, 2019 wrote:
Shoot, I didn't know he was, how much was he?
Oh no. Poor you, he was on sale for half price!