What Is He Saying??

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Jan 17, 2012
482
Is there something that someone says that makes no sense to you?

I know that my Holy Monquisitor seems to be saying "I'm sorry to you." sometimes when I assign him his assignment. That, of course, makes no sense. Does anyone know what he is really saying?

What other sayings can't you understand?

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
145
Max DeGroot on Feb 11, 2013 wrote:
Is there something that someone says that makes no sense to you?

I know that my Holy Monquisitor seems to be saying "I'm sorry to you." sometimes when I assign him his assignment. That, of course, makes no sense. Does anyone know what he is really saying?

What other sayings can't you understand?
Weasel Gambler. I think he is saying "Pieces of Eight" but I'm not sure.
Bristly Kevin

Captain
May 02, 2009
525
Actually, I think he says,"I'm sorry to do this." Saying like he is sorry that he has to beat you mercilessly until you comply to our terms.

Ensign
Sep 16, 2010
16
Im sorry i cant help you because the lil monkey seems to have a bunch of bananas in his mouth.
You maybe should try to guess/imagine what he is saying and stick with that.
For Example: First time i met a Mander in W101 and he attacked with saying something. I heard "Dinnertime!" and from that moment on all Manders are saying Dinnertime! for me. :)

Lux

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
187
wiz11110 on Feb 11, 2013 wrote:
Weasel Gambler. I think he is saying "Pieces of Eight" but I'm not sure.
Bristly Kevin
"Pieces of eight" is not a non sense wording, at least for all who grown up at pirates and grog .

(NOTE from One-Eyed Jack: no external linking to Wikipedia is allowed)

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
187
wiz11110 on Feb 11, 2013 wrote:
Weasel Gambler. I think he is saying "Pieces of Eight" but I'm not sure.
Bristly Kevin
From the link i posted before

In Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island, Long John Silver's parrot had apparently been trained to cry out, "Pieces of eight!" This use tied the coin (and parrots) to fiction depictions of pirates. Deriving from the wide popularity of this book, "Pieces of eight" is sometimes used to mean "money" or "a lot of money", regardless of specific denomination.

Administrator
Max DeGroot on Feb 11, 2013 wrote:
Is there something that someone says that makes no sense to you?

I know that my Holy Monquisitor seems to be saying "I'm sorry to you." sometimes when I assign him his assignment. That, of course, makes no sense. Does anyone know what he is really saying?

What other sayings can't you understand?
We had one of our sound guys listen to this, and the best he could decipher it was, "I and follow you." I like Coolster's idea . . . "I'm sorry to do this" sounds much more reasonable.

A lot of the Monquistor's vocal work was done back in 2011, and we may revisit these sometime in the future.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
145
Clownsanity on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
From the link i posted before

In Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island, Long John Silver's parrot had apparently been trained to cry out, "Pieces of eight!" This use tied the coin (and parrots) to fiction depictions of pirates. Deriving from the wide popularity of this book, "Pieces of eight" is sometimes used to mean "money" or "a lot of money", regardless of specific denomination.
Thanks!! That really confused me.
Bristly Kevin

First Mate
Jan 17, 2012
482
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
We had one of our sound guys listen to this, and the best he could decipher it was, "I and follow you." I like Coolster's idea . . . "I'm sorry to do this" sounds much more reasonable.

A lot of the Monquistor's vocal work was done back in 2011, and we may revisit these sometime in the future.
Thanks, Jack!

I thought I was going crazy. Nice to know it had you stumped, too.

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
86
i'm confused by what my shark companion (from the cutthroat bundle says) he says, "what weakling." and i think I'm several levels higher than you, and your captain. Does anybody find that strange?