Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What do your Pirates do in their spare time?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hello again my friends! How are ya all? I'm hoping you're all doing well today, and if you're interested, I just finished up some Yum and spices cake. It's a new recipe of mine, but feel free to try it!

Today, I'd like to ask you something... What do you Pirates do in the times you aren't plundering, fighting, or organizing and training you crew members?

Personally, I dabble a little in the art of baking. I'm also in love with drawing or reading a good ol' book when I feel like it. Anything you'd wish to converse about over some chamoomile tea from Mooshu? (See what I did there?)

Anyways feel free to talk about it all!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Hello again my friends! How are ya all? I'm hoping you're all doing well today, and if you're interested, I just finished up some Yum and spices cake. It's a new recipe of mine, but feel free to try it!

Today, I'd like to ask you something... What do you Pirates do in the times you aren't plundering, fighting, or organizing and training you crew members?

Personally, I dabble a little in the art of baking. I'm also in love with drawing or reading a good ol' book when I feel like it. Anything you'd wish to converse about over some chamoomile tea from Mooshu? (See what I did there?)

Anyways feel free to talk about it all!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
Lets see, I spend time with my friends and crew, occasionally doing some swords work with Lucy Sterling. I also like to sit down at the tavern and sneak some of your delicious treats!

Can I have a sliver of that Yum Spice Cake? It sounds delicious!

The Privateer'n Wizard

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Mmm Thank you for you delectable dainties. If I keep visiting like this I am gonna have to adjust the ballast on my ship. My taste buds are doing the happy dance .
I love to travel through the spiral to feed my shutterbug tendencies. I get so many amazing shots of the breathtaking vistas the artists have created just for our pleasure. I wander through rooms to enjoy the decorating, and get shots of it of course. I find the most picturesque places often far away from any quest path. The eye candy I uncover is as much a treasure hunt as any chest of gold. Then once I am satiated with screenshots I set sail for the Fan Fiction Library and curl up with a good book and some of the fabulous teas you so graciously insisted I leave with.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I like training with the Red Sash bandits around Cool Ranch's skyways. I like walking around my home, giving my crew the yum supplies until I say "But why is the Yum gone?", going bounty hunting around Cool Ranch, taking my cousin (Dead Eye Flint Everhart) and my sister (Pretty Amanda Davis) around the spiral, from Skull Island to Marleybone. But the best thing I like is definitely....Farming the Bonanza!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Salut et mercie Emma pour les biscuites et le tort.
When not rescuing the various denizens of the Spiral or "collecting funds" I continue to gather evidence to support my theory of a unified Spiral. Usually this involves cataloguing the flora and fauna from various worlds in an attempt to determine simularities and possible relatedness between the worlds of the Spiral.
This self-appointed task has improved greatly since I obtained the assistance of Gracie Conrad. Just try asking Ratbeard to gather Mooshu butterflies and you'll understand.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
In my spare time, I (under my pirate alias) manage a few blogs and roleplay with friends. I'm writing a novel and my fan-fiction. Once a week, I go and play Dungeons & Dragons.
As the sailing pirate, I'm always looking for a new nook to hide in or another hilltop to explore in-game. I love the scenery of Pirate101!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Ooo, thank you for the tea and cakes, Emma, You spoil me so! Anne is intrigued and mystified by the art of baking, as growing up in rural MooShu, she learned how to prepare meals primarily by stir-frying, with steam-cooked buns instead of baked ones, plenty of fruits for sweet things, and occasional candies. Since arriving at Skull Island, she has since discovered the joys of cookies and cakes!

Anne likes to embroider, a skill she learned from her mother as a small child (although, she doesn't remember those happy teaching moments anymore), and her gentleman's suit usually sports a waistcoat adorned with her own embroidery. She also loves to sing, and has amassed quite a collection of folk songs, ranging from MooShu songs and ballads she learned in her home village, songs of love and adventure from Monquista, comic songs of Cool Ranch, many songs from Marleybone and wistful melodies of Albion, the latter mostly learned from Bonnie Anne.

Charlotte (my privateer), sings and plays the lyre and viola da gamba, with a different repertoire than Anne. Fostered by the bears of Grizzleheim, she learned the ancient story-songs from her foster father, who was himself a talented skald. Wanting to prove herself worthy of inclusion in her foster family's clan, Charlotte joined the Resistance, to gain a name of honor and glory (perhaps she spent too much time singing those sagas!). The captain of the ship where Charlotte served as midshipman, Constanze d'Este, was a great lover of music, and impressed by Charlotte's talent and willingness to learn, became her mentor, musically as well as professionally. From her Charlotte learned to play the viola da gamba and the beautiful, high style songs of Valencia. And now, she honors her captain's tragic death by continuing to play and sing.

(No room for Genevieve, some other time! )

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe (et al)

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
my captain talks to my whole entire crew four pages of companions and he gets snacks and he trains

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
DS Devereaux on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
In my spare time, I (under my pirate alias) manage a few blogs and roleplay with friends. I'm writing a novel and my fan-fiction. Once a week, I go and play Dungeons & Dragons.
As the sailing pirate, I'm always looking for a new nook to hide in or another hilltop to explore in-game. I love the scenery of Pirate101!
Ah... D&D.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
And now to sneak in a few words about my buccaneer, Genevieve (as a certain young person in my house would be most miffed if I did not include her!). Genevieve, growing up in Grizzleheim too, has interests influenced by her Bear foster mother, a healer and wise woman, who raised her. Genevieve likes to be out exploring nature, especially enjoying woods and fields, and has something of a field notebook (though she would not call it that) with pressed botanicals and notes. She also particularly loves to weave, but no looms aboard ship, so idle time is often spent spinning wool with a drop spindle, and then finger-weaving tapes and cords, preferably in bright, mixed colors.

( Virtuous Anne Radcliffe)

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Love the cakes! But anyway....

I like to do PVPs. So fun!

Pretty Cheryl Walker

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Never tried Yum cake before.
Omar Underwood enjoys experimenting rituals and other magical arts (Though sometimes they have they have a tendency to blow up ships). He particularly enjoys binding magic to music and creating beautiful and haunting melodies. He also has a good eye for art, antiques, gadgets, curios, and books that can cause him to be a packrat. Being obsessed with his mysterious family origins in Darkmoor, he relentlessly searches for anything about the world hoping it could trigger a memory of the place.

Impish Omar Underwood

P.S. the yum cake is delicious!

Captain
May 16, 2011
For the first half of the day, Captain Hank Ironside usually goes to a tavern and drinks some yum, and eats yum cake. And he reads the entire time. During the other half, he's busy controlling his companions to make sure they don't go insane(I put on Le Internet Medley on my radio, and almost all of my companions turn it on).

"Who are you?! Surrender or feel the wrath of El Toro!"

Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
my pirate likes to train with Mordicai,read books about history and loves to cook(doesn't matter what it is) and throws partys just for his crew