what do you think is in el dorado

1
AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
this is for what you think is the dangerous thing in el dorado? i think its the storm titan, from what i know we've seen the ice titan and the dragon titan but not the storm. if it wakes the titan war could restart and destroy the spiral! what do you think is there?

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
324
sparticus32 on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
this is for what you think is the dangerous thing in el dorado? i think its the storm titan, from what i know we've seen the ice titan and the dragon titan but not the storm. if it wakes the titan war could restart and destroy the spiral! what do you think is there?
gold n' doom.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
Blixet on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
gold n' doom.
Doom n' gloom. And gold. Lots of gold.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2010
11
Well, I'll bet there will at least be a little gold, but who knows how much? How do people know that there is so much gold if they can't even get to the storm gate? Ok, maybe the rumors are true that the place itself is made of gold. But I bet there will be lots more competition there too. Maybe you got all the map pieces but the armada followed you. Or maybe the other way around. But perhaps there were already locals in the area. Dangerous ones. And a large, powerful guardian that they worship would be there. You'll never know until you get there. But I'm sure that you and your crew will be the only ones on that island.

Perilous Olivia Hornigold

Petty Officer
Dec 21, 2008
51
You know, that's one thing that we haven't received a lot of hints about. I'm hoping it's something truly astonishing, especially given that we'll have waited over 75% (at least) of the initial arc just to learn more. However, if I've learned anything about Blind Mew and the Pirate101 creative team, it's that they never fail to impress.

My guess is that there'll be monsters. And probably some big boss (Cthulhu?), as well as a few Armada elite fights. I wouldn't be surprised if we learn something about our pirate's past, too... I would say that greed will also play a factor. Of all enemies, human nature is surely the greatest.

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
SURPRISE! Malestaire has been resurrected as a pirate and is laying waste to El Dorado! I mean you just never know.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
Avery describes El Dorado as "a legend of the skyways, a lost island of solid gold " ( ). I'm willing to believe anything presented in this game. ( Flying ships, talking animals, floating islands and multiple orphans doing the same things ) But, for some reason, I can't believe in a gigantic island-sized gold nugget.
So I suggest that the island is not an island at all, but a battleship. Gold clad, with the ability to create it's own stormgate to any skyway. Now I could see why the Armada would want to go there.
And the "great danger"? The island is intelligent, aware of what is happening in it's surroundings and hostile to living creatures wishing to exploit it.
This is just a crazy thought of mine, presented for your entertainment.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2013
42
I think all the gold a pirate will want,and monster that will test the powers that our pirate has been training with their hole life.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
anecorbie on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
Avery describes El Dorado as "a legend of the skyways, a lost island of solid gold " ( ). I'm willing to believe anything presented in this game. ( Flying ships, talking animals, floating islands and multiple orphans doing the same things ) But, for some reason, I can't believe in a gigantic island-sized gold nugget.
So I suggest that the island is not an island at all, but a battleship. Gold clad, with the ability to create it's own stormgate to any skyway. Now I could see why the Armada would want to go there.
And the "great danger"? The island is intelligent, aware of what is happening in it's surroundings and hostile to living creatures wishing to exploit it.
This is just a crazy thought of mine, presented for your entertainment.
But why would Marco Pollo have a map to El Dorito...I mean, El Dorado then? (Sorry, I'm hungry)

*gasp* WHAT IF:

1) Marco Pollo is still alive, and his tomb was fake?

2) Marco Pollo is for some odd reason, KANE?

Wait, wait, hold on. "the ability to create it's own stormgate to any skyway." Hmmm, interesting. This conversation has reminded me of an old Disney movie called Treasure Planet. There's a legend about a pirate who can raid a ship, and then disappear without a trace. The main character, Jim, joins on a crew looking for the Treasure Planet. They find it, and Jim comes to figure out that the pirate used a little transporter machine to disappear. Long story short, the treasure was protected by a self-destruct and they had to use the transporter to get out.

Now, an intelligent ship/island...I'm going to have to think about that. I can't relate it to anything I've seen/read besides the Labyrinth from the Percy Jackson book series. The more people that are in it, the more it will confuse you. You'll find more traps. Enemies will be more numerous. The maze itself will shift and change. But, if only a few people go in, then there is a better chance of making it out alive. You'll still run into obstacles, but there won't be as many.

Now here's my question: What happens when we finally complete Marco Pollo's Map, and find the Stormgate to El Dorado? Would the Stormgate be filled with danger? No Windlane, possibly? And El Dorado...assuming that it is an island, is it a pleasant place? Or is it filled with Undead and creatures far worse? There must be a Skyway around El Dorado. To me, I think it would be like Avernus. Perhaps El Dorado has a golden Skyway?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
612
anecorbie on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
Avery describes El Dorado as "a legend of the skyways, a lost island of solid gold " ( ). I'm willing to believe anything presented in this game. ( Flying ships, talking animals, floating islands and multiple orphans doing the same things ) But, for some reason, I can't believe in a gigantic island-sized gold nugget.
So I suggest that the island is not an island at all, but a battleship. Gold clad, with the ability to create it's own stormgate to any skyway. Now I could see why the Armada would want to go there.
And the "great danger"? The island is intelligent, aware of what is happening in it's surroundings and hostile to living creatures wishing to exploit it.
This is just a crazy thought of mine, presented for your entertainment.
A GOLDEN BATTLESHIP!?!? That would be EPIC. However, at the end of the storyline, you can't just hand away golden battleships as awards to everyone. That would be pretty intense but cool. But I do believe your theory is plausible. The island must be some sort of warship to float like that, given how that it is made out of EXTREMELY HEAVY solid gold, because if it wasn't a warship, it would SINK......BIG TIME. Maybe the Armada wants it because a warship of that size, armor, and caliber would be unstoppable!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
MistyDragon13 on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
But why would Marco Pollo have a map to El Dorito...I mean, El Dorado then? (Sorry, I'm hungry)

*gasp* WHAT IF:

1) Marco Pollo is still alive, and his tomb was fake?

2) Marco Pollo is for some odd reason, KANE?

Wait, wait, hold on. "the ability to create it's own stormgate to any skyway." Hmmm, interesting. This conversation has reminded me of an old Disney movie called Treasure Planet. There's a legend about a pirate who can raid a ship, and then disappear without a trace. The main character, Jim, joins on a crew looking for the Treasure Planet. They find it, and Jim comes to figure out that the pirate used a little transporter machine to disappear. Long story short, the treasure was protected by a self-destruct and they had to use the transporter to get out.

Now, an intelligent ship/island...I'm going to have to think about that. I can't relate it to anything I've seen/read besides the Labyrinth from the Percy Jackson book series. The more people that are in it, the more it will confuse you. You'll find more traps. Enemies will be more numerous. The maze itself will shift and change. But, if only a few people go in, then there is a better chance of making it out alive. You'll still run into obstacles, but there won't be as many.

Now here's my question: What happens when we finally complete Marco Pollo's Map, and find the Stormgate to El Dorado? Would the Stormgate be filled with danger? No Windlane, possibly? And El Dorado...assuming that it is an island, is it a pleasant place? Or is it filled with Undead and creatures far worse? There must be a Skyway around El Dorado. To me, I think it would be like Avernus. Perhaps El Dorado has a golden Skyway?
The intelligent island idea isn't original: I based my speculation on Marvel Comic's X - Men. One of their first adventures was defeating Krakatoa, the Living Island, The second source for an intelligent island/planet is from one of my favorite sci-fi writers; Andre Norton and her story The Powers that Be. Also referencing the computer HAL from the movie 2001: a Space Odyssey.

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
MistyDragon13 on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
But why would Marco Pollo have a map to El Dorito...I mean, El Dorado then? (Sorry, I'm hungry)

*gasp* WHAT IF:

1) Marco Pollo is still alive, and his tomb was fake?

2) Marco Pollo is for some odd reason, KANE?

Wait, wait, hold on. "the ability to create it's own stormgate to any skyway." Hmmm, interesting. This conversation has reminded me of an old Disney movie called Treasure Planet. There's a legend about a pirate who can raid a ship, and then disappear without a trace. The main character, Jim, joins on a crew looking for the Treasure Planet. They find it, and Jim comes to figure out that the pirate used a little transporter machine to disappear. Long story short, the treasure was protected by a self-destruct and they had to use the transporter to get out.

Now, an intelligent ship/island...I'm going to have to think about that. I can't relate it to anything I've seen/read besides the Labyrinth from the Percy Jackson book series. The more people that are in it, the more it will confuse you. You'll find more traps. Enemies will be more numerous. The maze itself will shift and change. But, if only a few people go in, then there is a better chance of making it out alive. You'll still run into obstacles, but there won't be as many.

Now here's my question: What happens when we finally complete Marco Pollo's Map, and find the Stormgate to El Dorado? Would the Stormgate be filled with danger? No Windlane, possibly? And El Dorado...assuming that it is an island, is it a pleasant place? Or is it filled with Undead and creatures far worse? There must be a Skyway around El Dorado. To me, I think it would be like Avernus. Perhaps El Dorado has a golden Skyway?
I don't know if you've played The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker (HD), but in it there was a ghost ship that seemed to move almost randomly. Somebody made a chart of that to predict where it will be at what times. So a map of El Dorado's location should it be a battleship isn't all that farfetched. I do think a golden Skyway would be cool. Here's another idea: maybe your parents aren't actually dead and they made it to El Dorado accidently or intentionaly, depending on how your parents "died". Then the final boss is against your parents! I thought that would be cool anyway.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
warriorscreed on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
A GOLDEN BATTLESHIP!?!? That would be EPIC. However, at the end of the storyline, you can't just hand away golden battleships as awards to everyone. That would be pretty intense but cool. But I do believe your theory is plausible. The island must be some sort of warship to float like that, given how that it is made out of EXTREMELY HEAVY solid gold, because if it wasn't a warship, it would SINK......BIG TIME. Maybe the Armada wants it because a warship of that size, armor, and caliber would be unstoppable!
Not to worry, the ship begins a self-destruct operation, giving us time to flee to our ships. Intelligent ship/island goes BOOM !! No ship to commandeer, and no ship for the Armada.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
anecorbie on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
The intelligent island idea isn't original: I based my speculation on Marvel Comic's X - Men. One of their first adventures was defeating Krakatoa, the Living Island, The second source for an intelligent island/planet is from one of my favorite sci-fi writers; Andre Norton and her story The Powers that Be. Also referencing the computer HAL from the movie 2001: a Space Odyssey.
And even earlier than those stories are a number of folk tales and legends of islands that aren't really islands, such as one of the mishaps of Sinbad the Sailor, when his crew lights a cookfire on an island that is really a gigantic (and now, highly annoyed) whale.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
FireMorgan13 on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
I don't know if you've played The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker (HD), but in it there was a ghost ship that seemed to move almost randomly. Somebody made a chart of that to predict where it will be at what times. So a map of El Dorado's location should it be a battleship isn't all that farfetched. I do think a golden Skyway would be cool. Here's another idea: maybe your parents aren't actually dead and they made it to El Dorado accidently or intentionaly, depending on how your parents "died". Then the final boss is against your parents! I thought that would be cool anyway.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
I can understand wanting our parents to be alive; it would be a nice plot twist. I can even see how it would work for most of the 'deaths' mentioned when we create our pirate, for example, being eaten by a skysquid - what if it wasn't a squid but a submarine that looked like one? 'Lost treasure hunting' or 'lost in a storm' are almost begging for parents returning from the dead. The only two deaths that don't work is 'blasted by the Armada', and the 'Mutiny' scenario.
But the major objections to this happening is #1 The Cave of Many Voices ( Valley of the Gold Monkey ) where the voice of our mother says"find our graves" and #2 in Aquila, when we do the quest 'The Temple Circuit' and Hades tells us "Two spirits shun the underworld ". So, I believe our parents are dead.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
FireMorgan13 on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
I don't know if you've played The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker (HD), but in it there was a ghost ship that seemed to move almost randomly. Somebody made a chart of that to predict where it will be at what times. So a map of El Dorado's location should it be a battleship isn't all that farfetched. I do think a golden Skyway would be cool. Here's another idea: maybe your parents aren't actually dead and they made it to El Dorado accidently or intentionaly, depending on how your parents "died". Then the final boss is against your parents! I thought that would be cool anyway.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
I'm a HUGE Legend of Zelda fan (I even bought the Hyrule Historia book for the 25th anniversary) but unfortunately I do not own a Wii U. (I plan on getting one for Christmas, though.) I have played Phantom Hourglass, which also had the randomly moving ghost ship. There was no map to it, though. You basically had to wander around for AGES trying to figure things out.

Your theory about battling your parents is interesting. While that would be an excellent plot twist, I think it would make more sense if their ghosts (since it's pretty obvious they're dead) aided you in the final boss battle with Kane. As for a magical map, that is probably true.

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
anecorbie on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
I can understand wanting our parents to be alive; it would be a nice plot twist. I can even see how it would work for most of the 'deaths' mentioned when we create our pirate, for example, being eaten by a skysquid - what if it wasn't a squid but a submarine that looked like one? 'Lost treasure hunting' or 'lost in a storm' are almost begging for parents returning from the dead. The only two deaths that don't work is 'blasted by the Armada', and the 'Mutiny' scenario.
But the major objections to this happening is #1 The Cave of Many Voices ( Valley of the Gold Monkey ) where the voice of our mother says"find our graves" and #2 in Aquila, when we do the quest 'The Temple Circuit' and Hades tells us "Two spirits shun the underworld ". So, I believe our parents are dead.
Well, let's think this through: Our parents were good pirates right? Wouldn't they have more than one ship like us? What's stopping them from jumping off the boat, unbottling another ship, and then sailing off somewhere else? Blasted by the Armada? They could have sent a decoy ship into the Armada's line of sight while they escape. The Cave of Many Voices, there easily could have been some magic crystal that records voices. Why they wouldn't tell you they're alive? They know that the Armada are after them, so they can't tell anybody they're alive or their existence could be reviled. "Two Spirits shun the underworld"? There could easily be two religious Monquistadors that try and stay out of the underworld. So really, it's entirely possible your parents are still alive.

Fearless DolanGrant lvl 65

Ensign
Jul 13, 2013
4
well i'm just saying this, i think KI should get rid of the "Best Chum" badge and take out Fin Dorsal from the crown shop (yet let everyone who bought him keep him, this wont give them another companion then) and after you beat Fin a forth time he'd surrender and ask to join your crew, and say something like: "Ya know pirate, even though we had our differences, I realized i've been on the wrong team, and i see you gave ratbeard a chance to prove himself so maybe you can do the same for me? What do ya say, pirate?" or something, and i think you'd find your parents graves, new companions, the final armada battle with Kane, and a forth fight with Fin (obviously)! so this could be cool to give all pirates Fin in El Dorado

Ensign
Jul 13, 2013
4
anecorbie on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
I can understand wanting our parents to be alive; it would be a nice plot twist. I can even see how it would work for most of the 'deaths' mentioned when we create our pirate, for example, being eaten by a skysquid - what if it wasn't a squid but a submarine that looked like one? 'Lost treasure hunting' or 'lost in a storm' are almost begging for parents returning from the dead. The only two deaths that don't work is 'blasted by the Armada', and the 'Mutiny' scenario.
But the major objections to this happening is #1 The Cave of Many Voices ( Valley of the Gold Monkey ) where the voice of our mother says"find our graves" and #2 in Aquila, when we do the quest 'The Temple Circuit' and Hades tells us "Two spirits shun the underworld ". So, I believe our parents are dead.
Thank you, i was wondering if i was the only one that listened to the magic crystals in the Valley of the Gold Monkey, and Hades? sweet, not been able to find that side quest though, so anyways i do agree with ya, our folks are dead, i was thinking that how Gandry said "Maybe their not dead, they could be trapped in a dungeon somewhere" or the "Lost Treasure Hunting" one, they could be at El Dorado ... and dont forget that picture that showed all the people friends with Marco Pollo, including your mother, so that could be a clue how they became friends, just thinking aloud!

Just me: Dead-Eye Nicholas Ashburn, look for me if ye will

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
dialga007 on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Thank you, i was wondering if i was the only one that listened to the magic crystals in the Valley of the Gold Monkey, and Hades? sweet, not been able to find that side quest though, so anyways i do agree with ya, our folks are dead, i was thinking that how Gandry said "Maybe their not dead, they could be trapped in a dungeon somewhere" or the "Lost Treasure Hunting" one, they could be at El Dorado ... and dont forget that picture that showed all the people friends with Marco Pollo, including your mother, so that could be a clue how they became friends, just thinking aloud!

Just me: Dead-Eye Nicholas Ashburn, look for me if ye will
The "Temple Circuit" side quest is available after you defeat Scylla ( I think ) from an Eagle in the High Temple of Nova Aquila ( sorry I can't remember his name ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
FireMorgan13 on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Well, let's think this through: Our parents were good pirates right? Wouldn't they have more than one ship like us? What's stopping them from jumping off the boat, unbottling another ship, and then sailing off somewhere else? Blasted by the Armada? They could have sent a decoy ship into the Armada's line of sight while they escape. The Cave of Many Voices, there easily could have been some magic crystal that records voices. Why they wouldn't tell you they're alive? They know that the Armada are after them, so they can't tell anybody they're alive or their existence could be reviled. "Two Spirits shun the underworld"? There could easily be two religious Monquistadors that try and stay out of the underworld. So really, it's entirely possible your parents are still alive.

Fearless DolanGrant lvl 65
It would be a good plot twist, we agree there. The objection I have to the Mutiny and Blasted by the Armada scenarios is the problem of witnesses.
What's to stop them un-bottling a ship? Well being surrounded and out-gunned by the Armada for one and being captured and thrown over-board for the other. Another thought I have in opposition to this twist is this - what do we do with our parents after we are reunited with them?
A feel good - happy ending? Won't they want to stop us from being pirates? Being good parents, won't they try to order our lives? How long before we begin to resent their interference?

* post edit * while it is true that many spirits could be shunning the Underworld for various reasons; why in hades would Hades feel compelled to mention those to us? Our Presidio companion even mentions that 'those are your parents'. Dead Mike makes a comment like 'that makes three of us'.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
anecorbie on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
I can understand wanting our parents to be alive; it would be a nice plot twist. I can even see how it would work for most of the 'deaths' mentioned when we create our pirate, for example, being eaten by a skysquid - what if it wasn't a squid but a submarine that looked like one? 'Lost treasure hunting' or 'lost in a storm' are almost begging for parents returning from the dead. The only two deaths that don't work is 'blasted by the Armada', and the 'Mutiny' scenario.
But the major objections to this happening is #1 The Cave of Many Voices ( Valley of the Gold Monkey ) where the voice of our mother says"find our graves" and #2 in Aquila, when we do the quest 'The Temple Circuit' and Hades tells us "Two spirits shun the underworld ". So, I believe our parents are dead.
Think for a moment about 'two spirits shun the underworld.' Normally, Hades would've said two spirits have spoken through the underworld, or something along those lines, but shun? Well, that could only mean that they ignore the rest of the underworld, or pretend they aren't there... so what if they aren't there? I mean, yes, the graves thing, but they could have not really been buried. Not that I expect they'll be alive, but when we find them I doubt they'll simply be dead. Stuff gets complicated, you know.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
586
Hmmm, still could be anything I guess

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
324
on the subject of what el dorado could BE, rather than an island or a ship, possibly a creature? we have seen jonah town in SK, and Maruzame in Mooshu. far-fetched perhaps . . . but ye never know, ya know?

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
148
I think it is a whole world of gold and we fight Kane there, to be honest I've imagined how Pirate101 would end. You destroy Kane and get to see your parents and they say how proud they are of you.

1