Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What Do You Like The MOST About This Game?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
Ahoy, fellow pirates! I know there are SO many things that players definitely love about this great game! Let's share our favorite things about Pirate101.

Here are mine:

1. The storyline in general. (Great work, Blind Mew, and other writers.)

2. The silly puns, and Easter Eggs. (Once again, great work!)

3. Whenever our companions have conversations with each other, or A.K.A "Companion Chatter." (I love when Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne start bickering with each other.)

4. Monquista, Cool Ranch, and Marleybone. (These are my favorite worlds!)

5. The new "Valencian Steed" mount. (It's just so cool!)

6.The cool graphics and animations. (Traveling through stormgates are just breath-taking.)

7. The randomly generated names in ships/mobs, and silly player-picked name combos.

8. The game's concept art.

9. Awesome memories made of this game.

10. And finally last, but not least, reading these message boards!

Okay, it's a lot, but at least I made my point! Go ahead and post about your favorite things about Pirate101!

Lvl 65

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Faithful Caitlin, you have already an excellent list describing what we love about Pirate101! But, here's a few more:

1) The story. It is just so good (!) and well told. (Yes, I know you had this as #1, but I just felt the need to say it again )

2) The 'Age of Pirates' setting. I just adore that historical-fantasy feel to the game and the story. And that also relates to --

3) The clothes. I love having a character wearing 18th C. (or 17th C., for that matter)-inspired clothes. And it seems that we are going to be having more girl-style fashions (I think?), which is going to make it even better. And on the same topic, I truly enjoy the period feel of the houses available, especially loving the Swashbuckler and Privateer houses (the little side houses of the Privateer estate very much put me in mind of the historic house where I volunteer, which I am exceedingly fond of in real life)

4) The combat. It is so interesting! I very much like setting up my strategy, thinking on my feet, and coming up with numerous ways to take on my adversaries. But in addition to this, the combat is beautiful! People act in different ways, have a number of animations that make each battle completely unique, and really dramatic criticals! Plus, the enemy is often wearing gorgeous clothes (a perennial distraction of mine )

5)Oh, add to that the ship animations & combat too! Those things really add splendidly to the 'realistic' feeling of the game.

5) I would add to your comment, Caitlin, about the fun Easter Eggs and say I find the literary and poetic references entirely delightful -- and sometimes they make me laugh with great glee!

Then I would want to praise the wonderful artwork and settings that make Pirate101 such a beautiful game, and the music that enhances each place and encounter... but I am running out of room, and Caitlin, you have already said it well!

Ensign
Apr 30, 2011
I love being able to go solo or going in groups of fun players who make it easier getting through and are not rude. i also love the culture references and story.

lvl 65

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Faithful Caitlin S... on Jun 4, 2016 wrote:
Ahoy, fellow pirates! I know there are SO many things that players definitely love about this great game! Let's share our favorite things about Pirate101.

Here are mine:

1. The storyline in general. (Great work, Blind Mew, and other writers.)

2. The silly puns, and Easter Eggs. (Once again, great work!)

3. Whenever our companions have conversations with each other, or A.K.A "Companion Chatter." (I love when Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne start bickering with each other.)

4. Monquista, Cool Ranch, and Marleybone. (These are my favorite worlds!)

5. The new "Valencian Steed" mount. (It's just so cool!)

6.The cool graphics and animations. (Traveling through stormgates are just breath-taking.)

7. The randomly generated names in ships/mobs, and silly player-picked name combos.

8. The game's concept art.

9. Awesome memories made of this game.

10. And finally last, but not least, reading these message boards!

Okay, it's a lot, but at least I made my point! Go ahead and post about your favorite things about Pirate101!

Lvl 65
It's probably the adventurous aspect of this game and finding all the different factions from the Holy Monquisition to the pack of Vuluture Raiders in the spiral

I always wish I could be an adventurer of sorts and make a name for myself like I do in this game so that's what this game is for to me, altough I have had other great times with it like enjoying the references and so on so this game sort of fills a void that I couldn't ever fill in my life

This one went quite deep, can't wait to see your responses

Ensign
Apr 10, 2013
I'll parrot (pun intended) what others have said and say that the story is possibly the thing I like most about this game. I figured Pirate101 would be a fun little game that I could play with my casual-gaming wife and occasionally with my daughter. As someone who values story and setting above just about anything else in a game, I came into Pirate101 with a fairly resigned attitude that I'd just sort of put up with this kids' game and what I assumed would be Saturday-morning-cartoon-level story as a way to spend some time with my family.

Against all odds (in my then-perspective), I was hooked on the primary storyline pretty much from the beginning. The clockwork armada thing was intriguing, and I wanted to learn more about that. As the story went on, I just got more and more into it. Visiting Valencia for the first time and seeing the Armada grinding up islands and such was a huge moment, as was arriving in Marleybone to find a full-fledged war on. Holy cow! I'd rarely had feels like those playing games that are supposed to be really adult and serious. I found myself spending hours reading all the "Blind Mew's Musings" threads here on the boards, just to get my fix as I waited for more story content to come out.

So yeah, I'm a huge fan of the story and the setting, despite all the anthropomorphic animals and general kiddie style of the game. I do admit I enjoy fantastical art style over realism.

I also have to give a huge shout-out to the voice actors. I'm blown away by the voice acting quality in this "kids' game" which far exceeds even most games aimed at older audiences. I really hope someone can pass my praise on to them, because this goes a long way to making the feel of the game great when it could be really corny or just downright bad. They've done an incredible job. El Toro constantly gets a laugh out of me, and my daughter and I love to annoy my wife by imitating him. I find Catbeard immensely entertaining to listen to. Heck - they're all amazing.

Ensign
Apr 07, 2011
1. The story-line

2. The Worlds

3. The Characters

4. The Companions

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Yeah, yeah, story is fascinating and more appealing to me than Wizard101's, but I can honestly say that my absolute favorite thing about Pirate101 is the combat style. I hate the sigil fights in Wizard; having a grid to run around on and being able to smack the snot out of an enemy with a sword is fantastic, not to mention the fact that having companions on your side makes the fights more dynamic and a heck of a lot more enjoyable to solo!

Ensign
Oct 19, 2012
Ahoy!
Without a doubt I love this game because of the companions. If I didn't have these unique, fun, interesting companions, I would not know what to do! I love seeing their promotions, especially Kobe Yojimbo's "Ronin" to "Samoorai" promotion. HE LOOKS SO DANG COOL! I also love how creative KI was by changing historical figures into HILARIOUS figures.
lvl 65
lvl 65
lvl 12

Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
HOI!

Me? I like the turtles on the Isle of Doom!

Erin 65
Molly West 40
Caroline Nightangale 20

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I like the story line well made, and was a fun time adventuring the spiral. It was a fun and challenging game, such worlds as per nerfed Cool Ranch, Moo Shu, Moo Manchu tower, Ranked pvp matches, Aquila and Valencia 2 ( currently in the test relem ).

I also like the pets some are cute like orchid chameleon, some are awesome like hammerhead shark. I got a lot of ebony specters in my pirates back pack,unfortunately not a single fire toad. I recently got a heck kitty,from a friend by morphing.

I like the mounts too like the hammerhead shark, the majestic steed ( the robot horse ), the Pegasus, the classic griffin and the parrot mount ( it's a rental ) . Hmm maybe a sphinx mount someday.

Have I mention companions powerful ones like Bonnie Anne, Hawkules, Goronado, El Toro, Kan Po, Sudabi, Baar, Kobe and Contessa. These are some great companions to ever hired, now if I can get my very own ninja pig...hmm.

That's what I like about pirates, in my opinion.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
I love to get annihilated by triple absorbed Nausica's in pvp :D