Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What?!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Today I was browsing YouTube for Pirate videos, and I was checking out the starter companions' and presidio companions' promos. Well, I noticed that Lucky Jack, Birgus Latro, and Gaspard deVole have the same second promotion, and Wing Chun, Egg Shen, and Kan Po have the same first promotions. What is this madness?!

Eagilles: But this... IS.... AQUILAAAAA!

Quiet you! But still... Madness! Why the same? -sips tea-

Ciao!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Today I was browsing YouTube for Pirate videos, and I was checking out the starter companions' and presidio companions' promos. Well, I noticed that Lucky Jack, Birgus Latro, and Gaspard deVole have the same second promotion, and Wing Chun, Egg Shen, and Kan Po have the same first promotions. What is this madness?!

Ciao!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
I asked this in story thread 2, because the case is the same with the magnificent 7 promotions. Blind mew says that they do it to either save time, or if its not in the budget to make three or four separate promotion quests.

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
hmmhmm good point only kobe and subodai have different promos same with there last promo somethings fishy

kan po:hey egg and chung you are crazy
right kan Po why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! El Toro this is riduiciouls

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
They may have the same upgrades, but (from what I know so far) have different quests, classes, specials, clothes, and types of animals... Plus they all look cool. It's interesting to see the different versions of an almost equal companion.
(BTW it's also pretty hard [yet awesome] to come up with some of these... I've tried and it's hard so nice job by the writers on all the promo quests I have gone through... I'm loving 'em)
So they are similar, but have a different style/personality with each one of them.

I hope that makes sense...

Brass Leo Hornigold - Level 43 Swashbuckler

I like Iguanas!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:

Ciao!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
I never knew I have Subodi and dead mike in dead mikes second promotion we treat him like a piece of meat and try to preserve him ( being smoked and salted )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Same basic skills are needed for a firm foundation before specialties can be learned. One wise master can grow many young students into apprentices so they can strive for their separate masterhood?

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
I think Blind Mew stated something about it being easier to do the same quest but just writing different lines for them. I think he also said something about making/using less areas and something else. I remember seeing it, but I don't remember exactly what he said, but it's something under the lines of this. ^^

~Quick Pearl

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Griffen Deverux on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
I never knew I have Subodi and dead mike in dead mikes second promotion we treat him like a piece of meat and try to preserve him ( being smoked and salted )
Sorry, the idea of Mike acting like meat makes me laugh.