Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

w101 take place before p101

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2013
so i was watching a youtuber i cant say because well.. you can only post links that are allowed but this video was a wizard101 video even though i am not huge fan of wizard101 my self and i think pirate101 is better in every way this video was the box event(it is related to doctor who ki i know i what your stuff is based on)sry just i had to point it out but anyway in one of the place there is pirate101 so i guess it must take place i guess a few days before pirate101 even starts so this leave a lot more questions then awnsers like what happen in between like how did we get captured and how did are parents ship survived and does wizards exsits there has also been 2 other hints that wizard101 at the end takes place almost right before p101 and if i am correct there should be a way in monquista because that where one of the box events take place in monquista with booch beard and gandary/gandolf(wait what)and also witchdoctor class would = wizards and if you guessed this class is more like death that means that there would be 5 more versions of witchdoctors and that are fire teacher falmea is a witchdoctor in pirate101 and she would be a fire like version of it and that would also mean that its possable to meet/fight wizards in pirate101 and in the box event you would go to skull island and you encounter a shark in there is a room so maybe a HIDDEN room or the tavern where you meet your companions and also us the wizard in wiz101 is possabley friends with avery woah pirate101 and wizard101 has a lot more lore then what it looks like and ps plz tell what you think what happend in between the 2 games

dead-eye tim lvl 65

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
I can disprove this in 2 words and an apostrophe. Mooshu's emperor. P101's emp is sleeping soundly when we show up, and when we (finally) leave. W101's emp is sleeping at the start and wakes up at the end. Also, pirate shows Malistare making the emperor fall into his deep sleep.
Really hoping I get Phule's mask soon,
Matthew

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
HoodooNerd on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
I can disprove this in 2 words and an apostrophe. Mooshu's emperor. P101's emp is sleeping soundly when we show up, and when we (finally) leave. W101's emp is sleeping at the start and wakes up at the end. Also, pirate shows Malistare making the emperor fall into his deep sleep.
Really hoping I get Phule's mask soon,
Matthew
Yup, Pirate101 and Wizard101 take place at roughly the same time. Sometimes the pirates will arrive a world first, such as with Mooshu, and sometimes the wizards are a little bit ahead, such as with Gracie Conrad have returned from Celestia to help with the Marleybonian war effort.

While a wizard can simply walk through a doorway to instantly jump from one side of the Spiral to the other, we pirates have to take the long way 'round and sail across the Spiral.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
CdeWinter on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
Yup, Pirate101 and Wizard101 take place at roughly the same time. Sometimes the pirates will arrive a world first, such as with Mooshu, and sometimes the wizards are a little bit ahead, such as with Gracie Conrad have returned from Celestia to help with the Marleybonian war effort.

While a wizard can simply walk through a doorway to instantly jump from one side of the Spiral to the other, we pirates have to take the long way 'round and sail across the Spiral.
Actually, Grace Conrad is in Celestia, the different one that has nothing to do with the Gracie Conrad we know in P101. I highly doubt they may be one and the same, 'cause they would have different middle names in them.

Plus, it would also be a major timeline error between the games, one that may need resolving. How would she be with the Spiral Geographic Society's Celestian Expedition & keep aiding her kind in winning the war against the Clockwork Armada?

Clearly, the Grace Conrad in W101's Celestia may need a name change, to make her more separate from P101's Gracie Conrad.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
Actually, Grace Conrad is in Celestia, the different one that has nothing to do with the Gracie Conrad we know in P101. I highly doubt they may be one and the same, 'cause they would have different middle names in them.

Plus, it would also be a major timeline error between the games, one that may need resolving. How would she be with the Spiral Geographic Society's Celestian Expedition & keep aiding her kind in winning the war against the Clockwork Armada?

Clearly, the Grace Conrad in W101's Celestia may need a name change, to make her more separate from P101's Gracie Conrad.
Yea Trimond is right the one is celestia is not Gracie plus her fur color is different and yes I know dogs can have different color fur and still be related but she still might not be unless we learn more about either we are kinda in the dark but hey at least she has a name close to a very cool dog companion

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:

Although Blind Mew had confirmed that the Grace Conrad in Celestia ( in one of his Blind Mew's Musings ) and our Gracie Conrad are one and the same, I agree with you that Grace and Gracie are obviously different Dogs of the same family.
It's not confusing if you think about it, many families often wish to honor a relative by using their name for a new born; in my own family, my father was named John after his father and his family called him "Jack". ( He also got a handful of grandsons with John as a middle name. )
So Grace and Gracie were named after an ancestor and to avoid confusion use alternative versions of the same name.
Plus, the Grace Conrad of Celestia has a completely different appearance than our Gracie ( I think ours is cuter, eh? )

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
Although Blind Mew had confirmed that the Grace Conrad in Celestia ( in one of his Blind Mew's Musings ) and our Gracie Conrad are one and the same, I agree with you that Grace and Gracie are obviously different Dogs of the same family.
It's not confusing if you think about it, many families often wish to honor a relative by using their name for a new born; in my own family, my father was named John after his father and his family called him "Jack". ( He also got a handful of grandsons with John as a middle name. )
So Grace and Gracie were named after an ancestor and to avoid confusion use alternative versions of the same name.
Plus, the Grace Conrad of Celestia has a completely different appearance than our Gracie ( I think ours is cuter, eh? )
Mew did state that they're the same person (dog?) but the appearance thing really is confusing. I think there was some speculation to the point that she could have dyed her fur or something.

As for Wiz101's story taking place completely before Pirate's, that's not exactly true. W101's story takes you from Marleybone to MooShu, and opposite in P101; we go to MooShu while the Wizard is in Marleybone. I think our journey in Subata Skyway takes place at the same time as the beginning and middle stages of the Wizard's tasks in MooShu, because the emperor is still asleep when we leave. I'd have to play through Wizard101 Marleybone again to see if there are any references to a war brewing or starting, though I doubt it as it was released several years before our version. It's possible to take the increased criminal activity in W101 Marleybone as a sign of rising hostilities between factions/guilds in response to the tension between worlds (MB & VL). There's also the fact that the Wizard is responsible for jailing Meowiarty, and who appears in the Glass House? The sphinx himself, which certainly proves that the Wizard traveled through MB not too long before the Pirate did, and we'd have had to be in MooShu while they were there.

I think it'd be interesting to see an official timeline detailing things in a similar manner to the one that came out for the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda. It wouldn't be super-detailed, but it would include approximate placement of the two games' major story points in relation to each other, plus the lore of the Spiral and perhaps each of the worlds set in the beginning as well.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I'm not sure about time placement but I can say that wizard city is in the spiral map so it's probably just a split timeline.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
No. First of all, the settings in which P101 and W101 take place in are all in different time periods, so it really doesn't add up.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Apr 8, 2016 wrote:
Mew did state that they're the same person (dog?) but the appearance thing really is confusing. I think there was some speculation to the point that she could have dyed her fur or something.

As for Wiz101's story taking place completely before Pirate's, that's not exactly true. W101's story takes you from Marleybone to MooShu, and opposite in P101; we go to MooShu while the Wizard is in Marleybone. I think our journey in Subata Skyway takes place at the same time as the beginning and middle stages of the Wizard's tasks in MooShu, because the emperor is still asleep when we leave. I'd have to play through Wizard101 Marleybone again to see if there are any references to a war brewing or starting, though I doubt it as it was released several years before our version. It's possible to take the increased criminal activity in W101 Marleybone as a sign of rising hostilities between factions/guilds in response to the tension between worlds (MB & VL). There's also the fact that the Wizard is responsible for jailing Meowiarty, and who appears in the Glass House? The sphinx himself, which certainly proves that the Wizard traveled through MB not too long before the Pirate did, and we'd have had to be in MooShu while they were there.

I think it'd be interesting to see an official timeline detailing things in a similar manner to the one that came out for the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda. It wouldn't be super-detailed, but it would include approximate placement of the two games' major story points in relation to each other, plus the lore of the Spiral and perhaps each of the worlds set in the beginning as well.
Let me state some things here...

1. Since Malistaire attacked Newgate to spring Meowiarty to help him steal the Krokonomicon in his one chance to revive Sylvia, the criminals that were locked up escaped, & it took many dogs in their city to try and round them up again. However, since they don't want the same thing occurring again once Wizards took him down in Big Ben, they transported him to the Glass House Prison, where the more serious & experienced prison guards keep a sharp eye on them.

2. The consequences on MooShu's Emperor Yoshihito occurred shortly as Malistaire stole the Krokonomicon, as his battle with them ended in using his necromantic magic to strike his Mind, Body, & Spirit, thereby unleashing the long dormant evil creatures that represent essences about War, Plague, & Death, even the Jade Oni took the Emperor's sleeping body, while sleeping as all that went on, to cause chaos & destruction. That also spreads more evil beyond MooShu's Imperial Skyway, like the rampaging criminals & warlords that were terrorizing MooShu's Skyways since he was cursed with his magic, including the Skyways Pirates venture in & sort out.

Evil spreads to many corners in the Spiral, & even Wizards cannot tackle each one alone. Someone else has to take the other evil threats down while they're doing it in the same places they have to stop evil in.

Many events may intertwine to one another, yet they have origin points that lead to said events. Just know that certain events that are mentioned only take place in said games' place that occurs, & the others' events may have impacts to other corners in the Spiral beyond the Wizards & Pirates' perspectives & may or may not know it.

A grand timeline to keep track with the Spiral's events in both games & beyond would be nice to see. Maybe one day.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
No. First of all, the settings in which P101 and W101 take place in are all in different time periods, so it really doesn't add up.
I don't think that's quite true. I say don't look at each world being in its own time period, but instead view each world as having a different level of technological advancement. Different levels of technology can easily exist in different places withing the same time period. It occurs in a smaller scale in real life with different countries having access to different levels of technology.

In the real world, depending on a country's wealth, influence, and stability, it can have high end advanced technology, or it can have very limited technology. These differences can even exist within a single country. People living in large cities may have full amenities such as modern stoves, while people living in small poor villages still cook all meals on open fires or in clay ovens. For example, here in Canada, in the southern populated areas, technology is on the same scale as anywhere in the US. But travel to the remote communities in Canada's north, and good luck finding any internet or cell phone signal.

In the Spiral, the differences in levels of technology could be due to differences in wealth, culture, distance and difficulty of travel or (since it's the Spiral) level of magic used/available. Take note, Marleybone, Cool Ranch and Valencia are the currently most advanced worlds in regards to science and engineering, with probably Monquista not too far behind. These worlds, Marleybone and Valencia also have a rather strong disregard (or hatred) of magic. Unlike Mooshu or mostly medieval Wizard City/Avalon which have very strong ties to magic.

So, perhaps higher magic influence reduces the need for technological advancement, resulting in a world's culture that appears to be in an earlier time period. Why build a car or train, when you can magically teleport?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I compliment both of you, CDeWinter and Trimond, for trying to clear up the confusing "inconsistences" caught by players of both Wizard101 & Pirate101
On the subject of the ailing Emperor of MooShu; Players have to remember that although a heroic wizard has freed him from his curse, it takes a while for news to travel from the center of the empire to the outer provinces ( proof that we're far away from the Jade Palace can be seen in the sky itself - in W101 the sky is at noon, in P101 the sky in MooShu is at dawn. ).
Also, the Emperor may have to take time to rally his health, because you don't just bounce back from a curse like that in a mere hour!
So, when we reach Marleybone it is just after the wizard visits and defeats Meoiarty ( and he's transferred to the maximum security prison of the Glass House. ) The war with Marleybone hasn't yet made an impact on the center of government - beyond the Queen issuing 2 emergency decrees. This may still be seen as a minor skirmish in MB.
When we're in MooShu, we can assume that the Emperor has been cured, but news has not yet traveled to those parts where our pirate is "helping".
At the end of the Aquila storyline, we fine out that Sherlock Bones is "still dealing with the fall out of the Krokonomicon affair" and therefore isn't available to translate the code on the clockwork birds. Obviously, there are many reprecussions to this theft.
And players must take into consideration that W101's storyline is now 6 - 7 years old and is well established, trying to fit us in may be a bit jarring.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Time is fluid in the Spiral. Using Zeke as an example... sail your ship to Cool Ranch and there's Zeke. Teleport back to Skull Island and - boom - there's Zeke. Log off P101, log on W101, go to Khrysalis... there's Zeke! Port back to Wizard City and, viola, Zeke again. Anywhere you can find Zeke you'll ALWAYS find Zeke. Rinse and repeat. Everything that has happened or will happen in Wizards either has happened or will happen in Pirates. And vice versa.
Or perhaps Zeke is the key to Time in the Spiral. As such it would make him the most powerful being in the Spiral and maybe after all this time ol' Zeke has been pullin' the wool over our eyes! I think he's quietly assembling an army of musician replicants to release upon an unsuspecting Spiral. Hordes of Beetles, Lounge Lizards, Dixie Chicks and - Bartleby save us - Vanilla Ices advancing across the Spiral like army ants devouring everything in their path...
Whoa, sorry, got carried away there...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
TucsonWizard on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
Time is fluid in the Spiral. Using Zeke as an example... sail your ship to Cool Ranch and there's Zeke. Teleport back to Skull Island and - boom - there's Zeke. Log off P101, log on W101, go to Khrysalis... there's Zeke! Port back to Wizard City and, viola, Zeke again. Anywhere you can find Zeke you'll ALWAYS find Zeke. Rinse and repeat. Everything that has happened or will happen in Wizards either has happened or will happen in Pirates. And vice versa.
Or perhaps Zeke is the key to Time in the Spiral. As such it would make him the most powerful being in the Spiral and maybe after all this time ol' Zeke has been pullin' the wool over our eyes! I think he's quietly assembling an army of musician replicants to release upon an unsuspecting Spiral. Hordes of Beetles, Lounge Lizards, Dixie Chicks and - Bartleby save us - Vanilla Ices advancing across the Spiral like army ants devouring everything in their path...
Whoa, sorry, got carried away there...
I think that most of the differences between timings in Wizard101 and Pirate101 can be explained by the difference in travel methods, Spiral Doors vs Sky Ships.

However, I have long suspected that there is much much more to Zeke than anybody knows. I'm not quite sure just what Zeke is, but he is more than just a traveling prospector, that I'm sure of.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
When you first go to bestia in pirate101 , the puppet show there says that an aquilan watched wizards train their pets and made the pet training better when he came back to bestia. Also a dog in cool ranch accidentally calls you a wizard, apologizes, and blames it on OLD habits. I'm just saying it wouldn't be too far off for wizard101 to be before pirate101 but of course there are always inconsistencies. Really this argument is like the one about where the Simpsons' Springfield is.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Apr 13, 2016 wrote:
When you first go to bestia in pirate101 , the puppet show there says that an aquilan watched wizards train their pets and made the pet training better when he came back to bestia. Also a dog in cool ranch accidentally calls you a wizard, apologizes, and blames it on OLD habits. I'm just saying it wouldn't be too far off for wizard101 to be before pirate101 but of course there are always inconsistencies. Really this argument is like the one about where the Simpsons' Springfield is.
That was Aquilus, an ancient hero responsible for trapping the Minotaur. He was ages ago in Spiral time. P101 is running concurrently with W101, with a small difference in time. W101 is only slightly ahead.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
CdeWinter on Apr 13, 2016 wrote:
I think that most of the differences between timings in Wizard101 and Pirate101 can be explained by the difference in travel methods, Spiral Doors vs Sky Ships.

However, I have long suspected that there is much much more to Zeke than anybody knows. I'm not quite sure just what Zeke is, but he is more than just a traveling prospector, that I'm sure of.
Maybe he's a being akin to Father Time. He can't be just a mere traveler, what with everything he knows and hints at. If I recall correctly, after turning in every quest he gives, he says something along the lines of, "I'm sure I'll be seeing you around." Maybe that could be taken as a hint to the fact that he knows what's going to happen, because he's seen it? Or, and this occurred to me as I type, could he be linked to Bartleby somehow, which would explain why he is in every world?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Pirate101 fan on Apr 13, 2016 wrote:
FilmTheory MatPat's branch off of GameTheory, confirmed the location of The Simpsons

In my opinion there are inconsistencies because of Wizard being the older game but the intention is that Wizards storyline is first to ours