Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Valkoor's 3k Yar Celebration Party Re-Cap

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Message Board Marauders celebrated our love for Valkoor and his three thousand plus yar accomplishment with typical style. We started out at Blood Shoals and the Marauders actually maxed out the island. Who knew there was a limit of players for there? We moved to Valkoor's house so the arriving Marauders could actually join the party. We all enjoyed the massive statuary collection and beautiful gardens at Valkoor's Privateer estates. We spent some wonderful time in the morphing tent as Valkoor has some amazingly powerful and high pedigreed pets that he was sharing morphs with any party goer who had the gold.
We then went to Jack Nightingale's (Sparticus 32) Privateer Chicken Hotel. Yes the famous chicken collection has been moved to swankier quarters and we all had fun as we explored the grounds and discovered where all the chickens where hiding. Of course there was some levitating involved.
Than back to more morphing, so much so that I temporarily dubbed us the Morphing Tent Marauders (Just for the night, once Message Board Marauders, always Message Board Marauders). Then some serious chest hunting went on to replace the gold purses that had been emptied by the hard dealing Alhazred.
One by one the happy pirates and their new but powerful hatchlings drifted off towards home. We gave Valkoor some good natured teasing (Calling him a greenhorn due to his green Mooshu outfit complete with horns) and showed him a lot of love and caring Marauder style.
Here is a link to the pictures I took. Please post links to your pictures and tell your stories so we can all enjoy each other's experiences.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
The Message Board Marauders celebrated our love for Valkoor and his three thousand plus yar accomplishment with typical style. We started out at Blood Shoals and the Marauders actually maxed out the island. Who knew there was a limit of players for there? We moved to Valkoor's house so the arriving Marauders could actually join the party. We all enjoyed the massive statuary collection and beautiful gardens at Valkoor's Privateer estates. We spent some wonderful time in the morphing tent as Valkoor has some amazingly powerful and high pedigreed pets that he was sharing morphs with any party goer who had the gold.
We then went to Jack Nightingale's (Sparticus 32) Privateer Chicken Hotel. Yes the famous chicken collection has been moved to swankier quarters and we all had fun as we explored the grounds and discovered where all the chickens where hiding. Of course there was some levitating involved.
Than back to more morphing, so much so that I temporarily dubbed us the Morphing Tent Marauders (Just for the night, once Message Board Marauders, always Message Board Marauders). Then some serious chest hunting went on to replace the gold purses that had been emptied by the hard dealing Alhazred.
One by one the happy pirates and their new but powerful hatchlings drifted off towards home. We gave Valkoor some good natured teasing (Calling him a greenhorn due to his green Mooshu outfit complete with horns) and showed him a lot of love and caring Marauder style.
Here is a link to the pictures I took. Please post links to your pictures and tell your stories so we can all enjoy each other's experiences.
I would absolutely like to thank each marauder that came to party with little ol' me. So...I will thank you all- in order of appearance on Valkoor's friend list:

Fair Christina Strong, Perilous Paige, Dead-Eye Jack Morgan, Esperanza Devereaux (& Bess), Noble Felix Yellowfish, Misty Jackson, Jack Nightingale, Loyal Sam Underhill, Scarlet Carter, Dreaming Ivy Nightingale, Virtuous Anne Radcliffe (& Diligent Anneke), Friendly Blaze Scupper, Virtuous Dante Ramsey, and Clumsy Calamity.

I thank you all for taking the time to show up & engage in some great Spiral fun & conversation. It was a real scatterblast & I had a ton of fun morphing, as we talked about anything & everything under the tent. It was very rewarding seeing some of you guys & gals get pets you were looking for. Anne got the Not so Great White Shark she was hoping for. Jack Nightingale was able to get the Mini-Minotaur. And Jack Morgan, we'll keep trying to get you that Coral Widow spider- next time for sure. Dante was able to get a nice high pedigree pet that will become a fine addition to his beastly critters. Chrissy, whenever you are set on gold, we'll surely hit the tent & get to morphing.

I had a great time showing everyone my statuary & privy home. Unfortunately a piratin' thief was in or midst, as many pieces of silverware (particularly spoons) turned up missing-- Sam, I do hope that soup was good & you at least received decent gold! Paige laid claim to much of my décor & now I feel my home almost belongs to her, with all of the "MINE" tags being placed on so many items. ALL of my pets really enjoyed the great company the marauding horde bestowed upon them & welcome them all back, anytime.

Jack, your surprise was very nice & you had us all seeing chickens everywhere we looked. I think I even fell asleep last night counting chickens! What an impressive Marleybone Fortress. Chrissy....Sir Scratchums Waddlesworth....simply quacked me up (ooh, I guess chickens don't quack). And Esperanza, it was nice floating alongside you, as Jack pulled the crow's nest right from beneath us. Your Pegasus & my Turtle mount never looked happier as they took full flight. Hopefully I can see your Pantheon next time. Misty, congratulations on becoming a new home owner & thank you for the tour of your lovely estates-- just keep me away from the sacrificial altar next time. It was very nice to meet your friend Ivy as well.

Felix showed his excitement as he ran circles around new comers. And Felix it is so great to actually be able to text chat you now even though we have to whisper. I thank you so much for coming-- I now it was terribly late for you. Carter, it was so nice to finally meet you & I am happy to have another wonderful marauder added to my friend list. And Chrissy thank you for taking all of the wonderful screenshots and posting the events of the fun night on Central. I have a few pics as well and will get them uploaded shortly.

Again, a big, huge THANKS to everyone!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
It was quite the shindig if I say, I had fun and thank ye Valkoor for the pet it means a lot to me, me friend so thank ye and I can't wait for the next get to together yar.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
Awww shucks! I feel so bad that I couldn't come, I was doing an essay for my dastardly English class. Sorry guys!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Spoons? I have no idea what you're talking about. By the way if an auctioneer / appraiser show up at your estate, just let them poke around for a bit if you don't mind. Thanks!

P.S. What's the name of your dinnerware pattern?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
Spoons? I have no idea what you're talking about. By the way if an auctioneer / appraiser show up at your estate, just let them poke around for a bit if you don't mind. Thanks!

P.S. What's the name of your dinnerware pattern?
"What's the name of your dinnerware pattern?"

Sam, I'm not 100% positive, as Milo usually does the shopping for anything involving food, but I do believe the pattern is called....

"Toasted Cheese & Squiggles"

-- made by Brigand Ornate Bake-wares, packaged by Rapscallion Involved Parcels and shipped by Scoundrel Overnight Segways....but I'll have to double check with Milo!

Community Leader
"Paige laid claim to much of my décor & now I feel my home almost belongs to her, with all of the "MINE" tags being placed on so many items."

Mine, Mine ;) Oh and who is laying claim to my dinnerware? That's mine too, already laid claim or did you not see the name tag

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Paige MoonShade on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
"Paige laid claim to much of my décor & now I feel my home almost belongs to her, with all of the "MINE" tags being placed on so many items."

Mine, Mine ;) Oh and who is laying claim to my dinnerware? That's mine too, already laid claim or did you not see the name tag
Except those Ophidian banners and the artwork,as well as that black smoke incense thingy.Those are MINE!Okay?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ChrisTheSwashy on Sep 1, 2014 wrote:
Awww shucks! I feel so bad that I couldn't come, I was doing an essay for my dastardly English class. Sorry guys!
Nah.You can still make it on Chrissy's birthday party!Or on a halloween party!Or on a birthoween party!Or maybe when I reach a milestone!Or maybe...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Paige MoonShade on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:

Oops, sorry Paige.

That tag must have slipped off in all the hubbub and slid under one of the Aquilian tables or gotten lost in the sofa cushions. I do apologize for the confusion and will make sure the dinnerware is returned to the proper claimer...er, that is tagger....um, I mean owner.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
Except those Ophidian banners and the artwork,as well as that black smoke incense thingy.Those are MINE!Okay?
Oh Felix, that reminds me we still got to get you some more of that fine Aquilian décor and artwork. Might be almost time for a House Farming Party!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Nah.You can still make it on Chrissy's birthday party!Or on a halloween party!Or on a birthoween party!Or maybe when I reach a milestone!Or maybe...
Wait, wha Birthday party Who told when it was my birthday

Community Leader
I see. Now I know who kept removing my name tag every time I went back inside the house. Bannners are yours. But that fire thingy. We gonna battle for that one.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Paige MoonShade on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
I see. Now I know who kept removing my name tag every time I went back inside the house. Bannners are yours. But that fire thingy. We gonna battle for that one.
Sorry about that.Hmm...Valkoor is a great external decorator.My hats off to you sir,for that.Your legions of statues are enough to convince anyone that there is a festival in your little village!

Anyways,back to Paige.Okay,we certainly can.

But on a sidenote,I have noticed that that censer isn't in the crowns shop,or in any vendor...so that means it must be dropped.Farming for it would mean both of us would get it,and I wouldn't have to blow Valkoor's house up!(after all,I am the Hoodoo Master).Then again,farming is slow and tedious,and my menu chatness does make it a bit boring...

And winning it does kinda feel better...
Personally,isn't it ironic the actual owner of the censer gets absolutely no say in this?

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
"What's the name of your dinnerware pattern?"

Sam, I'm not 100% positive, as Milo usually does the shopping for anything involving food, but I do believe the pattern is called....

"Toasted Cheese & Squiggles"

-- made by Brigand Ornate Bake-wares, packaged by Rapscallion Involved Parcels and shipped by Scoundrel Overnight Segways....but I'll have to double check with Milo!
Toasted Cheese and Squiggles, eh? That explains this somewhat... interesting pattern on this plate. Wait a minute... silly me, forgot to wash it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
Toasted Cheese and Squiggles, eh? That explains this somewhat... interesting pattern on this plate. Wait a minute... silly me, forgot to wash it.
Yeah Sam, you must have the Squiggly Cheese and Toast version.....very similar but one is an intentional design the other, not so much-- definitely wash any of those.

NOW if you happen to have the Cheesie Squiggles and Toast variety...hang on to those, they will be worth a small fortune some day. And last but not least, for the love of all things hoodoo, just throw out any that resemble Toasted Squiggles and Cheese-- they are practically biohazards and can cause an explosion that Ratty would shed a tear over....actually, better just burn and bury those!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
Sorry about that.Hmm...Valkoor is a great external decorator.My hats off to you sir,for that.Your legions of statues are enough to convince anyone that there is a festival in your little village!

Anyways,back to Paige.Okay,we certainly can.

But on a sidenote,I have noticed that that censer isn't in the crowns shop,or in any vendor...so that means it must be dropped.Farming for it would mean both of us would get it,and I wouldn't have to blow Valkoor's house up!(after all,I am the Hoodoo Master).Then again,farming is slow and tedious,and my menu chatness does make it a bit boring...

And winning it does kinda feel better...
Personally,isn't it ironic the actual owner of the censer gets absolutely no say in this?
Remind me to keep both of you away from Esperanza's Villa!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
Remind me to keep both of you away from Esperanza's Villa!
Noted.(But not processed!)

Commodore
May 31, 2009
The party was fantastic as always, and I had an awesome time! The Marauders sure know how to plan and execute a wonderful, piratical party. Ooh, did I say execute? Well, all I can say for myself is that if you just happen to start spinning down in my Aztecosaur shrine...I mean, basement, right in front of that altar, there's no escape from Dino Queen Misty. The Ancestors are calling for you...I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

In all seriousness, the party was amazing. Ivy wishes to add that it was nice to meet you all, and that she had a wonderful time as well.

Oh, and Chrissy? Could you pretty please with Yum on top re-post the pictures for me like you did last time? I'd love to see them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
MistyDragon13 on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
The party was fantastic as always, and I had an awesome time! The Marauders sure know how to plan and execute a wonderful, piratical party. Ooh, did I say execute? Well, all I can say for myself is that if you just happen to start spinning down in my Aztecosaur shrine...I mean, basement, right in front of that altar, there's no escape from Dino Queen Misty. The Ancestors are calling for you...I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

In all seriousness, the party was amazing. Ivy wishes to add that it was nice to meet you all, and that she had a wonderful time as well.

Oh, and Chrissy? Could you pretty please with Yum on top re-post the pictures for me like you did last time? I'd love to see them.
OH I posted them the day I did this recap. Here is the link for ya. Enjoy.

P. S. To see the others, just go back one page to the "Parties & Events page and you will see the other posts.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
OH I posted them the day I did this recap. Here is the link for ya. Enjoy.

P. S. To see the others, just go back one page to the "Parties & Events page and you will see the other posts.
THANK YOU CHRISSY!!!!!

Wow, my Grimtooth seems to enjoy photo bombing. Wonderful pictures and captions as always! Some of those had me giggling hard enough to earn a funny look from my friend. Thanks so much again!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Haha, I missed Jack Nightingale's chicken hotel; I wished I could have seen it myself, it sounds amazing.

It was very nice meeting you all and I had a great time, don't let my social awkwardness then tell you otherwise. It was my very first time attending a Message Board Marauder party and I'm glad I made it. Next time (that's right, I said next time) I won't be as silent and be a bit more chatty (and trust me when I say I can be quite very chatty).

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
435Snow Owl on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
Haha, I missed Jack Nightingale's chicken hotel; I wished I could have seen it myself, it sounds amazing.

It was very nice meeting you all and I had a great time, don't let my social awkwardness then tell you otherwise. It was my very first time attending a Message Board Marauder party and I'm glad I made it. Next time (that's right, I said next time) I won't be as silent and be a bit more chatty (and trust me when I say I can be quite very chatty).
It was wonderful to have met you Carter and we are so glad that your brain reminded you to not forget to remember to remind you to- "Don't forget to remember the reminder!"

I didn't notice too much social awkwardness at all and in fact, I believe I recall a certain Scarlet Carter belting out some mighty fine lyrics to "Funky Town"....and I only know one Scarlet Carter. Quite a voice you have there. It was a great night and as you may have seen, we all can be quite the awkward bunch, but in a good way of course!

Again we are glad you could make it and to have met you, and we hope to see you at many more Spiral Shindigs to come.....and by all means, chat away!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
It was wonderful to have met you Carter and we are so glad that your brain reminded you to not forget to remember to remind you to- "Don't forget to remember the reminder!"

I didn't notice too much social awkwardness at all and in fact, I believe I recall a certain Scarlet Carter belting out some mighty fine lyrics to "Funky Town"....and I only know one Scarlet Carter. Quite a voice you have there. It was a great night and as you may have seen, we all can be quite the awkward bunch, but in a good way of course!

Again we are glad you could make it and to have met you, and we hope to see you at many more Spiral Shindigs to come.....and by all means, chat away!
We all should do a cappella of "Funky Town"; us marauders would make quite the lovely group.

Thank you so much, it really means a lot. It was also nice for me to finally meet everyone as well. It still amazes me to this day how friendly the majority of the Pirate101 community is and that's a beautiful thing for so many reasons. Of course I'll try to make it to much more future parties, though it shouldn't be too much of a problem. My schedule is starting to come a bit more free on the weekends. The weekdays are a nightmare!