Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Vadima's latest vision

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Of course I was most curious to see what Vadima has glimpsed in her crystal ball. I see her vision reveals some sort of piratical cuttlefish? (well, a sentient cephalopod at any rate) Certainly, bearing a hook and a peg leg (er, pegged tentacle), this is an individual of considerable experience. But is he/she a friend? An enemy? A tavern owner? A ship-wright?... the questions could go on.

My (real life) daughter commented upon seeing the picture: "Oh, I hope she's an enemy!" Which made me think... surely there are plenty of individuals who have placed bounties on our heads. From the irritated leaders of the Rat Pack, from the outraged former rulers of Monquista, to the implacable Armada... and more. It would explain why so many ships so readily fire upon us when they see us flying our colors.

But likely those bounties have not been so very great as to inspire the most hardened and dedicated of bounty hunters. But in Marleybone, we became rather more than a nusiance to the Armada. It would make sense that Kane would dip into his gold reserves a bit and set a price that will attract the most competent and feared of bounty hunters. (I am certain Kane has great reserves. Yes, waging war on Marleybone surely costs, but beyond the considerable original resources of Valencia offered to them, the Armada has stolen a great deal. He can afford a lot.) Perhaps this battle-hardened cephalopod is such a bounty hunter.

Why don't we know of this yet? Simple: we've been busy in Aquila, which although once a great empire, is now primarily involved with its own affairs, and somewhat sequestered from the rest of the Spiral. We haven't been home much, and if we did so, we were quickly off again, most likely attending to a certain 'invitation' from the evil Moo Manchu...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Nov 3, 2014 wrote:
Of course I was most curious to see what Vadima has glimpsed in her crystal ball. I see her vision reveals some sort of piratical cuttlefish? (well, a sentient cephalopod at any rate) Certainly, bearing a hook and a peg leg (er, pegged tentacle), this is an individual of considerable experience. But is he/she a friend? An enemy? A tavern owner? A ship-wright?... the questions could go on.

My (real life) daughter commented upon seeing the picture: "Oh, I hope she's an enemy!" Which made me think... surely there are plenty of individuals who have placed bounties on our heads. From the irritated leaders of the Rat Pack, from the outraged former rulers of Monquista, to the implacable Armada... and more. It would explain why so many ships so readily fire upon us when they see us flying our colors.

But likely those bounties have not been so very great as to inspire the most hardened and dedicated of bounty hunters. But in Marleybone, we became rather more than a nusiance to the Armada. It would make sense that Kane would dip into his gold reserves a bit and set a price that will attract the most competent and feared of bounty hunters. (I am certain Kane has great reserves. Yes, waging war on Marleybone surely costs, but beyond the considerable original resources of Valencia offered to them, the Armada has stolen a great deal. He can afford a lot.) Perhaps this battle-hardened cephalopod is such a bounty hunter.

Why don't we know of this yet? Simple: we've been busy in Aquila, which although once a great empire, is now primarily involved with its own affairs, and somewhat sequestered from the rest of the Spiral. We haven't been home much, and if we did so, we were quickly off again, most likely attending to a certain 'invitation' from the evil Moo Manchu...
Yes, that's certainly possible, Anne. But this squid ( ? ) seems a jolly sort and is clearly taking a bath; could this be a new pet?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Hey guys! Once again, against my better judgment, I am back with a NEW topic! I looked on KI's November Newsletter, got to the bottom, and saw a picture of what appears to be a SQUID PIRATE!! On top of the picture were the words, "A Vision From Vadima......." From what I can tell, it appears to be a concept drawing, and the squid pirate has one arm with a hook and another holding a sword, and it is also wearing a bandana and a pirate hat, along with having an eyepatch. This squid also has one peg leg and is holding a candle in another arm. It looks like an enlarged Sky Squid. Could this be Squidbeard? Or could it be an enemy or something much worse? One more thing.......this can't be a Valencian companion, or a Grizzleheim or Krokotopian companion..........could this pirating squid be from DARKMOOR?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
What if it's a new class trainer?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
I think it's safe to say that everyone was a little surprised and excited by Vadima's latest vision, showing us a never-before seen pirate instead of the usual statistics of the game. But what relation is this piratical cephalopod to our pirate? NPC, could be; Enemy, great let's have sushi; Pet, possible but unlikely; Companion, awesome a bit of Davy Jones on our crew. Whatever its relation with us, I'm sure we can all be certain that it foreshadows a new update. Let's all keep our fingers and hooks crossed that the next book or two will be coming out soon. Send us to Davy Jones's Locker, KI, we're all ready for this calamari calamity

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Or, 'warriorscreed', could it be... wait for it... Captain Squid! (well, we already had Captain Kid, but why not another pun on the infamous Captain Kidd?)

You are, of course, correct Esperanza: he/she does look rather jolly despite the cutlery being waved about. Though I was inclined to think the concept art of the Shrimp (er, pardon me, Prawn) looked potentially friendly, and look how wrong I was there! But the Cephalopod in Vadima's vision also has a candlestick carried by one tentacle, and that itself would suggest a more neutral or friendly aspect: enemies don't usually carry a candlestick when they are hunting you down. An enemy would be more likely to jump out at you the shadows, after all.

So perhaps we have gone and knocked on the door of er, 'Captain Squid', 'Squidbeard', what have you, and dragging his/bath along (accidentally smashing bits of it along the way), the Cephalopod warily answers the door, ready for trouble if need be...

Developer
I dunno... seems like hiring a squid bounty hunter would really be escalating the arms race.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
Or, 'warriorscreed', could it be... wait for it... Captain Squid! (well, we already had Captain Kid, but why not another pun on the infamous Captain Kidd?)

You are, of course, correct Esperanza: he/she does look rather jolly despite the cutlery being waved about. Though I was inclined to think the concept art of the Shrimp (er, pardon me, Prawn) looked potentially friendly, and look how wrong I was there! But the Cephalopod in Vadima's vision also has a candlestick carried by one tentacle, and that itself would suggest a more neutral or friendly aspect: enemies don't usually carry a candlestick when they are hunting you down. An enemy would be more likely to jump out at you the shadows, after all.

So perhaps we have gone and knocked on the door of er, 'Captain Squid', 'Squidbeard', what have you, and dragging his/bath along (accidentally smashing bits of it along the way), the Cephalopod warily answers the door, ready for trouble if need be...
Captain Squid, LOL!!! Ms. Radcliffe, that is truly a good name for such a cephalopod! However, my brother brought up an interesting idea. What if this squid could hint at us going to CELESTIA? I mean, this guy would come from underwater, so why not? Ideas, my pirating comrades?

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
DuranteRamses87 on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
What if it's a new class trainer?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I would have to agree with Durante that it looks like a new class trainer. Think about it! You can make more pirates then there are classes, it would make sense to add another class

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I think it may be a taste of what may come in Book 15... or something...

You never know.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Ratbeard on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
I dunno... seems like hiring a squid bounty hunter would really be escalating the arms race.
LOLOLOLOL!!! Arms race!!! Ohhhhhh, Ratbeard, you crack me up!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
*Totally laughing out loud in an empty room...............again* You never fail to crack me up Ratbeard. Please never change.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
We need to find something to OCTOPI you're time ( you obviously have enough to time to make puns...)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh, Ratbeard, you are too much! Love it! *still giggling*

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Squid? What squid? Oh, that squid. Hmm, very interesting. It appears to be...a squid. A very piratey sort of squid, but still a squid. What catches my attention is the candle he/she/it is holding, and what it is sitting on. I think it looks more like a little stage platform than a bathtub, and the water is...oozing...from the squid. So, squid slime?

I have too many quotes to quote everyone separately, so I'll just put them all here.

Anne- "enemies don't usually carry a candlestick when they are hunting you down." You have played the game Clue, have you not?

Esperanza- "could this be a new pet?" Calamity (PixieShade) had a glitch where her Black Tiger pet showed as being an "Ancient Flying Squid". Perhaps there is some sort of squishy squid pet out there...

Dante- "What if it's a new class trainer?" What class do you think he/she/it would teach? Maybe another ranged class?

Ratbeard- "I dunno... seems like hiring a squid bounty hunter would really be escalating the arms race." Nice one...

Trimond- "I think it may be a taste of what may come in Book 15..." Unless I've forgotten something, we're going to Valencia next. Since there are Crabs in Valencia, having some kind of squid race isn't too far-fetched!

Chrissy- "You never fail to crack me up Ratbeard." We all feel that way.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Hmmm this be quite interesting, a piratical squid hmmm.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Does this mean Davy Jones still carries a torch.....er candle.....for Calypso? Is this burning an eternal flame?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I think these are all some really great, extremely funny and fascinating ideas. This cepha-critter sure has me scratchin' my head to figure out it's proper place in the Spiral. Here's my guess (or at least my wish for)and what I foresee in my own crystal ball-- it may need some dusting, so my vision is a bit clouded, unlike Ms. Vadima's.

I am hoping that this hooked, pierced, pegged, patched, wax drippin', sword wieldin', water sloshin', walking night light is an NPC in the likes of our dear friend and wild gull chasin', Zeke-- with a twist....of lemon, since it is seafood we are talking about.

I would like to see this guy/gal be an NPC that sends us out on Spiral-wide, grand adventures in which we are rewarded with amazing gear, upgraded talents and possibly other fantastic treasures. Unlike Zeke though, this cuttle-critter would not send us on scavenger hunt type of quests and would grant us the ultimate reward at the conclusion of all of his/her quests-- joining our mighty crews as our very own Cephalopod Companion!

We could find this future recruit at a new tavern called the "Ten Tackles and Bait Tavern" -- Official Slogan- "Where Bait, Yum and Adventure Abounds Aplenty!!!". His name would be Seth A. LoPod and he would have quite a distinct and unique gargle-esque accent, that exposes his underwater exploits and salty, seafaring ways. He would send us out on quests that would get our blood-a-pumpin', swords-a-clankin', crew-a-rompin' and we would return for amazing rewards that would leave even Hawkules squawkless.

Then upon returning for the last time, Seth A. LoPod would offer to lend us a few hands and become quite the multitasking crewmate. With a sword in one arm and a Squidquebus, mop and bucket, mug of yum, chopsticks, throwing axes and a map, compass, spotting scope and salted crackers in the others-- he would be the ultimate Captain's Best friend.....sorry Gracie and Jack Russell, but this dog has a few more tricks up it's sleeve!

Developer
anecorbie on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
We need to find something to OCTOPI you're time ( you obviously have enough to time to make puns...)
Oh, very well done.

Hat's off to you for that one.

(So jealous I didn't think of it first!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 5, 2014 wrote:
I think these are all some really great, extremely funny and fascinating ideas. This cepha-critter sure has me scratchin' my head to figure out it's proper place in the Spiral. Here's my guess (or at least my wish for)and what I foresee in my own crystal ball-- it may need some dusting, so my vision is a bit clouded, unlike Ms. Vadima's.

I am hoping that this hooked, pierced, pegged, patched, wax drippin', sword wieldin', water sloshin', walking night light is an NPC in the likes of our dear friend and wild gull chasin', Zeke-- with a twist....of lemon, since it is seafood we are talking about.

I would like to see this guy/gal be an NPC that sends us out on Spiral-wide, grand adventures in which we are rewarded with amazing gear, upgraded talents and possibly other fantastic treasures. Unlike Zeke though, this cuttle-critter would not send us on scavenger hunt type of quests and would grant us the ultimate reward at the conclusion of all of his/her quests-- joining our mighty crews as our very own Cephalopod Companion!

We could find this future recruit at a new tavern called the "Ten Tackles and Bait Tavern" -- Official Slogan- "Where Bait, Yum and Adventure Abounds Aplenty!!!". His name would be Seth A. LoPod and he would have quite a distinct and unique gargle-esque accent, that exposes his underwater exploits and salty, seafaring ways. He would send us out on quests that would get our blood-a-pumpin', swords-a-clankin', crew-a-rompin' and we would return for amazing rewards that would leave even Hawkules squawkless.

Then upon returning for the last time, Seth A. LoPod would offer to lend us a few hands and become quite the multitasking crewmate. With a sword in one arm and a Squidquebus, mop and bucket, mug of yum, chopsticks, throwing axes and a map, compass, spotting scope and salted crackers in the others-- he would be the ultimate Captain's Best friend.....sorry Gracie and Jack Russell, but this dog has a few more tricks up it's sleeve!
Lovely post as usual from our highly talented Valkoor. In this one I am totally giggling and loving his name. Just brilliant

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
MistyDragon13 on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
Squid? What squid? Oh, that squid. Hmm, very interesting. It appears to be...a squid. A very piratey sort of squid, but still a squid. What catches my attention is the candle he/she/it is holding, and what it is sitting on. I think it looks more like a little stage platform than a bathtub, and the water is...oozing...from the squid. So, squid slime?

I have too many quotes to quote everyone separately, so I'll just put them all here.

Anne- "enemies don't usually carry a candlestick when they are hunting you down." You have played the game Clue, have you not?

Esperanza- "could this be a new pet?" Calamity (PixieShade) had a glitch where her Black Tiger pet showed as being an "Ancient Flying Squid". Perhaps there is some sort of squishy squid pet out there...

Dante- "What if it's a new class trainer?" What class do you think he/she/it would teach? Maybe another ranged class?

Ratbeard- "I dunno... seems like hiring a squid bounty hunter would really be escalating the arms race." Nice one...

Trimond- "I think it may be a taste of what may come in Book 15..." Unless I've forgotten something, we're going to Valencia next. Since there are Crabs in Valencia, having some kind of squid race isn't too far-fetched!

Chrissy- "You never fail to crack me up Ratbeard." We all feel that way.
LOL Brilliant comebacks. My favorite? "You have played the game Clue, have you not?"

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
*slow claps* Nicely done.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Back to the speculation on this Squid; where does he/she come from? I look how s/he is dressed, in Skull Island fashion, so I believe s/he's from SI. Now for class, the weapon of choice for this jolly squid is a cutlass - a slashy weapon that's usually favored by Privateers, so a privateer squid from SI.
Now, friend or foe? And why is there a candlestick? Could this be a crony of One Eyed Jack's? or Captain Avery?
There are a few loose threads in the story line, could s/he be that 'friend' in Port Regal Guy Fox was going to meet?
Speculations abound!

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I bet the octopus is someones jumbo pet. Possibly napolenguin's (Is that his name?) since it does not look smart enough to talk or do anything.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Maybe the creator of the clockwork birds?

Perhaps with all of those tentacles he could mass produce them and send them throughout Valencia.

Pretty sure it's gotta be something big considering ... was after it.

It may be a friend of Avery's, a bounty hunter, a friendly pirate? Anything is possible.

Celestia?