Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Treasure Bath Doubloon Myth - Exploded!

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Captain's Log: Tower run # 72,. I entered the Tower of Moo Manchu grouped with two friends Hunter Walker & Jack Nightingale in our team up we had a musketeer named Fiery Jesse ( something ).
We used Bath Doubloons all the way through the Tower. And on floor eight we received the Death's Bargain Earring! Continuing our bold endeavors, we finally reached Moo Manchu, again Treasure Bath was used with the result of The Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu !
I would say this myth is well and truly BUSTED
( ends log and plots to solo that dratted tower.... to be continued, maybe. )
Esperanza Devereaux ( I'm coming for you, Moo. I'm a one woman army now! )

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
That be incredible fair lass, I outta try it me if it worked fer ye.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Congratulations.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Congrats on the swag haul!

I doubt your definitive proof that this rumor is false will put the slightest dent in the certainty of those who believe it to be true...

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well done. Looks like Adam & Jamie may have to hire you on

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Well done. Looks like Adam & Jamie may have to hire you on
There's a thought, I would love to see them as guest NPCs!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Indigo Ring on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Congrats on the swag haul!

I doubt your definitive proof that this rumor is false will put the slightest dent in the certainty of those who believe it to be true...

-Indigo
If everyone who knows that the Bath rumor is false would stand up to those who demand " no Bath coins " and just USE them, we would soon scotch this myth.
So BE A MYTH BUSTER

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
What a great Tower run...congratulations to you and your battle crew!

With all those Baths coming down and all that gear getting soaked up, it sounds as you guys and gals really cleaned house and left that myth washed up. Yeah, I'd say all of those myths and conspiracy theories are just like the Bath one...nothing but suds and bubbles!

Again, major congrats on your new 'toys'.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Did it again last night. I was on my , Silver Isis and I used Treasure Bath during the Nefarious Five battle - resulting in The Nefarious Staff and Baron Samedi's Mask ( I already have these,) yet more proof that the myth was a lie.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Captain's Log: Tower run # 72,. I entered the Tower of Moo Manchu grouped with two friends Hunter Walker & Jack Nightingale in our team up we had a musketeer named Fiery Jesse ( something ).
We used Bath Doubloons all the way through the Tower. And on floor eight we received the Death's Bargain Earring! Continuing our bold endeavors, we finally reached Moo Manchu, again Treasure Bath was used with the result of The Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu !
I would say this myth is well and truly BUSTED
( ends log and plots to solo that dratted tower.... to be continued, maybe. )
Esperanza Devereaux ( I'm coming for you, Moo. I'm a one woman army now! )
Thank you for clearing that up, anecorbie. When I was a noob during my first tower run( doubloons had just came out) my "mentors" that I did the tower with told my to NEVER use treasure bath.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
if that musket was fiery jesse yveson you ran tower with a phoenix member, a lesser known member but a member nonetheless

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Jun 20, 2015 wrote:
if that musket was fiery jesse yveson you ran tower with a phoenix member, a lesser known member but a member nonetheless
Well, if he has the earring and Moo's robes from that run, then I guess it was him. Please note that I had no complaints about his performance. He was very effective ( I love doing tower runs with musketeers, they're the bomb! ).

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 21, 2015 wrote:
Well, if he has the earring and Moo's robes from that run, then I guess it was him. Please note that I had no complaints about his performance. He was very effective ( I love doing tower runs with musketeers, they're the bomb! ).
that would be his second robe i think, he's really lucky with tower drops

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
That Tower myth isn't going away, in fact, it's getting worse. I've run into players who are now insisting that NO doubloons are to be used during the Nefarious fight OR the fight with Moo.
And if you use a doubloon, they whine that you are the reason that they got nothing, then they leave the team-up.
In my last run I commented that if I ever found out who started this stupid rumor, I would report them and another player said that he would like to strangle them; because this rumor has caused more division and arguments than anything else in the game.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
That Tower myth isn't going away, in fact, it's getting worse. I've run into players who are now insisting that NO doubloons are to be used during the Nefarious fight OR the fight with Moo.
And if you use a doubloon, they whine that you are the reason that they got nothing, then they leave the team-up.
In my last run I commented that if I ever found out who started this stupid rumor, I would report them and another player said that he would like to strangle them; because this rumor has caused more division and arguments than anything else in the game.
more then the hidden argument? :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
more then the hidden argument? :)
Hmm, I see what you're going for there, but actually, since I'm more often in the Tower than engaging in pvp, I would say yes, but that's just me. How often do you argue with Harry about using Black Fog? Do you try to forbid swashbucklers from using 'hide'?
This my point, the believers of this ridiculous rumor are trying to control other player's actions.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
Hmm, I see what you're going for there, but actually, since I'm more often in the Tower than engaging in pvp, I would say yes, but that's just me. How often do you argue with Harry about using Black Fog? Do you try to forbid swashbucklers from using 'hide'?
This my point, the believers of this ridiculous rumor are trying to control other player's actions.
Actually harry is the only buckler to have continued success against me although our matches are always close, against every other buckler i have devised a strategy that works but it is a very costly strategy and very technical so i can see why other privateers would have a problem, so i no longer argue for my sake but for the other not as good privateers