Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Traitor's Cave Theory

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
Hello, my friends! I've come up with a rather interesting theory. I will warn you it is fairly dark, so a viewer's discretion is a little advised.

This theory involves the Five Stages of Grief, and how they tie together with the four rats of Traitor's Cave.

Ratbeard
Ratbeard represents denial. He denies he caused the death of his crew, even though he ended up being right, he still killed them in some senses.

Lasko
Lasko represents anger. He lashes out at the player, so eager for revenge on Ratbeard, he's desperate enough to send the player to the Frogfather.

Jack
Jack represents bargaining. He made a deal with the cutthroats, and betrayed Avery in a result.

Moe
Moe represents depression. He's so full of guilt and depression, he's said by Lasko: "The one being held back to life the most." Hiding his loved one's locket in an act of envy, he ends up regretting it greatly, making him extremely depressed about it.

Manny
Manny represents acceptance. He seems to be the most calm of the rats, accepting the fact he betrayed Zadok by leaving him in the cave. He's still guilty, yes, but he still did seem to be calm when telling the player about his debt, unlike the other two who were panicking.

This theory is inspired by the Majora's Mask theory, and I'm still not sure about Manny or Moe. Anyways, tell me what you think, I really like the idea of this.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
akhenaten751 on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
Hello, my friends! I've come up with a rather interesting theory. I will warn you it is fairly dark, so a viewer's discretion is a little advised.

This theory involves the Five Stages of Grief, and how they tie together with the four rats of Traitor's Cave.

Ratbeard
Ratbeard represents denial. He denies he caused the death of his crew, even though he ended up being right, he still killed them in some senses.

Lasko
Lasko represents anger. He lashes out at the player, so eager for revenge on Ratbeard, he's desperate enough to send the player to the Frogfather.

Jack
Jack represents bargaining. He made a deal with the cutthroats, and betrayed Avery in a result.

Moe
Moe represents depression. He's so full of guilt and depression, he's said by Lasko: "The one being held back to life the most." Hiding his loved one's locket in an act of envy, he ends up regretting it greatly, making him extremely depressed about it.

Manny
Manny represents acceptance. He seems to be the most calm of the rats, accepting the fact he betrayed Zadok by leaving him in the cave. He's still guilty, yes, but he still did seem to be calm when telling the player about his debt, unlike the other two who were panicking.

This theory is inspired by the Majora's Mask theory, and I'm still not sure about Manny or Moe. Anyways, tell me what you think, I really like the idea of this.
I think it's very well done, OTH, you could be reading more into it than it needs ( denial )

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011

Ratbeard

Lasko

Jack

Moe

Manny

Ah... I thought the Five Stages of Grief theory sounded familiar (you've seen Game Theory, I presume?).

Quite an interesting concept, and definitely intriguing to muse on. I think this is well done.

(On a completely unrelated note, I'm quite a huge Zelda man myself. Majora's Mask is one of my favorites. )

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

Ratbeard

Lasko

Jack

Moe

Manny

Very well put together. It makes a lot of sense.

Btw, I'm not sure if I really believe the Majora's Mask theory, however it did give me an excuse to learn the 5 Stages of Grief so, I'm pretty good with it.

Again, very nicely compiled.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65