Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Training points for Buccaneer

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 12, 2013
On which class should my level 12 Buccaneer spend his training points on?

Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
brian angel grove on Feb 28, 2021 wrote:
I would wait until you get to level 20 and spent your training points on the secret trainer instead. You'll get more value out of having Relentless than having Rouse or Walk in Shadows.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
brian angel grove on Feb 28, 2021 wrote:
Relentless is an almost unparalleled talent that the buccaneer gets access to because they train in Smashy weapons. I definitely recommend holding onto a practice point for that.

Since that only takes 1 practice point though, I'd say the top two picks are Privateer or Swashbuckler.
If you want an epic that will deal good damage in combat, Sneak Attack from Swash is one of the best in the early game. Walk in Shadows is kinda meh since buccaneers don't generally need to hide from damage but it can be good in a desperate situation and the double damage when you attack out of it is nice. Also, the Swashbuckler trainer offers the talent "Fast", which will increase the number of tiles your pirate can move in combat. This also increases how far you can move when you use Mighty Charge.

If you want to be able to tank better or heal, Privateer's epics Rouse and Valor Shield can compliment the Buccaneer build very well. Any healing you can get will be immensely helpful even through to the end game. Also, Gunnery can be pretty good to apply some chip damage to an enemy before charging in. I don't know if there are any talents, other than Slashy Weapons, that the Privateer teacher offers that the buccaneer teacher won't give you so there's not much to offer there.

Hope this helps!

Ensign
Sep 12, 2013
What about the rest of my training points?

Ensign
Sep 12, 2013
FireMorgan13 on Mar 3, 2021 wrote:
Relentless is an almost unparalleled talent that the buccaneer gets access to because they train in Smashy weapons. I definitely recommend holding onto a practice point for that.

Since that only takes 1 practice point though, I'd say the top two picks are Privateer or Swashbuckler.
If you want an epic that will deal good damage in combat, Sneak Attack from Swash is one of the best in the early game. Walk in Shadows is kinda meh since buccaneers don't generally need to hide from damage but it can be good in a desperate situation and the double damage when you attack out of it is nice. Also, the Swashbuckler trainer offers the talent "Fast", which will increase the number of tiles your pirate can move in combat. This also increases how far you can move when you use Mighty Charge.

If you want to be able to tank better or heal, Privateer's epics Rouse and Valor Shield can compliment the Buccaneer build very well. Any healing you can get will be immensely helpful even through to the end game. Also, Gunnery can be pretty good to apply some chip damage to an enemy before charging in. I don't know if there are any talents, other than Slashy Weapons, that the Privateer teacher offers that the buccaneer teacher won't give you so there's not much to offer there.

Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot .
I actually made my previous post before I saw yours so please ignore it.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
brian angel grove on Mar 4, 2021 wrote:
What about the rest of my training points?
After you figure out what you want from the secret trainer at levels 20 and 40, what else you spend your points on is largely a personal choice. Though most will see what talents they have on their talent lists and if they would get much if any benefit from raising those talents further. Though relentless, burst fire, and mojo rising at 2 are all considered essential for their perspective class and/or weapon type, taking them to 3 just isn't that important or sought after. Witch hunter is nice to have as it will trigger without wielding a staff as long as those using magic are right next to you. Other talents that sound great, such as overwatch, will never trigger with combo weapons as that talent triggers further away than right next to you and a shooty melee weapon only has a range of one (right next to you). Likewise there are some other talents that if you train and aren't using the correct weapon/weapon type for it, you can't use it and so those talents will either never trigger or be blacked out so you will never get to draw them in combat.

As a buccaneer, I always want vengeance strike to be no lower than 3, so that what is being attacked/defended against has a good chance of being stunned and therefore taking hits away from them.

A melee only buccaneer will have lots of options as to what they can take, and movement range and being able to have an invisibility talent are both great. As a shooty melee buccaneer, most training points will be tied up into meeting secret trainer requirements.

Ensign
Sep 12, 2013
I reached level 15 and went to the swashbuckler trainer and trained the first 2 to 3 things before my practice points got over. I know that I can get a practice point each from skull island and Monquista zeke quest but is there any other way to get practice points before I reach level 20 (so that I can get relentless from the secret trainer).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Training the heals from the privateer trainer (the Commodore) is also useful and can help prevent your companions from going on "bed rest". It's also useful in team up situations.

Ensign
Sep 12, 2013
Thanks everyone for your help

I finally came to a conclusion (although I am still open for more suggestions). I am going to train till fast in swashbuckler and the first healing power of privateer and get relentless from the secret trainer. I’m going to think about the rest of the practice points after I train these.

And by the way, will my Buccaneer get even one heal from mordekai or any Buccaneer side quest?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
brian angel grove on Apr 1, 2021 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your help

I finally came to a conclusion (although I am still open for more suggestions). I am going to train till fast in swashbuckler and the first healing power of privateer and get relentless from the secret trainer. I’m going to think about the rest of the practice points after I train these.

And by the way, will my Buccaneer get even one heal from mordekai or any Buccaneer side quest?
No, the Buccaneer is a "tank" class, he/she can take damage and deal it out; you do get some good shields, though.
If you're looking for more heals, there is gear that grants that power. Look in the bazaar. The Tower of Moo Manchu also drops heal power gear.