Towering Personalities

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1113
anecorbie on Jun 20, 2015 wrote:
I've just met a most idiotic player, a privateer who hates being a privateer. In fact I had no idea he was a privateer ( because not one buff or heal came our way through 6 floors ) until one of the players asked if he could drink the potion; here's the conversation:
: "If he drinks, I'm not fighting."
Other : "Why?"
"This class is lame."
General confusion follows,. He then explains that privies are like Life Wizards, only good for healing, he likes to attack and hates playing defensively. When I asked why he made a privy if he hates it so much, he said he didn't realize how lame it was. That was his phrase. I wonder why he continued with this class all the way to max level. When I pointed out that the Privy class was more like a Balance wizard, he said something rude.
Up-shot was, that team up went down the tubes.
Poor poor man. I feel bad for you that you had to see that. He could of had so much promise!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jan 21, 2013
38
anecorbie on Jun 20, 2015 wrote:
I've just met a most idiotic player, a privateer who hates being a privateer. In fact I had no idea he was a privateer ( because not one buff or heal came our way through 6 floors ) until one of the players asked if he could drink the potion; here's the conversation:
: "If he drinks, I'm not fighting."
Other : "Why?"
"This class is lame."
General confusion follows,. He then explains that privies are like Life Wizards, only good for healing, he likes to attack and hates playing defensively. When I asked why he made a privy if he hates it so much, he said he didn't realize how lame it was. That was his phrase. I wonder why he continued with this class all the way to max level. When I pointed out that the Privy class was more like a Balance wizard, he said something rude.
Up-shot was, that team up went down the tubes.
wow. Stuff like this stinks. we should meet up sometime and do the tower. i would love to do it with you! it seems like you have good luck, which i don't have.

Au Revoir

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7646
These later runs are getting utterly frustrating, so I'm gonna vent a bit.
The Low Level Parasite/Myth-Believer.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this player's level, a 9! AND he had the nerve to demand "NO doubloons"!
When I said I would use what doubloons I saw fit, he said "Go ahead, but you won't get any rewards." My reply: "Only a noob would believe that foolishness". Other player says: "finally, someone who is telling the truth."
And I left that team-up. Really, a level 9 in the tower?
The Sworn Enemies:
Forget the Montagues and Capulets, this team-up was a disaster from the first sentence: "Oh no, not ( name )."
Insulted player "What do you mean by that?"
"I donut like you."
"I don't like you either."
"........ ( something either filtered or said in open chat )"
Me "Ok, just click ignore on each other and lets go through this tower."
".........."
"Oh that's immature."
Me ( ports out of there as soon as I can.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7646
This is a variety of troll, that I never met until now, but I was told is really common:
The Selfish Swine - this team member refuses to open any four lock chest; the other team members are standing around say "come on, chest" but this player goes on their merry way. I'm not blaming the ones who are suffering the frozen movement glitch. And we're all familiar with the AFK Warrior who doesn't realize that a chest has appeared.
No, this player ignores these chests because "I already have enough doubloons/gear/gold." Not taking in consideration their team-mates wishes.
The one run I was on, we lost 3 chests before I asked who was ignoring the chests and one guy with the name of "Unfair" Piratety Pirate, admitted doing this. When I asked him why he did this his answer was "I don't need any more things." I pointed out that the rest of the team needed those chests but he continued to refuse to open the four lock group chests! ( He didn't say his pack was full or that he had reached the gold limit, this would at least be a reason for his behavior. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6196
anecorbie on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
This is a variety of troll, that I never met until now, but I was told is really common:
The Selfish Swine - this team member refuses to open any four lock chest; the other team members are standing around say "come on, chest" but this player goes on their merry way. I'm not blaming the ones who are suffering the frozen movement glitch. And we're all familiar with the AFK Warrior who doesn't realize that a chest has appeared.
No, this player ignores these chests because "I already have enough doubloons/gear/gold." Not taking in consideration their team-mates wishes.
The one run I was on, we lost 3 chests before I asked who was ignoring the chests and one guy with the name of "Unfair" Piratety Pirate, admitted doing this. When I asked him why he did this his answer was "I don't need any more things." I pointed out that the rest of the team needed those chests but he continued to refuse to open the four lock group chests! ( He didn't say his pack was full or that he had reached the gold limit, this would at least be a reason for his behavior. )
Too bad he is not willing to trade away his excess doubloons and thus lighten his load a bit and hopefully make him more inclined to peek into a few more chests again.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7646
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
Too bad he is not willing to trade away his excess doubloons and thus lighten his load a bit and hopefully make him more inclined to peek into a few more chests again.
I always open those chests, regardless of the state of my gold or doubloons - I also never have a full pack so I won't lose out on the good drops.
In a team up, there's a chance that one of your team mates is new to the tower or has only done a few runs; they need that gold/gear/doubloons.
Apparently this guy was a troll in other ways, too. I "ignored" him early on, but the one-sided conversations were very, very interesting.

Gunner's Mate
Mar 04, 2012
288
anecorbie on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
These later runs are getting utterly frustrating, so I'm gonna vent a bit.
The Low Level Parasite/Myth-Believer.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this player's level, a 9! AND he had the nerve to demand "NO doubloons"!
When I said I would use what doubloons I saw fit, he said "Go ahead, but you won't get any rewards." My reply: "Only a noob would believe that foolishness". Other player says: "finally, someone who is telling the truth."
And I left that team-up. Really, a level 9 in the tower?
The Sworn Enemies:
Forget the Montagues and Capulets, this team-up was a disaster from the first sentence: "Oh no, not ( name )."
Insulted player "What do you mean by that?"
"I donut like you."
"I don't like you either."
"........ ( something either filtered or said in open chat )"
Me "Ok, just click ignore on each other and lets go through this tower."
".........."
"Oh that's immature."
Me ( ports out of there as soon as I can.)
I had something like that sworn enemies thing happen i wizard101 I was farming in morganthe this guy was complaining to the other guy because he was getting ready to hit instead of helping the other one hit I mean he never ment him before and he was calling him names i finally had enough and told him if he wants to hit that's his business and still kept calling him names he said the hit was going to be weak because the other guy was a ice wizard I know some ice wizards don't have a good reputation for being hitters but this guy did do a lot of damage and at the end of the fight he said I'm a mean person deal with it I can't believe people like that exists plus this one time I was farming in tower with to others we were at the nefarious five part of the tower and almost done and the one kept telling us to kill the one pirate I forget which one I think it was the Buccaneer anyways we were going to die if we didn't kill the privy and they kept saying hit the other one and the reason was because they thought they wouldn't get the weapon they wanted if we killed the other one we kept saying we were going to die but they kept saying kill the other one and it had full health so I just hit the privy anyways they didnt get there weapon and I didn't mean to be rude or mean but we worked hard to get there and I didn't want to die for one weapon I'm sorry if that sounds mean I made friends with them afterwards and they were a lot nicer after that I just wish everyone would think about how something is going to effect the everyone else

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
601
Way back on a Tower run, I met these two guys who definitely knew each other since they had the exact same looks. So, later on, one of them threatened to leave just because I mentioned the show Steven Universe. Seriously??

Later on, at the final floor, the musketeer guy got into the battle, I guess to get the battle over with, after the same guy said to wait for him. When he saw that we started without him, he threw a fit and said he was gonna leave, but I think I persuaded him to stay, since he joined after my pleas for him to stay, as we've some this far.

We won that run (and added a total of 5 complete tower runs), but man, that guy was annoying!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7646
silver swordcoral on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
I had something like that sworn enemies thing happen i wizard101 I was farming in morganthe this guy was complaining to the other guy because he was getting ready to hit instead of helping the other one hit I mean he never ment him before and he was calling him names i finally had enough and told him if he wants to hit that's his business and still kept calling him names he said the hit was going to be weak because the other guy was a ice wizard I know some ice wizards don't have a good reputation for being hitters but this guy did do a lot of damage and at the end of the fight he said I'm a mean person deal with it I can't believe people like that exists plus this one time I was farming in tower with to others we were at the nefarious five part of the tower and almost done and the one kept telling us to kill the one pirate I forget which one I think it was the Buccaneer anyways we were going to die if we didn't kill the privy and they kept saying hit the other one and the reason was because they thought they wouldn't get the weapon they wanted if we killed the other one we kept saying we were going to die but they kept saying kill the other one and it had full health so I just hit the privy anyways they didnt get there weapon and I didn't mean to be rude or mean but we worked hard to get there and I didn't want to die for one weapon I'm sorry if that sounds mean I made friends with them afterwards and they were a lot nicer after that I just wish everyone would think about how something is going to effect the everyone else
Yes, you met a variety of "Myth Believer": they are a complete pain in the you- know- where. If you ignore them and fight the battle in a tactical way, they blame you for their loss of Nef-5 drop.
Ice Wizards are low hitters? That's a surprise to me, one of my best friends is an Ice Wiz and I'm amazed at the damage she does with a Frost Giant.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
I'm quite enjoying this thread :P

Sure it's sad and irritating to end up with such people in the tower, but the way you put it makes it somewhat funny :)

Keep them coming, if you would :D

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7646
Silver Angel on Sep 21, 2015 wrote:
I'm quite enjoying this thread :P

Sure it's sad and irritating to end up with such people in the tower, but the way you put it makes it somewhat funny :)

Keep them coming, if you would :D
When I started this thread just a year ago; I had no idea it would become so popular. I'm still finding "types" or variations on these types occurring in the Tower.
Since I have 5 other pirates besides my main and I still have to collect Moo's Boots and the Lotus Mask, I will be in that cursed edifice once day.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6196
anecorbie on Sep 21, 2015 wrote:
Yes, you met a variety of "Myth Believer": they are a complete pain in the you- know- where. If you ignore them and fight the battle in a tactical way, they blame you for their loss of Nef-5 drop.
Ice Wizards are low hitters? That's a surprise to me, one of my best friends is an Ice Wiz and I'm amazed at the damage she does with a Frost Giant.
I agree with you. My ice wizzy can do some serious slamming with that Frost Giant

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
anecorbie on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
When I started this thread just a year ago; I had no idea it would become so popular. I'm still finding "types" or variations on these types occurring in the Tower.
Since I have 5 other pirates besides my main and I still have to collect Moo's Boots and the Lotus Mask, I will be in that cursed edifice once day.
I only use 2 pirates but there's still gear I havent obtained... even if I get them, its the only team dungeon to do for fun anyway (not counting Regatta I dont do anymore) so yeah, going to be in that place for a while too :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7646
Ok this team up was both annoying, strange and funny. I can just describe them as:
We think we're OP, but, sadly, we're average: When I joined this team up on my Buccaneer, I found that I was with two buddies; one of which had 2 accounts going. All were SBs and they thought they were the hottest thing going.
They began bantering and then one said "Who's that buck chick?". I said "Excuse me?", then: "Oh " he said, "I thought you couldn't talk."
Then he begins to say how chicks can't fight. "Keep up with the chick talk, and you'll finish the dungeon with 3 ", I said. He LOLs.
Then at each battle they say something like, "Time to be OP." Then they fog - but their weapons were bazaar issue, so I guess they haven't done many runs.
Then one says "I know gals who could kill Bess ( my buck )."
I say, "That won't be as easy as you think."
More laughter, go figure, I guess they were easily amused.
But at the statue floor, they begged that no one should break a statue, because "The foo lions are OP."
LOL, I almost called them "Chickens."
The team up died because one went afk and another was checking their backpack, for nearly ten minutes, I got tired of waiting and left.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
anecorbie on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
Ok this team up was both annoying, strange and funny. I can just describe them as:
We think we're OP, but, sadly, we're average: When I joined this team up on my Buccaneer, I found that I was with two buddies; one of which had 2 accounts going. All were SBs and they thought they were the hottest thing going.
They began bantering and then one said "Who's that buck chick?". I said "Excuse me?", then: "Oh " he said, "I thought you couldn't talk."
Then he begins to say how chicks can't fight. "Keep up with the chick talk, and you'll finish the dungeon with 3 ", I said. He LOLs.
Then at each battle they say something like, "Time to be OP." Then they fog - but their weapons were bazaar issue, so I guess they haven't done many runs.
Then one says "I know gals who could kill Bess ( my buck )."
I say, "That won't be as easy as you think."
More laughter, go figure, I guess they were easily amused.
But at the statue floor, they begged that no one should break a statue, because "The foo lions are OP."
LOL, I almost called them "Chickens."
The team up died because one went afk and another was checking their backpack, for nearly ten minutes, I got tired of waiting and left.
Yikes! If there's one thing I don't like more than a jerk, it's a sexist jerk.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
Wonder how these people (in general, not just those from last post) would react if you told them:

"You, my friend, will be featured on the official boards"

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
119
anecorbie on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
Ok this team up was both annoying, strange and funny. I can just describe them as:
We think we're OP, but, sadly, we're average: When I joined this team up on my Buccaneer, I found that I was with two buddies; one of which had 2 accounts going. All were SBs and they thought they were the hottest thing going.
They began bantering and then one said "Who's that buck chick?". I said "Excuse me?", then: "Oh " he said, "I thought you couldn't talk."
Then he begins to say how chicks can't fight. "Keep up with the chick talk, and you'll finish the dungeon with 3 ", I said. He LOLs.
Then at each battle they say something like, "Time to be OP." Then they fog - but their weapons were bazaar issue, so I guess they haven't done many runs.
Then one says "I know gals who could kill Bess ( my buck )."
I say, "That won't be as easy as you think."
More laughter, go figure, I guess they were easily amused.
But at the statue floor, they begged that no one should break a statue, because "The foo lions are OP."
LOL, I almost called them "Chickens."
The team up died because one went afk and another was checking their backpack, for nearly ten minutes, I got tired of waiting and left.
Let's call them the "Arrogant PvE players(Because obviously these people can't/refuse to even try to actually PvP)"

I say this title because everyone(before they PvP) thinks their strategies are absolutely flawless, but it only takes like 2 matches to tell that you need to farm for quite awhile .

-Foo Lions OP for SBs? Do they even FS3? Bazaar gear claimed to be OP(even if they were, anyone can access them so would it even be OP?)? I just might die of laughter XD. If that scenario happened to me, I would have called them "Chickens"(And never Fort/Heal them, as I am always on my Privy when Moo running)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7646
Another positive personality ( and believe me, this one is as rare as phoenix feathers!)
The Magnanimous Player: When this player requested to drink the Elixir of Power, two of us in the team up supported his wish; only one refused. After much persuasion, he relented. ( I'm not going to post about this guy's personality, it was blend of many already presented - and I believe we've had enough of those. )
Then the protesting team mate went AFK on the sixth floor, we continued on hoping he would rejoin us - he didn't. I then offered the would be potion drinker that we could try to fight the Nef - 5 with just two; but he declined, saying, "I don't want to inconvenience my team mates."
This isn't the norm in the Tower, I've had Elixir users turn into nasty brats at this point, insisting on their "right" to use the elixir and that "It's easy to fight the Nef-5" The rest of us then have 2 choices - give up our time spent in the tower and start over, or do as they desire.
On 6 occasions, I've done this as a swashbuckler and my friends it's NOT easy, even with doubloons.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7646
Silver Angel on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
Wonder how these people (in general, not just those from last post) would react if you told them:

"You, my friend, will be featured on the official boards"
You notice that I mention NO names. Besides so many of them don't read the message boards and they have no idea that there's an official sounding board ( they get most of their information via Central and while that's fine for gear and pet training - other information isn't well researched. Like that dratted Treasure Bath doubloon myth that continues to haunt me. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7646
Stormy Sam Templet... on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
Let's call them the "Arrogant PvE players(Because obviously these people can't/refuse to even try to actually PvP)"

I say this title because everyone(before they PvP) thinks their strategies are absolutely flawless, but it only takes like 2 matches to tell that you need to farm for quite awhile .

-Foo Lions OP for SBs? Do they even FS3? Bazaar gear claimed to be OP(even if they were, anyone can access them so would it even be OP?)? I just might die of laughter XD. If that scenario happened to me, I would have called them "Chickens"(And never Fort/Heal them, as I am always on my Privy when Moo running)
You're absolutely right about the PVE pre-PVP ( or in my personal experience it was. )
I never thought my strategy was flawless though, I would have said it was "sound" and I rated my skills at "competent".
It took two PVP champions to show me the error of my ways and one spent time advising me on my reset. He then told me to farm for a Fort, or Armor and Purge.
When I last fought both of them, they both said that they noticed a marked improvement; however, I'm not yet Champion material.

Gunner's Mate
Mar 04, 2012
288
anecorbie on Sep 21, 2015 wrote:
Yes, you met a variety of "Myth Believer": they are a complete pain in the you- know- where. If you ignore them and fight the battle in a tactical way, they blame you for their loss of Nef-5 drop.
Ice Wizards are low hitters? That's a surprise to me, one of my best friends is an Ice Wiz and I'm amazed at the damage she does with a Frost Giant.
I was surprised at that to I always think of ice as a super hitter I think it's just a rumor someone started to make them look bad at hitting when they are not and I know I'm off topic sorry anyways I didn't know there were players like that I mean I have heard that if you battle in a realm that has good luck you'll have good luck and I'm not saying that's true if anyone reads this but I didn't know that myth in the tower till that one thanks for telling about it

Gunner's Mate
Mar 04, 2012
288
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
I agree with you. My ice wizzy can do some serious slamming with that Frost Giant
If we ever meet and pvp remind me to be on your team and not the other lol

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
anecorbie on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
You notice that I mention NO names. Besides so many of them don't read the message boards and they have no idea that there's an official sounding board ( they get most of their information via Central and while that's fine for gear and pet training - other information isn't well researched. Like that dratted Treasure Bath doubloon myth that continues to haunt me. )
Yeah I know you mention no name, and I didnt mean you to.

I just thought it would be funny to know their reaction :P

And yeah those myth believers are annoying, they should read boards more... or start reading at all eh.

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
85
Have to post about an amazing run I just had.

Started out promising with 3 swashbucklers and a musketeer. Throughout the first several rooms one of the swashbucklers kept joining battle before we were able to get in the room and it was causing bad lags and glitches. We'd asked him a couple of times to please wait and he'd say he understood but then go charging into the next room anyway. It apparently made one of the guys mad because he up and left as soon as it happened again.

So now it's three of us and we get to the Nefarious room. The guy who kept running in early just POOFED away as soon as we joined battle. It explains his earlier trollish behavior.

It's my swashbuckler with the musketeer who's given me permission to use his character name of Wicked Bart Mitchell. We both admit that we never flee the tower AND that none of our pirates have ever drank the potion because it seems so tricksy which I thought was a neat coincidence. So we settle in for the craziness we know is about to happen.

I wish I knew how to record battles because it was pretty epic. We took out the swashbuckler and buccaneer pirates easily and then jinxed ourselves by talking about how well it was going. Next thing you know I'm charmed and both of our companions are dead. The charm wears off and I'm ready to start knocking some heads with him and Ben takes me out immediately.

Now this guy is all by himself against the witch and all her summons, the privateer and all her group heals and charms and the musketeer which you don't ever want to go up against if you're a musketeer yourself. I can't even tell you how many rounds went by where he used doubloons like crazy and every buff he could think of trying to lure them over to his corner where he was behind a bomb fortress. He'd gone through every ability he had except for his shots which couldn't reach them anyway because they were crowded around me with my bobbing head in the opposite corner.

To be continued---character limit

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
85
Continued.....

All of his summons keep getting charmed and every time we thought it couldn't possibly get any worse, it sure enough did. I felt horrible that I couldn't help but it was kind of amazing to just sit and watch it play out.

Long story not so short, he works his way through them one by one, Faye is the last to die, his heart rate was elevated and he single-handedly saved the tower from being a total loss for us. I tried to get him to take some of my doubloons since he had to go through so many of his but he graciously declined. We figured there was no point in stopping after that debacle so we continued on, defeated Moo and didn't get a darn thing in either boss room for our troubles.

All that to say, for every 10 or so awful runs with trolls and loud mouths, you might wind up with one heck of a neat experience with an awesome player. And if you see Wicked Bart Mitchell hanging around the Paths of Penance, he'd be a lovely addition to any tower run.

Thrifty Tiffany Webb
Fearless Fallon Webb
Black Bailey Webb
Salty Sonia Webb
Virtuous Vanessa Webb
Reckless Reed Webb