Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Those Beautiful Bears!

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Bears from the Grizzly Beast pack are stunning, the detail is amazing, and the animations are WOW
I don't have one yet, but I've seen a few with my friends. KI, were the artists influenced by ancient Irish/Scottish art & culture? The zoomorphic designs remind me of the Lindisfarne Bible as well as objects from the Sutton Hoo burial ( early Anglo Saxon ).
Anyway, beautiful characters, and I hope to get one someday!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I agree they be great just great I say.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 15, 2014 wrote:
The Bears from the Grizzly Beast pack are stunning, the detail is amazing, and the animations are WOW
I don't have one yet, but I've seen a few with my friends. KI, were the artists influenced by ancient Irish/Scottish art & culture? The zoomorphic designs remind me of the Lindisfarne Bible as well as objects from the Sutton Hoo burial ( early Anglo Saxon ).
Anyway, beautiful characters, and I hope to get one someday!
Me while reading your post: What???? I don't know what those historical thingamabobs are...

But yes, I love, love, LOVE the new bears! All of them are great, and the Witchdoctor is my favorite. I am head patting and tummy rubbing in hopes that I will eventually recruit one!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
Me while reading your post: What???? I don't know what those historical thingamabobs are...

But yes, I love, love, LOVE the new bears! All of them are great, and the Witchdoctor is my favorite. I am head patting and tummy rubbing in hopes that I will eventually recruit one!
Art History 101 You have the internet at your finger tips, look it up, it's well worth it. Not sure about my spelling of 'Lindisfarne' but I know I got zoomorphic & Sutton Hoo right ( you don't forget a name like that, right? )

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
"Lindisfarne" is correct - look for the "Lindisfarne Gospel". Well worth doing a search for. It and the Book of Kells are two of the most famous Celtic illuminated manuscripts.

-Indigo

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I agree those bear companions are amazing in looks and powers.

I was lucky to open a pack that contained a bear companion,trained it well. I guess that was my lucky day,on that time. It was the one with the hammer,witch was cool.