This....Is....SPARTICUS!!! Jack has 1000 Yars!!!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Marauders, pirates and scallywags of all classes...lend me your hooks! OUCH, OUCH, OOH, EEH, OWEE! Ok...OK...no more hooks-- lend me your patches!

I am here to tell of great news concerning our dear friend Jack Nightingale-- he now has reached the impressive milestone of 1000 YARS!!! And might I say that all but one of those yars was deserved! I kid, I kid.

Jack my friend, congratulations on reaching 1000-- you have been a fantastic addition to the boards, the game and to all of your piratin' friends. We appreciate all of your funny, helpful and informative offerings and are so glad you came to join us here as a Marauder. I love reading so much of what you post and so many times I come away with a huge smile or am laughing like a pack of hyenas at a Ratbeard vs. Romba Comedic Cook-Off.

So, long live Monty Python and our good friend Jack--

For he's a Jolly good Roger, he's a Jolly good Roger,
He's a Jolly good Roger, which nobody can divide!

Now raise your goblet of Yum and give ol' Jack boy some marauder love!

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
111
Congrats Sparticus! You really do deserve every single one of those yars! Thanks Sparticus for being a part of the message board family!

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson

" 1000 cheers for Sparticus"

Commodore
May 30, 2010
863
Congrats, Jack! That's quite a milestone.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5752
Yarrr, to a very good pirate captain who has a thing for golden chickens! Can't hate a guy who loves chickens ( with the exception of General Tso! )
With a cluck, cluck here
and a cluck, cluck there,
Cap'n Jack has a hotel for chickens,
Eieioooo!

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
163
This is a happy time for the pirates of the message boards. Lots and lots of milestones :) Well, it is Arrrgust after all! Congratulations jack! YARRR!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
284
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
Marauders, pirates and scallywags of all classes...lend me your hooks! OUCH, OUCH, OOH, EEH, OWEE! Ok...OK...no more hooks-- lend me your patches!

I am here to tell of great news concerning our dear friend Jack Nightingale-- he now has reached the impressive milestone of 1000 YARS!!! And might I say that all but one of those yars was deserved! I kid, I kid.

Jack my friend, congratulations on reaching 1000-- you have been a fantastic addition to the boards, the game and to all of your piratin' friends. We appreciate all of your funny, helpful and informative offerings and are so glad you came to join us here as a Marauder. I love reading so much of what you post and so many times I come away with a huge smile or am laughing like a pack of hyenas at a Ratbeard vs. Romba Comedic Cook-Off.

So, long live Monty Python and our good friend Jack--

For he's a Jolly good Roger, he's a Jolly good Roger,
He's a Jolly good Roger, which nobody can divide!

Now raise your goblet of Yum and give ol' Jack boy some marauder love!
"I dunno, this is startin' ta get dangerous, waking the Cap'n an' all."
"Don't worry, I do this all the time. Um... you go first."
"I and I will go. Cap'n, you must awaken. Captain? He does not respond."
"Waits a minute, these are just bundled up sheets! He ain't here! The Cap'n's flown the coop!"
"He's getting cleverer than we thought. Check under the bed, well... er... hammock."
"Nope, nought here. Is he hidin' somewhere in here?"
"Check the ship. Maybe he's just sleeping in the hold or somewhere."
(Later)
"Where can he be? Here we have a question for 'im and he can't be found."
"Just like him to break a pattern when we gets used ta it."
"Maybe we can act like him and come up with an idea of our own."
"But it's for another Captain. It wouldn't be right for us to do something in the Captain's name."
"Why not, he makes us do the dirty work anyway."
"I and I sense no evil spirits about, so there is no foul play."
"Mormo could have told you that."
"Have I ever told you guys my father is..."
"YES!"
"OK, let's take this calmly. No Captain, so we have to do this ourselves. Deep breaths everyone. Exhale. Now, next time remind me never to ask that again. Who had the deep fried garlic squid with jalapenos?"
"It's a little bland until you add tabasco."
"I'll open the porthole and let in some fresh air, I think the Captain may object to this stench."
"I'll have you know I took a bath just last month."
"Actually I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about him."
"Me?"
"You."
"I had a bath two month ago, after I fell in the crab pen."
"Guys, back to the subject at hand."
"What was it again?"
"So my dear mouse, It is time for..."
"NO! It isn't. I'm begining to understand the Captain's reluctance to deal with these situations."
"Why's that?"
"Oh, I dunno. Do ya think we could hire some entertainment?"
"With what money? We never makes none piratin'."
"The Gilbert and Sullivan Society doesn't want us ta sing."
"The ballet union won't let us dance after the Gallo Loco incident."
"And I suppose you're going ta blame me fer that. It was 'er that got the costumes mixed up."
"What's going on down here? What's that awful smell?"
"Let's not start that again. Captain! Where've ya been?"
"I had some shopping to do. I heard Jack Nightingale passed a Yar barrier, so I thought he'd like something nice."
"So can we see it?"
"I'm not sure, it's kind of fragile. Be careful now. Look out! Don't drop it!! Now look what you've done!"
"Sorry, Cap'n. It was 'is fault."
"Was not, I was clear across the room."
"How do all you guys fit in here anyway? This is like a Marx Brothers sketch. Now what? Here I was, ahead of the game for once. As punishment, you guys come up with an idea."
"We could..."
"Done that."
"How about..."
"Done that too."
"All right, all right, we'll keep it simple. Not very original but we're running out of room down here."
"Does we have ta dress up fancy like?"
"I don' think so. A-one, a-two..."

"YAY JACK!!!"

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
814
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
Marauders, pirates and scallywags of all classes...lend me your hooks! OUCH, OUCH, OOH, EEH, OWEE! Ok...OK...no more hooks-- lend me your patches!

I am here to tell of great news concerning our dear friend Jack Nightingale-- he now has reached the impressive milestone of 1000 YARS!!! And might I say that all but one of those yars was deserved! I kid, I kid.

Jack my friend, congratulations on reaching 1000-- you have been a fantastic addition to the boards, the game and to all of your piratin' friends. We appreciate all of your funny, helpful and informative offerings and are so glad you came to join us here as a Marauder. I love reading so much of what you post and so many times I come away with a huge smile or am laughing like a pack of hyenas at a Ratbeard vs. Romba Comedic Cook-Off.

So, long live Monty Python and our good friend Jack--

For he's a Jolly good Roger, he's a Jolly good Roger,
He's a Jolly good Roger, which nobody can divide!

Now raise your goblet of Yum and give ol' Jack boy some marauder love!
Oh, I say, Jack, pip pip, good show on the yars, ol'bean, eh, wot wot.
Your posts are great Jack, and truly deserving of those yars, I hope that you never decide to switch to something entirely different.

(And Valkoor, I'd be careful with those puns, you never know when a fish wielding knight is clanking up behind you.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
I couldn't have said it better myself. Well done Valkoor.
Major, super, yum packed congratulations to you Jack. You have worked really hard to be a whirlwind of a giggle & information packed posting Marauder that has enriched all our lives. Thank you and well done from the bottom of my piratical heart.

Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
52
Congrats mate! You are, in the words of my young sister, the bomb.com!

~Gibbsie

Commodore
Jul 07, 2013
962
Is everybody who posts on this board considered a part of that group? Is this not a independent board belonging to KingsIsle Entertainment? Or as it been taken over? I'm confused.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
586
This calls for a celebration, what a great achievement Jacky boy has done if I say, truly an honor to this veteran marauder on these boards... hahahaha well done mate well done.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
304
WOW! That is pretty impressive Jack! You deserve a congratulations! (holds up goblet of Yum)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
DuranteRamses87 on Aug 17, 2014 wrote:
Is everybody who posts on this board considered a part of that group? Is this not a independent board belonging to KingsIsle Entertainment? Or as it been taken over? I'm confused.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
We be pirates Dante, therefore we are not bound by governing laws or independent boundaries. What's there for the taken-- shall be tooken! Kingsisle has not once whispered the dreadful word parley or on these here boards, so we the pirates shall plunder and post and take claim to the spoils of words and pleasant messaging. Every pirate, whether dreadful or dreadlocked, deserves the right to be praised.

We be Message Board Marauders and here we stand together!

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
163
Sam Underhill on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
"I dunno, this is startin' ta get dangerous, waking the Cap'n an' all."
"Don't worry, I do this all the time. Um... you go first."
"I and I will go. Cap'n, you must awaken. Captain? He does not respond."
"Waits a minute, these are just bundled up sheets! He ain't here! The Cap'n's flown the coop!"
"He's getting cleverer than we thought. Check under the bed, well... er... hammock."
"Nope, nought here. Is he hidin' somewhere in here?"
"Check the ship. Maybe he's just sleeping in the hold or somewhere."
(Later)
"Where can he be? Here we have a question for 'im and he can't be found."
"Just like him to break a pattern when we gets used ta it."
"Maybe we can act like him and come up with an idea of our own."
"But it's for another Captain. It wouldn't be right for us to do something in the Captain's name."
"Why not, he makes us do the dirty work anyway."
"I and I sense no evil spirits about, so there is no foul play."
"Mormo could have told you that."
"Have I ever told you guys my father is..."
"YES!"
"OK, let's take this calmly. No Captain, so we have to do this ourselves. Deep breaths everyone. Exhale. Now, next time remind me never to ask that again. Who had the deep fried garlic squid with jalapenos?"
"It's a little bland until you add tabasco."
"I'll open the porthole and let in some fresh air, I think the Captain may object to this stench."
"I'll have you know I took a bath just last month."
"Actually I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about him."
"Me?"
"You."
"I had a bath two month ago, after I fell in the crab pen."
"Guys, back to the subject at hand."
"What was it again?"
"So my dear mouse, It is time for..."
"NO! It isn't. I'm begining to understand the Captain's reluctance to deal with these situations."
"Why's that?"
"Oh, I dunno. Do ya think we could hire some entertainment?"
"With what money? We never makes none piratin'."
"The Gilbert and Sullivan Society doesn't want us ta sing."
"The ballet union won't let us dance after the Gallo Loco incident."
"And I suppose you're going ta blame me fer that. It was 'er that got the costumes mixed up."
"What's going on down here? What's that awful smell?"
"Let's not start that again. Captain! Where've ya been?"
"I had some shopping to do. I heard Jack Nightingale passed a Yar barrier, so I thought he'd like something nice."
"So can we see it?"
"I'm not sure, it's kind of fragile. Be careful now. Look out! Don't drop it!! Now look what you've done!"
"Sorry, Cap'n. It was 'is fault."
"Was not, I was clear across the room."
"How do all you guys fit in here anyway? This is like a Marx Brothers sketch. Now what? Here I was, ahead of the game for once. As punishment, you guys come up with an idea."
"We could..."
"Done that."
"How about..."
"Done that too."
"All right, all right, we'll keep it simple. Not very original but we're running out of room down here."
"Does we have ta dress up fancy like?"
"I don' think so. A-one, a-two..."

"YAY JACK!!!"
Funny stuff, Sam. It was nice to meet you in the test realm! Anyways, will there be a party for Jack? We could combine it with the farewell to summer party.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
sorry about the late replies, i just came back from a long trip down to home and its 2:00 am. but thank you all! each one of you deserve the yars as much as i do. thank you for the congratulations on my milestone! i raise my glass of yum to all of you and i have made brownies for this event. i made sure to tape ratbeards mouth shut and tie his hands together so he cant get them. brownies to all! again thank you for the kind words

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
ChrisTheSwashy on Aug 17, 2014 wrote:
Funny stuff, Sam. It was nice to meet you in the test realm! Anyways, will there be a party for Jack? We could combine it with the farewell to summer party.
ya lets do that! ill ask first though to see if we can

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
637
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
Marauders, pirates and scallywags of all classes...lend me your hooks! OUCH, OUCH, OOH, EEH, OWEE! Ok...OK...no more hooks-- lend me your patches!

I am here to tell of great news concerning our dear friend Jack Nightingale-- he now has reached the impressive milestone of 1000 YARS!!! And might I say that all but one of those yars was deserved! I kid, I kid.

Jack my friend, congratulations on reaching 1000-- you have been a fantastic addition to the boards, the game and to all of your piratin' friends. We appreciate all of your funny, helpful and informative offerings and are so glad you came to join us here as a Marauder. I love reading so much of what you post and so many times I come away with a huge smile or am laughing like a pack of hyenas at a Ratbeard vs. Romba Comedic Cook-Off.

So, long live Monty Python and our good friend Jack--

For he's a Jolly good Roger, he's a Jolly good Roger,
He's a Jolly good Roger, which nobody can divide!

Now raise your goblet of Yum and give ol' Jack boy some marauder love!
Congrats, mate! x Brings forty gallons of yum for jack x This ought to last you a while, lets all give a big hand to Jack for reaching 1000 yars! Woo hoo!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
we cant mix it with the summer party, but if you really want one you can make one

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
814
ChrisTheSwashy on Aug 17, 2014 wrote:
Funny stuff, Sam. It was nice to meet you in the test realm! Anyways, will there be a party for Jack? We could combine it with the farewell to summer party.
Again, congrats to Jack for getting 1000 yars.

But no, we will not combine a celebration party for Jack with the Farewell to Summer Party.
Before anybody gets upset, please let me explain my reasoning.

May parties have never been for a specific player, and they never will be for a specific player. I much prefer that my parties be simply based around calendar events, such as Christmas, New Years, the start of spring or the end of summer.

See, really with all the members who post on these boards, only a very few ever get their number of yars or posts recognised so publicly. Many, when they see the "congrats for x yars" posts feel left out when they themselves don't get one, and they feel even more left out when they don't get a party thrown for them.

No offense to anybody, but currently we have a congrats thread for Valkoor for 3k yars, a congrats thread for Jack for his 1000 yars, and two congrats threads for ChristheSwashy's 200 yars. And we also have a party planned for Valkoor's 3k yars. I feel that yes, something like Valkoor 3k yars, should have a party, but perhaps those of us who only have 1000 yars or less, should simply be happy that we have that number of yars.

Please don't think that I'm upset, I'm only using this as an example. I am currently almost 200 yars past the 1000 mark, yet I never had a party thrown for me, nor did I have any form of a congrats thread started. I only had two small posts where members gave their congrats as part of longer posts. I'm not asking for a party, or for a congrats thread, I am just happy looking over and seeing 1000+ yars below my name. But I can easily understand how others who get missed may feel. So again, in the interestes of not missing anybody, or having anybody feel left out, my Farewell to Summer Party will not be combined with any party for anybody. It is simply a lament for the end of summer (Last Rose of Summer?), not a celebration for any player's acheivement's on the boards.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
CdeWinter on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Again, congrats to Jack for getting 1000 yars.

But no, we will not combine a celebration party for Jack with the Farewell to Summer Party.
Before anybody gets upset, please let me explain my reasoning.

May parties have never been for a specific player, and they never will be for a specific player. I much prefer that my parties be simply based around calendar events, such as Christmas, New Years, the start of spring or the end of summer.

See, really with all the members who post on these boards, only a very few ever get their number of yars or posts recognised so publicly. Many, when they see the "congrats for x yars" posts feel left out when they themselves don't get one, and they feel even more left out when they don't get a party thrown for them.

No offense to anybody, but currently we have a congrats thread for Valkoor for 3k yars, a congrats thread for Jack for his 1000 yars, and two congrats threads for ChristheSwashy's 200 yars. And we also have a party planned for Valkoor's 3k yars. I feel that yes, something like Valkoor 3k yars, should have a party, but perhaps those of us who only have 1000 yars or less, should simply be happy that we have that number of yars.

Please don't think that I'm upset, I'm only using this as an example. I am currently almost 200 yars past the 1000 mark, yet I never had a party thrown for me, nor did I have any form of a congrats thread started. I only had two small posts where members gave their congrats as part of longer posts. I'm not asking for a party, or for a congrats thread, I am just happy looking over and seeing 1000+ yars below my name. But I can easily understand how others who get missed may feel. So again, in the interestes of not missing anybody, or having anybody feel left out, my Farewell to Summer Party will not be combined with any party for anybody. It is simply a lament for the end of summer (Last Rose of Summer?), not a celebration for any player's acheivement's on the boards.
Well said

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
163
CdeWinter on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Again, congrats to Jack for getting 1000 yars.

But no, we will not combine a celebration party for Jack with the Farewell to Summer Party.
Before anybody gets upset, please let me explain my reasoning.

May parties have never been for a specific player, and they never will be for a specific player. I much prefer that my parties be simply based around calendar events, such as Christmas, New Years, the start of spring or the end of summer.

See, really with all the members who post on these boards, only a very few ever get their number of yars or posts recognised so publicly. Many, when they see the "congrats for x yars" posts feel left out when they themselves don't get one, and they feel even more left out when they don't get a party thrown for them.

No offense to anybody, but currently we have a congrats thread for Valkoor for 3k yars, a congrats thread for Jack for his 1000 yars, and two congrats threads for ChristheSwashy's 200 yars. And we also have a party planned for Valkoor's 3k yars. I feel that yes, something like Valkoor 3k yars, should have a party, but perhaps those of us who only have 1000 yars or less, should simply be happy that we have that number of yars.

Please don't think that I'm upset, I'm only using this as an example. I am currently almost 200 yars past the 1000 mark, yet I never had a party thrown for me, nor did I have any form of a congrats thread started. I only had two small posts where members gave their congrats as part of longer posts. I'm not asking for a party, or for a congrats thread, I am just happy looking over and seeing 1000+ yars below my name. But I can easily understand how others who get missed may feel. So again, in the interestes of not missing anybody, or having anybody feel left out, my Farewell to Summer Party will not be combined with any party for anybody. It is simply a lament for the end of summer (Last Rose of Summer?), not a celebration for any player's acheivement's on the boards.
I can completely understand this. Congratulations on 1200 yars, sorry for not noticing it earlier!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Congratulations, Jack! May bunnicorns gambol merrily across the sands at your house. And just remember, the Armada are not your allies...

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Congratulations, Jack! May bunnicorns gambol merrily across the sands at your house. And just remember, the Armada are not your allies...
they gave me a cookie to be a spy, so i accepted. it was chocolate chip and i couldnt say no to that. my love of sugary sweets could get me in trouble one day. but who know?