this is it

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
well simply said, i'm leaving the boards forever. the only big reason is because i don't have time and probably never will. plus its no fun to me anymore. and today is my last day of membership. but i will still try and come to party's if i can. i'm staying on central because i can still talk to you guys if i cant get on plus there are threads on there to talk about. (not a member but still no problem) this is my choice and my choice alone, no one suggested it, pressured me or even mentioned the thought of it, this was all my idea and i decided i would do it. as my brain once thought up "once you pick a road in the path of life you stay on that road, you can try to go back but each step you take leads to a new road, thus further separating you from your past." basically saying i'm taking a new road, i can try to come back (it is possible not saying its happening but it is) but it will be a whole new experience, nothing will be the same, its like another world. ive had a long good run here and you cant say i haven't, i got 1000 yars which i'm proud of a good amount of posts and made allot of good friends. also i think its time for me to crawl out of my shell and go be social (ugh) and this will probably be the first step. (who said nerds had to be lonely? and btw i take the word "nerd" as a compliment. when you say that your admitting there smarter than you.) and this doesn't mean i'm quitting the game, i'll still play but whatever. really the only reason i would come back if it was my job but i'm studying to be a engineer so that's unlikely. but i will see you all in the spiral and i wish you all fair sailing weather.

-jack nightingale lvl 65 buccaneer

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
sparticus32 on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
well simply said, i'm leaving the boards forever. the only big reason is because i don't have time and probably never will. plus its no fun to me anymore. and today is my last day of membership. but i will still try and come to party's if i can. i'm staying on central because i can still talk to you guys if i cant get on plus there are threads on there to talk about. (not a member but still no problem) this is my choice and my choice alone, no one suggested it, pressured me or even mentioned the thought of it, this was all my idea and i decided i would do it. as my brain once thought up "once you pick a road in the path of life you stay on that road, you can try to go back but each step you take leads to a new road, thus further separating you from your past." basically saying i'm taking a new road, i can try to come back (it is possible not saying its happening but it is) but it will be a whole new experience, nothing will be the same, its like another world. ive had a long good run here and you cant say i haven't, i got 1000 yars which i'm proud of a good amount of posts and made allot of good friends. also i think its time for me to crawl out of my shell and go be social (ugh) and this will probably be the first step. (who said nerds had to be lonely? and btw i take the word "nerd" as a compliment. when you say that your admitting there smarter than you.) and this doesn't mean i'm quitting the game, i'll still play but whatever. really the only reason i would come back if it was my job but i'm studying to be a engineer so that's unlikely. but i will see you all in the spiral and i wish you all fair sailing weather.

-jack nightingale lvl 65 buccaneer
Before I burst into tears or something I would first like to say...

There's always a chance you may end up working in Kingsisle.

If you choose a path of Computer Engineering or Programming,or anything having to do with software,you could always become a Software Engineer

Responsibilities
  • Work individually and with a highly experienced team of developers in a creative, fast-paced environment
  • Collaborate with other programmers and with designers and artists
  • Create, test, debug, and maintain gameplay code as well as core systems
  • Requirements
  • Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or some form of Engineering
  • Verifiable proficiency with C++, Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
  • 3+ years of relevant experience
  • Good communication skills
  • Ability to work within assigned schedules
  • Preferences
  • Massively Multiplayer Online experience
  • Experience with Real-time and Multi-threaded environments
  • Network Programming
  • Knowledge of Linux, Windows, gcc, Visual Studio
  • Prior shipped game titles


  • Or you could choose to become a build engineer.
    Responsibilities
  • Maintain and add requested features to internal distributed build and deployment system
  • Work individually and with a highly experienced team of developers in a creative, fast-paced environment
  • Collaborate with other programmers, IT and QA personnel, and Producers
  • Requirements
  • Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
  • 3+ years of relevant experience
  • Verifiable proficiency with Linux/Mac/Windows shell scripting, PHP, HTML, JavaScript, Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
  • Knowledge of gcc, Visual Studio, XCode, C#, Java, C++, Ant, Make
  • Familiarity with CIFS/SMB, NFS, TCP/IP, DNS and troubleshooting basic network issues
  • Good communication skills
  • Ability to work within assigned schedules
  • Preferences
  • Experience with Distributed, Real-time and Multi-threaded environments
  • Working knowledge of RedHad/CentOS Linux and MySql tools and utilities
  • Experience with Unity3D

  • Which does requite a degree in Engineering,so you never know where you could end up.

    On the third hand(which I don't have for fairly obvious reasons),Bonnie Anne and One Eyed Jack may choose not to post this message.If it doesn't come up,I will just have to rewrite it in a less advertisy way.That is not a word,but it should be.Of course,those positions may(don't wanna say probably) will fill up at some point,but this does give you the gist of the whole thing.So you may even end up working at Kingsisle someday in a few years to a decade(I don't know how old you are).

    Then again,you may not even end up becoming an engineer.My engineering teacher used to want to become a librarian,and spent high school getting ready to do that.Then,when she made her way towards the end,she took Chemistry as an obligatory subject and passed most excellently in that.From that point on,she jumped into Physics and Engineering(all things chemical,are physical.)

    If this post doesn't make it,sorry to Jack and Bonnie for wasting their time.

    Bs and Gs

    Captain
    Dec 01, 2012
    607
    Now,as for the actual goodbye part,I will say that I am certainly not happy to see you leave.In fact,you've seen my reaction ingame.I am sad that I won't be able to farm with you,or run around the Spiral,whether on foot or on ship.Though,my perspective is tainted by subjectivity.I am grateful to have met you,for had it not been for Chrissy's miraculous interventions,I never would have.Nor would Chrissy's interventions have happened had it not been for Blind Mew day...but that's another story for another time.

    So...what is there I can say?Well,I said that it isn't as unlikely that you would make your way to Kingsisle,but that post may not have made it through.So,first I wanna say,that you're free to choose your own path,and that I am happy to see you ascend in this great and mysterious journey most of us know as Life.The fact that you are still maintaining old ties is still something I am very very happy to see.I hope to see you eavesdrop on conversations on Central,or bother me ingame(if I don't bother you first).

    I also wish to say that your priorities are spot on,and your focus on your schoolwork,your education,your career,and your destiny overall is brightening,and brilliant.If this place doesn't bring you as much joy as it did once before,then so be it,detach yourself from it alone,and remain close friends with all those who you once knew.This is nothing,for when I log on and see you ingame,I'll still ask the same questions,say the same things,do whatever it was we were doing just now.Your house is impressive with all that you have amassed and each one of those yarrs,showing only tiny specs of brilliant jokes,and helpful posts are worth a lot more than you would think.

    So,before I bid you farewell,and fair sailing,I would first like to say,Blessings and Giggles on the path that you are to lay.May you travel upon it wherever it may lead you,and best of luck to you.

    Again,Blessings and Giggles(in my previous post,that's what I meant by Bs and Gs)

    Commodore
    May 31, 2009
    801
    sparticus32 on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
    well simply said, i'm leaving the boards forever. the only big reason is because i don't have time and probably never will. plus its no fun to me anymore. and today is my last day of membership. but i will still try and come to party's if i can. i'm staying on central because i can still talk to you guys if i cant get on plus there are threads on there to talk about. (not a member but still no problem) this is my choice and my choice alone, no one suggested it, pressured me or even mentioned the thought of it, this was all my idea and i decided i would do it. as my brain once thought up "once you pick a road in the path of life you stay on that road, you can try to go back but each step you take leads to a new road, thus further separating you from your past." basically saying i'm taking a new road, i can try to come back (it is possible not saying its happening but it is) but it will be a whole new experience, nothing will be the same, its like another world. ive had a long good run here and you cant say i haven't, i got 1000 yars which i'm proud of a good amount of posts and made allot of good friends. also i think its time for me to crawl out of my shell and go be social (ugh) and this will probably be the first step. (who said nerds had to be lonely? and btw i take the word "nerd" as a compliment. when you say that your admitting there smarter than you.) and this doesn't mean i'm quitting the game, i'll still play but whatever. really the only reason i would come back if it was my job but i'm studying to be a engineer so that's unlikely. but i will see you all in the spiral and i wish you all fair sailing weather.

    -jack nightingale lvl 65 buccaneer
    I'll try to keep this from getting mushy, but *sniff* we're losing one of our greatest comedians! As Felix said, it is good that you focus on school and your future. I'm glad to hear that you'll be staying in game-- parties aren't parties without a certain Armada-ish Buccaneer roaming around. Besides, who else can I bother when I'm farming?

    I wish you the best of luck in your journey through life, Jack! Stay positive, keep moving forward, never give up, and seek the best that life has to offer.

    Fair skies and swift winds to ye! (As well as Blessings and Giggles!)

    -Misty

    "All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" -Gandalf the Grey

    Pirate Overlord
    Mar 10, 2009
    6079
    Well what Felix so eloquently said, and I don't just mean cause he loves to use my phrase.
    I think you are being wise and I wish you all what he said and fair sailing. You have created many wonderful memories here of which I have been privileged to be a part of many of them and I look forward to seeing you in game when your time allows. *Chrissy Hugs*

    Captain
    Jun 26, 2010
    586
    It saddens me to here this mate, but how am I to judge ye if this be the path ye choose to go then I wish ye the best of luck to ye, we'll miss ye very much mate.

    Deadeye Jack Morgan

    Commodore
    Jan 22, 2013
    846
    still have my membership for like 4 days but thank you all who have told me goodbye, who knows i may work at KI or i may not, it depends. but that doesn't necessarily mean ill post unless i get ratbeards job. and as the old saying goes "to be or not to be, that is the question" or my personal favorite "et tu Brutus" not necessarily relevant but whatever. see you guys in the distant future. and btw i still check the boards but mainly the tavern and circus Maximus (i don't know why i don't even care about hybrids \_o. o_/ ) but only real quick. okay well goodbye and thanks for the good times.

    Gunner's Mate
    Jun 22, 2011
    208
    "A frog in a well does not know the great sea" -Anonymous

    If you never explore, you won't know what's out there. I support you. Additionally, I will also support you if you decided to come back. You probably don't know me as well as some of the others here, but I've read your posts, and I have to say- you're freaking funny!

    "Everyone's path has a puddle. And maybe a few banana peels. And maybe some kid waiting to shoot you with a Nerf gun. The trick is avoiding them..." -Me

    Dread Pirate
    Jun 17, 2013
    2699
    Jack, my friend, I wish you all the happiness and success that any pirate dressed as an Armada elite deserves!

    It has been a great pleasure getting to know you and I truly admire the Phule in you-- which is exactly as it sounds, a great blending of fool and fuel! Whatever fuels you in the game and in life, embrace the wondrous fool that it helps you to become. One of the greatest and most inviting traits you possess, is your comedic quirkiness that conveys an enormous and unrelenting passion for life and a desire for unconventional greatness. Hold true to your uniqueness and to who you are, no matter how many naysayers you encounter, and you will be destined for brilliant adventures and discoveries that have no limits or boundaries.

    I have immensely enjoyed our Spiraling shenanigans and I look forward to continuing them anytime I see you in game. I don't frequent Central nearly as much these days, but please don't hesitate to stop in say, "Oiy", and let me know how you are fairing. Keep those coconuts clankin' and clunkin' and continue to enjoy life to the Phulest! And just remember....

    ......you are who you are, and that by Monty, is a glorious and wonderful thing! Stay happy and brilliant, you fantastic nerd! We'll all be rooting for you no matter which road you traverse down....or better yet, as you embark on blazing your own trails!

    Best wishes to you, Jack!

    Gunner's Mate
    Jul 08, 2013
    263
    sparticus32 on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
    well simply said, i'm leaving the boards forever. the only big reason is because i don't have time and probably never will. plus its no fun to me anymore. and today is my last day of membership. but i will still try and come to party's if i can. i'm staying on central because i can still talk to you guys if i cant get on plus there are threads on there to talk about. (not a member but still no problem) this is my choice and my choice alone, no one suggested it, pressured me or even mentioned the thought of it, this was all my idea and i decided i would do it. as my brain once thought up "once you pick a road in the path of life you stay on that road, you can try to go back but each step you take leads to a new road, thus further separating you from your past." basically saying i'm taking a new road, i can try to come back (it is possible not saying its happening but it is) but it will be a whole new experience, nothing will be the same, its like another world. ive had a long good run here and you cant say i haven't, i got 1000 yars which i'm proud of a good amount of posts and made allot of good friends. also i think its time for me to crawl out of my shell and go be social (ugh) and this will probably be the first step. (who said nerds had to be lonely? and btw i take the word "nerd" as a compliment. when you say that your admitting there smarter than you.) and this doesn't mean i'm quitting the game, i'll still play but whatever. really the only reason i would come back if it was my job but i'm studying to be a engineer so that's unlikely. but i will see you all in the spiral and i wish you all fair sailing weather.

    -jack nightingale lvl 65 buccaneer
    well dude i'm gonna miss you on here you were one of the craizest pirates i ever known and the first one i met i'm a bit sad that ur leaving but i won't try to talk you back into it i hope you have a good life and a great time at things lets hope the new road ur taking is the right road for ya fair sailing friend and have a good life!

    fearless talon lewis

    golden leo

    quick luke orne

    sean nightingale

    we'll miss you!

    Commodore
    Jan 22, 2013
    846
    thank you for respecting my decision guys, and i will miss you guys as much as you will miss me. i was going to throw a costume party the first Saturday before Halloween but as soon as i get my membership i will get back to you guys on that. but in the meantime we will have to wait. if you have any questions or suggestions on what we should do when it gets here tell me on central, most likely we will do it. i guess ill see you on there or in game.

    First Mate
    Dec 13, 2009
    409
    sparticus32 on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
    well simply said, i'm leaving the boards forever. the only big reason is because i don't have time and probably never will. plus its no fun to me anymore. and today is my last day of membership. but i will still try and come to party's if i can. i'm staying on central because i can still talk to you guys if i cant get on plus there are threads on there to talk about. (not a member but still no problem) this is my choice and my choice alone, no one suggested it, pressured me or even mentioned the thought of it, this was all my idea and i decided i would do it. as my brain once thought up "once you pick a road in the path of life you stay on that road, you can try to go back but each step you take leads to a new road, thus further separating you from your past." basically saying i'm taking a new road, i can try to come back (it is possible not saying its happening but it is) but it will be a whole new experience, nothing will be the same, its like another world. ive had a long good run here and you cant say i haven't, i got 1000 yars which i'm proud of a good amount of posts and made allot of good friends. also i think its time for me to crawl out of my shell and go be social (ugh) and this will probably be the first step. (who said nerds had to be lonely? and btw i take the word "nerd" as a compliment. when you say that your admitting there smarter than you.) and this doesn't mean i'm quitting the game, i'll still play but whatever. really the only reason i would come back if it was my job but i'm studying to be a engineer so that's unlikely. but i will see you all in the spiral and i wish you all fair sailing weather.

    -jack nightingale lvl 65 buccaneer
    Goodbye, Captain Sparticus! We will hold down the fort in your absence, and crush the enemy in your name should you not return. You will be greatly missed by our soldiers, and your leaving is of great relief to the Armada, but this should not trouble you. I salute you, Captain, may your path be safe, wherever it takes you.

    Wait, what? Captain Sparticus is a pirate? Why didn't anyone tell me he wasn't military?
    Oh well. Goodbye.

    Commodore
    Jan 22, 2013
    846
    Kai Alcott on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
    Goodbye, Captain Sparticus! We will hold down the fort in your absence, and crush the enemy in your name should you not return. You will be greatly missed by our soldiers, and your leaving is of great relief to the Armada, but this should not trouble you. I salute you, Captain, may your path be safe, wherever it takes you.

    Wait, what? Captain Sparticus is a pirate? Why didn't anyone tell me he wasn't military?
    Oh well. Goodbye.
    goodbye kai, you never know, our pirate republic could one day have a army. and who says i wont be in it. i will still fight the armada but as a lone watermole. i salute you to and wish you guys safe travels in these dangerous skyways helping out those in need and fighting bad guys along the way. and i'm in the royal navy which is a part of the military so in a way you were right. may you all blast the armada out of the skyway (and a few monkeys to)

    Captain
    Jan 17, 2013
    637
    sparticus32 on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
    well simply said, i'm leaving the boards forever. the only big reason is because i don't have time and probably never will. plus its no fun to me anymore. and today is my last day of membership. but i will still try and come to party's if i can. i'm staying on central because i can still talk to you guys if i cant get on plus there are threads on there to talk about. (not a member but still no problem) this is my choice and my choice alone, no one suggested it, pressured me or even mentioned the thought of it, this was all my idea and i decided i would do it. as my brain once thought up "once you pick a road in the path of life you stay on that road, you can try to go back but each step you take leads to a new road, thus further separating you from your past." basically saying i'm taking a new road, i can try to come back (it is possible not saying its happening but it is) but it will be a whole new experience, nothing will be the same, its like another world. ive had a long good run here and you cant say i haven't, i got 1000 yars which i'm proud of a good amount of posts and made allot of good friends. also i think its time for me to crawl out of my shell and go be social (ugh) and this will probably be the first step. (who said nerds had to be lonely? and btw i take the word "nerd" as a compliment. when you say that your admitting there smarter than you.) and this doesn't mean i'm quitting the game, i'll still play but whatever. really the only reason i would come back if it was my job but i'm studying to be a engineer so that's unlikely. but i will see you all in the spiral and i wish you all fair sailing weather.

    -jack nightingale lvl 65 buccaneer
    Im... Im... Bbbbut... Bbbbuuttt.... Sorry im a lil late on posting. But... ...Why... Ok Jack, this is your choice weather to leave or not, but may i just say, the boards will not be the same without you. and i hope you will be back sometime in the future, but this, what im about to say, is the complete truth. The boards are incomplete without you. we will all miss you dearly and i hope that you one day return, i will also say hi every once in a while on central, but a hope to see you soon and the boards are not the same without you. so now, for the last time, i say, happy sailing friend, may fair winds drive your sails to take you to better places, farewell. (Wow! I never knew i could right something so touching! I almost made myself cry. lol)

    Commodore
    Jan 22, 2013
    846
    fearless robert sp... on Oct 19, 2014 wrote:
    Im... Im... Bbbbut... Bbbbuuttt.... Sorry im a lil late on posting. But... ...Why... Ok Jack, this is your choice weather to leave or not, but may i just say, the boards will not be the same without you. and i hope you will be back sometime in the future, but this, what im about to say, is the complete truth. The boards are incomplete without you. we will all miss you dearly and i hope that you one day return, i will also say hi every once in a while on central, but a hope to see you soon and the boards are not the same without you. so now, for the last time, i say, happy sailing friend, may fair winds drive your sails to take you to better places, farewell. (Wow! I never knew i could right something so touching! I almost made myself cry. lol)
    its okay, they might not but this choice is probably for the better. there might be a little hole in place of where i left in our group but in time it will pass, new people are coming all the time so pretty soon the hole will be filled. i will miss you guys to and will miss the fun times we have had and i will hold them close, and i look forward to your occasional greetings on central. and that was quite touching, you could tell that was from you heart. fair sailing to you to and try to steer better than me (142 times being sued for ship and cargo damage and counting oh and that one time i completely destroyed the skull island docks, i blame ratbeard*) may the drop gods be nice to you

    -jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

    *no people were harmed in the making of the dock crash...except a rat, i didn't say animals did i?)