Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

There is something fishy going on... very fishy...

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
One day Catbeard came to me as I was decorating me glitch house. He said he smelt something fishy, and I then pointed out it was his breath. Not satisfied with this remark, Catbeard urged me to come instantly. So we boared my eagle galleon. He took me to his own secret agency, the FPI (Furry Pirate Investagtions). Ratbeard was there too. Anyways I realised some weird stuff going on here... Over here I met Jack Russel and some Marleybone commanders. They were from the CIA (Canine Investigation Agency), and they also decided to help. We then noticed this:

1.) The bazaar may sell goods more expensive than a price from another vendor. So there is this decorated gate I saw, it was $15 000 in the bazaar. However in the crown shop it is worth $10 000. A poor player who can't know the difference is losing $5000. Ok its not much but still... Harvey Deuce is making more than he should get... I am afraid I dont accept this theory of 'business' even if it is a 'logical' way (as a bazaar operates) to make more money.

2.) Ah... training a companion's stats... ...Must we be forced to train bad stats? Why not skip it and use it later? I do not want to train el toro with some Will boost, only to reset it later for an expensive fee. And that too, it may require many resets just because of this... Reseting around 20 companions... pretty expensive aint' it? Or is there some way to skip training a stat, that I am not aware off...

3.) False Accusations of ripping the curt- wait nevermind, thats Catbeards problem...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Loved this! However:

#1 Harvey Deuce is following that good ol' supply vs demand. Low supply + high demand = high prices
high supply + low demand = low prices. The more he has of a unit the less the prices are. The more unique an item, then it's more expensive.

#2 I don't understand where you're going here, forgo training? What about leveling El Toro?

Can't help you with Catbeard, it's ingrained ( don't get me started on what he did to the venetian blinds....)

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
Loved this! However:

#1 Harvey Deuce is following that good ol' supply vs demand. Low supply + high demand = high prices
high supply + low demand = low prices. The more he has of a unit the less the prices are. The more unique an item, then it's more expensive.

#2 I don't understand where you're going here, forgo training? What about leveling El Toro?

Can't help you with Catbeard, it's ingrained ( don't get me started on what he did to the venetian blinds....)
Here's a clear up of #2.

When you first train a companion, they can only select talents up to a certain rank. Using Golden Guardian's example, El Toro at his first tier (Masked Hero) can only train talents up to rank 3. (Agile 3, Armored 3, etc.) After training the desired talents up to their highest available rank (say Dodgy 3, Accurate 3, Agile 3, Damage 3), El Toro still has some left over talents that he has to train in order for Golden Guardian to level El Toro up. In order to use training tomes on El Toro again, he would have to pick some other talent, like Spirited. Then, he can use training tomes on Toro, level him up, and promote him to his second tier, Masked Champion. As Masked Champion, El Toro can have rank 4 talents, such as Agile 4. Golden Guardian would then have to reset El Toro to train those rank 4 talents, and get rid of Spirited (which is a bit useless on El Toro).

I hope this helped clear some things up. (I'm not very good with explaining things with words...)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Quick Pearl on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
Here's a clear up of #2.

When you first train a companion, they can only select talents up to a certain rank. Using Golden Guardian's example, El Toro at his first tier (Masked Hero) can only train talents up to rank 3. (Agile 3, Armored 3, etc.) After training the desired talents up to their highest available rank (say Dodgy 3, Accurate 3, Agile 3, Damage 3), El Toro still has some left over talents that he has to train in order for Golden Guardian to level El Toro up. In order to use training tomes on El Toro again, he would have to pick some other talent, like Spirited. Then, he can use training tomes on Toro, level him up, and promote him to his second tier, Masked Champion. As Masked Champion, El Toro can have rank 4 talents, such as Agile 4. Golden Guardian would then have to reset El Toro to train those rank 4 talents, and get rid of Spirited (which is a bit useless on El Toro).

I hope this helped clear some things up. (I'm not very good with explaining things with words...)
You did, thank you and it helps me a lot!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 13, 2010
Quick Pearl on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
Here's a clear up of #2.

Well, you're only talking about offensive. El Toro needs Will to defend against witchdoctors. So no talent is really "useless". Every talent has either offensive or defensive capabilities. Except for a few, aka Accurate and Rough. They are only offensive. Same with Armored and Lucky/Resistant. (Whatever talent increases resistance.) They are only defensive, along with Dodgy.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
GBalance101 on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
Well, you're only talking about offensive. El Toro needs Will to defend against witchdoctors. So no talent is really "useless". Every talent has either offensive or defensive capabilities. Except for a few, aka Accurate and Rough. They are only offensive. Same with Armored and Lucky/Resistant. (Whatever talent increases resistance.) They are only defensive, along with Dodgy.
I was not trying to say what talents are the best talents to train, I was just using it as an example. And take note how I said "a bit" useless. (Not completely useless. )