Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Theory: Captain Avery is Kane

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Blind Mew on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Like many men of the 17th and 18th centuries, he wears a wig.
A wig, yes. But then again, so does just about everybody in the armada! However, I personally see it as more likely that Avery is the toymaker. Because, when you think about it, Avery has a number of side quests he takes a part in. So if he revealed himself to be the leader of the armada, he would have to disappear from Avery's Court... which, let's face it, would be a pretty bad idea. But anyways, on the sidequests, if he was gone we would be talking to thin air whenever we spoke to him. Anyways, I feel like he could most definitely be the toymaker, hiding out on SI with all of the other rogues who the armada pursues. Obviously, if he's trying to send out a message telling people he can help them destroy Kane and the armada. And, as we can tell, Avery wants us to do that to... and he also wants to get to El Dorado. So what if we're just tools for yet another power of the spiral who wants to get to the island of gold?

And why are there so many greedy people?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
A wig, yes. But then again, so does just about everybody in the armada! However, I personally see it as more likely that Avery is the toymaker. Because, when you think about it, Avery has a number of side quests he takes a part in. So if he revealed himself to be the leader of the armada, he would have to disappear from Avery's Court... which, let's face it, would be a pretty bad idea. But anyways, on the sidequests, if he was gone we would be talking to thin air whenever we spoke to him. Anyways, I feel like he could most definitely be the toymaker, hiding out on SI with all of the other rogues who the armada pursues. Obviously, if he's trying to send out a message telling people he can help them destroy Kane and the armada. And, as we can tell, Avery wants us to do that to... and he also wants to get to El Dorado. So what if we're just tools for yet another power of the spiral who wants to get to the island of gold?

And why are there so many greedy people?
The Toymaker tells us to find him in Valencia, to seek out Cagliostro. Avery is Avery and no one else.

Ensign
Nov 03, 2012
Sh4rpBlade15 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
Hello all, I'm here to share my theory that Captain Avery is Kane in disguise. I know, I know, it sounds crazy. But let's look at some facts.

First off, watch the first Armada puppet show over again. Notice Kane's hat. Now look at Captain Avery's hat. Small detail, but looks legit.
Second, notice Avery's first "gift" to you. A raft. I mean, he's a pirate, sure, but you did something big for him and he gives you a raft. I mean, come on! At least give us a skiff.
Then he sends you into Monquista to set up trade, but it seems like he would have known that the crown and government would be "challenged" for lack of a better term.
He also knows quite a bit about the Armada, considering the fact that he never leaves his house.

I know, I don't have many facts or evidence, but frankly, I think my Theory could be true. Then again, maybe some storyline I missed is in place, as my highest level is 23... but, from what I've seen, it could be true.
You have some good points Sh4rpBlade15 but, i don't think he's Kane

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Maybe he is not Kane but I bet he knows who the puppet master is. Are the armada a hive mind like the Borg in Star Trek?

-"Definitely NOT Swedish....."

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
If in the puppet show, it says Kane is stronger, smarter, and faster than any LIVING being, our character can't fight him(unless we make another trade with mother spider). does that mean our parents are going to fight him with our undead companions?