Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Theories about why KI's taking so long to update!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
26
Hello, Pirates,

As many of us are, I am a Pirate 101 veteran, I've been playing this game for a long time. We've all been waiting for an update for over two years, but it just doesn't seem to arrive. Here's my opinions on what might be happening.

My first theory is that they might be creating or releasing a world not before seen in Wizard or Pirate 101, and a massive storyline update on top of it. For instance, El Dorado was not seen in either, and El Dorado is our hopeful ending to the game. They could be finishing the game off in this update, and finally getting us to El Dorado. Something like El Dorado would take a LONG time to create, I assume.

They obviously have to add on to Valencia. At the current end of the game, there are definitely some hints that they will be adding more Valencia.

Another thing to note is the suspiciously empty stormgates throughout the spiral. Not to mention a few rather suspicious worlds inside stormgates.

In addition to all this evidence already stacking up, a possibility is we could be going to Albion.

So far the biggest true evidence I've seen at the moment is that we could be going to Grizzleheim. The fairly recent addition of the Grizzly Beast Booster Pack in the crown shop, and the Grizzleheim based companions you can get from it is stacking up fast.

Now, when you really think about it, I think KI is doing small updates for now to make the big updates possible. And nobody ever said only one of these theories is true! Several of them could be seen. I know we've been waiting a long time for an update, but I hope this thread will help the community see hope in this game. I would truly hate for this game to stop here at such a brief halt. It's taken me about two years to finish the game, and I ain't stopping now.

Hope this regains our hope,
-Shipbound
Eager Sloan Neasmith, Level 65 Musketeer

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
You may be mistaken on some things, but I may fill you in.

1st, KI had some problems trying to keep W101 & P101 players happy with two separate teams that worked on the game, so they made their decision to make the MMO Live Team to make the best of both worlds & more, & by far, the results are magnificent.

2nd, Professor Falmea, while thrilled to show us what KI has in store in P101 for a while, is not yet ready to speak about that. Once everything's set, they will say more.

& last, reaching El Dorado is not the game's end. Just only the 1st major story arc's end. Blind Mew said they may be planning the 2nd major story arc as the 1st arc gets to it's conclusion. There will always be more new nautical adventures to look forward to.

Does this clear something up?

Ensign
Apr 28, 2010
5
The game will never have a ending, thats what makes the games more playable.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
242
Wish you were right / but there is still no real evidence of an actual update. To this point it is all conjecture on the part of the players. No member of KI has actually said that a new world is coming, nor has anyone stated that they are going to continue the story line. They say something is coming but is could be just another gap stop filler like MOO was.

As to the empty storm gates - I am sure that as a long term player you will remember that they have been there for the 2+ years that we have been waiting.
Also the Beast Booster pack has been out for over a year now- that is not exactly recent is it.

The only true hope that a lot of players have anymore is gone - so so many of the long term players have left.
I have a full list of friends and of those 200 characters I only see 3 of them online any more.

Ensign
Feb 06, 2016
49
2 major games to work on, and developing a new world takes an insane amount of time, for obvious reasons (voice actors, models, companions, powers, gear, music etc)

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
162
The only thing we could be sure about is that this update must be huge for it to be taking this long. The only other explanation I could see would be if they've gotten stuck in a few potholes along the road. I know I speak for everyone in saying it's been real tough time trying to maintain patience; at this point I've resorted to investing in my wizard again. I really just hope that the teaser image of that peg-legged pirate is a hint to the storyline otherwise I fear the only response will be a chorus of frustrated sighing. Any new content is nice but it's only good when it can be enjoyed properly.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
26
Thanks for all the feedback. As I said this is only a theory, but who knows..

It's hard to believe that after all this time, they will only give us something small. If an update is coming after this long, it's going to be massive.. I hope. I will always have faith in the KI team, the game that's entertained me for so long and will continue to entertain me for years to come :) I know KI is capable of it, I know they're working hard, and I hope they give us something big.

Petty Officer
Sep 17, 2011
72
Eelarc on Mar 4, 2016 wrote:
2 major games to work on, and developing a new world takes an insane amount of time, for obvious reasons (voice actors, models, companions, powers, gear, music etc)
Unfortunately i do not have a good feeling about the future of pirate101. While i'd hate to burst anyone's bubble, it has been over 2 and 1/2 years since KI has bothered to make a new world / or any serious extension of the story line for Pirate101.

Wizard101 has had MANY new worlds in this time / if you can not figure it out by now / they are focusing on wizards101 and nearly ignoring pirate101 so far as they are only giving us filler stuff thus far for some time to keep us paying them $$ not for the future of pirate101 but for wizard101. Having a family member who is a retired game developer, i can tell you it does not take this long to come out with a new world or serious extension for a game if it is really wanted.

As for the pirate101 team merging with the wizard101 team to make both games a better experience as someone else said, i don't know where you got that info but from what i've read the pirate101 team was split to work on KI's mobile gaming industry and hence was short workers so rather then hire a new group to join pirates team they combined the pirate101 team with the wiz101 team. things looking even bleaker if this be truth.

If pirate101 is dead in the water so to speak i just wish KI would respect their player base enough to let them know so we aren't blowing money on a game with very little to no future, that i turn KI may be spending on another game i personally played for a long time but no longer care about, meaning wiz101.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Covenator1162 on Mar 7, 2016 wrote:
Unfortunately i do not have a good feeling about the future of pirate101. While i'd hate to burst anyone's bubble, it has been over 2 and 1/2 years since KI has bothered to make a new world / or any serious extension of the story line for Pirate101.

Wizard101 has had MANY new worlds in this time / if you can not figure it out by now / they are focusing on wizards101 and nearly ignoring pirate101 so far as they are only giving us filler stuff thus far for some time to keep us paying them $$ not for the future of pirate101 but for wizard101. Having a family member who is a retired game developer, i can tell you it does not take this long to come out with a new world or serious extension for a game if it is really wanted.

As for the pirate101 team merging with the wizard101 team to make both games a better experience as someone else said, i don't know where you got that info but from what i've read the pirate101 team was split to work on KI's mobile gaming industry and hence was short workers so rather then hire a new group to join pirates team they combined the pirate101 team with the wiz101 team. things looking even bleaker if this be truth.

If pirate101 is dead in the water so to speak i just wish KI would respect their player base enough to let them know so we aren't blowing money on a game with very little to no future, that i turn KI may be spending on another game i personally played for a long time but no longer care about, meaning wiz101.
I don't know where you heard that kinda talk. I think some of it's just rumor garbage. Some of it make it sounds like the mobile gaming industry would overshadow the gaming industry in every possible way, even in money & people, and that's just nonsense, though, that should be talked about in another time in another place.

Regardless, you sorta forget that KI's never forgotten about P101. Sure, before they formed the MMO Live Team, they were mostly centered on W101, & some on P101, & them mostly working on W101 caused some concern to players, so KI decided to balance that out by forming their teams into one, & they would retain some that are making mobile games, which clearly makes the other team the KI Mobile Live Team. So, now, they have two teams, one for their MMO games, & the second for their mobile games. Even Bonnie Anne understood our concerns.

There's also Professor Falmea's new character image that reinvigorated many who are wanting the game to move forward, so that's something. Plus, Gaspard's Rogue's Gallery backstory gave out the info that we're going to Calabria Skyway in Valencia, & that's more to look forward to.

Stop delving into such nonsensical rumor talk. It won't help anything or anyone.

Petty Officer
Sep 17, 2011
72
Trimond297 on Mar 7, 2016 wrote:
I don't know where you heard that kinda talk. I think some of it's just rumor garbage. Some of it make it sounds like the mobile gaming industry would overshadow the gaming industry in every possible way, even in money & people, and that's just nonsense, though, that should be talked about in another time in another place.

Regardless, you sorta forget that KI's never forgotten about P101. Sure, before they formed the MMO Live Team, they were mostly centered on W101, & some on P101, & them mostly working on W101 caused some concern to players, so KI decided to balance that out by forming their teams into one, & they would retain some that are making mobile games, which clearly makes the other team the KI Mobile Live Team. So, now, they have two teams, one for their MMO games, & the second for their mobile games. Even Bonnie Anne understood our concerns.

There's also Professor Falmea's new character image that reinvigorated many who are wanting the game to move forward, so that's something. Plus, Gaspard's Rogue's Gallery backstory gave out the info that we're going to Calabria Skyway in Valencia, & that's more to look forward to.

Stop delving into such nonsensical rumor talk. It won't help anything or anyone.
I certainly;y hope your correct in your thoughts Trimond. Wizard101 got old for me awhile ago, and thus far i love pirate101 and am one of those who would love to see it expanded and last a long run like wizard101, hopefully longer. but what i said about the mobile gaming thing is not so far fetched as you claim. PC gaming is nothing at all what it used to be in popularity, games availability and overall structure, it is dying unfortunately, mobile gaming is taking off quickly and is headed on all kinds of new and successful advances/popularity. Tablets, phones, pads, handhelds and more. Plus Falmea giving us a peak at some "new character art" doesn't really mean anything, it's called concept art and it's called that for an obvious reason. It's a concept, a possibility, by no means does it prove anything is definitely coming or going to happen. Lots of concept art never makes it into games. And as to your theory about the Gaspard rouge gallery "background" being evidence that us pirates are headed to Calabria skyway in Valencia, i don;t see how that is evidence of anything, every character has a background in or from some area of the skyways. Anyway as i said i hope your correct in your assumptions. Here's hoping for the best. Only another year or 2 will tell.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9777
Is this post just to complain about a lack of a story update or do you want some concrete facts that prove that P101 isn't dying?
Fact #1: "Filler" Ki has implemented many changes to P101 that has improved the game beyond it was at the start. KI has also added necessary gauntlets and Ranked PVP to the game to give us something to do while waiting, they didn't have to do this.
Fact #2: A dying game doesn't issue new game cards to a new store - Circle K game cards.
Fact #3: KI has never released concept art without a reason - even the concept art in the world books may be added soon.
Remember it's KI policy in P101 to never discuss schedule or new content until it's ready for release. Re-read the recent Falmea Friday and note the "warming skies" clue.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
26
Totally agree with Anecorbie and Trimond297.

No, I don't think we should lose hope in this game. Anyone who is losing hope, keep strong. When the KI team releases the full information, it's going to be incredible. This game is a great game to begin with, and with all the kind of recent minor updates they've been tossing in, it's hard to believe they wouldn't continue development.

Why would they continue to update a game if they thought it was dying? Well, the reality is, they wouldn't. As Anecorbie mentioned, the Circle K cards- nobody in their right mind would issue cards to stores that have never had them if their game was dying. And as Anecorbie said (Thank you for the quote) 'Filler KI has implemented many changes to P101 that has improved the game beyond what it was at the start. KI has also added necessary gauntlets and Ranked PVP to the game to give us something to do while waiting, THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS.'
-Notice that I underlined 'They didn't have to do this.'
If this game was dying, they absolutely would not have done it whatsoever. They want to keep the players happy while they release an update, and when they do I expect it to be stunning. Considering all their other work, it's quite hard to believe it wouldn't be.

Eager Sloan Neasmith
Level 65 Musketeer

Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
26
I also felt I must mention, as oh- Trimond, said- "reaching El Dorado is not the game's end. Just only the 1st major story arc's end. Blind Mew said they may be planning the 2nd major story arc as the 1st arc gets to it's conclusion. There will always be more new nautical adventures to look forward to. "

Yes, folks, you heard him right. "Reaching El Dorado is NOT the game's end."

If he's correct, we could be seeing a MASSIVE, MASSIVE update far larger than I originally imagined. They could be making a whole new arc. Who knows? We'll have to find out.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
162
Shipbound on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
I also felt I must mention, as oh- Trimond, said- "reaching El Dorado is not the game's end. Just only the 1st major story arc's end. Blind Mew said they may be planning the 2nd major story arc as the 1st arc gets to it's conclusion. There will always be more new nautical adventures to look forward to. "

Yes, folks, you heard him right. "Reaching El Dorado is NOT the game's end."

If he's correct, we could be seeing a MASSIVE, MASSIVE update far larger than I originally imagined. They could be making a whole new arc. Who knows? We'll have to find out.
It's not an "if" statement, I'm positive we'll be beyond the island of gold in the future. Take a look at the wizards: they started off trying to defeat a former death professor and now they're expanded to three or so story arcs. I highly doubt our adventures will end with El Dorado, I don't know what we'll be doing after but I know it will be interesting. However, I think this update will only be the conclusion of the first arc. Considering how impatient everyone's been getting, I don't think KI would want to risk losing half of the community or more by prolonging the release date just to include the next arc.

Ensign
Oct 14, 2011
14
Shipbound on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
Hello, Pirates,

As many of us are, I am a Pirate 101 veteran, I've been playing this game for a long time. We've all been waiting for an update for over two years, but it just doesn't seem to arrive. Here's my opinions on what might be happening.

My first theory is that they might be creating or releasing a world not before seen in Wizard or Pirate 101, and a massive storyline update on top of it. For instance, El Dorado was not seen in either, and El Dorado is our hopeful ending to the game. They could be finishing the game off in this update, and finally getting us to El Dorado. Something like El Dorado would take a LONG time to create, I assume.

They obviously have to add on to Valencia. At the current end of the game, there are definitely some hints that they will be adding more Valencia.

Another thing to note is the suspiciously empty stormgates throughout the spiral. Not to mention a few rather suspicious worlds inside stormgates.

In addition to all this evidence already stacking up, a possibility is we could be going to Albion.

So far the biggest true evidence I've seen at the moment is that we could be going to Grizzleheim. The fairly recent addition of the Grizzly Beast Booster Pack in the crown shop, and the Grizzleheim based companions you can get from it is stacking up fast.

Now, when you really think about it, I think KI is doing small updates for now to make the big updates possible. And nobody ever said only one of these theories is true! Several of them could be seen. I know we've been waiting a long time for an update, but I hope this thread will help the community see hope in this game. I would truly hate for this game to stop here at such a brief halt. It's taken me about two years to finish the game, and I ain't stopping now.

Hope this regains our hope,
-Shipbound
Eager Sloan Neasmith, Level 65 Musketeer
Hi there.

While there is a lot of speculation as to what world we will be visiting next I think it would be unlikely that it would be El Dorado. We only have 3 pieces of the map, and we still need to steal 2 pieces back from the Armada. Then there are still 2 more unaccounted for. Also, I don't think that when we eventually get to El Dorado it will be the ending to the game, just that story. Like in W101 there was the Malistaire storyarc, and then Morganthe. The pirate life is always filled with adventure and I am sure we will not be lacking once this story arc reaches its conclusion.
Like you I am eager to see a new world released but understand that the good things in life are worth waiting for. KI also said it would be a long while until they released a new world after they released Marleybone and Aquila. I was filled with hope when I read the last Falmea Friday, that there will be something exciting coming our way soon!

If I had to take a stab as to what world we will see next I think we could be returning to Valencia or even to Krokotopia to help decipher the reading on the Rosetta Stone and unravel the mystery of the clockwork birds.
I would also speculate that we could go to Polaris, a world that I have been hoping to go to since the beginning of P101. And now that they released Polaris in W101 I am even more hopeful. However, there was also that picture of the Kroks released on W101 newsletter, so maybe KI is working on Krokotopia for P101.

Either way, I will be excited no matter which world we go to next, and cannot wait to read the next letter from Professor Falmea, to see what is in store for us!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9777
RenegadeSerena on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
Hi there.

While there is a lot of speculation as to what world we will be visiting next I think it would be unlikely that it would be El Dorado. We only have 3 pieces of the map, and we still need to steal 2 pieces back from the Armada. Then there are still 2 more unaccounted for. Also, I don't think that when we eventually get to El Dorado it will be the ending to the game, just that story. Like in W101 there was the Malistaire storyarc, and then Morganthe. The pirate life is always filled with adventure and I am sure we will not be lacking once this story arc reaches its conclusion.
Like you I am eager to see a new world released but understand that the good things in life are worth waiting for. KI also said it would be a long while until they released a new world after they released Marleybone and Aquila. I was filled with hope when I read the last Falmea Friday, that there will be something exciting coming our way soon!

If I had to take a stab as to what world we will see next I think we could be returning to Valencia or even to Krokotopia to help decipher the reading on the Rosetta Stone and unravel the mystery of the clockwork birds.
I would also speculate that we could go to Polaris, a world that I have been hoping to go to since the beginning of P101. And now that they released Polaris in W101 I am even more hopeful. However, there was also that picture of the Kroks released on W101 newsletter, so maybe KI is working on Krokotopia for P101.

Either way, I will be excited no matter which world we go to next, and cannot wait to read the next letter from Professor Falmea, to see what is in store for us!
Ahoy, RenegadeSerena!
This is a good post and many points you have made are excellent; however, I have an issue about going to Krok "to help decipher the reading on the Rosetta Stone and unravel the meaning of the clockwork birds."
With due respect - we've already did this! Meowiarty gave us the translation of the coded message - "I know how to defeat Kane! Seek for me in Valencia, look for Cagliostro. - G." We may go to Krok to find out what Deacon was doing there, we may even travel there because it's an origin world, but we don't need to go for a translation.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Shipbound on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
I also felt I must mention, as oh- Trimond, said- "reaching El Dorado is not the game's end. Just only the 1st major story arc's end. Blind Mew said they may be planning the 2nd major story arc as the 1st arc gets to it's conclusion. There will always be more new nautical adventures to look forward to. "

Yes, folks, you heard him right. "Reaching El Dorado is NOT the game's end."

If he's correct, we could be seeing a MASSIVE, MASSIVE update far larger than I originally imagined. They could be making a whole new arc. Who knows? We'll have to find out.
Thanks for the reminders from me & Anecorbie.

They did bring out 2 Books in one update, a big milestone on KI with the content almost being double as what people see in an expansion set, I'll give them that, but, if they plan to bring out more Books in the upcoming story update, that would make it a bigger milestone we could imagine, & maybe even see more new content in the amount of what we would see beyond in an expansion pack, 2 times, 3 times, or 4 times. Maybe more.

Could be that KI might go to the extra mile, & it would be astounding to us to see them stretching their limits in having plenty in one update.

Nevertheless, our companions, new & not so old, still have loads of stories in their past to speak of, our trainers also have more stories in store, which, to remind, should continue from Level 35 & onward every 10 levels, if you get the meaning, & a plethora of adventures & possibilities to discover. As with the Wizards' adventures going on that impacts the Spiral in every way, perhaps our Pirates' adventures may do the same, too.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
RenegadeSerena on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
Hi there.

While there is a lot of speculation as to what world we will be visiting next I think it would be unlikely that it would be El Dorado. We only have 3 pieces of the map, and we still need to steal 2 pieces back from the Armada. Then there are still 2 more unaccounted for. Also, I don't think that when we eventually get to El Dorado it will be the ending to the game, just that story. Like in W101 there was the Malistaire storyarc, and then Morganthe. The pirate life is always filled with adventure and I am sure we will not be lacking once this story arc reaches its conclusion.
Like you I am eager to see a new world released but understand that the good things in life are worth waiting for. KI also said it would be a long while until they released a new world after they released Marleybone and Aquila. I was filled with hope when I read the last Falmea Friday, that there will be something exciting coming our way soon!

If I had to take a stab as to what world we will see next I think we could be returning to Valencia or even to Krokotopia to help decipher the reading on the Rosetta Stone and unravel the mystery of the clockwork birds.
I would also speculate that we could go to Polaris, a world that I have been hoping to go to since the beginning of P101. And now that they released Polaris in W101 I am even more hopeful. However, there was also that picture of the Kroks released on W101 newsletter, so maybe KI is working on Krokotopia for P101.

Either way, I will be excited no matter which world we go to next, and cannot wait to read the next letter from Professor Falmea, to see what is in store for us!
Let's not forget, W101's 3rd arc is now about Grandfather Spider, formerly Old Cob, & his freedom from the Black Hole sets him on his own course to destroy the Spiral, now that Morganthe's prophecy, the one Spider was previously supposed to commence, has failed. Now, he's willing to create his own prophecy, one that involves his Children, & I may be certain it is one that he may fail someday.

Plus, it had side story arcs, like the one with the Coven trying to commence the Everwinter in Grizzleheim, & the Wysteria storyline. If it gets more side story arcs, I'm sure they'll be enjoyable.

Regardless, we all have something to look forward to, the visit to Calabria Skyway in Valencia. The Toymaker said to find Caligostro in Valencia. The Toymaker is still out there, & he will be discovered. Kane and the Armada will have to go down someday, & that day will be made.

Plus, we don't want to see Kane's demise & ultimate defeat not becoming less epic as Morganthe's & Malistaire's defeats turned out to be, you know, not so epic. Think on that. They both only had one form before they met their demises, & it wasn't that satisfying as we hoped. I'd think Kane may have many in the ultimate last battle with him to come, because he's the End-of-Arc villain, & they should all have many forms that should be battles, including their real final forms, before they get ultimately defeated once and for all. That, & their own special combat themes to make their battles very special & epic.

We'll keep on going, no matter what.

Ensign
Oct 14, 2011
14
anecorbie on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
Ahoy, RenegadeSerena!
This is a good post and many points you have made are excellent; however, I have an issue about going to Krok "to help decipher the reading on the Rosetta Stone and unravel the meaning of the clockwork birds."
With due respect - we've already did this! Meowiarty gave us the translation of the coded message - "I know how to defeat Kane! Seek for me in Valencia, look for Cagliostro. - G." We may go to Krok to find out what Deacon was doing there, we may even travel there because it's an origin world, but we don't need to go for a translation.
Yes we have the message. Let me say it a different way. We may be going to Valencia or Krokotopia to decipher who or what Cagliostro is and who G is from the reading on the Rosetta Stone. This might also help us to unravel the meaning of all the clockwork birds. Apologies for the confusion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9777
RenegadeSerena on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
Yes we have the message. Let me say it a different way. We may be going to Valencia or Krokotopia to decipher who or what Cagliostro is and who G is from the reading on the Rosetta Stone. This might also help us to unravel the meaning of all the clockwork birds. Apologies for the confusion.
Except that Ulysses tells us what is on the Rosetta Stone: that it praises a past emperor of Aquila in Krokotopian, Old Aquilan and Aquilan Linear B.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
26
RenegadeSerena on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
Hi there.

While there is a lot of speculation as to what world we will be visiting next I think it would be unlikely that it would be El Dorado. We only have 3 pieces of the map, and we still need to steal 2 pieces back from the Armada. Then there are still 2 more unaccounted for. Also, I don't think that when we eventually get to El Dorado it will be the ending to the game, just that story. Like in W101 there was the Malistaire storyarc, and then Morganthe. The pirate life is always filled with adventure and I am sure we will not be lacking once this story arc reaches its conclusion.
Like you I am eager to see a new world released but understand that the good things in life are worth waiting for. KI also said it would be a long while until they released a new world after they released Marleybone and Aquila. I was filled with hope when I read the last Falmea Friday, that there will be something exciting coming our way soon!

If I had to take a stab as to what world we will see next I think we could be returning to Valencia or even to Krokotopia to help decipher the reading on the Rosetta Stone and unravel the mystery of the clockwork birds.
I would also speculate that we could go to Polaris, a world that I have been hoping to go to since the beginning of P101. And now that they released Polaris in W101 I am even more hopeful. However, there was also that picture of the Kroks released on W101 newsletter, so maybe KI is working on Krokotopia for P101.

Either way, I will be excited no matter which world we go to next, and cannot wait to read the next letter from Professor Falmea, to see what is in store for us!
Hello, thanks for responding.

I think you may have misunderstood. El Dorado won't be the NEXT world but it could be included in the update

Just wanted to clear that up