Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Player Character's Father

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2016
Recently we've gotten quite a bit information about our mother, Pirate Jenny of Darkmoor, but nothing (that I'm aware) about our father. So, let's start some theory crafting, shall we?

One thing that I've always found kind of weird is the flag on our parents' ship, which is less "Jolly Roger" and more "Jammie Dodger." We see during character creation that their design is a cupcake with two crossed candy canes, and when we get to see it again in game when we get our first skiff from the Frogfather, we see that this is indeed what it looked like. There's no reason I know for a pirate from Darkmoor, who isn't directly shown to be sunshine and roses, to have a flag like this, but maybe it's our dad's desgin. That still doesn't make it any less unusual, unless he's from a world made of candy or something. . .

My theory is that our character's father is from Karamelle, a world that just so happens to be made of candy, and is the birthplace of Lydia Greyrose, the Ice magic professor in Wizard101. The one wrinkle is that the only person that we know of from their, Lydia, is a fairy, not a human, but that's pretty small.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SpookyNoodle on Jul 1, 2018 wrote:
Recently we've gotten quite a bit information about our mother, Pirate Jenny of Darkmoor, but nothing (that I'm aware) about our father. So, let's start some theory crafting, shall we?

One thing that I've always found kind of weird is the flag on our parents' ship, which is less "Jolly Roger" and more "Jammie Dodger." We see during character creation that their design is a cupcake with two crossed candy canes, and when we get to see it again in game when we get our first skiff from the Frogfather, we see that this is indeed what it looked like. There's no reason I know for a pirate from Darkmoor, who isn't directly shown to be sunshine and roses, to have a flag like this, but maybe it's our dad's desgin. That still doesn't make it any less unusual, unless he's from a world made of candy or something. . .

My theory is that our character's father is from Karamelle, a world that just so happens to be made of candy, and is the birthplace of Lydia Greyrose, the Ice magic professor in Wizard101. The one wrinkle is that the only person that we know of from their, Lydia, is a fairy, not a human, but that's pretty small.
I like your speculation, but we do know a little bit about our father from 2 Presideo companions Rogues Gallery - in Lucky Jack Russel's Gallery we hear he was rescued from a prison during the Polarian War with his cell mate whose fiance was the pirate who rescued them ( Pirate Jenny ), Jack joined their crew and was there when they married.
In Dead Mike's Gallery, our father is described as "dashing" so maybe part of his name is "Dashing Pirate + your last name" ( if you chose one for your pirate ).
You're right, that flag is not very piratety at all, more "Good Ship Lollipop" than "Black Pearl".
There's no reason that a human couldn't be from Karamelle just because a fairy is from there: it could be our father's home world.
We don't even know our parent's pirate class, although I think Pirate Jenny was a Swashbuckler ( but maybe that's because it's my favorite class ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
And welcome to the message boards, SpookyNoodle!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
SpookyNoodle on Jul 1, 2018 wrote:

I love the idea, SpookyNoodle, and welcome to the forums! I think it could certainly be our father's Ship design, especially because there's no mention of him in the game. I never noticed it was the same flag, though! Do you think Boochbeard has something to do with our father? After all, he was the one who first bore a Ship with that flag. Hmm...

And I like the idea of Karamelle, although I think anyone can have a flag of cupcakes and candy canes without being from a world made of candy. Great ideas!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 2, 2018 wrote:
I like your speculation, but we do know a little bit about our father from 2 Presideo companions Rogues Gallery - in Lucky Jack Russel's Gallery we hear he was rescued from a prison during the Polarian War with his cell mate whose fiance was the pirate who rescued them ( Pirate Jenny ), Jack joined their crew and was there when they married.
In Dead Mike's Gallery, our father is described as "dashing" so maybe part of his name is "Dashing Pirate + your last name" ( if you chose one for your pirate ).
You're right, that flag is not very piratety at all, more "Good Ship Lollipop" than "Black Pearl".
There's no reason that a human couldn't be from Karamelle just because a fairy is from there: it could be our father's home world.
We don't even know our parent's pirate class, although I think Pirate Jenny was a Swashbuckler ( but maybe that's because it's my favorite class ).
Hehe, Swashbuckler is my favorite class too.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 2, 2018 wrote:
Consider if those descriptions were specific to Lucky Jack and Dead Mike: wouldn't that add a bit of variety to the story if the pirate's father was slightly different based on the choices at character creation?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:
Consider if those descriptions were specific to Lucky Jack and Dead Mike: wouldn't that add a bit of variety to the story if the pirate's father was slightly different based on the choices at character creation?
Welcome back to the message boards, Misty! It's been a long time since you posted. It would be interesting if our choices affected the class of our parents, maybe we'll find out soon!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 6, 2018 wrote:
Welcome back to the message boards, Misty! It's been a long time since you posted. It would be interesting if our choices affected the class of our parents, maybe we'll find out soon!
Thank you!! I'm nowhere near permanently back (you know what game I've been in), I just wanted to have my own look at Wizard101's test realm so I bought some crowns and decided to drop in to see how things were going here, too.

I like the slight variety the character creation choices offer in the dialogue and characters. It keeps the story fresh for replay value without having the headache of branching dialogue and split story paths. If dear ol' dad's class corresponds to the player's class, I feel like it'd add a little more of that and keep the story a bit more real. After all, the Presidio 5 do all comment on how much the pirate looks like their parents. It would make sense if the pirate followed in at least one of their parents' footsteps with regards to class.

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011