Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The next upcoming Pirate101 Update?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 21, 2012
As we all know, It has been a long time now since we've received a Pirate101 update. Not that long, I know. But if you look now in your calendar, It's april. Last year during that time exactly we've had seen our first glimpse of Valencia 2 on KI Live and we all were excited about it among with Ashes of The Armada update.

Calculations about the latest Pirate101 news:
It has been 10 months since the release of Valencia 2 to Live realm
It has been 7 months since we've had our latest test realm update that came with ashes of armada dreadnaught and Rank 5 of Talents
It has been 4 months since we've had our latest falmea friday and Producer's Letter

are we getting any hints soon? at least a vague hint or a falmea friday? I surely take the producer's letter hint as there's something to come in the future but we've been waiting now for sneak peeks or hints and so far it has been pretty silent.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
I would have to say that the silence from KI is an indicator of what they are giving us.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Krigleblort on Apr 13, 2017 wrote:
I would have to say that the silence from KI is an indicator of what they are giving us.
Oh, now you're getting as cynical as I.

No, I do expect an update, but it won't contain a world.

We not only have had silence from Falmea, but when was the last time we heard from Blind Mew?

The update we get will be aimed at one thing: Attracting new players.

I will say this: If May 26th comes and goes (the release date of Pirates of the Carribean 5) and we don't see increased advertizing for Pirate101 around that time, that will likely say VERY bad things.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Krigleblort on Apr 13, 2017 wrote:
I take it you haven't played long with KI to understand how they work (going off of your multiple posts throughout the forums). KI will usually release an update a year, with maintenance regularly scheduled on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. Wizard101 is no different. Coming from an Indie Developer, a smart company knows to keep their traps shut and not leak anything that could ruin the 'hype' of the next update. Now, it doesn't hurt to at least show progress is being made by interacting with fans (like what Blind Mew does) but blatantly stating when the next update will be, what it's gonna be about, or any other spoilers can hurt the game more than help it. That's like being told ahead of time 'We're going to Disney' instead of being surprised at the gates. The excitement and initial 'awe' moment is lost during the time spent waiting.

Like the OP said, the very last update we got was roughly 4 months ago (at the making of the post). That's not long ago and you should keep in mind how small Pirate101's team is compared to Wizard101. If you're not aware of internal struggle they faced the last couple of years with having to refill positions, there's probably an article or two you could look up explaining everything in detail.

Patience is a virtue and if you don't want to wait, there are other games you can play. I personally play Smite, Blade and Soul and Guild Wars 2 on the side when taking a break from the game. I still love Pirate101 and haven't quit it at all, just saying there are alternatives for passing the time while waiting on the next update. I'll be sticking around to help support KI and the game though, because (like I said) I love this game.

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Max DeGroot on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
Oh, now you're getting as cynical as I.

No, I do expect an update, but it won't contain a world.

We not only have had silence from Falmea, but when was the last time we heard from Blind Mew?

The update we get will be aimed at one thing: Attracting new players.

I will say this: If May 26th comes and goes (the release date of Pirates of the Carribean 5) and we don't see increased advertizing for Pirate101 around that time, that will likely say VERY bad things.
I wouldn't expect bad things to happen. However, Falmea said before that they're keeping an eye on Pirate101. and the fact that the last quest of Valencia 2 shows that Queen is still alive, means that there's a 2nd arc and things are gonna be great. Just the only question is when? and if there's at least any hint for our next update. Waiting could be tricky but waiting too long for an update isn't what we're looking for.