Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Mystery of the Clockwork Birds

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
I was reading about a history of automations and I came a cross a man named Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin who lived in the 1800's. He built a clockwork bird that could "learn" a song if it was repeated to it. Of course, being as obsessed with this wonderful game as I am, I began to think of the clockwork birds in Valencia. Then I thought that maybe the Armada's creator could send messages by repeating phrases for the birds to say. There are many speculations about how the armada imprisoned their creator and forced him to build more armada troops. The creator may be trying to get help- or maybe he can easily escape and he's just waiting or he needs to stay for some mysterious reason.

What do you think of this theory, my good piratical friends?

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Fearless Finnagan on Jul 4, 2015 wrote:
I was reading about a history of automations and I came a cross a man named Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin who lived in the 1800's. He built a clockwork bird that could "learn" a song if it was repeated to it. Of course, being as obsessed with this wonderful game as I am, I began to think of the clockwork birds in Valencia. Then I thought that maybe the Armada's creator could send messages by repeating phrases for the birds to say. There are many speculations about how the armada imprisoned their creator and forced him to build more armada troops. The creator may be trying to get help- or maybe he can easily escape and he's just waiting or he needs to stay for some mysterious reason.

What do you think of this theory, my good piratical friends?
That's a good theory. It makes a lot of sense and I think it could bring us closer to the maker of the clockworks. If this were true, then this G would be the clockwork creator, and that also makes sense. Only a few people know how to beat Kane. Kane and his creator. There's no distinct evidence that the "Armada Court" knows his weakness, and Kane wouldn't divulge information leading to his own self-destruction. A trap? Kane is smarter than any human and has basically an infinite number of troops. If he wanted our heads, he'd have them over his fireplace on a big plaque before we even got out of Skull Island. So, G is either trapped by the Armada, or is in hiding waiting for anybody to heed his call.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65