The Message Board Marauders Party Jan 2014

1
AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
CDE Winter's Christmas/New Year's holiday party was a resounding success. As I was preparing the screenshots from our evening of fun I took the liberty of dubbing it:
The Message Board Marauders Party and I have posted an album on Pirate 101 Central. Thank you to all who showed up, it was so much fun. I listed the ones I remember on the album description but I know there were a couple more folk there that I didn't get a screen shot of or a shot of my newly expanded friend's list while they were still there. So please leave a comment and I will add you to the list of who was there. We had so much fun and I got to meet some new family members. Thanks So much Scarlet for hosting this evening of such fun. Please click the above link to see the shots I got and if you have some to add, please post them on Central and I will copy them over to the album, or you can just leave your link of photos here and we will all enjoy traveling to your pages to enjoy them. I had a blast. My congratulations to our fine hostess.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
814
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
CDE Winter's Christmas/New Year's holiday party was a resounding success. As I was preparing the screenshots from our evening of fun I took the liberty of dubbing it:
The Message Board Marauders Party and I have posted an album on Pirate 101 Central. Thank you to all who showed up, it was so much fun. I listed the ones I remember on the album description but I know there were a couple more folk there that I didn't get a screen shot of or a shot of my newly expanded friend's list while they were still there. So please leave a comment and I will add you to the list of who was there. We had so much fun and I got to meet some new family members. Thanks So much Scarlet for hosting this evening of such fun. Please click the above link to see the shots I got and if you have some to add, please post them on Central and I will copy them over to the album, or you can just leave your link of photos here and we will all enjoy traveling to your pages to enjoy them. I had a blast. My congratulations to our fine hostess.
Thank you Chrissy, I had a lot of fun as well. I'm glad to hear that the party ended quite well. Sadly my house lost power for a few hours (one less hydro pole in my area), and so I missed the last part of the nautical farming. I hope you found the Armada Asault Platform a second time.
I will be posting some of the picture I took on central as well.

I hope we can have another party, maybe not too soon, but defenitly again sometime.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
CDE Winter's Christmas/New Year's holiday party was a resounding success. As I was preparing the screenshots from our evening of fun I took the liberty of dubbing it:
The Message Board Marauders Party and I have posted an album on Pirate 101 Central. Thank you to all who showed up, it was so much fun. I listed the ones I remember on the album description but I know there were a couple more folk there that I didn't get a screen shot of or a shot of my newly expanded friend's list while they were still there. So please leave a comment and I will add you to the list of who was there. We had so much fun and I got to meet some new family members. Thanks So much Scarlet for hosting this evening of such fun. Please click the above link to see the shots I got and if you have some to add, please post them on Central and I will copy them over to the album, or you can just leave your link of photos here and we will all enjoy traveling to your pages to enjoy them. I had a blast. My congratulations to our fine hostess.
The Message Board Marauders,lol- absolutely love it. Very fitting too, as we were quite the menacing band of pirates. Even though I was a bit late and had to leave early, I had a great time. I for one was extremely pleased to have finally met some of the many great personalities on the message boards. I checked out the screenshots and I must say, those pirates sure know how to party- even though the rebellious hostess was 'camera shy'. Amazing screenshots, Chrissy- especially some of the naval battles. Entertaining event for sure and I look forward to doing it again sometime.

Even though most of the names of the pirates who attended are listed on your album, I was wondering if everyone who was there that night could post their pirates names along with their message board names. (I know that many of them are the same- but I think there were a few that had different user and pirate names). This way I and anyone else can better match up the in game friends with their names on the boards.

Again, it was great to meet everyone who attended and I look forward to other future pirate parties. And yes thanks Scarlet for hosting such a fun event.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
207
I'm glad to hear and see you guys enjoyed the party! I am so sorry I couldn't make it. I already posted this but I woke up with pink eye the day before and didn't want it to get worse. But anywho, I'm glad it was a success and that you enjoyed yourselves! I hope I can attend the next one.

Rachel - Level 54

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
RachelTheWitchdoct... on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
I'm glad to hear and see you guys enjoyed the party! I am so sorry I couldn't make it. I already posted this but I woke up with pink eye the day before and didn't want it to get worse. But anywho, I'm glad it was a success and that you enjoyed yourselves! I hope I can attend the next one.

Rachel - Level 54
I am so sorry you are feeling ill and I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. You were greatly missed. Many were asking for you along with Emma. I look forward to stomping some baddies with you at the next marauders event.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
CdeWinter on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Chrissy, I had a lot of fun as well. I'm glad to hear that the party ended quite well. Sadly my house lost power for a few hours (one less hydro pole in my area), and so I missed the last part of the nautical farming. I hope you found the Armada Asault Platform a second time.
I will be posting some of the picture I took on central as well.

I hope we can have another party, maybe not too soon, but defenitly again sometime.
Thanks for letting us know you were OK. We sure noticed your abrupt absence and knew that something like that surely must have been the culprit. Yup, Anne, Pearl and I found several more although I am still astonished that it is so hard to find them. We fought the first one on Vadima realm and I literally visited every single realm, in order before I finally found another one on my second pass through. There were no other ship that I could see taking them down either so I am not sure if that was a bug or not. Maybe I should submit it or is this rareness normal for Turrets? Anyone have an idea?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
The Message Board Marauders,lol- absolutely love it. Very fitting too, as we were quite the menacing band of pirates. Even though I was a bit late and had to leave early, I had a great time. I for one was extremely pleased to have finally met some of the many great personalities on the message boards. I checked out the screenshots and I must say, those pirates sure know how to party- even though the rebellious hostess was 'camera shy'. Amazing screenshots, Chrissy- especially some of the naval battles. Entertaining event for sure and I look forward to doing it again sometime.

Even though most of the names of the pirates who attended are listed on your album, I was wondering if everyone who was there that night could post their pirates names along with their message board names. (I know that many of them are the same- but I think there were a few that had different user and pirate names). This way I and anyone else can better match up the in game friends with their names on the boards.

Again, it was great to meet everyone who attended and I look forward to other future pirate parties. And yes thanks Scarlet for hosting such a fun event.
Thank you for your kind words Valkoor. You do indeed have a gifting in blessing others with your words. Yea I did think of using the pirates names as they were pictured but some were from when pirates switched to friend others or to beef themselves up for a PvP and I was concerned it would get way too confusing. I know, I will start a thread asking everyone to list their current pirates.

Administrator
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for letting us know you were OK. We sure noticed your abrupt absence and knew that something like that surely must have been the culprit. Yup, Anne, Pearl and I found several more although I am still astonished that it is so hard to find them. We fought the first one on Vadima realm and I literally visited every single realm, in order before I finally found another one on my second pass through. There were no other ship that I could see taking them down either so I am not sure if that was a bug or not. Maybe I should submit it or is this rareness normal for Turrets? Anyone have an idea?
The respawn time on Turrets is around 10 minutes if I remember correctly.

Sounds like you had a fun party!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
262
Hi. next time there is a party can you please let me know? I really need to increase my nautical level. Thanks.

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 61 witch doctor nautical level 30

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
The respawn time on Turrets is around 10 minutes if I remember correctly.

Sounds like you had a fun party!
We did, thank you, Jack! I had never fought against a Turret before -- what fun! I liked that tower of the evil Armada, with all the fireworks it spouted!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
The respawn time on Turrets is around 10 minutes if I remember correctly.

Sounds like you had a fun party!
Yes indeed it was fun Jack. We would have loved to have you join us. (hint hint ) Feel free to drop in on us at any time. You are always included in our invites.

Re: The respawn rates, I had heard it was 6 so the clarification is good to know but either 6 or 10, does that make it normal for all the realms to be empty of one when there were no ships around to indicate anyone was farming them? If there was another party out there farming them, wouldn't I have passed them since I was cycling through all the realms at least twice in my search for them?
Is there a behavior of the turrets to put themselves away if no activity is noticed it their area? Do they put themselves away after sitting for a certain time? By 'Put away' I mean the behaviour they do when you take too long to take them down and they travel to the Beachhead and enter into it and it takes the players ships into the range of the Beachhead guns. Any clarification would certainly help in the frustrations of trying to find one when you have a group wanting to tackle them. Thanks again.

Ensign
Jan 22, 2011
45
Ha, Captain Kenneth might join in on the next party! Any ideas when it will be hosted next?
-Dead-eye Kenneth, level 65 musketeer

Administrator
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Yes indeed it was fun Jack. We would have loved to have you join us. (hint hint ) Feel free to drop in on us at any time. You are always included in our invites.

Re: The respawn rates, I had heard it was 6 so the clarification is good to know but either 6 or 10, does that make it normal for all the realms to be empty of one when there were no ships around to indicate anyone was farming them? If there was another party out there farming them, wouldn't I have passed them since I was cycling through all the realms at least twice in my search for them?
Is there a behavior of the turrets to put themselves away if no activity is noticed it their area? Do they put themselves away after sitting for a certain time? By 'Put away' I mean the behaviour they do when you take too long to take them down and they travel to the Beachhead and enter into it and it takes the players ships into the range of the Beachhead guns. Any clarification would certainly help in the frustrations of trying to find one when you have a group wanting to tackle them. Thanks again.
Thanks for the invitation!

I believe they are "put away" as you put it, and you would have to wait 6-10 minutes for it to resurface. Best to farm some neighboring ships while you wait.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
814
Kronosroses on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Hi. next time there is a party can you please let me know? I really need to increase my nautical level. Thanks.

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 61 witch doctor nautical level 30
Hi, I know we will have another party sometime, I don't know exactly when. I also don't know who will host it. It seems that we tend to have a larger group if we wait awhile between parties, or at least don't overload the tavern with party invitations.

Anyways, we always post a general party invitation on the message boards in the Tavern section. Generally the host or hostess will post the invitation at least a week or so before the party in order to allow for all interested pirates to say if they will be joining or not. Of course you would be welcome to the next party, but we don't just farm for the entire party, we also tend to hang out at our pirates' houses, attempt some pvp, and just plain have fun.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
814
Captain Kenneth on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Ha, Captain Kenneth might join in on the next party! Any ideas when it will be hosted next?
-Dead-eye Kenneth, level 65 musketeer
Wow, I'm honoured that my party idea was such a success that pirates are still wanting to party.

I don't know when I'll be hosting the next party, but the message board marauders do like to party, and we have them frequently enough, usually around holidays, long weekends or during the summer when we know most people will be available. I do know that the next party will be announced in the Tavern on the message boards at least a week before the actual party takes place.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the invitation!

I believe they are "put away" as you put it, and you would have to wait 6-10 minutes for it to resurface. Best to farm some neighboring ships while you wait.
That is fantastic to know Jack. Hmmm you mean we wreak some awesome havoc while we wait for more fireworks? *Rubs hands together and giggles wickedly. *
Works for me.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
160
Oh the memories of about four days ago! (At the time of writing and posting.) It was so fun! I am looking forward to another party, though you guys can take your time. Planning parties is stressful... but the outcome is more often than not outstanding and more than just satisfactory!

By the way Chrissy, your screenshots were WONDERFUL, and the captions were fun to read as well!

It was fun hanging out with everyone! Fortune-telling Natalie was spot on with her predictions, Richard's (correct me if I got the name wrong!) inn and late Christmas gifts really made my eyes wide, and Valkoor, I hope you finally got that hat off, ya know with the stick and all. It was awesome going out to smash turrets and Armada ships with everyone, and just plain hanging out!

~Quick Pearl

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
262
hello? Next time something like this happens can you tell me please?

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 61 witch doctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Quick Pearl on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
Oh the memories of about four days ago! (At the time of writing and posting.) It was so fun! I am looking forward to another party, though you guys can take your time. Planning parties is stressful... but the outcome is more often than not outstanding and more than just satisfactory!

By the way Chrissy, your screenshots were WONDERFUL, and the captions were fun to read as well!

It was fun hanging out with everyone! Fortune-telling Natalie was spot on with her predictions, Richard's (correct me if I got the name wrong!) inn and late Christmas gifts really made my eyes wide, and Valkoor, I hope you finally got that hat off, ya know with the stick and all. It was awesome going out to smash turrets and Armada ships with everyone, and just plain hanging out!

~Quick Pearl
Aww thank you for your kind words. Yes it was a lot of fun, Can't wait for the next one.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Kronosroses on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
hello? Next time something like this happens can you tell me please?

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 61 witch doctor
Your question is answered above by CDE Winter.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Quick Pearl on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
Oh the memories of about four days ago! (At the time of writing and posting.) It was so fun! I am looking forward to another party, though you guys can take your time. Planning parties is stressful... but the outcome is more often than not outstanding and more than just satisfactory!

By the way Chrissy, your screenshots were WONDERFUL, and the captions were fun to read as well!

It was fun hanging out with everyone! Fortune-telling Natalie was spot on with her predictions, Richard's (correct me if I got the name wrong!) inn and late Christmas gifts really made my eyes wide, and Valkoor, I hope you finally got that hat off, ya know with the stick and all. It was awesome going out to smash turrets and Armada ships with everyone, and just plain hanging out!

~Quick Pearl
Pearl- the stick is indeed still stuck. I think the only remedy is a large family of termites. Or perhaps I should branch out and try alternative methods. Maybe see if it is hereditary- you know check my family tree and discover my roots. It's probably knot, so I guess I should just leaf it alone. Well, like I said on Friday, I'll just have to stick it out.

Nice to have met you, had a great and fun time

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
Pearl- the stick is indeed still stuck. I think the only remedy is a large family of termites. Or perhaps I should branch out and try alternative methods. Maybe see if it is hereditary- you know check my family tree and discover my roots. It's probably knot, so I guess I should just leaf it alone. Well, like I said on Friday, I'll just have to stick it out.

Nice to have met you, had a great and fun time
LOL *Massive groans at the terribly wonderful puns* Love it. Yup I do agree with you that alternative methods may be your answer. You don't want to waste time barking up the wrong tree.
(Sorry I just could Not resist this)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
283
Sounds like it was a lovely time. My apologies for not being there and if you do decide to do this, let us know. we've been dying to meet some of the magnificent people of those boards in person.

With the pun not intended (sort of)

la Cour de les Miracles

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
LOL *Massive groans at the terribly wonderful puns* Love it. Yup I do agree with you that alternative methods may be your answer. You don't want to waste time barking up the wrong tree.
(Sorry I just could Not resist this)
Thank ye, Thank ye Chrissy. I wanted to continue but at the moment I was stumped and did not want to just go out on a limb to come up with something else. Nice puns yourself by the way. But alas, I now have to log off as I remembered that I left something in the trunk.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
The Undead Obeah on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
Sounds like it was a lovely time. My apologies for not being there and if you do decide to do this, let us know. we've been dying to meet some of the magnificent people of those boards in person.

With the pun not intended (sort of)

la Cour de les Miracles
I am looking forward to meeting you too.

1