Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Forum Analysis Machine

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
I'm trying to dissect parts of Frogfather's post from a while ago for clues to the next update. It occurred to me that two minds are better than one, so the minds of an entire community must be way better. So I'd like your help. Post your ideas below please. Here's the meat of what he said:
So you wanna know the low down about the inner workings of the fine machine we call Pirate101, eh? Well, if I told ya specifics, I’d have to send you for a long walk off a short Monquistan pier, but I can let on that we’re hard at work on some exciting stuff here. Mums the words, as they say, but if a little birdie whistled three words in your ear, they would be “battle, boats, and buddies”. How annoyingly vague would that little birdie be? I would probably tell that birdie to sing somewhere else, but I’m afraid that’s all you get for now because all this hard work here . . . it’s not quite ready for the light of day . . . or maybe even that light they shine in your eyes when they ask you “where you were on the night of the 13th.” But, HEY, things are still moving in the general direction of forward, and in the future, once the Frogfather deems them worthy, we will let you in on our little secrets. Until then, you might keep yourself busy carrying around that crazy donkey thing that magically makes you go faster, or fighting with those pillows.
1. A short Monquistan pier? There is that underexplored skyway we have. Perhaps we'll finally get to explore it.
2. A birdie? Like a mechanical birdie with Aquilan Linear B written on it?
3. Battle, boats, and buddies... That does seems like we're getting official PvP, but it is preceding boats, so maybe Ship PvP as well. Buddies... That very likely means more companion promotions, or our friend list is expanding(but I think that's less likely)
4. Not ready for light of day? Darkmoor?! I hope, but he's a smuggler so he would do his work in the shadows.
5. Light they shine when they ask you "where were you on the night of the 13th?" Like interrogation? Like what they do when they capture you? Could this mean we get captured by the Armada?!!
That's what I got.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Jun 6, 2015 wrote:
I'm trying to dissect parts of Frogfather's post from a while ago for clues to the next update. It occurred to me that two minds are better than one, so the minds of an entire community must be way better. So I'd like your help. Post your ideas below please. Here's the meat of what he said:
So you wanna know the low down about the inner workings of the fine machine we call Pirate101, eh? Well, if I told ya specifics, I’d have to send you for a long walk off a short Monquistan pier, but I can let on that we’re hard at work on some exciting stuff here. Mums the words, as they say, but if a little birdie whistled three words in your ear, they would be “battle, boats, and buddies”. How annoyingly vague would that little birdie be? I would probably tell that birdie to sing somewhere else, but I’m afraid that’s all you get for now because all this hard work here . . . it’s not quite ready for the light of day . . . or maybe even that light they shine in your eyes when they ask you “where you were on the night of the 13th.” But, HEY, things are still moving in the general direction of forward, and in the future, once the Frogfather deems them worthy, we will let you in on our little secrets. Until then, you might keep yourself busy carrying around that crazy donkey thing that magically makes you go faster, or fighting with those pillows.
1. A short Monquistan pier? There is that underexplored skyway we have. Perhaps we'll finally get to explore it.
2. A birdie? Like a mechanical birdie with Aquilan Linear B written on it?
3. Battle, boats, and buddies... That does seems like we're getting official PvP, but it is preceding boats, so maybe Ship PvP as well. Buddies... That very likely means more companion promotions, or our friend list is expanding(but I think that's less likely)
4. Not ready for light of day? Darkmoor?! I hope, but he's a smuggler so he would do his work in the shadows.
5. Light they shine when they ask you "where were you on the night of the 13th?" Like interrogation? Like what they do when they capture you? Could this mean we get captured by the Armada?!!
That's what I got.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
Here's my take on what the FrogFather gave us:
1. A short Monquistan pier; well, we all know that Monquistan piers are short ( also not wide ). Maybe it was just a vague threat as in "If I tell you, I'll have to kill you", or it could mean more exploration in Monquista - there are two skyways presently locked against us pirates.
2. That birdie has appeared in FrogFather's posts before, just give the little chirper a worm and send him on his way.
3.Battle, boats and buddies: Storyline update, new ships & companions!
4. Not ready for the light of day - literally not ready to be seen by us pirates.
5. Perhaps the date of the 13th is significant? Perhaps the test realm will show on a 13th of an up-coming month ( or this one ) ?
Thanks for the analysis, hope "The Machine" works for you.