Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Commodore's REAL name!?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen! I was looking through the merchandise that Pirate101 has for sale(Note: look at the bottom of the shop tab dropdown and click on it. I was trying to find a good little bauble for my wish list for Christmas.) As I was looking, I found a keychain with the Commodore's picture on it, and it was listed as a Commodore Parry rectangular keychain! Could the Commodore's real name have finally been revealed to us!? Could his real name be Parry!? I never heard his real name spoken in any quests, so this may be it! Post your reply below and tell everyone what you think about this startling development!

Administrator
Ha! Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately the artist that loaded that item to our Zazzle store took a creative liberty. I'll make sure that gets changed. There is a Commodore Parry, but he's different than The Commodore, who still may have forgotten his name.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Ha! Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately the artist that loaded that item to our Zazzle store took a creative liberty. I'll make sure that gets changed. There is a Commodore Parry, but he's different than The Commodore, who still may have forgotten his name.
Thanks for the real story Jack! I forgot that there already was a Commodore Parry lol! Will we ever know the Commodore's real name then? It was funny when I saw it! Anyway, thanks for replying!

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
warriorscreed on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for the real story Jack! I forgot that there already was a Commodore Parry lol! Will we ever know the Commodore's real name then? It was funny when I saw it! Anyway, thanks for replying!
I will call him the "Commodore Komondor". I also like it because it like a pun. Komondor sounds like commander- and a commander is definetly a privateer.

What is a "komondor"?
The komondor is a protective dog that has a natural guardian instinct to guard livestock and other animals (A very similar characteristic of the class, which seems ironic). It is a real species. I dont know how I found that out
And the REALLY FUNNY THING is that the commodore actually looks EXACTLY like the typical komondor, even more ironic huh?

I think its a nice theory I made up I think. Even in the future if his actual name turns out to be Smithson Scruffy, I will call him Komondor still. Now even though marleybone is british and stuff, and komondor sounds like a name for a watermole islander, I propose a solution in the next part.

Komondor's Life:
Well here is a fanmade tale of the legend of the commodore. The commodore was a poor baby. In desperate times of war his mom packed him in a wooden box and threw him in the skyway of marleybone. This was for his own safefty. After the wooden box sailed the worlds of the spiral, it landed in the shores of Waponi Wu. Here he was raised by the watermoles, and he saved them from EVIL troggies in one massive battle. So he gained the title "Komondor" (meaning commander in Water Mole tongue). Avery found him and took him then. Since that the old dog has fought many battles across the spiral. He unfortunately forgot the watermoles and his name "komondor". So without a leader some water moles turned savage and evil. To this day he trains in fierce battles.

Hope you liked my silly story

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Golden Guardian on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
I will call him the "Commodore Komondor". I also like it because it like a pun. Komondor sounds like commander- and a commander is definetly a privateer.

What is a "komondor"?
The komondor is a protective dog that has a natural guardian instinct to guard livestock and other animals (A very similar characteristic of the class, which seems ironic). It is a real species. I dont know how I found that out
And the REALLY FUNNY THING is that the commodore actually looks EXACTLY like the typical komondor, even more ironic huh?

I think its a nice theory I made up I think. Even in the future if his actual name turns out to be Smithson Scruffy, I will call him Komondor still. Now even though marleybone is british and stuff, and komondor sounds like a name for a watermole islander, I propose a solution in the next part.

Komondor's Life:
Well here is a fanmade tale of the legend of the commodore. The commodore was a poor baby. In desperate times of war his mom packed him in a wooden box and threw him in the skyway of marleybone. This was for his own safefty. After the wooden box sailed the worlds of the spiral, it landed in the shores of Waponi Wu. Here he was raised by the watermoles, and he saved them from EVIL troggies in one massive battle. So he gained the title "Komondor" (meaning commander in Water Mole tongue). Avery found him and took him then. Since that the old dog has fought many battles across the spiral. He unfortunately forgot the watermoles and his name "komondor". So without a leader some water moles turned savage and evil. To this day he trains in fierce battles.

Hope you liked my silly story
Nice thinking GG, but I've always though that the Commodore lookes more like an Olde English Sheepdog. Although, Olde English Sheepdogs do have some similar characteristics to Komondors, but are also known to be friendlier with people than the typical Komondor is. Generally Komondors are good for friendly with a small group of people usually only those people it considers to be a part of its family.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I checked out that tab under the store's catalog that you were mentioning. I really was looking for what you were talking about, truly I was, but was sidetracked by the Catbeard Tee and took a silent vow promising Zeus himself that I will get that shirt someday and wear it at my high school, lol

"Get me outta here!"

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Bloody Belle on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
I checked out that tab under the store's catalog that you were mentioning. I really was looking for what you were talking about, truly I was, but was sidetracked by the Catbeard Tee and took a silent vow promising Zeus himself that I will get that shirt someday and wear it at my high school, lol

"Get me outta here!"
LOL! It's hard to resist the pull of that shirt! I've already asked for it for Christmas! The picture alone would make someone laugh!