Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Artisans

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
(accidentally submitted a tiny chunk of this post that just ended in midsentence - if you haven't already, reject it)

To make a long story still just as long:

The clockwork birds had a decoded message inside all of them telling us to find Caligostro, which is an anagram for Cagliostro, who was an 18th century Freemason until the Inquisition discovered him. The message was also signed G. There's a G in the middle of the Freemason symbol. Illuminati confirmed. Literally.

I was like I've got this stuff figured out!

Then I found out what the G in the Freemason symbol supposedly stands for - God. That puzzled me, but hey, didn't the Toymaker build the birds? Toymaker?

Of course, it's not like Kingsisle is going to incorporate popular, commonly debated religion into their international MMO's, which are free to play for anyone, of any race or religion. So this secret society praises the Toymaker, a mortal being, instead of almighty forces in a religion.

Okay, to sum up my theory:

The Toymaker is the founder or inspiration of a secret society, of which Caligostro is a member, based off of the Freemasons, maybe they're called the Artisans or something. They probably hold their own esoteric rituals and secret methods of communication.

I suppose the Toymaker was not the only one sending messages inside clockwork birds. Who was he sending them to?

Perhaps he was sending them out to simply anyone who could decode the messages, and he didn't mean for any specific person to get them. But what if they ended up in the wrong hands? Do you really think he'd purposely let someone like Meowiarty discover these secrets?

Why am I smartest at midnight? Anyhow, thanks for reading. Hey, lol, what if Ratbeard has something to say about this? I haven't heard from him in a while...

I am Corrupt Lucas Vries by the way, but don't come see me, I might be wearing noob clothes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
(accidentally submitted a tiny chunk of this post that just ended in midsentence - if you haven't already, reject it)

To make a long story still just as long:

The clockwork birds had a decoded message inside all of them telling us to find Caligostro, which is an anagram for Cagliostro, who was an 18th century Freemason until the Inquisition discovered him. The message was also signed G. There's a G in the middle of the Freemason symbol. Illuminati confirmed. Literally.

I was like I've got this stuff figured out!

Then I found out what the G in the Freemason symbol supposedly stands for - God. That puzzled me, but hey, didn't the Toymaker build the birds? Toymaker?

Of course, it's not like Kingsisle is going to incorporate popular, commonly debated religion into their international MMO's, which are free to play for anyone, of any race or religion. So this secret society praises the Toymaker, a mortal being, instead of almighty forces in a religion.

Okay, to sum up my theory:

The Toymaker is the founder or inspiration of a secret society, of which Caligostro is a member, based off of the Freemasons, maybe they're called the Artisans or something. They probably hold their own esoteric rituals and secret methods of communication.

I suppose the Toymaker was not the only one sending messages inside clockwork birds. Who was he sending them to?

Perhaps he was sending them out to simply anyone who could decode the messages, and he didn't mean for any specific person to get them. But what if they ended up in the wrong hands? Do you really think he'd purposely let someone like Meowiarty discover these secrets?

Why am I smartest at midnight? Anyhow, thanks for reading. Hey, lol, what if Ratbeard has something to say about this? I haven't heard from him in a while...

I am Corrupt Lucas Vries by the way, but don't come see me, I might be wearing noob clothes.
Very well done for the research! ( applause )
"It's not like KingsIsle is going to incorporate popular, commonly debated religion into their national MMO's..."
Well, they have already done this as seen in Monquista ( remember the banana debate? ) and MooShu ( with the introduction of both the Buddha & Tao Tzu ). As well as in Aquila with the ancient gods of Greece and Rome. In the quest "The Temple Curcuit" we're required to make offering to these gods.
Now as a believing Christian this at first disturbed me - making offerings fits the description of idolatry. But I believe its the intent of the action and belief that makes it a sin, as I don't believe in these gods then I wasn't worshiping them.
Yes these Artisans could be analogous to the Illuminati, it will be fun to find out the truth.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
Very well done for the research! ( applause )
"It's not like KingsIsle is going to incorporate popular, commonly debated religion into their national MMO's..."
Well, they have already done this as seen in Monquista ( remember the banana debate? ) and MooShu ( with the introduction of both the Buddha & Tao Tzu ). As well as in Aquila with the ancient gods of Greece and Rome. In the quest "The Temple Curcuit" we're required to make offering to these gods.
Now as a believing Christian this at first disturbed me - making offerings fits the description of idolatry. But I believe its the intent of the action and belief that makes it a sin, as I don't believe in these gods then I wasn't worshiping them.
Yes these Artisans could be analogous to the Illuminati, it will be fun to find out the truth.
I meant-- um, I don't know. Directly copy religion into the game, I think. Like literally putting God or Jesus into the game. Most of the religious figures in the game have puns in their names. Maybe if they were in the game, they'd be Gouda and Cheesus.

This is all confusing, due to Greek and Egyptian religions being exactly the same as in real life, except for the overall names of the religions, like Aquilan and Krokotopian or something.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jan 10, 2016 wrote:
I meant-- um, I don't know. Directly copy religion into the game, I think. Like literally putting God or Jesus into the game. Most of the religious figures in the game have puns in their names. Maybe if they were in the game, they'd be Gouda and Cheesus.

This is all confusing, due to Greek and Egyptian religions being exactly the same as in real life, except for the overall names of the religions, like Aquilan and Krokotopian or something.
I suspect the reason why the Egyptian and Greek gods are more directly copied is twofold, first, to make them more recognizable, and second, because they aren't worshipped anymore, so people won't have as big of a problem putting them into the game as other religions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jan 10, 2016 wrote:

Oh great, a direct charge of blasphemy coming to KI, so wonderful for their reputation Yes, Jehovah, God & Allah shouldn't appear in this game.