Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The annoying armada marine's horrid halberd!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I enter the stormy vortex, my fate uncertain. The flames from the burning wreckage and the torrential rains create a horrible sensation of hot and cold. This could be my doom, facing the menacing general of the armada.

I hurry to the aid of lost voices and howls, the dogs of war call for help. There lies high Admiral Nelson and his troops, the last of the forces of marleybone.

Out of the shadows appears a Giant, covered in red, glittered with gold and burnished black. Nelson falls, and the fate of a world lies in the balance. My crew are weary, and I am the last one standing. Marleybone's safety lies in the outcome of this battle, either that or it's doom awaits.

I face The host of the armada, each one of them standing with black empty faces and awaiting the order of the dreaded one. I grab the great sword of the fallen dragoon, and courage fills my heart.

I charged through the flames and screamed, although my faint and tired voice was hidden amongst the burning crackle of debris. With one mighty swing, Rooke the Evil, general of the armada, falls face first into the ground.

And all his soldiers vanish, and mysterious chests replace them. One catches my attention, the chest of Rooke.

El Toro: Never has a battle been so fierce and brave my captain. Open this chest and seize the prize of glory!

The crew stares as I open the chest. It was Ratbeard who got angry first.

Ratbeard: What in the name of Davy Bones be this madness! After all your effort, you receive-

Me: I know Ratbeard, yet another armada marines halberd! Let's go back to the sigil and try again.

Ok KI, it is annoying that every time I open a level 50 boss chest, I get a level 15 piece of gear. Pls remove this!

Developer
There is an ARMADA WEAPONS loot table, on which all kinds of Armada weapons appear, across the whole spectrum of their weapons.

Rooke has this loot table-- among his other loot tables-- because he's Armada.

The fact that an Armada halberd dropped from Rooke does not mean that the halberd took the place of any of Rooke's better loot tables. He drops multiple things, from multiple tables, including his own Boss loot table.

All Armada units have the Armada weapons table, and the higher level the unit, the better they can roll on that table. This was added a few patches back, when we finally added some higher level Armada guys to drop more interesting high-level weapons (such as the Dragoon and Seraph weapons). It also happened to be added around the same time as the Bazaar to help populate the Bazaar with a few weapons that lower level players might like to purchase.

Prior to this, Armada troops only ever dropped gold-- they never dropped any kind of equipment.

All that being said, it appears that players would prefer to return to something more similar to that system. Whereas before you might fight an Armada Dragoon and get a low level weapon, or some gold, or a rare Dragoon weapon, I'll rejigger the loot tables so you only get gold or a Dragoon weapon. The Dragoon weapons won't be any less rare than before, so that means you'll be more likely to see "just gold" from Armada fights.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
That......was....excellent writing! I found myself drawn completely into your struggle and the emotion of your battle and the disappointment of your prize. Well done! I do agree with you completely that for higher level bosses better gear should be dropped. If there was some way for KI you allow the drop rate for better gear to increase if you win a battle with your pirate or one of your crew as the last character standing that would be cool also.

I hope on your next try you received a worthy reward.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Ratbeard on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
There is an ARMADA WEAPONS loot table, on which all kinds of Armada weapons appear, across the whole spectrum of their weapons.

The fact that an Armada halberd dropped from Rooke does not mean that the halberd took the place of any of Rooke's better loot tables. He drops multiple things, from multiple tables, including his own Boss loot table.

All Armada units have the Armada weapons table, and the higher level the unit, the better they can roll on that table. This was added a few patches back, when we finally added some higher level Armada guys to drop more interesting high-level weapons (such as the Dragoon and Seraph weapons). It also happened to be added around the same time as the Bazaar to help populate the Bazaar with a few weapons that lower level players might like to purchase.

Prior to this, Armada troops only ever dropped gold-- they never dropped any kind of equipment.

All that being said, it appears that players would prefer to return to something more similar to that system. Whereas before you might fight an Armada Dragoon and get a low level weapon, or some gold, or a rare Dragoon weapon, I'll rejigger the loot tables so you only get gold or a Dragoon weapon. The Dragoon weapons won't be any less rare than before, so that means you'll be more likely to see "just gold" from Armada fights.
Well, um, I really hope that was just sarcasm there Mr. Ratbeard sir. I for one, am perfectly happy receiving low level Armada gear with my max level swashbuckler. I either trade the gear to my lower level pirates who can use it, or I just sell it for the gold.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:

I see your point Ratbeard. I wasn't aware that all those low level weapons did not take the place of the good stuff. I too thought that the low level stuff was bumping away the good stuff. Thank you for clarifying this. It has helped my lower level pirates to have good weapons much sooner so they appreciated it. Now that I no longer have low level ones I just sell the weapons. We players mustn't forget that there are lots of players that have slots left to make new pirates and those low level things can be useful.
Just a question Ratbeard, are those low level weapons being dropped by bosses at their level too? Just wondered if the higher bosses are the Only source of these weapons. If that is the case then these complaints would be a case of us cutting off our weapon just to spite our ammunition.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Yes I was doing fort elena and got so many armarda halberdier and guns but unfortunately they do 38to 51 damage make the higher level ones drop halberdier and guns with better stats please