Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Take Me Out to the Arena

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
I've got a short parody here for y'all to hear(err, read). I've got another one coming but I want to hear your feedback on this one first.

Disclaimer: It's not going to be nearly as good as Finnagin's or Valkoor's paordies so bear with me please.

This is a parody of Take Me out To The Ball Game

Take, me out to the Arena
Take, me to see Scrip Top!
Come in with potions and get some scrip
I don't care if I leave in one piece
For I, want to be that Arena Ace
If I, don't live it's a shame
For it's 1, 2, 3 Strikes* your out at the ol' Arena-a-a-a.

*Assassin's Strkes

Tell me how I did so I know what to do and what not to do when I post another parody.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Well.... Ehhh... Was ok

~Clever Finnigan Voss~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Aug 8, 2015 wrote:
I've got a short parody here for y'all to hear(err, read). I've got another one coming but I want to hear your feedback on this one first.

Disclaimer: It's not going to be nearly as good as Finnagin's or Valkoor's paordies so bear with me please.

*Assassin's Strkes

Tell me how I did so I know what to do and what not to do when I post another parody.

You could try to make it rhyme a little better, but its still a good effort!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

*Assassin's Strkes

Very clever. I admit I sang the whole thing

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It's a fun idea but didn't get the melody.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hey Dolan!

I think you did quite an admirable job. Making parodies from songs, especially iconic ones, can be a lot of fun and also a challenge.

Something that always helps me when I "occasionally" try on my parody pants, is to not worry about it being perfect. After all, arrrt is in the eye the beholder...occasionally the eye with the patch.

It's not always going to be a perfect parody, may often be a bit quirky or not quite flow like the original....but eh, so what?! As long as you had fun doing it and it brought a smile to you and a few others, than it was worth it. To me some of the most brilliant and beautiful poems or songs that I have read and/or heard, are the ones that 'read' or 'sing' the most awkwardly.

So just keep having fun with it, be proud of what you attempt and come up with. And always take constructive criticism to heart and with an open mind-- and treat it as a wondrous tool....a palette of potential, if you will.

Keep up the writing and creativity and.......PLAY BALL!!!

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
You could try to make it rhyme a little better, but its still a good effort!
Thank you very much! I'll keep that in mind.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
Very clever. I admit I sang the whole thing
If we're being honest, I started singing it quietly at school while I was writing it. Even as I was typing it I was singing it in my head(and out loud a bit).

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
Hey Dolan!

I think you did quite an admirable job. Making parodies from songs, especially iconic ones, can be a lot of fun and also a challenge.

Something that always helps me when I "occasionally" try on my parody pants, is to not worry about it being perfect. After all, arrrt is in the eye the beholder...occasionally the eye with the patch.

It's not always going to be a perfect parody, may often be a bit quirky or not quite flow like the original....but eh, so what?! As long as you had fun doing it and it brought a smile to you and a few others, than it was worth it. To me some of the most brilliant and beautiful poems or songs that I have read and/or heard, are the ones that 'read' or 'sing' the most awkwardly.

So just keep having fun with it, be proud of what you attempt and come up with. And always take constructive criticism to heart and with an open mind-- and treat it as a wondrous tool....a palette of potential, if you will.

Keep up the writing and creativity and.......PLAY BALL!!!
Aye, you're too kind Valkoor.

I will say, I had a lot of fun with it. I'm trying to get more into creative writing and parodies are always a fun place to start.

I always take constructive criticism as a gift. Instead of just saying "Your song stinks, you stink", people are taking the time out of their day to give me advice, and I'll never take that for granted. While nothing in life is perfect, I can always try to get as close as possible.

Now, I'd like to thank you, and everybody else that has posted, for taking the time out of your day to give your feedback on my parody. I very much appreciate it and will take all of your comments to heart.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013

*Assassin's Strkes

Lol I remember hearing this song when I was a kid. Great parody! Talon approves of this epicness

Fearless talon lewis

Golden leo

Sean nightingale

The warriors of the spiral