Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Story Writing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 10, 2009
I've got writer's block; I'm trying to write a story for the fan fiction page but I have one problem and I would need a response from one of community leaders to help me understand the guidelines more. What exactly do you consider foul language? I looked up language in E10+ games and they apparently use mild curse words; please respond.

Administrator
Definitely no curse words. Avoid anything too dark or scary or gory. If something seems questionable, err on the side of caution and don't include it.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
To make sure it doesn't get to dark or scary, be sure to never confuse poison with knock-out drops! It won't end well!!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Apr 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 20, 2012 wrote:
Definitely no curse words. Avoid anything too dark or scary or gory. If something seems questionable, err on the side of caution and don't include it.
I've noticed one peice of dialogue included the word 'godsend'; if you used only the first half of that word, would that work or would the story not make it?

Administrator
Abby Fisher on Nov 20, 2012 wrote:
I've noticed one peice of dialogue included the word 'godsend'; if you used only the first half of that word, would that work or would the story not make it?
Again, if it seem questionable, err on the side of caution.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012

Oh oh, i speak in scurvy pirate speak sometimes, apologies !