Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Spell Boosts and Summons

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
So it seems that Scratch's spell power buff also buffs the level of the creatures from summons. I was able to summon a level 132 creature after using all three of his buffs in at the same time, then summoning a Corsair. To test the limits of this, I propose that four privateers use all the will and Scratch buffs available, then all summon a creature.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
well...

We got a level 398 after the experiment above, but one in the team of 4 was a swashbuckler, so it obviously wasn't the highest level possible.

Here's an ideal schedule for buffing:

Rounds 1-5
Use Old Scratch's 10-round buff and use as many 10-round Will buffs as possible. Discard any doubloon that isn't a Spell Power or Will doubloon.

Rounds 6-7
Use Old Scratch's 5-round buff and use as many 5- or 10-round Will buffs as possible. Discard any doubloon that isn't a Spell Power or Will doubloon.

Rounds 8-9
Use Old Scratch's 3-round buff and use as many 3-, 5-, or 10-round Will buffs as possible. Discard any doubloon that isn't a Spell Power or Will doubloon.

Round 10
Use Spell Power or Will doubloons, use as many 3-, 5- or 10-round Will buffs as possible, and have the person with the 4th turn summon. Preferably summon scorpions with the Nefarious Staff, they have a very high base level.

I think, with the doubloons included, you could get minions near level 500.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
132? Compared to my brother's. That's nothing. 207 is the one he gets.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
These levels are high, but are these summons any more effective than non-buffed summons?

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:
These levels are high, but are these summons any more effective than non-buffed summons?
This summon seems to dodge much more than a normal summon. Besides that, I saw very little evidence of increase damage or critical. This is just from observation, not testing.