Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sparring Hall Drama

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in the Spar Chamber Section, but that seems more for strategies and changes, also sorry if a similar thread exists already.

At any rate, I just want to vent a little. As Witchdoctor is my primary class I like to PvP with him a lot. I get into a ranked match with a buccaneer, and already I am thinking that this will be a hard match, and it was. However the problem started to rise as the match progressed. He had gotten angry at me for using Kraken's Lament, granted from my Pet and Valor's Fortress, granted by my Swami's Slippers. Funny thing is: He uses a Kraken's Lament and a Levi's Armor before I did any one of my shields. He gets angrier, and calls me a few choice words, when I summon my scorpions from the Nefarious Staff and boosted them with the Grizzled Heart Banner. After beating him I promptly tell him "gg" and go on my way. When back in the Spar Chamber he goes and calls me another choice word. Not really one for talking, I ignored him for the whole match not saying anything in response, but at this time he really just struck a nerve.

So I ask him to explain what was unfair about the match. And he talks about the Scratch Buff, level 110 skeleton, Scorpions, the beast banner and shields. Saying that he would have won if I wasn't a coward or cheap. To this I responded, that I put in the time to go farm for my items as well as thought into what would be beneficial for universal fights and hatching a pet I like for PvP, after which he left.

Personally, I'm tired of getting flak for staying back and playing like a witchdoctor, being called a coward and cheap when I get a critical.

But, Oh well what are ya gonna do?

What do you guys think? Should I try to be more dynamic in my strategies risking damage taken or sit back and react to overzealous players.

Lastly I am interested in any bad(or good) PvP experience you've had.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
LankyRyan on Jan 16, 2016 wrote:
I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in the Spar Chamber Section, but that seems more for strategies and changes, also sorry if a similar thread exists already.

At any rate, I just want to vent a little. As Witchdoctor is my primary class I like to PvP with him a lot. I get into a ranked match with a buccaneer, and already I am thinking that this will be a hard match, and it was. However the problem started to rise as the match progressed. He had gotten angry at me for using Kraken's Lament, granted from my Pet and Valor's Fortress, granted by my Swami's Slippers. Funny thing is: He uses a Kraken's Lament and a Levi's Armor before I did any one of my shields. He gets angrier, and calls me a few choice words, when I summon my scorpions from the Nefarious Staff and boosted them with the Grizzled Heart Banner. After beating him I promptly tell him "gg" and go on my way. When back in the Spar Chamber he goes and calls me another choice word. Not really one for talking, I ignored him for the whole match not saying anything in response, but at this time he really just struck a nerve.

So I ask him to explain what was unfair about the match. And he talks about the Scratch Buff, level 110 skeleton, Scorpions, the beast banner and shields. Saying that he would have won if I wasn't a coward or cheap. To this I responded, that I put in the time to go farm for my items as well as thought into what would be beneficial for universal fights and hatching a pet I like for PvP, after which he left.

Personally, I'm tired of getting flak for staying back and playing like a witchdoctor, being called a coward and cheap when I get a critical.

What do you guys think? Should I try to be more dynamic in my strategies risking damage taken or sit back and react to overzealous players.

He was just ticked off that a Witchdoctor ( the class that's supposed to bad in PVP ) beat him using powers that are "his", being smart in gear choices and using a good strategy ( that's what Old Scratch is for ).
You handled that situation admirably.
I've had many bad PVP experiences ( before Ranked ) I don't want to re-hash them. My experiences in Ranked ( on the whole have been positive ).

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013

I don't play PvP very often because some people are very competitive about it and easily angered if they lose.

This is very likely the case for your angry opponent. Sorry you had to deal with such a sore loser

I think the main thing to learn from this is that no matter how you play, people will get mad at you. You know why? Because they're upset that they didn't win. It has nothing to do with what you used, it's the fact that you played better. Bullies will insult you to make themselves feel bigger and to make themselves feel superior to you. You did the right thing by just ignoring him.

The most important thing is to play however you want. If everybody played the same way PvP would be soooo boring! You just keep having fun and ignoring the haters

I hope you have a fantastic week, and good luck in your future PvP endeavors!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Ringleader

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013

I am a witch at rank warrior (can't be stuffed ranking to champs don't judge) I have never encountered such audacity do not doubt whatever strategy your using because it is clearly working and the Buccaneer would have thought it to be an easy fight, a good thing to do with other classes is to say stuff like "I'm rank contender your going to win" or " oh no I am definitely going to lose now my power didn't show up" I don't know why but I find most of my opponents getting too confident and then it becomes there demise, you playing great don't change a thing

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I suggest you be you. You have worked hard for your stuff and used your experiences to learn what works best for you and you use the game dynamics to their best to help you succeed. You are doing it RIGHT! PvP is to show your mettle against other classes and you are doing it well. Don't let someone who is a poor sport or has not chosen to use the good manners taught to him ruin your well deserved victories. Keep fighting on and fighting well. You are doing just fine and should be proud of your achievements.