Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

So.. what do Pirates do in their downtime?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9779
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
Hey....what a coincidence!!!

Every Thursday night at Valkoor's Cheese Chateau-- aka, The Block-Ade-- Ratty and Milo dress up in cheese costumes as they dance the Chorlton (same as the Charleston...just whilst cheese adorned) while they sing We are Fermiere! Ratbeard's little Skarakeet even gets in on the act. Yep, good ol' Polly-O is usually backing them up....on strings (okay, that was pretty cheesie!)

Your fine crew of musical marauders would fit right in and surely be welcomed in "Slice of Haven", anytime. <Geesh, Valkoor...just how many names does your karaoke bar have anyways!??!!???> I bet they'd put on a grand show and the music would delight the masses. Valkoor would even hook them all up with free membership into the Cheese of the Decade Club and a flip through calendar featuring a variety of cheeses looking quite irresistible. If he's feeling super generous he may even dish out some memberships to the downstairs reverse-fitness club! Never miss a cheese curl or cheese dip again. Just watch out for some of the "local dumbbells."

Well, you missed a great show last night, as Ratbeard was in rare form...even for him! He let off some fireworks in some of the empty Yum casks and went around screaming "Look, it's Cracker Barrel!" Clearly he may need a bit of help (and me thinks, me too!)
But we all know Ratbeard's favorite is ABBA and I bet you could have a great rendition of "Dairying Queen"!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
As things get sillier...

You know, there is a real life, 'Age of Pirates' song (from the 17th C.) called 'In Praise of a Dairy' which would be surely sung in in Valkoor's cheese shop (cheese inn? cheesy inn??). It's sung to the excellent 16th C. tune of Packington's Pound, that I expect Esperanza already knows, and probably a number of other people as well. And since Anne likes to sing, I can justify giving a verse of this silly song in this thread (To sing this to Packington's Pound, don't repeat the first phrase as you would ordinarily do for the original song, and it will work out perfectly)

The first of fair dairy maids, if you'll believe,
Was Adam's own wife, our great grandmother Eve
Who oft milked a cow,
As well she knew how.
Though butter was not then as cheap as 'tis now,
She hoarded no butter or cheese on her shelves,
For butter and cheese in those days made themselves.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 15, 2016 wrote:
As things get sillier...

You know, there is a real life, 'Age of Pirates' song (from the 17th C.) called 'In Praise of a Dairy' which would be surely sung in in Valkoor's cheese shop (cheese inn? cheesy inn??). It's sung to the excellent 16th C. tune of Packington's Pound, that I expect Esperanza already knows, and probably a number of other people as well. And since Anne likes to sing, I can justify giving a verse of this silly song in this thread (To sing this to Packington's Pound, don't repeat the first phrase as you would ordinarily do for the original song, and it will work out perfectly)

The first of fair dairy maids, if you'll believe,
Was Adam's own wife, our great grandmother Eve
Who oft milked a cow,
As well she knew how.
Though butter was not then as cheap as 'tis now,
She hoarded no butter or cheese on her shelves,
For butter and cheese in those days made themselves.
Dair(y) I say....that there is my kind of song-- for butter or worse! Thank you for the always insightful and delightful comments and knowledge, Anne. Any day that you learn something new, especially dairy related-- well, that's a creamy, uh- I mean dreamy, day. Now, I must see if my brain has enough juice left in it to churn up something to go along with Esperanza's dairy good suggestion.

The silly must go on.....

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Sam Underhill on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
Sam looked down at the few coppers left in his hand. Unless something turned up soon, he would have to follow Ratbeard's advice and just plain go piratin'. The crew were making the best of their enforced stay on Skull Island. Sam sighed theatrically and prepared for another sojourn into the bowels of the ship to scrounge up something else to sell at the bazaar.

"Cap'n! Guess what?"
"You found a hidden treasure chest behind the dueling arena?"
"No, but you're not too far off."
"Avery's finally going to pay us for that last job we pulled for him?"
"Getting colder."
"I'm going to glare at you now. And I won't stop until you've talked." Sam reached for his thesaurus. "Spilled the beans, vocalized, communicated..."
"Enough, alright, I'll talk." Was that a bead of sweat on Milo's brow? Served him right. "There's a new cheese shop called the Block-Ade. I figured we could all go there for a treat while we wait for the ship to finish repairs."
"And pay with what? Any place that new won't take credit. At least not from the likes of us. Unless they're idiots."
"Well, Cap'n. How about the treat's on me this time."
"And where did you get money? Have you been holding out on me. I mean, - us?"
"It's not like that, Cap'n. I actually save my share. Well, part of it anyway. It should be enough to buy some cheese and lemonade."
"Unless Ratbeard comes along."
"Well... yeah. Maybe they served blackened toasted cheese the way his Mama used to make."
"Let's hope not. Alright, you talked me into it, thanks. Go ahead and see if anyone else wants to come. So where is this place?"
"I hear it's in the Ancient Tunnels..."
"Uh, Cap'n...you don't think all this new found success in the dairy industry, be gettin' to ye- do ya? I mean you knows what they say...A King with a swollen head, oft has trouble wearing the Crown!"
"Who says that?"
"Well, I just did...and maybe someone else..."
"Don't get your beard in a bristle, Ratty. I'm happy that the Block-Ade is doing well. But this is just a for fun, way to make ends meet, endeavor that I'm currently enjoying. We all know piratin' ain't what it used to be...these days!"
"Aye Cap'n, ye can say that again. I sure miss having new worlds to explore!"
"All in good time, Bonnie. We'll be setting sails for more adventure soon...I hope!"

"But on to other news! I'm proud to say that we'll be adding a new room to the downstairs fit-less area. A room dedicated to pilates!"
"Uh...Cap'n. Why we be needing a room full of dinnerware? And since when did ye speak French?"
"Not plates, you git!...Pilates!"
"Okay, well excuse me! Then just why do we need a room for wooden stack-a-ma-thingies? Seems a waste of space to me!"
"Okay Nibbles, let me spell it out for ye! Not palettes...P-I-L-A-T-E-S...pilates!"
"But there be no aero planes in the Spiral yet. Where all these pilots going to be coming from? And enough of the French already!"
"I resent that, tis a B-eautiful language, is it not?"
"Sorry, Pepe...no disrespect intended. But I'm just trying to make sense of this."
"Good luck with that!"
"And don't hurt yourself..."
"So the new room will be for...pilates, Cap'n?"
"Yes, Ratbeard. The new room will house our new fitness program-- Pirates Doing Pilates."
"That seems like quite a stretch!"
"EXACTLY!"
"What?"
"Pilates is a stretch!"
"Arr, you got that right!"
"Ughhhh! I an I be needing some of dat Cheese Yum, though I an I has no place to put it."
"I'll be joinin' ye!"
"Me too!"
"What I say?"
"Ratty, you're truly the Cheese Wiz!"
"Aye, probably from me's drinking all that Cheese Yum! Goes right through ye!"
"I need a nap!"
"Or a muzzle Cap'n!"
"Aye..."

Commodore
May 31, 2009
873
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
Howdy!

Captain Cruel Owen Quarrel here! Anybody have any little ideas/headcanons for what their pirates or companions do in their downtime? It can be serious or silly, doesn't matter to me I'm just curious to see if anyone has any little head canons. In fact, why not just make this entire topic about head canons? I mean, you don't have to.. I just thought it'd be cool..

Personally, I think Owen would study ancient scrolls and maps and discussing battle strategies with Rachel. Speaking of, I'd guess that Rachel oftentimes starts fights in Taverns with Ratbeard and Monkey King at her side. Malcolm probably spends time socializing and cracking funny jokes, but on days that he doesn't feel like doing much, he probably sketches blueprints for his dream gun, or maybe blueprints for guns in general since I'd like to think that he's an aspiring gunsmith. Isaac just pesters everybody for the sake of annoying them. Kiley keeps to herself and meditates.

Kinda silly, but I'd love to hear if you guys have any funny little ideas for what the crew does in their downtime

Thanks so much for reading this, and I hope you have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Soul Searcher
(As much as I hate to interrupt this fabulous thread skit that I have been grinning like a loon at, I'd like to address the topic put forth by the OP because for once I actually have things in mind and I'm not spewing whatever I think of first.)

Misty is the busiest out of all of my pirates; if she gets a chance to rest, she'd love to curl up in a comfy chair with a cup of tea and a good book. She also has a small interest in the arts of her homeland, MooShu, though she doesn't often have an opportunity to practice.

Holly's downtime is usually spent in training or with friends at a tavern, if any are free. Since she's also tied to the Marleybonian Navy, she spends quite a bit of time dealing with anything related to that.

Lucas is probably the most boring out of the six; as he is a musketeer, his only love is his weapons, and he spends an inordinate amount of time cleaning and taking care of them, and if he's not doing that, he has his head buried in some odd history book. Attempts to drag him away from either activity are generally unsuccessful.

Kestrel has a love for brawling, and is always ready for a friendly match. She is also an incredibly gifted violinist, though she does not play for others often because she's shy about her talent.

Jean is a very academic lad; it is an extremely bad idea to disturb him from his studies. He is currently working through some advanced mathematics and is conducting a few chemical experiments in hopes of blowing something up to alleviate this horrible boredom because nothing's happening around here, don't you see, Bonnie? (She does see, but she'd rather he get rid of the chemistry table before something inevitably catches on fire.)

Brynn has gotten into the habit of talking with ghosts, poring over ancient tomes, and performing odd jobs for folks trying to get rid of angry spirits. Poltergeist making things rough? It'll be gone before midnight, just you wait and see. For obvious reasons, she doesn't have many living friends.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
630
Hmmm...what DO my pirates do on their so little downtime?

Wolf might be seen taking it easy and having a yum or two in his favorite place in the spiral- Tumbleweed.

Seamus enjoys chatting with Kobe in the cabin of his ship or carving little doodles in the wall by his bed.

Sergio takes a break from playing the captain all day, loving to read and study about ancient Mooshu and the evil clan that worships Hamakala, the clan he was raised from.

Zane could be found usually shooting things out of the sky or sea on the ship deck with his first mate, Louis.

India doesn't seem to get tired of studying the spells of hoodoo with her fellow hoodoo-ians.

Anna spends most of her free time roaming the spiral or checking out outfits at the bazaar.

Maybe that? Yeah, that sounds good.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
Witchdoctor Darius loves to travel the spiral, exploring every nook and cranny even if a Minotaur could be hiding in that maze he wants to wander through endlessly, he travels around using his hoodoo to show the wharf rats of scrimshaw to even the queen on marleybone some spooky magic tricks (and to easily steal their loot)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
223
Since I beat the game all the time I have is downtime. I usually spend it decorating my house or cabin as fancy as possible. I decorated my rakes lagoon as a jungle island in the caribbean and my smugglers den as well a smugglers den with alot of cargo and alot if illegal looking furniture and my privateers garrison as a renaissance festival type outdoor shopping mall. What my companions do is simple. They just wander around my houses wishing they could get paid.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
MistyDragon13 on Feb 17, 2016 wrote:
(As much as I hate to interrupt this fabulous thread skit that I have been grinning like a loon at, I'd like to address the topic put forth by the OP because for once I actually have things in mind and I'm not spewing whatever I think of first.)

Misty is the busiest out of all of my pirates; if she gets a chance to rest, she'd love to curl up in a comfy chair with a cup of tea and a good book. She also has a small interest in the arts of her homeland, MooShu, though she doesn't often have an opportunity to practice.

Holly's downtime is usually spent in training or with friends at a tavern, if any are free. Since she's also tied to the Marleybonian Navy, she spends quite a bit of time dealing with anything related to that.

Lucas is probably the most boring out of the six; as he is a musketeer, his only love is his weapons, and he spends an inordinate amount of time cleaning and taking care of them, and if he's not doing that, he has his head buried in some odd history book. Attempts to drag him away from either activity are generally unsuccessful.

Kestrel has a love for brawling, and is always ready for a friendly match. She is also an incredibly gifted violinist, though she does not play for others often because she's shy about her talent.

Jean is a very academic lad; it is an extremely bad idea to disturb him from his studies. He is currently working through some advanced mathematics and is conducting a few chemical experiments in hopes of blowing something up to alleviate this horrible boredom because nothing's happening around here, don't you see, Bonnie? (She does see, but she'd rather he get rid of the chemistry table before something inevitably catches on fire.)

Brynn has gotten into the habit of talking with ghosts, poring over ancient tomes, and performing odd jobs for folks trying to get rid of angry spirits. Poltergeist making things rough? It'll be gone before midnight, just you wait and see. For obvious reasons, she doesn't have many living friends.
Ah, Jean and... chemistry! What fun! And considering that in the world of Pirate 101 there's more than nifty things like dissatisfied valence electrons and the quantum energy of electron orbitals to make things highly reactive and want to catch on fire or go BOOM!, we also have magic! And possibly any strange reactions caused by alchemy. So even more potential ways than in real life to make explosions! (Ratbeard would be proud)

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
294
Sam Underhill on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
Sam looked down at the few coppers left in his hand. Unless something turned up soon, he would have to follow Ratbeard's advice and just plain go piratin'. The crew were making the best of their enforced stay on Skull Island. Sam sighed theatrically and prepared for another sojourn into the bowels of the ship to scrounge up something else to sell at the bazaar.

"Cap'n! Guess what?"
"You found a hidden treasure chest behind the dueling arena?"
"No, but you're not too far off."
"Avery's finally going to pay us for that last job we pulled for him?"
"Getting colder."
"I'm going to glare at you now. And I won't stop until you've talked." Sam reached for his thesaurus. "Spilled the beans, vocalized, communicated..."
"Enough, alright, I'll talk." Was that a bead of sweat on Milo's brow? Served him right. "There's a new cheese shop called the Block-Ade. I figured we could all go there for a treat while we wait for the ship to finish repairs."
"And pay with what? Any place that new won't take credit. At least not from the likes of us. Unless they're idiots."
"Well, Cap'n. How about the treat's on me this time."
"And where did you get money? Have you been holding out on me. I mean, - us?"
"It's not like that, Cap'n. I actually save my share. Well, part of it anyway. It should be enough to buy some cheese and lemonade."
"Unless Ratbeard comes along."
"Well... yeah. Maybe they served blackened toasted cheese the way his Mama used to make."
"Let's hope not. Alright, you talked me into it, thanks. Go ahead and see if anyone else wants to come. So where is this place?"
"I hear it's in the Ancient Tunnels..."
In the end, only Sam, Milo, Ratbeard and Sarah Steele (just to keep an eye on you, Cap’n) decided to make the journey to the Ancient Tunnels. Ol’ Nate was standing outside the Block-Ade’s door, acting as a part time bouncer. Once inside, the crew discovered the place was comfortably crowded. A band called Ray and the Romanos were playing on the stage. A banner on the wall proclaimed they were now in the ‘Land of the Brie’.
“Land of the Brie. What an awful pun.” Sam wondered for a moment. Awful puns, cheese… no, it couldn’t be Valkoor behind this, could it?
Ratbeard broke his reverie. “Yeah, it’s quite a Feta, isn’t it? Har, har.”
“Crack yourself up, why don’t ya?”
“If’n no one else is gonna tell cheesy puns…”
As they made their way to a table, the crew passed two white lab mice sitting in a cage on the counter. One of them started singing, “O, how I love my cheeses, cheese from around the Spiral!” Sam simply turned away shaking his head.
“Wonder how they trained them to do that,” Milo muttered.
“Must’ve had quite a brain,” Ratbeard answered, scratching his head with his pinky.
Once seated, a waitress came over and took their order. The crew decided on a large sampler platter of various varieties of cheeses and a pitcher of lemonade.
“Y’know, this place kinda reminds of the Admiral’s Elbow back in Marleybone.”
“Don’t you mean the Admiral Benbow?”
“Whatever.”
“I wonder why all the waitresses look like Amazon warriors from Aquila?”
“Maybe there’s a sale on Aquilan Goat cheese this week.”

(continued)

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
294
Sam Underhill on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
Sam looked down at the few coppers left in his hand. Unless something turned up soon, he would have to follow Ratbeard's advice and just plain go piratin'. The crew were making the best of their enforced stay on Skull Island. Sam sighed theatrically and prepared for another sojourn into the bowels of the ship to scrounge up something else to sell at the bazaar.

"Cap'n! Guess what?"
"You found a hidden treasure chest behind the dueling arena?"
"No, but you're not too far off."
"Avery's finally going to pay us for that last job we pulled for him?"
"Getting colder."
"I'm going to glare at you now. And I won't stop until you've talked." Sam reached for his thesaurus. "Spilled the beans, vocalized, communicated..."
"Enough, alright, I'll talk." Was that a bead of sweat on Milo's brow? Served him right. "There's a new cheese shop called the Block-Ade. I figured we could all go there for a treat while we wait for the ship to finish repairs."
"And pay with what? Any place that new won't take credit. At least not from the likes of us. Unless they're idiots."
"Well, Cap'n. How about the treat's on me this time."
"And where did you get money? Have you been holding out on me. I mean, - us?"
"It's not like that, Cap'n. I actually save my share. Well, part of it anyway. It should be enough to buy some cheese and lemonade."
"Unless Ratbeard comes along."
"Well... yeah. Maybe they served blackened toasted cheese the way his Mama used to make."
"Let's hope not. Alright, you talked me into it, thanks. Go ahead and see if anyone else wants to come. So where is this place?"
"I hear it's in the Ancient Tunnels..."
(continued)

The platter arrived and the crew dug in as if they hadn’t seen food in a week. Sam was sorely tempted to see if he had retained all his fingers.
“Hey, this is Gouda!” Milo exclaimed.
“Ha, ha, we all could see that coming.”
“No, Cap’n. It actually is Gouda. Oo, I do like the smoky flavor.”
“I’m feeling Blue,” Sarah announced, reaching for another piece of the colored cheese.
“Wish I had worn my Stilton hat.”
“Look out, there might be Muensters.”
They were all laughing, having a good time when Sam called over a passing waitress.
“Excuse me, miss,” he asked, “but I couldn’t help but notice there isn’t any Cheddar in this sampler.”
“I’m afraid there’s not much call for it around here, sir.”
“Not much call… it’s the single most popular cheese in the Spiral.”
“Not round these parts, sir.”
“Well, then, what is popular round these parts then?”
“It’s a secret.” She looked furtively around, then bent over to whisper confidentially to the group. “Actually, there’s a contest going on, but a secret one. The first person to order that kind of cheese gets a personal visit from the owner bearing an entire wheel of that type of cheese.”
“Who, Valkoor?”
“That’s not a type of cheese, Cap’n.”
“As long as it’s not Roquefort. I can’t stand that stuff.”
The Amazon straightened up and screamed into rafters, “Ki-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi!!! We have winner!”

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9779
Sam Underhill on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
(continued)

The platter arrived and the crew dug in as if they hadn’t seen food in a week. Sam was sorely tempted to see if he had retained all his fingers.
“Hey, this is Gouda!” Milo exclaimed.
“Ha, ha, we all could see that coming.”
“No, Cap’n. It actually is Gouda. Oo, I do like the smoky flavor.”
“I’m feeling Blue,” Sarah announced, reaching for another piece of the colored cheese.
“Wish I had worn my Stilton hat.”
“Look out, there might be Muensters.”
They were all laughing, having a good time when Sam called over a passing waitress.
“Excuse me, miss,” he asked, “but I couldn’t help but notice there isn’t any Cheddar in this sampler.”
“I’m afraid there’s not much call for it around here, sir.”
“Not much call… it’s the single most popular cheese in the Spiral.”
“Not round these parts, sir.”
“Well, then, what is popular round these parts then?”
“It’s a secret.” She looked furtively around, then bent over to whisper confidentially to the group. “Actually, there’s a contest going on, but a secret one. The first person to order that kind of cheese gets a personal visit from the owner bearing an entire wheel of that type of cheese.”
“Who, Valkoor?”
“That’s not a type of cheese, Cap’n.”
“As long as it’s not Roquefort. I can’t stand that stuff.”
The Amazon straightened up and screamed into rafters, “Ki-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi!!! We have winner!”
There ought to be a law against such a string of cheesy puns! I hope you enjoy that wheel of "Rooke-fort"
I'm just surprised no has said: "Watch out everybody, he's going to cut the cheese!"
Which I think is a good place to stop.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Sam Underhill on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
(continued)

The platter arrived and the crew dug in as if they hadn’t seen food in a week. Sam was sorely tempted to see if he had retained all his fingers.
“Hey, this is Gouda!” Milo exclaimed.
“Ha, ha, we all could see that coming.”
“No, Cap’n. It actually is Gouda. Oo, I do like the smoky flavor.”
“I’m feeling Blue,” Sarah announced, reaching for another piece of the colored cheese.
“Wish I had worn my Stilton hat.”
“Look out, there might be Muensters.”
They were all laughing, having a good time when Sam called over a passing waitress.
“Excuse me, miss,” he asked, “but I couldn’t help but notice there isn’t any Cheddar in this sampler.”
“I’m afraid there’s not much call for it around here, sir.”
“Not much call… it’s the single most popular cheese in the Spiral.”
“Not round these parts, sir.”
“Well, then, what is popular round these parts then?”
“It’s a secret.” She looked furtively around, then bent over to whisper confidentially to the group. “Actually, there’s a contest going on, but a secret one. The first person to order that kind of cheese gets a personal visit from the owner bearing an entire wheel of that type of cheese.”
“Who, Valkoor?”
“That’s not a type of cheese, Cap’n.”
“As long as it’s not Roquefort. I can’t stand that stuff.”
The Amazon straightened up and screamed into rafters, “Ki-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi!!! We have winner!”
It's beginning to smell pretty cheesie in here.I have to agree with Anecorbie on this one. That tharrr cheese talk, coming from a true gent such as yourself...be rather pun-gent. So naturally, I enjoyed it.

I believe I used up all of my cheese punnage in another thread-- some 20-30 flavors of cheese puns. So, I'll just tip my tricorne to ye, Sam and say "you're a real chip off the ol' block!"

Rooke-efort....I like that, Esperanza-- well punned!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9779
Sam Underhill on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
In the end, only Sam, Milo, Ratbeard and Sarah Steele (just to keep an eye on you, Cap’n) decided to make the journey to the Ancient Tunnels. Ol’ Nate was standing outside the Block-Ade’s door, acting as a part time bouncer. Once inside, the crew discovered the place was comfortably crowded. A band called Ray and the Romanos were playing on the stage. A banner on the wall proclaimed they were now in the ‘Land of the Brie’.
“Land of the Brie. What an awful pun.” Sam wondered for a moment. Awful puns, cheese… no, it couldn’t be Valkoor behind this, could it?
Ratbeard broke his reverie. “Yeah, it’s quite a Feta, isn’t it? Har, har.”
“Crack yourself up, why don’t ya?”
“If’n no one else is gonna tell cheesy puns…”
As they made their way to a table, the crew passed two white lab mice sitting in a cage on the counter. One of them started singing, “O, how I love my cheeses, cheese from around the Spiral!” Sam simply turned away shaking his head.
“Wonder how they trained them to do that,” Milo muttered.
“Must’ve had quite a brain,” Ratbeard answered, scratching his head with his pinky.
Once seated, a waitress came over and took their order. The crew decided on a large sampler platter of various varieties of cheeses and a pitcher of lemonade.
“Y’know, this place kinda reminds of the Admiral’s Elbow back in Marleybone.”
“Don’t you mean the Admiral Benbow?”
“Whatever.”
“I wonder why all the waitresses look like Amazon warriors from Aquila?”
“Maybe there’s a sale on Aquilan Goat cheese this week.”

(continued)
Esperanza: "Sarah, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Sarah: "I think so , Captain, how did this turn into a role play and how long are they going to let us get away with it?"
Esperanza: "No, actually, I was just wondering what was on the dessert menu. Ah! Cheesecake, of course! Oooh this looks nice, a Raspberry White chocolate cheesecake - let's have that!"

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
242
anecorbie on Mar 5, 2016 wrote:
Esperanza: "Sarah, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Sarah: "I think so , Captain, how did this turn into a role play and how long are they going to let us get away with it?"
Esperanza: "No, actually, I was just wondering what was on the dessert menu. Ah! Cheesecake, of course! Oooh this looks nice, a Raspberry White chocolate cheesecake - let's have that!"
Owen: *Jolts awake, surprising Egg and Ratbeard* CHEESECAKE! WHERE?!
Malcolm: *Nearly falls out of his seat* Holy smokes..
Rachel: We don't get paid enough to deal with this nonsense.
Isaac: *Snickers* What're you gonna do, start a mutiny?
Rachel: No. I'm gonna find the owner of this establishment.
*Everybody audibly gasps*

(Haha I didn't mean for it to devolve into this but I think this is lovely. It's been a rough week and this thread is bringing a smile to my face)

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
162
"How did this turn into a role play and how long are they going to let us get away with it?"

Shhhh! Sarah!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Mar 9, 2016 wrote:
Owen: *Jolts awake, surprising Egg and Ratbeard* CHEESECAKE! WHERE?!
Malcolm: *Nearly falls out of his seat* Holy smokes..
Rachel: We don't get paid enough to deal with this nonsense.
Isaac: *Snickers* What're you gonna do, start a mutiny?
Rachel: No. I'm gonna find the owner of this establishment.
*Everybody audibly gasps*

(Haha I didn't mean for it to devolve into this but I think this is lovely. It's been a rough week and this thread is bringing a smile to my face)
"Hey, Bonnie! Seems we've got a bit of a problem here. Some of the customers seem to think we got cheesecake on the menu!"
"Well that tharr be no problem at all. I'll just grab a rag or spoon and clean the menu off!"
"Not on the menu, ye bearded biscuit, ON the menu...as in, a choice in the menu."
"That is a problem Bonnie. So, if they ate raspberry white chocolate cheesecake, and we don't actually have raspberry white chocolate cheesecake... what exactly did Ratbeard serve them?"
"Beats the heck outta me, alls I know is that it was made of cheese, had some red and white in it, didn't smell half bad...and they actually liked it!"

"Any of you seen my pet Crawlie? It was over by the oven, playing with Ratty and chasing a cheese wheel."
"CHEESY, CRAB CAKES!!! Uh...I mean no, Cap'n. Haven't seen hide nor claw of it! And that table over there, didn't just eat it for dessert, either . Nope, sure didn't."
"We don't serve desserts."
"Exactly! Well, gotta run and go wax my leg and pick up the latest copy of Radiant Rodent Review!"
"Ratty sure is acting more strange than normal."
"Dere be no normal, wit dat one dere."

"So should we tell the lovely customer about the "cheesecake" incident?"
"No best not spoil it for them...don't want them to leave in a crabby mood!"
"That's just tasteless..."
"Well apparently not completely tasteless!"
"Arrr, arrggh..har..har..harrr!"
"Pipe down would ye all! Best not be letting Cap'n catch wind of what happened. He's still looking for poor, dear Gritty Sniffles."
"It'll take more than a pinch of luck for him to find that crab."
"Guess you could say he got his just desserts!"
"Or they did, I suppose..."
"Uh, quiet...here he comes!"

"Any luck finding that little critter, Cap'n?"
"No, Bonnie. But I'm sure he's around somewhere."
"Yeah, probably just went down the hatch..."
"Literally..."

"Excuse me, sir. We'd love to get seconds of that lovely red and white cheesecake dessert!"
"Dessert..but we don't....RATBEEAAARRRDD!!!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9779
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 9, 2016 wrote:
"Hey, Bonnie! Seems we've got a bit of a problem here. Some of the customers seem to think we got cheesecake on the menu!"
"Well that tharr be no problem at all. I'll just grab a rag or spoon and clean the menu off!"
"Not on the menu, ye bearded biscuit, ON the menu...as in, a choice in the menu."
"That is a problem Bonnie. So, if they ate raspberry white chocolate cheesecake, and we don't actually have raspberry white chocolate cheesecake... what exactly did Ratbeard serve them?"
"Beats the heck outta me, alls I know is that it was made of cheese, had some red and white in it, didn't smell half bad...and they actually liked it!"

"Any of you seen my pet Crawlie? It was over by the oven, playing with Ratty and chasing a cheese wheel."
"CHEESY, CRAB CAKES!!! Uh...I mean no, Cap'n. Haven't seen hide nor claw of it! And that table over there, didn't just eat it for dessert, either . Nope, sure didn't."
"We don't serve desserts."
"Exactly! Well, gotta run and go wax my leg and pick up the latest copy of Radiant Rodent Review!"
"Ratty sure is acting more strange than normal."
"Dere be no normal, wit dat one dere."

"So should we tell the lovely customer about the "cheesecake" incident?"
"No best not spoil it for them...don't want them to leave in a crabby mood!"
"That's just tasteless..."
"Well apparently not completely tasteless!"
"Arrr, arrggh..har..har..harrr!"
"Pipe down would ye all! Best not be letting Cap'n catch wind of what happened. He's still looking for poor, dear Gritty Sniffles."
"It'll take more than a pinch of luck for him to find that crab."
"Guess you could say he got his just desserts!"
"Or they did, I suppose..."
"Uh, quiet...here he comes!"

"Any luck finding that little critter, Cap'n?"
"No, Bonnie. But I'm sure he's around somewhere."
"Yeah, probably just went down the hatch..."
"Literally..."

"Excuse me, sir. We'd love to get seconds of that lovely red and white cheesecake dessert!"
"Dessert..but we don't....RATBEEAAARRRDD!!!"
Esperanza *sputters and chokes, then spits out a bit of crab shell* "Barnacles! This place is going down hill fast!"
Birgus: "What in blazes?!"
Sarah: "Oh my, that's not supposed to be in there is it?"
Esperanza: "Find me that manager, NOW!"

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
294
"You know, Cap'n, pushing this wheel of cheese uphill ain't easy."
"I know, I had it going downhill."
(momentary silence)
"Sorry, Cap'n."
"Actually, Cap'n. Now that I thinks 'bout it, having this wheel of cheese around ain't all bad."
"No, Ratbeard, you may not make toasted cheese on toast with a side dish of extra melted cheese it to dunk it in with it."
"Aww... what if I...?
"NO!"
"Hey Cap'n!"
"Yes, Milo?"
"If the ship has a flat tire, we can use this as a spare."
"Milo."
"Yes, Cap'n?"
"Shut up and push."

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Sam Underhill on Mar 10, 2016 wrote:
"You know, Cap'n, pushing this wheel of cheese uphill ain't easy."
"I know, I had it going downhill."
(momentary silence)
"Sorry, Cap'n."
"Actually, Cap'n. Now that I thinks 'bout it, having this wheel of cheese around ain't all bad."
"No, Ratbeard, you may not make toasted cheese on toast with a side dish of extra melted cheese it to dunk it in with it."
"Aww... what if I...?
"NO!"
"Hey Cap'n!"
"Yes, Milo?"
"If the ship has a flat tire, we can use this as a spare."
"Milo."
"Yes, Cap'n?"
"Shut up and push."
"Hey, Cap'n! You wouldn't be giving away free wheels of cheese now, would ye?"
"Well, to make up for the whole crab cake fiasco, I thought it might be in the Block-Ade's best interests. Why you askin', Bonnie?"
"Well, I see our ol' friend Sam...uh you know, Sam...er, what's his name, Underdale....?"
"No, Overboard."
"Underthere!!"
"Nah, it's Undercover..."
"Thundersnore!!"
"Tis but, Overenthusiastic!"
"Nope...nope...nope. Underspill sounds right.."
"Ooh, ooh..gimme a shot. It's Overbilled!!"

"You gits, that would be Sam UNDERHILL! Well ,what I was sayin' was that our friend Sam, is heading up that hill o'er yonder."
"Yeah and Milo looks like he's about to keel haul on over!"
"Aye, I ain't seen Milo sweatin' that much since he heard the Armada had a bounty out on coarse haired rodents!"
"Uh yeah, that'd be Corsair, ye braniac!"
"Well, he'd have easier sleddin' if he wasn't pushing that wheel of cheese. Might want to stand it up and try rolling it."
"Well, depends on which way the wheel be facing..."
"Uphill is uphill..."
"I thought ye said it was Underhill!?"
"I need a vacation..."

"Well moving on. I"m sure glad those other customers weren't too offended by eating Ratty's mistake and actually stuck around for some karaoke!"
"I think the singing may have offended them even more!"
"Hey, I think we sounded awful good. <Cheese wheel in the skyway keeps on turnin', I don't know where I want to burrow...cheese wheel in the skyway keeps me yearnin'>..."
"With an emphasis on the awful."
"Okay, okay...let's all pipe down and just enjoy the beautiful afternoon."
"Ah, that it is Cap'n...not a cloud in sight."
"Aye...such crystal clear skies. Ye can see from here to maternity..."
"Gheeesh...the things that come outta that hole above ye beard! Hey Holliday, got any duck tape...for the quack over here?"
"Let's just go inside and grab some toasted cheese."
"Aye Cap'n, hopefully this piratin' life will last for all E-ternity!"
"Huh?"
"Let's hope, Bonnie...let us hope."

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 11, 2016 wrote:
"Hey, Cap'n! You wouldn't be giving away free wheels of cheese now, would ye?"
"Well, to make up for the whole crab cake fiasco, I thought it might be in the Block-Ade's best interests. Why you askin', Bonnie?"
"Well, I see our ol' friend Sam...uh you know, Sam...er, what's his name, Underdale....?"
"No, Overboard."
"Underthere!!"
"Nah, it's Undercover..."
"Thundersnore!!"
"Tis but, Overenthusiastic!"
"Nope...nope...nope. Underspill sounds right.."
"Ooh, ooh..gimme a shot. It's Overbilled!!"

"You gits, that would be Sam UNDERHILL! Well ,what I was sayin' was that our friend Sam, is heading up that hill o'er yonder."
"Yeah and Milo looks like he's about to keel haul on over!"
"Aye, I ain't seen Milo sweatin' that much since he heard the Armada had a bounty out on coarse haired rodents!"
"Uh yeah, that'd be Corsair, ye braniac!"
"Well, he'd have easier sleddin' if he wasn't pushing that wheel of cheese. Might want to stand it up and try rolling it."
"Well, depends on which way the wheel be facing..."
"Uphill is uphill..."
"I thought ye said it was Underhill!?"
"I need a vacation..."

"Well moving on. I"m sure glad those other customers weren't too offended by eating Ratty's mistake and actually stuck around for some karaoke!"
"I think the singing may have offended them even more!"
"Hey, I think we sounded awful good. <Cheese wheel in the skyway keeps on turnin', I don't know where I want to burrow...cheese wheel in the skyway keeps me yearnin'>..."
"With an emphasis on the awful."
"Okay, okay...let's all pipe down and just enjoy the beautiful afternoon."
"Ah, that it is Cap'n...not a cloud in sight."
"Aye...such crystal clear skies. Ye can see from here to maternity..."
"Gheeesh...the things that come outta that hole above ye beard! Hey Holliday, got any duck tape...for the quack over here?"
"Let's just go inside and grab some toasted cheese."
"Aye Cap'n, hopefully this piratin' life will last for all E-ternity!"
"Huh?"
"Let's hope, Bonnie...let us hope."
Sarah: I heard tell of a new joint that opened up in the tunnels. Run by that friend of yours captain, Valkoor's 'is name, ain't it? They specialize in cheese!

Ratbeard: Cheese?! What're we waiting' for, cap'n? There's CHEESE to be eaten!

Finn: Alright. I suppose you love cheese, sarah, we'll go.

Ratbeard: Sarah?! she's...she's a mouse! Everyone knows rats looooove cheese way more than mice.

Subodai: This is the first I hear of your stupid feud.

Finn: does it really matter?

Ratbeard: fine. let's just go get some cheese. We do like cheese more though.....

At the Block-Ade

Sarah: This is mighty fine cheese here, cap'n!

Ratbeard: Indeed. I like it more than you, you mouse.

Sarah:I love this cheese as much as your brain is small!

Frankie Blue Eyes: Well Ring a ding ding! What do we have here! Pirate, Miss Steele. I'm sure you all remember me? I couldn't help but notice your little bickering here. I'm afraid the "small brained" rat is right. It is a common misconception among your egomaniacal, arrogant kind, Sarah. We rats love cheese.

Sarah: The Rat Pack? What've you sore losers been doing lately? Drinking yum, drooling all over yourselves and singing your pathetic songs?

Frankie: Ma'am, we work the Block- Ade now. Captain, Valkoor and I have been experimenting with Cheese- infused yum. Would you like to join us?............

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
162
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
Howdy!

Captain Cruel Owen Quarrel here! Anybody have any little ideas/headcanons for what their pirates or companions do in their downtime? It can be serious or silly, doesn't matter to me I'm just curious to see if anyone has any little head canons. In fact, why not just make this entire topic about head canons? I mean, you don't have to.. I just thought it'd be cool..

Personally, I think Owen would study ancient scrolls and maps and discussing battle strategies with Rachel. Speaking of, I'd guess that Rachel oftentimes starts fights in Taverns with Ratbeard and Monkey King at her side. Malcolm probably spends time socializing and cracking funny jokes, but on days that he doesn't feel like doing much, he probably sketches blueprints for his dream gun, or maybe blueprints for guns in general since I'd like to think that he's an aspiring gunsmith. Isaac just pesters everybody for the sake of annoying them. Kiley keeps to herself and meditates.

Kinda silly, but I'd love to hear if you guys have any funny little ideas for what the crew does in their downtime

Thanks so much for reading this, and I hope you have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Soul Searcher
All of my pirates are named Mycin Inglewood, aside from my one female named Myrna Inglewood, so I'll just call them by their surname.
P.S. In retrospect they're all cousins, except Myrna who is my witchdoctor's sister.

Golden - Being the oldest of the group, his responsible nature often keeps him looking after his cousins and, most protectively, his younger sister. When he does have time to himself, he often draws and enjoys experimenting with his spells, trying to mimic the powers of a Theurgist friend by the name Mycin Unicornthorn.

Silver - He is a bit mischievous. He frequently tries to prove how great a shot he is and often places glass bottles and tin cans all over the place as target practice. As for whether he finds them or "finds" them, he doesn't care.

Brass - Exploring is what he lives for. He is usually found all over the Spiral looking for new and exiting places and peoples. He often has to force himself to take a break from the skies every once in a while, instead passing the time by looking through maps and historical tomes.

Red - This bruiser is all about the brawl. His cousins often worry about him because he's always trying to test his strength against something or someone. He says it's nothing to fret about and that it's just to make sure that neither he or his sparring partners get soft when the Armada comes knocking.

Black - He spends most of his time to himself, but that's usually not where his attention is. He's always keeping his reflexes and senses as sharp as his blades, either by spying on his cousins or through blindfolded sparring matches.

Golden Myrna - She is never far away from her brother and is usually involved in his activities. Though sometimes annoyed by his "family responsibility", she finds she is just as protective of him as he is of her, especially after the Armada incident that first separated them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9779
Serpent10611 on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
All of my pirates are named Mycin Inglewood, aside from my one female named Myrna Inglewood, so I'll just call them by their surname.
P.S. In retrospect they're all cousins, except Myrna who is my witchdoctor's sister.

Golden - Being the oldest of the group, his responsible nature often keeps him looking after his cousins and, most protectively, his younger sister. When he does have time to himself, he often draws and enjoys experimenting with his spells, trying to mimic the powers of a Theurgist friend by the name Mycin Unicornthorn.

Silver - He is a bit mischievous. He frequently tries to prove how great a shot he is and often places glass bottles and tin cans all over the place as target practice. As for whether he finds them or "finds" them, he doesn't care.

Brass - Exploring is what he lives for. He is usually found all over the Spiral looking for new and exiting places and peoples. He often has to force himself to take a break from the skies every once in a while, instead passing the time by looking through maps and historical tomes.

Red - This bruiser is all about the brawl. His cousins often worry about him because he's always trying to test his strength against something or someone. He says it's nothing to fret about and that it's just to make sure that neither he or his sparring partners get soft when the Armada comes knocking.

Black - He spends most of his time to himself, but that's usually not where his attention is. He's always keeping his reflexes and senses as sharp as his blades, either by spying on his cousins or through blindfolded sparring matches.

Golden Myrna - She is never far away from her brother and is usually involved in his activities. Though sometimes annoyed by his "family responsibility", she finds she is just as protective of him as he is of her, especially after the Armada incident that first separated them.
I like the metal/color theme you have going on, and the fact that you've created a family of pirates. Does this mean that they all lost their parents in the same tragedy?

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
162
anecorbie on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
I like the metal/color theme you have going on, and the fact that you've created a family of pirates. Does this mean that they all lost their parents in the same tragedy?
Thanks
Yes, they are all family but only Golden Mycin and Myrna are siblings; the others are their cousins. And no, their parents didn't die the same way. Both the Goldens lost their parents looking for treasure, Silver from mutiny, Brass from a sky squid, Red from a storm, and Black from the Armada. The story I have in my head is that the fathers were quintuplets and each followed a different class of piracy. As for the mother, either it's the same story or Monkey King taught her some weird doppelganger spell.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
162
I think they get REALLY exited for Valencia part 2!