Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

So.. what do Pirates do in their downtime?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
242
Howdy!

Captain Cruel Owen Quarrel here! Anybody have any little ideas/headcanons for what their pirates or companions do in their downtime? It can be serious or silly, doesn't matter to me I'm just curious to see if anyone has any little head canons. In fact, why not just make this entire topic about head canons? I mean, you don't have to.. I just thought it'd be cool..

Personally, I think Owen would study ancient scrolls and maps and discussing battle strategies with Rachel. Speaking of, I'd guess that Rachel oftentimes starts fights in Taverns with Ratbeard and Monkey King at her side. Malcolm probably spends time socializing and cracking funny jokes, but on days that he doesn't feel like doing much, he probably sketches blueprints for his dream gun, or maybe blueprints for guns in general since I'd like to think that he's an aspiring gunsmith. Isaac just pesters everybody for the sake of annoying them. Kiley keeps to herself and meditates.

Kinda silly, but I'd love to hear if you guys have any funny little ideas for what the crew does in their downtime

Thanks so much for reading this, and I hope you have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Soul Searcher

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9472
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
Howdy!

Captain Cruel Owen Quarrel here! Anybody have any little ideas/headcanons for what their pirates or companions do in their downtime? It can be serious or silly, doesn't matter to me I'm just curious to see if anyone has any little head canons. In fact, why not just make this entire topic about head canons? I mean, you don't have to.. I just thought it'd be cool..

Personally, I think Owen would study ancient scrolls and maps and discussing battle strategies with Rachel. Speaking of, I'd guess that Rachel oftentimes starts fights in Taverns with Ratbeard and Monkey King at her side. Malcolm probably spends time socializing and cracking funny jokes, but on days that he doesn't feel like doing much, he probably sketches blueprints for his dream gun, or maybe blueprints for guns in general since I'd like to think that he's an aspiring gunsmith. Isaac just pesters everybody for the sake of annoying them. Kiley keeps to herself and meditates.

Kinda silly, but I'd love to hear if you guys have any funny little ideas for what the crew does in their downtime

Thanks so much for reading this, and I hope you have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Soul Searcher
Esperanza Devereaux is always "in training"; she hones her skills at her Rake's Lagoon house in the cave there. For a change of pace and fun, she drags her crew into the Smuggler's Arena.
Bonnie Anne: "we've got to find her a new hobby."
Ratbeard: "yar, fightin' isn't a hobby; we needs to find her any hobby." ( maybe crafting is the answer. )
Darcy Abbott , due to her being raised by Wharf Rats, has asked Gracie Conrad to teach her how to read and write. She is making fine progress and is gathering a library. ( she has mastered Fun with Dick and Jane & is ready for Dr. Seuss. )
Bold Bess Nightingale: is learning how to play an Organ she "found" while raiding, her attempts may drive her crew to mutiny.
Silver Isis: No one knows what she does while away from her crew ( and they're afraid to ask. )
Old Scratch: "I and I not gonna ask her, you ask her."
Mormo: "mormo not crazy. "
Black Morgan Moone: is running a "club" from out of her Bunk House, sasperilla and gambling available.
Marion Kidd: is currently reading the latest "rules and regs" from Marleybone, she also pours over strategic manuals. Yes, she's very dull.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
Recently after recruiting Froggo Villa I sit down with the assassin leaning against the rock walls with the infamous cool ranch sun shining on my face in the untamed banditoad trail.

" Hey captain" He speaks "look at nurse Quinn fighting the outlaws so weak, Ha Ha!" He jokes.

"Froggo be nice she is training to be strong so that she doesn't have to collect pet snacks anymore" I empathise with him

" You can put her in brawling then she can train" He sneers

I feel the dry clay ground trying to pick up some rocks while giving him my best death stare and then I chuck the rocks and they spray all over the Salamanader

"Hey not cool, what i am saying is true she is going up against veteran banditoads who weird guns and she has no armour." He expresses

" Yeah maybe your right, what is she doing with that med kit, is she going to heal herself with it during battle?" I reveal

" Well she just did, she is going to die and I am not helping her" froggo villa creuly admits

I hear a banditoads burst fire followed by an ear piercing cry and a flop to the ground.

" Ha Ha" He jests he celebrating like he had just killed el toro

" Alright come one lets go destroy el guapo's fortress and defeat the tyrant, It's not like we need nurse Quinn" I order

The end!

I know the punctuation is bad but I don't think you guys care, I can continue on if you wish

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
113
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
Howdy!

Captain Cruel Owen Quarrel here! Anybody have any little ideas/headcanons for what their pirates or companions do in their downtime? It can be serious or silly, doesn't matter to me I'm just curious to see if anyone has any little head canons. In fact, why not just make this entire topic about head canons? I mean, you don't have to.. I just thought it'd be cool..

Personally, I think Owen would study ancient scrolls and maps and discussing battle strategies with Rachel. Speaking of, I'd guess that Rachel oftentimes starts fights in Taverns with Ratbeard and Monkey King at her side. Malcolm probably spends time socializing and cracking funny jokes, but on days that he doesn't feel like doing much, he probably sketches blueprints for his dream gun, or maybe blueprints for guns in general since I'd like to think that he's an aspiring gunsmith. Isaac just pesters everybody for the sake of annoying them. Kiley keeps to herself and meditates.

Kinda silly, but I'd love to hear if you guys have any funny little ideas for what the crew does in their downtime

Thanks so much for reading this, and I hope you have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Soul Searcher
Most of them would likely hit the tavern. I could totally imagine Hawkules just destroying forest and things like that with his fists, just for fun.

The Grin Reaper

Ensign
Sep 08, 2015
29
Cool crew.

All of my pirates are named Annoying Amber, so i'll write their classes.

Swashy Amber usually goes on long rides on her Prancing Pony Af.

Musky Amber goes on long training sessions with the musky trainer (so sorry, i forgot his name.)

Buccy Amber sails with the monkeys of Monquista, sinking Renegade Reavers. (Man i hate those.)

Privey Amber battles with both of her favorite companions (I haven't been on for a while, so sorry. The otter and the monkey that priveys get. I apologize that i haven't been on for a while. So ashamed...)

Witch Amber rounds up all of the witches in all around the Spiral and then goes on a ship sinking rampage, or, if some witches refuse to join, gets revenge on them, or plays pranks on everybody!

Annoying Amber Prankster The III lvl 42 Witchy Witch!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
561
Fearless Jacob Capstan level 65 Orders McDonald's food for him and his companions. He is level 65. So he has a bit too much money. Even when he was 3. He would say to his father ( Well, before the mutiny ) " Daddy. I got all this money. And I don't know what to do with it "
Cheerful Nessa Yellowfish level 29? And her younger cousin Smart Evan Freeman level 8 Practice their shooting in an abandon base in valencia. How they discovered it is a long long story.
Gruff Hendrick Heath level 23 Spends time on his laptop doing let's plays and dubbing super sentai ( Japan's version of power rangers )
Black Blake Deverux ( I think that's how you spell it ) level 19 Also spends time on his computer. But designing games.
And Tiny Dino Percy level 5 ? Well, He's my let's play pirate. So he technically doesn't exist. I ho

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
Fearless Finnigan - Obsessed with tales of heroes and the fight against evil, Finn brings scholars from all over the spiral to tell him stories of days long gone. He too wants to be the stuff of legends, and trains hard to get there. A gentleman and scholar, he calls himself, but he's really just a brutal killer.

Husky Miguel Cranston- A regular visitor to illegal fight clubs across the spiral. His crew mates don't much like his hobby, but they respect him.

Daring Diego- Loves classical music. Not much else is known.

Gruesome Griffin- Except for Liam, he is affected most by the death of his parents. In the beginning of his adventures, he was very depressed. He drank a lot of yum. Then in Cool Ranch, he played his first game of poker against Duck Holliday. He was the only person to beat holliday. Now he's wild and, many say, insane. He loves gambling and yum.

Lanky Liam-His parents death was very hard on him. He takes to studying maps so that he never gets lost like his parents. He is very no-nonsense, and his crew is the opposite.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe is very active and very curious. She's always trying out new fighting techniques (not always successfully), exploring, and poking about to the extent of 'putting her hand in the hornet's nest' (occasionally literally). But thanks to discovering several of the great Libraries of the Spiral, she has also grown to spend many quiet hours reading (much to her crew's relief... until they find out she's found something else to explore!) She also loves to sing (and has a light, pretty voice), and has greatly expanded her childhood repertory from Mooshu in her travels as a pirate, worming the knowledge of songs from her crew mates. Anne has especially gained a great fondness for the songs of that wonderful Mr. Handel, so very popular in Marleybone...

Faithful Charlotte Richardson , after a busy day, particularly loves to go to her cabin and play her bass viola da gamba (a lovely instrument, rather like a cello, with a reedy, expressive, warm tone). She particularly enjoys the high style music of Valencia.

Diligent Anneke Nightingale loves to dance. She knows a number of country dances as well as court dances such as the minuet, gavotte, sarabande, and so forth. Her favorite are the dances for theatrical entertainments.

Brave Maria Mitchell plays skillfully on the pianoforte and harpsichord, and particularly loves music with lots of counterpoint. She is also enjoys studying the upper skies and star maps of the Spiral, and works out mathematical problems... for fun.

Trustworthy Genevieve Devereaux studies botany when she can, pressing samples into a notebook and making accompanying notes and drawings. She also explores practical applications of botany, such as the salve she has concocted that keeps her skin from chapping in the bitterly cold, dry air of the ethereal regions between stormgates, repels mosquitoes in the humid climes of Skull Island, and smells nice too.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Excellent idea for a thread, Owen!

As for my pirates and their non-piratin' moments....

Two-faced Valkoor Ohlen secretly owns a cheese, lemonade and karaoke shop called, The Block-Ade (Marleybonean themed), located in the Ancient Tunnels-- why we all know that cheese is best enjoyed when of an older and more mature "age". Rat brigands, Mouse corsairs, cheese-lovin' Pirates, and Pets of all kinds travel from near, a stone's throw a way, and close by to sample some of Valkoor's Chosen Chunks of Cherished Cheese. Why even the Cows, Goats and Bulls of MooShu come hoofing in to delight and tickle their palates-- quite disturbing if you ask me!!

Ratbeard and Milo often can be found enjoying the delicious Cheese Yum-- stirred, not shaken-- as they share a magical moment of Karaoke. Some of their favorite ditties (and quite the crowd-pleasers) are....Shania Crane's "Fromage this Moment", Eddie Monkey's "Two Briskets in Parmesan", Ringo Scarr and George Hare O'Sins "It Don't Come Cheesy" , Zeke's Rolling Stones "Swiss You", New Baby Goats on the Block's "Please Don't Go Curdle!", "Swiss Me Blind" by Vulture Club, Rat Poison's "Nothin' but a Gouda Time" and "Every Slice You Take" by The Constabulary (a waterfall of tears, this one here!!!).

As for the other pirates...they just sit around shaking their head at Valkoor! While eating cheese of course!

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
162
Red Saffron Ashburn always starts her day off with making sure her ship is in tiptop shape before setting out into the skyways to go exploring (and in hopes to discover new treasures!), or she would revisit an island just to take a leisurely stroll. That, and a little bit of house cleaning. But with two big houses, a dorm, and a ship cabin to clean - a large crew sure does come in handy.

Black Sloan Quick also takes the time to keep his (one) house clean, and makes sure the yard stays trimmed and neat. Though (preferably in the evenings) he takes up sparing matches, either with his companions or with other pirates. He also took up an interest in reading - history and science becoming some of his most favorable subjects.

Cheerful Flint Nanton took up an interest in piano playing, which he's learned a bit from his childhood friend. Although he currently is not very good, he still makes a point to practice, with the notes his friend had gave him. He also became interested in designing his own bombs, but those are only sketches for now...

Xavier Zest still likes to do work at a tavern whenever he gets a chance, for something extra to do (mostly because he enjoys it) and to earn extra gold - which never hurts. He does have dreams of owning his own tavern some day.

Aaron Sharp - along with Xavier - like to make designs and blueprints for ships (since they've once had jobs as shipwrights), each with ideas for their own dream pirate ships - all while introducing to Flint and Saffron (both who took interest themselves) the basics of naval engineering.

Fiery Aurora Zabra is always sharpening her skills at witchcraft, with the ambition to become a topnotch Witchdoctor, and - perhaps - a renowned alchemist.

At the end of the day - they all come together with each member of their crews for supper. But because they are all night owls like I am, they usually find something else to do before finally calling it a night.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
162
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 8, 2016 wrote:
Excellent idea for a thread, Owen!

As for my pirates and their non-piratin' moments....

Two-faced Valkoor Ohlen secretly owns a cheese, lemonade and karaoke shop called, The Block-Ade (Marleybonean themed), located in the Ancient Tunnels-- why we all know that cheese is best enjoyed when of an older and more mature "age". Rat brigands, Mouse corsairs, cheese-lovin' Pirates, and Pets of all kinds travel from near, a stone's throw a way, and close by to sample some of Valkoor's Chosen Chunks of Cherished Cheese. Why even the Cows, Goats and Bulls of MooShu come hoofing in to delight and tickle their palates-- quite disturbing if you ask me!!

Ratbeard and Milo often can be found enjoying the delicious Cheese Yum-- stirred, not shaken-- as they share a magical moment of Karaoke. Some of their favorite ditties (and quite the crowd-pleasers) are....Shania Crane's "Fromage this Moment", Eddie Monkey's "Two Briskets in Parmesan", Ringo Scarr and George Hare O'Sins "It Don't Come Cheesy" , Zeke's Rolling Stones "Swiss You", New Baby Goats on the Block's "Please Don't Go Curdle!", "Swiss Me Blind" by Vulture Club, Rat Poison's "Nothin' but a Gouda Time" and "Every Slice You Take" by The Constabulary (a waterfall of tears, this one here!!!).

As for the other pirates...they just sit around shaking their head at Valkoor! While eating cheese of course!
LOL - That sounds like something I'd have to go see for myself!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
293
Scene: Sam sitting in recliner in his den.

"So what do I do in my down time? Now there's a question. Jeeves, fetch me another sarsaparilla, my good man, er, I mean Rat."
"Very good, sir."
"Well, obviously I spend much of my time honing my skills..."
"Excuse me sir, you broker is on line two."
"Pardon me, won't be a moment. Yes? Sell. Buy, sell, buy. Thanks. Now where were we? Oh yes, and I spend hours analyzing the Armada and their tactics..."
"Sir? Your portrait painter is here."
"Excellent! Have her set up her gear in the studio. I'll be along when I've finished up here. You know, swordplay is very important. You can never practice enough."
"I've drawn your bath, sir. And the masseur is waiting."
"And ships! Got to know all about your ship, sails, anchors and stuff like that."
"Excuse me, sir. Your sarsaparilla. And Bonnie Anne requests a face to face."
"No time for that, tickets to the theater tonight. Reserve me a table at Chez Valkoor. On second thought, make that for two, I'll bring Bonnie Anne along. Two birds and all that."
"Very good, sir."
"With all this pirating, I actually find myself with little or no 'down' time. Busy, busy, busy."
"Sir, the architect is still waiting for your input on the plans for the new bathhouse and swimming pool."
"Well, I have to go now, things to do, pirating and all that. Cheers!"

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
733
Dead-eye Jack Morgan likes to hunt fer lost treasures and bounty hunts as well in his downtime, his mates be welcome to join him if they want.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
113
Sam Underhill on Feb 9, 2016 wrote:
Scene: Sam sitting in recliner in his den.

"So what do I do in my down time? Now there's a question. Jeeves, fetch me another sarsaparilla, my good man, er, I mean Rat."
"Very good, sir."
"Well, obviously I spend much of my time honing my skills..."
"Excuse me sir, you broker is on line two."
"Pardon me, won't be a moment. Yes? Sell. Buy, sell, buy. Thanks. Now where were we? Oh yes, and I spend hours analyzing the Armada and their tactics..."
"Sir? Your portrait painter is here."
"Excellent! Have her set up her gear in the studio. I'll be along when I've finished up here. You know, swordplay is very important. You can never practice enough."
"I've drawn your bath, sir. And the masseur is waiting."
"And ships! Got to know all about your ship, sails, anchors and stuff like that."
"Excuse me, sir. Your sarsaparilla. And Bonnie Anne requests a face to face."
"No time for that, tickets to the theater tonight. Reserve me a table at Chez Valkoor. On second thought, make that for two, I'll bring Bonnie Anne along. Two birds and all that."
"Very good, sir."
"With all this pirating, I actually find myself with little or no 'down' time. Busy, busy, busy."
"Sir, the architect is still waiting for your input on the plans for the new bathhouse and swimming pool."
"Well, I have to go now, things to do, pirating and all that. Cheers!"
Scene: Armada captain, along with a dozen clockworks, burst in.

Armada captain: Same Underhill; you are under arrest for multiple cases of piracy and...wait, no. You've haven't done an act of piracy in your life.

Sam: I deny that!

Captain: Oh, in that case, Sam Underhill, you are under arrest-

Sam: WAIT. No I was mistaken, I haven't done any acts of piracy.

What happens next? (Totally knew how to end it and just wanted a cliff hanger. You believe me right?
Right)

The Grin Reaper

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
561
The Grin Reaper on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
Scene: Armada captain, along with a dozen clockworks, burst in.

Armada captain: Same Underhill; you are under arrest for multiple cases of piracy and...wait, no. You've haven't done an act of piracy in your life.

Sam: I deny that!

Captain: Oh, in that case, Sam Underhill, you are under arrest-

Sam: WAIT. No I was mistaken, I haven't done any acts of piracy.

What happens next? (Totally knew how to end it and just wanted a cliff hanger. You believe me right?
Right)

The Grin Reaper
Armada captain: Very good. * Armada people march out *

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
732
This is an interesting question,here what my pirates do when they are on a break.

*Reckless Nicole Ramasey - Brave,ambitious and leaving on the fast lane. She is usually at the Skull Karken Tavern, drinking yum with friends and telling stories about her adventure.She also enjoy swimming and bonfires at the beach and watch the sunset.

*Jessica Orton- She may have fiery temper,however she is full of humor.She never told me her usual hangout,go figure.She enjoys hiking,reading books and talking to other pirates.Don't be fooled by her beauty,looks can be deceiving.

*Amber Underwood -Mysterious and seldom talk, even to her fellow crews. She spend most of her time studying magic spells,making charms and potions.She like to read and meditate.She is usually in the hunted grotto,enjoying solitude.

Slick Birttay Andrews -Cheerful and always brighten up dull days. Originally from cool ranch,moved to skull island at a very young age. She is usually at the Bastia,helping our friend Decuis to wrangle out any stray pets,on the weekend.On her spare time she listen to soft music,read books,listen to stories and riding her mount in port regal.

Sneaky Isabel Morgan - She is shy,however under pressure she become a fearless leader.She like to walk with her pets on her spare time.She is usually at the beach relaxing and taring her pets.

* Sly Rodrigo West -Always focused and ready to lead his crews.He is usually at the watermole village, learning about thire storyline.In his spare time, he like to read,swim,fish and listen to tales.He travales alot, you will never know what stories he will tell. ( By the way he tires to " barrow " the Moo Shu falcon to add it in his dorm.A fellow pirate, reported him and Avery asked him to put it back.)

4 of my pirate character tries to " barrow " the Moo Shu falcon, and were caught. ( Marked with this symbol * )

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
113
Monkrinx2024 on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
This is an interesting question,here what my pirates do when they are on a break.

*Reckless Nicole Ramasey - Brave,ambitious and leaving on the fast lane. She is usually at the Skull Karken Tavern, drinking yum with friends and telling stories about her adventure.She also enjoy swimming and bonfires at the beach and watch the sunset.

*Jessica Orton- She may have fiery temper,however she is full of humor.She never told me her usual hangout,go figure.She enjoys hiking,reading books and talking to other pirates.Don't be fooled by her beauty,looks can be deceiving.

*Amber Underwood -Mysterious and seldom talk, even to her fellow crews. She spend most of her time studying magic spells,making charms and potions.She like to read and meditate.She is usually in the hunted grotto,enjoying solitude.

Slick Birttay Andrews -Cheerful and always brighten up dull days. Originally from cool ranch,moved to skull island at a very young age. She is usually at the Bastia,helping our friend Decuis to wrangle out any stray pets,on the weekend.On her spare time she listen to soft music,read books,listen to stories and riding her mount in port regal.

Sneaky Isabel Morgan - She is shy,however under pressure she become a fearless leader.She like to walk with her pets on her spare time.She is usually at the beach relaxing and taring her pets.

* Sly Rodrigo West -Always focused and ready to lead his crews.He is usually at the watermole village, learning about thire storyline.In his spare time, he like to read,swim,fish and listen to tales.He travales alot, you will never know what stories he will tell. ( By the way he tires to " barrow " the Moo Shu falcon to add it in his dorm.A fellow pirate, reported him and Avery asked him to put it back.)

4 of my pirate character tries to " barrow " the Moo Shu falcon, and were caught. ( Marked with this symbol * )
My Witchdoctor is the total opposite of yours.

The Grin Reaper

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
Sam Underhill on Feb 9, 2016 wrote:
Scene: Sam sitting in recliner in his den.

"So what do I do in my down time? Now there's a question. Jeeves, fetch me another sarsaparilla, my good man, er, I mean Rat."
"Very good, sir."
"Well, obviously I spend much of my time honing my skills..."
"Excuse me sir, you broker is on line two."
"Pardon me, won't be a moment. Yes? Sell. Buy, sell, buy. Thanks. Now where were we? Oh yes, and I spend hours analyzing the Armada and their tactics..."
"Sir? Your portrait painter is here."
"Excellent! Have her set up her gear in the studio. I'll be along when I've finished up here. You know, swordplay is very important. You can never practice enough."
"I've drawn your bath, sir. And the masseur is waiting."
"And ships! Got to know all about your ship, sails, anchors and stuff like that."
"Excuse me, sir. Your sarsaparilla. And Bonnie Anne requests a face to face."
"No time for that, tickets to the theater tonight. Reserve me a table at Chez Valkoor. On second thought, make that for two, I'll bring Bonnie Anne along. Two birds and all that."
"Very good, sir."
"With all this pirating, I actually find myself with little or no 'down' time. Busy, busy, busy."
"Sir, the architect is still waiting for your input on the plans for the new bathhouse and swimming pool."
"Well, I have to go now, things to do, pirating and all that. Cheers!"
"No, I don't want to wake him up - you wake him up!"
"Narr, are ye crazy? Not me!"

"The Captain can be a trifle irritable when we do this, you know. Perhaps just a gentle wafting of some pickled herring? I know that that divine odor can put a perk into my step..."

"What? That's plain haiver, nonsense! Putting some fermented fish under his nose is not going to put him into a good mood, that is certain."
"I don't know, I think it is worth an experiment."
"Fine, Gracie, I will say it was your idea."
"I say, hide the thesaurus, first..."

Sam did not want to wake from his lovely dream. Living in the lap of luxury, being waited upon hand and foot, relishing the fruits of idleness -- never mind merely the fruits being served to him! Strawberries with cream and cake... but some sixth sense, some instinct of impending doom, told him that he had better wake up now or there would be a vinegary fish stuck up his nose.

"Huh, waah?" Sam managed intelligently, trying to glare sternly at his crew, not highly successfully as his eyes weren't fully focused yet. "What is it now? Some celebration I should be told of when I am actually awake?"

"Um, no, Captain. It's the damage done to the ship in the last storm. The shipwright gave his estimation of the costs involved, but there's not enough gold in the strongbox."

"Nonsense, We got plenty from that last battle against all those cat corsairs," Sam replied bracingly.

"Yes, sir, but there were the supplies that we needed to lay in, and the special training you recommended for Stormy Sky, and the sails that needed repair, and..."

"Yes, yes, I see your point." Sam ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "Well, I'll go down into the hold and see if there's something else we can sell to raise a little cash." Piracy just isn't as profitable as you would think it would be, Sam thought ruefully as he tumbled out of his hammock.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Hoodoo Mistress on Feb 8, 2016 wrote:
LOL - That sounds like something I'd have to go see for myself!
It would definitely bring some tears to your eyes.....either from sheer joy or absolute pain! Who wouldn't love songs about cheese and seeing Ratty and company singing them!?!?! And I still want to see Old Scratch singing Bob Marley-bone's , "Don't Worry, 'Bout a Ting".

......Yeah, we need some good ol' Companion Karaoke-- some how...some way...some day!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9472
Dead Mike: "C'mon, Cap'n, take yer head out of those books. Life is short and you don't want to waste a minute."
Marian: "Come on where? And aren't I 'carpe diem' enough for all of you? The larders filled, ship has been over hauled and you're all trained to the teeth."
Bonnie Anne: "We're going to a new place in Skull Island, it promises to be fun."
Marian: "This is fun! " ( waves at the strategic manuals & miniature board with toy ships. )
"Nay that's work, come along, indulge us."
Meanwhile, across town:
Catbeard: "Captain, let's take a break for one night, see the sights, take in a show, and visit a new eatery"
Esperanza: "Does it serve pickled herring? 'Cuz, I'm informing you right now, if it does, you'll be first in the Arena."
Birgus: " Nay, nothing like that, just cheesy nibbles and a floor show. C'mon, 'all work and no play', you know."
* A silent figures drifts through the shadows in the Ancient Tunnels. Something has invaded this place of mystery, something out of place, something weird. A lighted doorway with many happy, loud voices pours out. The silver haired silent figure enters*
Morgan stares with dismay at the empty club; where before there were happy patrons willing to drop gold for a chance to gamble and sample the delicious beverage from Cool Ranch, there was now empty seats.
Lucky Jack: "Captain, this all the fault of that new place that's opened in the Ancient Tunnels, what say we investigate?"
Somewhere on an island in the Spiral:
Gracie Conrad: " Darcy, you've done very well in your studies, so the crew and I think you deserve a treat. There's this new place that has opened up and its very popular. Let's go."
To be continued......

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9472
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 8, 2016 wrote:
Excellent idea for a thread, Owen!

As for my pirates and their non-piratin' moments....

Two-faced Valkoor Ohlen secretly owns a cheese, lemonade and karaoke shop called, The Block-Ade (Marleybonean themed), located in the Ancient Tunnels-- why we all know that cheese is best enjoyed when of an older and more mature "age". Rat brigands, Mouse corsairs, cheese-lovin' Pirates, and Pets of all kinds travel from near, a stone's throw a way, and close by to sample some of Valkoor's Chosen Chunks of Cherished Cheese. Why even the Cows, Goats and Bulls of MooShu come hoofing in to delight and tickle their palates-- quite disturbing if you ask me!!

Ratbeard and Milo often can be found enjoying the delicious Cheese Yum-- stirred, not shaken-- as they share a magical moment of Karaoke. Some of their favorite ditties (and quite the crowd-pleasers) are....Shania Crane's "Fromage this Moment", Eddie Monkey's "Two Briskets in Parmesan", Ringo Scarr and George Hare O'Sins "It Don't Come Cheesy" , Zeke's Rolling Stones "Swiss You", New Baby Goats on the Block's "Please Don't Go Curdle!", "Swiss Me Blind" by Vulture Club, Rat Poison's "Nothin' but a Gouda Time" and "Every Slice You Take" by The Constabulary (a waterfall of tears, this one here!!!).

As for the other pirates...they just sit around shaking their head at Valkoor! While eating cheese of course!
Somewhere, a pirate is trying to play "Wild Rover", inappropriately on an organ; and making a supreme hash of it.
Sgt. Shepard: "Arrrrgh! My ears are killing me! How can she not notice the noise?"
Peter Quint: "Her ears aren't as keen as ours, it's put me off my food, ayuh."
Lucy Sterling: "It's a good thing Bonnie Anne has hidden her bag pipes, or she'd be trying that next."
There is a pause in the music, and the erstwhile musician enters the room.
Bold Bess: "I think I'm improving, music is so relaxing, don't you think so?"
Lucy Sterling:" Captain, there's a new place opened up in Skull Island, it has music and they allow people to just get up and sing! It also has some really good cheese, or so I've heard. Let's celebrate your improvement with a night out."
Which is how all my pirates gathered in one spot and found themselves singing: We are Family!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
293
Sam looked down at the few coppers left in his hand. Unless something turned up soon, he would have to follow Ratbeard's advice and just plain go piratin'. The crew were making the best of their enforced stay on Skull Island. Sam sighed theatrically and prepared for another sojourn into the bowels of the ship to scrounge up something else to sell at the bazaar.

"Cap'n! Guess what?"
"You found a hidden treasure chest behind the dueling arena?"
"No, but you're not too far off."
"Avery's finally going to pay us for that last job we pulled for him?"
"Getting colder."
"I'm going to glare at you now. And I won't stop until you've talked." Sam reached for his thesaurus. "Spilled the beans, vocalized, communicated..."
"Enough, alright, I'll talk." Was that a bead of sweat on Milo's brow? Served him right. "There's a new cheese shop called the Block-Ade. I figured we could all go there for a treat while we wait for the ship to finish repairs."
"And pay with what? Any place that new won't take credit. At least not from the likes of us. Unless they're idiots."
"Well, Cap'n. How about the treat's on me this time."
"And where did you get money? Have you been holding out on me. I mean, - us?"
"It's not like that, Cap'n. I actually save my share. Well, part of it anyway. It should be enough to buy some cheese and lemonade."
"Unless Ratbeard comes along."
"Well... yeah. Maybe they served blackened toasted cheese the way his Mama used to make."
"Let's hope not. Alright, you talked me into it, thanks. Go ahead and see if anyone else wants to come. So where is this place?"
"I hear it's in the Ancient Tunnels..."

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
anecorbie on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
Somewhere, a pirate is trying to play "Wild Rover", inappropriately on an organ; and making a supreme hash of it.
Sgt. Shepard: "Arrrrgh! My ears are killing me! How can she not notice the noise?"
Peter Quint: "Her ears aren't as keen as ours, it's put me off my food, ayuh."
Lucy Sterling: "It's a good thing Bonnie Anne has hidden her bag pipes, or she'd be trying that next."
There is a pause in the music, and the erstwhile musician enters the room.
Bold Bess: "I think I'm improving, music is so relaxing, don't you think so?"
Lucy Sterling:" Captain, there's a new place opened up in Skull Island, it has music and they allow people to just get up and sing! It also has some really good cheese, or so I've heard. Let's celebrate your improvement with a night out."
Which is how all my pirates gathered in one spot and found themselves singing: We are Family!
Hey....what a coincidence!!!

Every Thursday night at Valkoor's Cheese Chateau-- aka, The Block-Ade-- Ratty and Milo dress up in cheese costumes as they dance the Chorlton (same as the Charleston...just whilst cheese adorned) while they sing We are Fermiere! Ratbeard's little Skarakeet even gets in on the act. Yep, good ol' Polly-O is usually backing them up....on strings (okay, that was pretty cheesie!)

Your fine crew of musical marauders would fit right in and surely be welcomed in "Slice of Haven", anytime. <Geesh, Valkoor...just how many names does your karaoke bar have anyways!??!!???> I bet they'd put on a grand show and the music would delight the masses. Valkoor would even hook them all up with free membership into the Cheese of the Decade Club and a flip through calendar featuring a variety of cheeses looking quite irresistible. If he's feeling super generous he may even dish out some memberships to the downstairs reverse-fitness club! Never miss a cheese curl or cheese dip again. Just watch out for some of the "local dumbbells."

Well, you missed a great show last night, as Ratbeard was in rare form...even for him! He let off some fireworks in some of the empty Yum casks and went around screaming "Look, it's Cracker Barrel!" Clearly he may need a bit of help (and me thinks, me too!)

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
Hey....what a coincidence!!!

Every Thursday night at Valkoor's Cheese Chateau-- aka, The Block-Ade-- Ratty and Milo dress up in cheese costumes as they dance the Chorlton (same as the Charleston...just whilst cheese adorned) while they sing We are Fermiere! Ratbeard's little Skarakeet even gets in on the act. Yep, good ol' Polly-O is usually backing them up....on strings (okay, that was pretty cheesie!)

Your fine crew of musical marauders would fit right in and surely be welcomed in "Slice of Haven", anytime. <Geesh, Valkoor...just how many names does your karaoke bar have anyways!??!!???> I bet they'd put on a grand show and the music would delight the masses. Valkoor would even hook them all up with free membership into the Cheese of the Decade Club and a flip through calendar featuring a variety of cheeses looking quite irresistible. If he's feeling super generous he may even dish out some memberships to the downstairs reverse-fitness club! Never miss a cheese curl or cheese dip again. Just watch out for some of the "local dumbbells."

Well, you missed a great show last night, as Ratbeard was in rare form...even for him! He let off some fireworks in some of the empty Yum casks and went around screaming "Look, it's Cracker Barrel!" Clearly he may need a bit of help (and me thinks, me too!)
I've heard the term rolling on the floor laughing, and that's actually what i was doing when i read this. I hit the ground faster than Sonny Corleone!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
242
Owen: *He has fallen asleep in a corner of the little cheese and karaoke place down in the Ancient Tunnels with a bottle of Yum that he snuck in, his crew be poking fun at him*
Egg: *Snickers, he and Ratbeard have just finished writing some very rude things on his face in different languages*
Bonnie: Ach, knock it off you two.
Ratbeard: Arr, c'mon! Ye can't admit it isn't at least a little funny!
Bonnie: ..It'd probably be more funny if I knew what it said.
Ratbeard and Egg: *They both whisper softly what they wrote and Bonnie nearly bursts into tears from laughter*
Rachel: *Being egged on to sing by Malcolm and Isaac*
Malcolm: C'mon, mon chéri-
Rachel: I hate that nickname.
Malcolm: -I'm sure your singing isn't THAT bad.
Rachel: I once made a rat's ears bleed when I tried to sing Bohemian Ratsody.
Isaac: Well.. um.. that's a very hard song, y'know?
Kiley: *Reading quietly and refusing to socialize, despite Mormo and Carc tugging on her arm and trying to get her to have fun*
Mormo: Mormo knows what Captain needs: to relax!
Kiley: I've already told you guys, there is no way in Darkmoor that you could ever get me to- *She cuts off as someone throws cheese at her*