Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So, Scratch again

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
So I made a post on the test realm board about a week and a half ago about Old Scratch and it was evidentially completely ignored and all of his changes are now in the live realm. Since my post is gone now that it’s live I guess I’ll just retread everything I said.

Doom Mojo: extremely broken. Guess I’ll repeat myself,
A. Shouldn’t hit teammates. I mentioned in my old post that scratch’s power shouldn’t hit team mates because I already had enough of whats essentially griefing from “teammates” bringing me and my companions to half health or even killing them on the test realm, now it’s in the live realm and I’m having a great time.

B. Hitting people multiple times, I mean seriously? Updates been out for a day and there’s already videos of people being one shot in ranked pvp by scratch on the first turn. (See Stephanie Dawnheart’s video) mentioned this in my post but as I said, completely ignored.

C. Damage stacking, if you can fog/boon, place Baron Samedi’s standard, and throw in a will buff this will do around 1358 damage to the entire board (not to mention inevitable double/triple hits from it), just no. I know pvp balance has been out the window for a while, but come on.

Purge: since doom mojo made it to the game in this state this is surprisingly the secondary issue. Scratch should not have purge, not sure why anyone would think defensive classes like musketeer or privateers should have 2 purges at their disposal.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Sep 13, 2018 wrote:
So I made a post on the test realm board about a week and a half ago about Old Scratch and it was evidentially completely ignored and all of his changes are now in the live realm. Since my post is gone now that it’s live I guess I’ll just retread everything I said.

Doom Mojo: extremely broken. Guess I’ll repeat myself,
A. Shouldn’t hit teammates. I mentioned in my old post that scratch’s power shouldn’t hit team mates because I already had enough of whats essentially griefing from “teammates” bringing me and my companions to half health or even killing them on the test realm, now it’s in the live realm and I’m having a great time.

B. Hitting people multiple times, I mean seriously? Updates been out for a day and there’s already videos of people being one shot in ranked pvp by scratch on the first turn. (See Stephanie Dawnheart’s video) mentioned this in my post but as I said, completely ignored.

C. Damage stacking, if you can fog/boon, place Baron Samedi’s standard, and throw in a will buff this will do around 1358 damage to the entire board (not to mention inevitable double/triple hits from it), just no. I know pvp balance has been out the window for a while, but come on.

Purge: since doom mojo made it to the game in this state this is surprisingly the secondary issue. Scratch should not have purge, not sure why anyone would think defensive classes like musketeer or privateers should have 2 purges at their disposal.
Witchdoctors now have 3 purges at their disposal. They train one, Carcarius gets one & now Old Scratch ( & if they have technomage glasses from Bishop, they have 4. )
Note: it is technomage I mean or is it the sprocket key?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If I see a team-up with either a privateer or witchdoctor - I won't be joining. Unless KI adjusts this power.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Imagine is some kid went to Skull Mountain and spammed Doom Mojo on level 5 pirates.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
anecorbie on Sep 13, 2018 wrote:
Witchdoctors now have 3 purges at their disposal. They train one, Carcarius gets one & now Old Scratch ( & if they have technomage glasses from Bishop, they have 4. )
Note: it is technomage I mean or is it the sprocket key?
Glasses give Dispel, Key gives Purge

And yeah, from the Update notes (and the rantings on the Message Boards) this really does seem to need a change. I'll log on soon to check it out for myself.

On a different note, KI, please don't take our comments in a bad way. We really appreciate the updates!

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Scratch SHOULDN'T have Doom Mojo at all. Its a cheat ability that shouldn't be existent on Playable Characters. Why was he even given this? They probably thought of it as a double edged sword, but its not even that on a privateer, its a coin flip in the privateers favor in pvp, they boon scratch, and can usually 1 tap everyone.