Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So, Professor, we meet at last...

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
So I've seen the thread about funny and ironic character names, but what about funny or ironic enemy names?

I've found David Tennant (Played the Doctor in Doctor Who, Barty Crouch Jr. in Harry Potter, etc.)
David Paisley (Also a Scottish actor- no surprise that they're both Radical Foxes in the game)
and some others that I don't remember. If you find any others, comment below!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Hehe, I'm the one who created the Funny/Ironic Names post.

But anyway, Fin Dorsal is based off of Riddick, who is played by Vin Diesel. Also, Fin Dorsal is a shark, and sharks have Dorsal Fins! Well done, KI. Well done.

There are a couple more that are on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember them at this point.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
darkdoombro345 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
So I've seen the thread about funny and ironic character names, but what about funny or ironic enemy names?

I've found David Tennant (Played the Doctor in Doctor Who, Barty Crouch Jr. in Harry Potter, etc.)
David Paisley (Also a Scottish actor- no surprise that they're both Radical Foxes in the game)
and some others that I don't remember. If you find any others, comment below!
I have seen a Bloody Mary or two in my travels. Oh and a few Morgan Freemans

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There were a lot of those in Cool Ranch, Frank and Jesse Cranes ( James ), The Jolly Ranchers were a spoof on Bonanza. Libirdy ( Liberty ) Valence, Josey Quails ( Wales ) Pancho and the Cisco Kid, Pancho and Lefty ( from the song ) Froggo Villa, the Fredo Bandito ( lol, that one still makes me laugh, if you're too young to remember the Frito Bandito he was a spokes cartoon for Frito chips ). These are just a few.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Black Storm enemy ship called Angry Bird
Imperial ship in MooShu called Happy Rainbow (I think someone mentioned getting a skiff called that in a previous post)
A Chicken Ranger named Hoss Cartwright is about to attack me. Do you know who moves up to his side on the next turn? A Chicken Thug named Hoss Cartwright.
Custos Nonus is an Armada soldier that brawled with me in the Armada Fortress. What does it translate to in Latin? "The ninth keeper" Then who's the eighth, seventh, or sixth keeper?
Red Claw Ship called the Laughing Hound (Duck Hunt!)
Another MooShu ship: The Dancing Moodha.