Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So much History!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Now I'm sure that most of or at least many of you know already that Pirate101 has some pretty big ties to ancient history hundreds of years ago. What is your favorite piece of history pirate101 relates to? Mine is how In the 1500's Philip II attempted a mass invasion on England with his Spanish Armada. In case you didn't already know, at this time, Philip II is King of Spain and many other parts of other countries in Europe. He is allies with England until the queen dies and then attempts a invasion on England with his army, (The Spanish Armada). The Armada lost this fight and fled to North of England and away from the battlefield. A storm was also taking place at the time near this fight). The relevance that this has to pirate101 is that for 1. The Armada is invading England. Marleybone is England in pirate101). 2. There are armada ships North to the Isle of Dogs and 3. There is a huge storm gate right by where the Armada is fleeing. I don't know whether this was intentional or not by KingsIsle but i sure do appreciate it since I am studying these subjects currently.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Unfair Angel on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
Now I'm sure that most of or at least many of you know already that Pirate101 has some pretty big ties to ancient history hundreds of years ago. What is your favorite piece of history pirate101 relates to? Mine is how In the 1500's Philip II attempted a mass invasion on England with his Spanish Armada. In case you didn't already know, at this time, Philip II is King of Spain and many other parts of other countries in Europe. He is allies with England until the queen dies and then attempts a invasion on England with his army, (The Spanish Armada). The Armada lost this fight and fled to North of England and away from the battlefield. A storm was also taking place at the time near this fight). The relevance that this has to pirate101 is that for 1. The Armada is invading England. Marleybone is England in pirate101). 2. There are armada ships North to the Isle of Dogs and 3. There is a huge storm gate right by where the Armada is fleeing. I don't know whether this was intentional or not by KingsIsle but i sure do appreciate it since I am studying these subjects currently.
There is a wonderful amount of historical references in P101. But my favorite is the references to the Trojan War in Aquila. Having read the Iliad and Odessy many times ( excuse my spelling ). I loved fighting in Hyssarik and by Ulysses side in Ithaca.
"Where did you sail from, over the running wind lanes? Out on a trading spree, or roving the skies like pirates, sky wolves raiding at will?" Myron
This is in the spirit of Homer, so very well done!
Just please don't use P101 as a reference for a school report!