Side World Ideas

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
82
As most of you know Pirate 101 is currently lacking a side world. This got me thinking of what worlds/mini stories could be used in Pirate 101

My Idea is Avery gets an urgent message from Professor Ambrose. In several of the outlying islands in Wizard City there has been some type of epidemic that is causing wizards to disappear and the few that are found have become evil. Wizard spells are not effective and the only connection is everyone who changed had a coin with skull island markings. To afraid of losing more of his students he asks the hero who brought down Kane to assist, due to not being a wizard this may not affect us

We travel to Wizard city and discover there is a cursed treasure affecting wizards. We must find/fight all the missing students, find a cure in Krokotopia (it's a balance world after all), and find out who cursed the treasure. It's discovered that Malistaire's top apprentice is getting revenge on Wizard City for taking down his master and only we can stop him (or her).

In the process we save Wizard City, gain a wizard companion (maybe a Krokotopia one as well), and find a way to utilize the "curse" for our weapons/gear/talents/and spells to make them stronger.

This is just one of my ideas. What world or story would you like to see

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9111
1 Pirate Dad on Jan 1, 2017 wrote:
As most of you know Pirate 101 is currently lacking a side world. This got me thinking of what worlds/mini stories could be used in Pirate 101

My Idea is Avery gets an urgent message from Professor Ambrose. In several of the outlying islands in Wizard City there has been some type of epidemic that is causing wizards to disappear and the few that are found have become evil. Wizard spells are not effective and the only connection is everyone who changed had a coin with skull island markings. To afraid of losing more of his students he asks the hero who brought down Kane to assist, due to not being a wizard this may not affect us

We travel to Wizard city and discover there is a cursed treasure affecting wizards. We must find/fight all the missing students, find a cure in Krokotopia (it's a balance world after all), and find out who cursed the treasure. It's discovered that Malistaire's top apprentice is getting revenge on Wizard City for taking down his master and only we can stop him (or her).

In the process we save Wizard City, gain a wizard companion (maybe a Krokotopia one as well), and find a way to utilize the "curse" for our weapons/gear/talents/and spells to make them stronger.

This is just one of my ideas. What world or story would you like to see
I like the crossover aspect of this idea. The wizard companion we recruit would have to be changed into a witchdoctor for this game. Even Cagliostro ( called a "renegade" wizard ) didn't help us in the battle against Typhon.
I would like to see a story where we must help our foster families.
OR
The Bestia pet trainers each have a quest for us, requiring that we travel to their home worlds to learn more about pets. Then we get a class related pet as a reward.
OR
Bonnie Anne gets another promotion quest and we need to travel to Albion.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1668
I would really love to visit Wysteria as a Pirate -- the world of One-Eyed Jack could be quite different from the wizarding Pigswick Academy. Somehow I'm picturing the docks of a coastal town, where a lot of trade and skullduggery could draw us into quite some intriguing adventures.

Maybe I watched too much Poldark on PBS, but smuggling and wrecking and feuds between hard-working mining towns sound like quite the opportunity for piratin' intervention.

George Warleggan could be the end-world boss we need to defeat.


Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
396
Well, you could do "never worlds" that come up as special events, like the Dreadnaught but on a larger scale.

For example: if players collectively defeat 100 of a new kind of ship or beast in - let's say monquista skyway - the next month a new small storm gate will open up in the middle of the passage and will take you to a world made of nether, dreams, and - as a reference to late W101 - webs. These world host mobs similar to the ones you'd find in monquista, but with unique loot drops and maybe even cheats. The gate would be open for a week in the realm where the 100 whatever were defeated. After this week there'd be a "cool down" of another week.

Note: using these stormgates is like docking on an island, no passage between.

These worlds would have small quest lines given by ghosts or a reskinned monquistan.

This probably wouldn't fly at KI because of the amount of work it would require, but hey. You never know.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
396
anecorbie on Jan 1, 2017 wrote:
I like the crossover aspect of this idea. The wizard companion we recruit would have to be changed into a witchdoctor for this game. Even Cagliostro ( called a "renegade" wizard ) didn't help us in the battle against Typhon.
I would like to see a story where we must help our foster families.
OR
The Bestia pet trainers each have a quest for us, requiring that we travel to their home worlds to learn more about pets. Then we get a class related pet as a reward.
OR
Bonnie Anne gets another promotion quest and we need to travel to Albion.
I like the Albion one.
My favorite world in w101.
But I don't think it will only get a side world status.
Then again, we are pirates, and they're knights, so maybe not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9111
noahdd on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
I like the Albion one.
My favorite world in w101.
But I don't think it will only get a side world status.
Then again, we are pirates, and they're knights, so maybe not.
Not Avalon in Wizard101, Albion. Where the Fox Radicals come from.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
Just use another skyway in monquista as a side skyway

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
396
anecorbie on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
Not Avalon in Wizard101, Albion. Where the Fox Radicals come from.
Ugh!
I get the words confused!
Much pardon, please!
In dat case though, I can see it happening.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
681
Isn't Dragonspyre a side world even if it technically isn't called that? If I am right, I have heard there isn't a lot of stuff at Dragonspyre, maybe the best solution would be to add to it.

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
82
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 7, 2017 wrote:
Isn't Dragonspyre a side world even if it technically isn't called that? If I am right, I have heard there isn't a lot of stuff at Dragonspyre, maybe the best solution would be to add to it.
Dragonspyre is only a wind lane and a couple of storm gates. There are no buildings or places to park your ship. Adding to that area would be great for us pirates . I would love to take on some drakes

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9111
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 7, 2017 wrote:
Isn't Dragonspyre a side world even if it technically isn't called that? If I am right, I have heard there isn't a lot of stuff at Dragonspyre, maybe the best solution would be to add to it.
There is one unexplored stormgate but there doesn't seem any land mass in that skyway ( other for the Dragonspyre seen in the distance ).

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
1 Pirate Dad on Jan 1, 2017 wrote:
As most of you know Pirate 101 is currently lacking a side world. This got me thinking of what worlds/mini stories could be used in Pirate 101

My Idea is Avery gets an urgent message from Professor Ambrose. In several of the outlying islands in Wizard City there has been some type of epidemic that is causing wizards to disappear and the few that are found have become evil. Wizard spells are not effective and the only connection is everyone who changed had a coin with skull island markings. To afraid of losing more of his students he asks the hero who brought down Kane to assist, due to not being a wizard this may not affect us

We travel to Wizard city and discover there is a cursed treasure affecting wizards. We must find/fight all the missing students, find a cure in Krokotopia (it's a balance world after all), and find out who cursed the treasure. It's discovered that Malistaire's top apprentice is getting revenge on Wizard City for taking down his master and only we can stop him (or her).

In the process we save Wizard City, gain a wizard companion (maybe a Krokotopia one as well), and find a way to utilize the "curse" for our weapons/gear/talents/and spells to make them stronger.

This is just one of my ideas. What world or story would you like to see
If you haven't already seen it I'd like to show you this idea I had with one of my friends a while back

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
83
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 7, 2017 wrote:
Isn't Dragonspyre a side world even if it technically isn't called that? If I am right, I have heard there isn't a lot of stuff at Dragonspyre, maybe the best solution would be to add to it.
Avernus (aka the Avernus Skyway) is considered Dragonspyre. I haven't been there in forever, so I don't know what's there and how much is there. If I have free time, I might check it out sometime this week.