Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ships can't heal in combat?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Aug 22, 2010
I've been coming across a lot of players that claim that you can no longer heal your ship during broadside combat after the update.

I've never found this to be true. I tried to show one friend today that the wheel powers for our ships still work & heal the ship during combat, but she called me a liar & deleted me. Apparently there is a video on You Tube that shows how this new update prevents ships from healing. I haven't seen this video myself, but a lot of players, I meet in the game, claim to have seen it & cry about always being boarded, b/c they can't heal their ships.

This is all sounds really bizarre to me. My theory is... that this is a bug... or ...that these players don't realize that they have to fill their ships equipment slot with a wheel, to give it a healing power. I tried to explain that to my friend who deleted me, but she didn't want to hear it.

Has anyone else heard this rumor? This is really weird.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I can heal perfectly fine in the test realm or live realm

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Robert Quick on Nov 27, 2014 wrote:
I've been coming across a lot of players that claim that you can no longer heal your ship during broadside combat after the update.

I've never found this to be true. I tried to show one friend today that the wheel powers for our ships still work & heal the ship during combat, but she called me a liar & deleted me. Apparently there is a video on You Tube that shows how this new update prevents ships from healing. I haven't seen this video myself, but a lot of players, I meet in the game, claim to have seen it & cry about always being boarded, b/c they can't heal their ships.

This is all sounds really bizarre to me. My theory is... that this is a bug... or ...that these players don't realize that they have to fill their ships equipment slot with a wheel, to give it a healing power. I tried to explain that to my friend who deleted me, but she didn't want to hear it.

I was doing broadside battle on test recently against armada ships in marleybone skyway and took a shot at the turret too. Had no trouble healing ship other than the length of time of the cooldown and the turret sunk me when I had it down to about 30%.

This rumor is news to me and I say bunk, unless it is a bug with certain ships?

Ensign
Mar 02, 2014
Robert Quick on Nov 27, 2014 wrote:

I've never heard of this before. Maybe they didn't have a wheel equipped? I've had no trouble healing my ship in live or test realm and I've played P101 quite a bit and I've never head of anyone saying this before now.

Petty Officer
Aug 22, 2010
TheSwashBucklerMas... on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
I've never heard of this before. Maybe they didn't have a wheel equipped? I've had no trouble healing my ship in live or test realm and I've played P101 quite a bit and I've never head of anyone saying this before now.
Yeah I never had this problem either. My 1st thought was they didn't have the wheel slot filled. When I explained how I could heal my ship in combat, my ex-friend & others said it was, b/c my ship is old & before the update.

That conclusion made no sense to me either, b/c the game loads updates every time I log in. I even suggested to people to look it up in the player's guide, on how ship powers work.

I've run into about 12 pirates, so far, claiming they have this problem, most of which were high levels; between 45 & 65. I find it pretty incredible that some could play that far into the game & not know how to equip their ships with powers & use them.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Never heard that rumor. I thought we weren't supposed to be able to use the blue yum potion during broadside combat, but I could do that recently as well. Plenty of ways to heal as far as I can tell.