Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Several things of concern

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
7
There are multiple things that I want to address on this post that generally concern me and make me pretty upset. PLZ to anyone reading this do not dump on my ideas I respect others opinions but I do not like when other just rip my ideas to shreds.
Okay first things First the new update:
There were things in this update that really made me happy and things in this update that really upset me.
BLIGHTBEARD AND OBSIDIAN ANNE

PROS:
  • The battles are challenging
  • They new weapons are awesome looking and come with a new power
  • After defeating the boss a certain amount of times you get to buy the companions

CONS:

  • The loot table is jacked up we are getting level 25 drops in a level 70 boss battle
  • we were getting drops from other boss fights like the haywire weapons making it not necessary to farm those bosses anymore
  • Drop rate for blight weapons are horrible i did 300+ runs still no weapon drop and kept getting level 25 gear

suggestion: Keep the current stats on the blight gear and Add unique powers to each blight gear item for each class. below is the suggestions i have for those gear items

HAT Robe Boots

Swashbuckler: Group hide Fort Blights Reckless Charge- Charge with vengeance strike 3 for the round you are charging

Buck: Blights Gaurded charge- blocking damage whales might
Charge with riposte 3
for the round your charging

Privy: Second wind Blights regroup- for 3 rounds if you espirit take damage you heal your team excluding yourself for 231 damage

Witchdoctor: Steely Gaze Great JuJu idea not thought of yet

Musket: Flashbang- stuns enemies for agility buff idea not thought of yet
one round

Lastly The New Pack

The new pack upsets me very much I will list the Pros and Cons below

PROS:
  • The new blight weapons are in it
  • It grants you the skeleton safe which you can sell for 3000 script

Cons:
  • Companions bugged upon release. Companions coming with epics the cant use
  • The new gear is stat gear which means its trash to most of us and just for looks. No powers on them therefore we are most likely going to stitch it
  • There are 2 dead mike look alikes in that pack. Honestly the enemies in the blight obsidian battle would have made better companions in my opinion
  • Why does the new pack offer skull island furniture that you can buy at skull island how about furniture you cant get normally like the blood vine.

Conclusion: What upsets me the most is that you guys still have not changed the gear in the brawling hall so there is really nothing to do on this game once you get those blight weapons. Also it scares me that these companions were bugged upon release. It reminds me to much of the spirit companions problem and I am scared it will take years for you guys to fix this simple error to.

My suggestion: Change everything i listed above especially the fall pvp gear, if you want your players to stay on and if you want the population to grow you need to listen to the players. What would make a player want to renew his membership if there is nothing to do with it. Fix the furniture drops in the new pack that not right to put buy able in game items in a pack like that. Fix the new companions epics they need more than 5 epics.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
Qranky6250 on Oct 17, 2019 wrote:
There are multiple things that I want to address on this post that generally concern me and make me pretty upset. PLZ to anyone reading this do not dump on my ideas I respect others opinions but I do not like when other just rip my ideas to shreds.
Okay first things First the new update:
There were things in this update that really made me happy and things in this update that really upset me.
BLIGHTBEARD AND OBSIDIAN ANNE

PROS:
  • The battles are challenging
  • They new weapons are awesome looking and come with a new power
  • After defeating the boss a certain amount of times you get to buy the companions

CONS:

  • The loot table is jacked up we are getting level 25 drops in a level 70 boss battle
  • we were getting drops from other boss fights like the haywire weapons making it not necessary to farm those bosses anymore
  • Drop rate for blight weapons are horrible i did 300+ runs still no weapon drop and kept getting level 25 gear

suggestion: Keep the current stats on the blight gear and Add unique powers to each blight gear item for each class. below is the suggestions i have for those gear items

HAT Robe Boots

Swashbuckler: Group hide Fort Blights Reckless Charge- Charge with vengeance strike 3 for the round you are charging

Buck: Blights Gaurded charge- blocking damage whales might
Charge with riposte 3
for the round your charging

Privy: Second wind Blights regroup- for 3 rounds if you espirit take damage you heal your team excluding yourself for 231 damage

Witchdoctor: Steely Gaze Great JuJu idea not thought of yet

Musket: Flashbang- stuns enemies for agility buff idea not thought of yet
one round

Lastly The New Pack

The new pack upsets me very much I will list the Pros and Cons below

PROS:
  • The new blight weapons are in it
  • It grants you the skeleton safe which you can sell for 3000 script

Cons:
  • Companions bugged upon release. Companions coming with epics the cant use
  • The new gear is stat gear which means its trash to most of us and just for looks. No powers on them therefore we are most likely going to stitch it
  • There are 2 dead mike look alikes in that pack. Honestly the enemies in the blight obsidian battle would have made better companions in my opinion
  • Why does the new pack offer skull island furniture that you can buy at skull island how about furniture you cant get normally like the blood vine.

Conclusion: What upsets me the most is that you guys still have not changed the gear in the brawling hall so there is really nothing to do on this game once you get those blight weapons. Also it scares me that these companions were bugged upon release. It reminds me to much of the spirit companions problem and I am scared it will take years for you guys to fix this simple error to.

My suggestion: Change everything i listed above especially the fall pvp gear, if you want your players to stay on and if you want the population to grow you need to listen to the players. What would make a player want to renew his membership if there is nothing to do with it. Fix the furniture drops in the new pack that not right to put buy able in game items in a pack like that. Fix the new companions epics they need more than 5 epics.
I strongly disagree on some of the pack cons.

KI was very nice to make a pack for us, and the skull island furniture I received (though it is only the furniture I received)--I only found one that I could buy or get in a drop, and it was the Sword Barrel. Otherwise, I see no point in complaining about the furniture. It is a very nice pack, and I enjoyed opening it.

On the other hand, the two Dead Mikes is fine. They probably have a tiny difference in their looks (sorry if I am mistaken, I have not received the companions yet) and I think we should be grateful that KI gave us a pack.

On the bugs though, I would want them to be fixed, but as aforementioned, I have not received any.

I'm not criticizing, I hope.

Fair Taryn Lewis Level 23 musketeer

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
7
The layout of this post is jacked up and there are some grammar issues. I am sorry but if you have any questions on the powers I suggested I will list them here.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9898
I like having an alternative way of gaining Haywire weapons, ( since the Dreadnought is still being abused by cabin glitchers! )
What's wrong with stitch gear? At this point ( no story update ) stitch gear is more interesting than powered gear ( which would only have the same old powers already in the game ). There's nothing new to wear because there's no new levels available.
I love the fact that SI furniture is available ( yay! Ratbeard's chair is back! )

Captain
Feb 12, 2015
731
anecorbie on Oct 19, 2019 wrote:
I like having an alternative way of gaining Haywire weapons, ( since the Dreadnought is still being abused by cabin glitchers! )
What's wrong with stitch gear? At this point ( no story update ) stitch gear is more interesting than powered gear ( which would only have the same old powers already in the game ). There's nothing new to wear because there's no new levels available.
I love the fact that SI furniture is available ( yay! Ratbeard's chair is back! )
I also think putting in the Haywire weapons was a mistake. I don't like that cabin glitchers are abusing the Dreadnaught either, but it's still a mistake in m opinion.

Also, Ratbeard's chair is back? I've got to get it!

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
7
So you like spending real money for stuff you can get in game. You like spending money on gear that does nothing but make you look good while you are stuff with 2016 power gear?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
anecorbie on Oct 19, 2019 wrote:
I like having an alternative way of gaining Haywire weapons, ( since the Dreadnought is still being abused by cabin glitchers! )
What's wrong with stitch gear? At this point ( no story update ) stitch gear is more interesting than powered gear ( which would only have the same old powers already in the game ). There's nothing new to wear because there's no new levels available.
I love the fact that SI furniture is available ( yay! Ratbeard's chair is back! )
I agree with Anecorbie! The Spiral is better with Skull Island furniture! (and I got a ship power)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9898
Qranky6250 on Oct 22, 2019 wrote:
So you like spending real money for stuff you can get in game. You like spending money on gear that does nothing but make you look good while you are stuff with 2016 power gear?
I'm not spending money for stuff I can get in game; I'm spending money for stuff I can't get in game. Like the companions, pets & mount.
That this pack includes stuff that's in game is incidental, that's the same for every pack offered by KI ( P101 or W101 ) there is no pack that just offers "unique" items.
And yes, I'll spend real money for a more fashionable look ( on both pack & stitching ) if I want to, you have nothing to do with my choice.
I'm sorry that you find this pack lacking & are disappointed with the two new obsidian dungeons.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9898
Qranky6250 on Oct 17, 2019 wrote:
There are multiple things that I want to address on this post that generally concern me and make me pretty upset. PLZ to anyone reading this do not dump on my ideas I respect others opinions but I do not like when other just rip my ideas to shreds.
Okay first things First the new update:
There were things in this update that really made me happy and things in this update that really upset me.
BLIGHTBEARD AND OBSIDIAN ANNE

PROS:
  • The battles are challenging
  • They new weapons are awesome looking and come with a new power
  • After defeating the boss a certain amount of times you get to buy the companions

CONS:

  • The loot table is jacked up we are getting level 25 drops in a level 70 boss battle
  • we were getting drops from other boss fights like the haywire weapons making it not necessary to farm those bosses anymore
  • Drop rate for blight weapons are horrible i did 300+ runs still no weapon drop and kept getting level 25 gear

suggestion: Keep the current stats on the blight gear and Add unique powers to each blight gear item for each class. below is the suggestions i have for those gear items

HAT Robe Boots

Swashbuckler: Group hide Fort Blights Reckless Charge- Charge with vengeance strike 3 for the round you are charging

Buck: Blights Gaurded charge- blocking damage whales might
Charge with riposte 3
for the round your charging

Privy: Second wind Blights regroup- for 3 rounds if you espirit take damage you heal your team excluding yourself for 231 damage

Witchdoctor: Steely Gaze Great JuJu idea not thought of yet

Musket: Flashbang- stuns enemies for agility buff idea not thought of yet
one round

Lastly The New Pack

The new pack upsets me very much I will list the Pros and Cons below

PROS:
  • The new blight weapons are in it
  • It grants you the skeleton safe which you can sell for 3000 script

Cons:
  • Companions bugged upon release. Companions coming with epics the cant use
  • The new gear is stat gear which means its trash to most of us and just for looks. No powers on them therefore we are most likely going to stitch it
  • There are 2 dead mike look alikes in that pack. Honestly the enemies in the blight obsidian battle would have made better companions in my opinion
  • Why does the new pack offer skull island furniture that you can buy at skull island how about furniture you cant get normally like the blood vine.

Conclusion: What upsets me the most is that you guys still have not changed the gear in the brawling hall so there is really nothing to do on this game once you get those blight weapons. Also it scares me that these companions were bugged upon release. It reminds me to much of the spirit companions problem and I am scared it will take years for you guys to fix this simple error to.

My suggestion: Change everything i listed above especially the fall pvp gear, if you want your players to stay on and if you want the population to grow you need to listen to the players. What would make a player want to renew his membership if there is nothing to do with it. Fix the furniture drops in the new pack that not right to put buy able in game items in a pack like that. Fix the new companions epics they need more than 5 epics.
I would like to address your power suggestions for the Blight gear:

All of those powers are severely "OP".

An extra group hide for swashes? Really? When many competitors still complain about Black Fog? & Vengeance Strike3 for this class is wrong, we have riposte 3 which is more than adequate for response to attack.

Riposte3 for Bucks is completely unnecessary & blocking damage from Whale's Might is also not needed since this class receives the most shields ( which stack ) and have the best health & armor.
Privy already has enough heals.
WD: Steely Gaze is only available as an accessory drop from Ashes of the Armada pack. ( if this what I'm thinking of ).
Musket: Flashbang, you don't say how long the stun lasts.
As these powers are "OP" and would only be available through a pack: this would make them "Pay to win" items.

So 2016 gear, but it's also level 70 gear. Max level and the best in the game. Until we gain more levels there is no need to for extra powered gear.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
Qranky6250 on Oct 22, 2019 wrote:
So you like spending real money for stuff you can get in game. You like spending money on gear that does nothing but make you look good while you are stuff with 2016 power gear?
Qranky6250, I do not like to say whether or not I spend money on the game, nor is it your choice whether or not we spend money on the game. We chose to pay to play this game. The gear is our decision. If we want to look good, we make that choice.

If we don't and are focusing more on stats rather than looks, we would do so.
I hope, again, I am not criticizing.

Fair Taryn Lewis Level 23 Musketeer

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
133
This trend will end up locked with no attention. Haywire junk has been around since what 2013-2014? the best weapons in game are from ashes pack basically. This update was all just a money grab. The companions are broken having powers they can not use. The drop rate is trash on both Anne and rat. I don't even farm then anymore.

How about fixing things that need to be fixed before adding new copy and paste ?

bundles still have level 60 as cap on gear, the October and spooky ship are still level 65 hello KI do you even play the game you make?

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
141
anecorbie on Oct 19, 2019 wrote:
I like having an alternative way of gaining Haywire weapons, ( since the Dreadnought is still being abused by cabin glitchers! )
What's wrong with stitch gear? At this point ( no story update ) stitch gear is more interesting than powered gear ( which would only have the same old powers already in the game ). There's nothing new to wear because there's no new levels available.
I love the fact that SI furniture is available ( yay! Ratbeard's chair is back! )
I consider stitch gear a problem because this is likely going to be our only real update for the year. If a friend of mine logs on after being inactive for a year and asks what has happened in Pirate101, all I could tell them is we got some stitch fodder and some companions, 6/7 of which are pretty bad(think I’ll have to make my own feedback/complaint thread on this topic in particular). And the 7th doesn’t have much going for him either. Just because we won’t get story content doesn’t mean we can’t get new powers. In fact, the weapons come with a new power although it is an irredeemably bad one. They could even use existing powers on new items and still have an impact, when they released tower all those new charms and rings that used existing powers were still really good, some of the obsidian key items were also decent despite using existing powers.

Also I really don’t understand these “boss drops.” They have an absurdly low drop rate for some stitch fodder, and not just any stitch fodder, stitch fodder you could just get from a pack rather then grinding for that .1% drop rate, me and many people I know grinded the badges for the companions and got nothing. And they both drop the same things. I mean really? Come on. Why even design the battles if this is what they’re for. This is just like the Pirates Regatta or that boss ship in the pvp area. All quickly dead content because no real drops.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1902
glitterway123 on Oct 22, 2019 wrote:
I agree with Anecorbie! The Spiral is better with Skull Island furniture! (and I got a ship power)
I'm really curious about the ship power you got -- can you provide details? It sounds like a horn.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9898
masterryan1969 on Oct 22, 2019 wrote:
This trend will end up locked with no attention. Haywire junk has been around since what 2013-2014? the best weapons in game are from ashes pack basically. This update was all just a money grab. The companions are broken having powers they can not use. The drop rate is trash on both Anne and rat. I don't even farm then anymore.

How about fixing things that need to be fixed before adding new copy and paste ?

bundles still have level 60 as cap on gear, the October and spooky ship are still level 65 hello KI do you even play the game you make?
Haywire weapons ( 2016 , same year as VA2 expansion ), aren't "junk" they're comparable to Ashes of the Armada weapons, with this one benefit - no one has to buy a pack, they can farm DN for a weapon ( that is IF they can get in ). Or they can also farm Blightbeard for those same weapons. BTW, drop rates have always been low in all dungeons through this game, I don't know why you're complaining just about these two dungeons.

"Money grab?", well I hope so, and I hope KI is getting more than enough money to keep the game going, even more money to update the game.
Unfortunately the companions are bugged and if you have one, you must contact Support to get them fixed.
As for your other complaint, well I hope KI will turn their attention to updating the bundles and ships. ( Or give us a NEW bundle with maxed gear. )

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
7
Ok the powers I suggested are not op especially since every class is getting a new power idk why I even have to explain that. Black fog is always going to be a problem swashbucklers really won’t have use for it late in game after using the first plus it’s hard to pull most times in the first place even when the power is in the first spot also first strike 3 companions help with that so maybe you need to change up your team so the old way of pvp is changed and people have to adapt more. Flash bang stuns for 2 rounds and yes you are paying for stuff you can get at skull island wether you want to or not you can’t pick or choose what you get from this pack if you want spiral furniture go to the bazaar. You Annie are not willing for anything to change as I remember you saying angry orchard was to op which is not true. At this point there is nothing to say your gonna disagree with anything that has to do with changing the game.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
141
anecorbie on Oct 19, 2019 wrote:
I like having an alternative way of gaining Haywire weapons, ( since the Dreadnought is still being abused by cabin glitchers! )
What's wrong with stitch gear? At this point ( no story update ) stitch gear is more interesting than powered gear ( which would only have the same old powers already in the game ). There's nothing new to wear because there's no new levels available.
I love the fact that SI furniture is available ( yay! Ratbeard's chair is back! )
Stitch gear is a problem because if a friend logs on after a year and asks what they missed, all I could say is we got some stitch fodder and 7 mediocre companions.
The skull island furniture is an issue because at least half of it is just taken straight from the skull island furniture vendor. I am spending 399 crowns on this pack and I'm getting items I could buy for 20 gold.

Also the stitch gear is even more of an issue because these are the only drops from Blightbeard and Annie. Not to mention the drop rates are absurdly low. Now that the companion obsessed such as I have already grinded the badges, it is going to become dead content because they offer nothing of value besides 2 companions which aren't even that great and cost 7495 crowns.
These bosses that they spent time designing are just gonna become more forgotten content like the Regatta, the Party Barge, and the ship pvp boss because the drops just aren't there.

Also I don't get the Ratbeard's chair hype going on in this thread, what's the deal? I have several of them. I think they're just from Dueling Diego or something.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9898
Friendly Jesse Pew on Oct 24, 2019 wrote:
Stitch gear is a problem because if a friend logs on after a year and asks what they missed, all I could say is we got some stitch fodder and 7 mediocre companions.
The skull island furniture is an issue because at least half of it is just taken straight from the skull island furniture vendor. I am spending 399 crowns on this pack and I'm getting items I could buy for 20 gold.

Also the stitch gear is even more of an issue because these are the only drops from Blightbeard and Annie. Not to mention the drop rates are absurdly low. Now that the companion obsessed such as I have already grinded the badges, it is going to become dead content because they offer nothing of value besides 2 companions which aren't even that great and cost 7495 crowns.
These bosses that they spent time designing are just gonna become more forgotten content like the Regatta, the Party Barge, and the ship pvp boss because the drops just aren't there.

Also I don't get the Ratbeard's chair hype going on in this thread, what's the deal? I have several of them. I think they're just from Dueling Diego or something.
Ratbeard's Chair used to be in the crown shop, then it was removed. It was a unique item, and I'm glad it's back.Some players have sold theirs in the Bazaar, so there's another way to get one.
Personally, I'm thrilled that we finally got a new pack after 3 years of asking for one; while I'm also severely disappointed that no story-line update seems to be coming soon, anything is way better than nothing.
I see your point, though, you & others responding on this post are ranked PVP competitors and are looking for new gear that will give you an edge on the competition. So this gear sucks for that, sorry.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
Willowydream on Oct 23, 2019 wrote:
I'm really curious about the ship power you got -- can you provide details? It sounds like a horn.

I can't really confirm its from the pack, but I'm nearly certain it is something from the pack. It's like the Marleybone Lightning Power (I replaced Lightning Bats with it) and I will get you a name as soon as I can.

Moderator
Lookit Light on Oct 21, 2019 wrote:
I also think putting in the Haywire weapons was a mistake. I don't like that cabin glitchers are abusing the Dreadnaught either, but it's still a mistake in m opinion.

Also, Ratbeard's chair is back? I've got to get it!
Haywire weapons dropping isn't a bug or a mistake - it was discussed internally before release.

Hopefully, it gives players a little bit more freedom to decide where they feel like farming. Getting to pick your poison so to speak.

Also hi everyone! It's Kayly/Vanessa Mythdust ... I have an NPC forum account now!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9898
Tarrak Hadfield on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
Haywire weapons dropping isn't a bug or a mistake - it was discussed internally before release.

Hopefully, it gives players a little bit more freedom to decide where they feel like farming. Getting to pick your poison so to speak.

Also hi everyone! It's Kayly/Vanessa Mythdust ... I have an NPC forum account now!
I'm glad to know that it's not a mistake. And congrats on your progress, Vanessa!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1362
Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
234
Ratbeard's chair!?!?!
I need to get it...it would look great in my castaway's refuge!!! Anyway I was hoping I could get a nautical wheel for my Smuggler's Cove tavern...
And the ship power I got...Willowydream, haven't played in a bit, so I need to play as soon as I can and I will get details soon! Happy Halloween!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9898
glitterway123 on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
Ratbeard's chair!?!?!
I need to get it...it would look great in my castaway's refuge!!! Anyway I was hoping I could get a nautical wheel for my Smuggler's Cove tavern...
And the ship power I got...Willowydream, haven't played in a bit, so I need to play as soon as I can and I will get details soon! Happy Halloween!
If you can't get it from the pack, try the bazaar, some players are selling theirs.

Captain
Feb 12, 2015
731
Tarrak Hadfield on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
Haywire weapons dropping isn't a bug or a mistake - it was discussed internally before release.

Hopefully, it gives players a little bit more freedom to decide where they feel like farming. Getting to pick your poison so to speak.

Also hi everyone! It's Kayly/Vanessa Mythdust ... I have an NPC forum account now!
Thanks for the reply, Vanessa! Glad to see you here!