Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sapient Species of the Spiral

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I thought it might be fun to look at all the non-beast companions we've managed to recruit through the game. Whether by quest, Crown Shop, Bundles or Packs, these companions make this game unique and even more fun to play.
Amphibians - frogs, troggies and a salamander
Birds - chickens, cranes, geese, ducks, eagles, a pelican, a canary, a peacock and a flamingo
Canines - dogs and a fox ( yes, foxes are related to canines, which include wolves and wild dogs like the dingo ).
Felines - cats and tigers
Live Stock - bulls, bison, pigs, a yak, horses, goats and a kid.
Mechanical/ clockwork - Prince Yule Tide
Marsupials - Water Moles
Mythical - unicorns and a centaur
Plant Life - Christmas treant
Primates - monkeys and a gorilla
Reptiles - aztecasaurs, and a serpent
Rodents - Rats, mice, guinea pigs, a weasel and otters
Sea Life - sharks and crabs
A Sloth
Undead - zombies, skeletons, vampires and ghosts
Ursine - bears

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Are there any species left out? That's a pretty comprehensive list!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 26, 2015 wrote:

Can you name them all? I know there are some who have every single companion available ( except those which are class specific ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 26, 2015 wrote:

It appears I did miss one companion - the Helephant Destroyer, and according to the current sale going on, he's considered a 'spooky' companion.
So, should he be in the Undead category or Mythic?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
We need more primates. I want an orangutan companion!

-Indigo

P.S. And maybe we can have a Polarian Snow Monkey.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Helephant would be more Mythical than undead, I think....

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
treant is a beast and my proof of this is that he is buffed by the BEAST banner

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Oct 31, 2015 wrote:
treant is a beast and my proof of this is that he is buffed by the BEAST banner
But he's a plant. In the game it seems the definition of beast is a little loose: if the companion doesn't wear clothes, or speak, or stand upright, then it should be considered a beast.
Yet the Treant is obviously a plant and it stands upright, so how can it be a beast? BTW, Robert does it reply when you issue orders, or does it grunt or growl?
Can Bonnie Anne or One Eyed Jack solve this riddle for us?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 1, 2015 wrote:
But he's a plant. In the game it seems the definition of beast is a little loose: if the companion doesn't wear clothes, or speak, or stand upright, then it should be considered a beast.
Yet the Treant is obviously a plant and it stands upright, so how can it be a beast? BTW, Robert does it reply when you issue orders, or does it grunt or growl?
Can Bonnie Anne or One Eyed Jack solve this riddle for us?
idk i have my sound off for every game, but he is buffed by the beast banner so id say he is a beast

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Nov 2, 2015 wrote:
idk i have my sound off for every game, but he is buffed by the beast banner so id say he is a beast
If that's the fact, then he must be a beast. I made an error, because I don't have this companion and was basing my case on his appearance, thank you for the correction.