Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay....XIII?

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 16, 2011
OOC: Hello! Since I have no idea which number roleplay this is, I just guessed. Who knows, maybe this is the thirteenth one. Feel free to join in!
~
Hank, black haired, green eyed, was leaning against a wall, having to listen to one of Madame Vadima's long monologues about her spell quests. Students were left and right, listening intently. Hank, who was by then completely bored out of his mind, pulled out a book about Polaris, his old home. Looking along the pages, a flashback struck him like a lightning bolt.

A monstrous and horrifying glacier the size of a skyscraper towered over Hank. He tried to flee, but some form of energy grabbed at him, pulling him back. Sky blue lines began to mold into Hank's skin, and he howled in pain. His eyes glowed blue, and when Hank tried to use a mojo storm to get away, a ferocious wind blew causing the mojo storm to make massive craters into the snowy biome. Hank felt a deadly sensation, which caused him to fall to the ground in a fit of spasms.

Hank awoke on the ground. A student nearby was laughing his head off. Angered, Hank used a simple blowback spell to knock the student off his feet. But instead, it blew the student all the way across the room, slamming him to the wall. Hank left without a word, without looking back. Then, as he stepped into Avery's Court, for a moment he could not remember where he was. All he could think about was Polaris.

"HEY!" Called a deep voice by the life fountain. It was Wolf, black haired also, red eyed.

"Hello, Blacky." Hank spat the last word out angrily. Wolf frowned, then said, "Hey, first off my name isn't Blacky, it's Wolf.

"And second, it wasn't my fault I became the darkness embodiment." Wolf thought for a moment, then glanced at Hank, who was going down the steps of Avery's Court. "Where ya goin'?"

"Polaris," Hank, said, as Wolf caught up and started walking with him.

"Mind if I join?"

"Why not."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Hello! Since I have no idea which number roleplay this is, I just guessed. Who knows, maybe this is the thirteenth one. Feel free to join in!
~
Hank, black haired, green eyed, was leaning against a wall, having to listen to one of Madame Vadima's long monologues about her spell quests. Students were left and right, listening intently. Hank, who was by then completely bored out of his mind, pulled out a book about Polaris, his old home. Looking along the pages, a flashback struck him like a lightning bolt.

A monstrous and horrifying glacier the size of a skyscraper towered over Hank. He tried to flee, but some form of energy grabbed at him, pulling him back. Sky blue lines began to mold into Hank's skin, and he howled in pain. His eyes glowed blue, and when Hank tried to use a mojo storm to get away, a ferocious wind blew causing the mojo storm to make massive craters into the snowy biome. Hank felt a deadly sensation, which caused him to fall to the ground in a fit of spasms.

Hank awoke on the ground. A student nearby was laughing his head off. Angered, Hank used a simple blowback spell to knock the student off his feet. But instead, it blew the student all the way across the room, slamming him to the wall. Hank left without a word, without looking back. Then, as he stepped into Avery's Court, for a moment he could not remember where he was. All he could think about was Polaris.

"HEY!" Called a deep voice by the life fountain. It was Wolf, black haired also, red eyed.

"Hello, Blacky." Hank spat the last word out angrily. Wolf frowned, then said, "Hey, first off my name isn't Blacky, it's Wolf.

"And second, it wasn't my fault I became the darkness embodiment." Wolf thought for a moment, then glanced at Hank, who was going down the steps of Avery's Court. "Where ya goin'?"

"Mind if I join?"

"Why not."
Green eyes gazed upward to the two boys walking towards the dock. The pair of eyes belonged to a blonde-haired swashbuckler, a young girl with an almost annoying optimistic attitude. She had met Hank once in the past, a little affair involving an ice wizard. A deeper memory flickered and she recalled seeing him overpowering three waponi sumo wrestlers with a navy blue aura, something that had instantly gave her respect to him.

"Hiya, Hank!" Lizzy strode over to the two, linking arms with them and strolling with them as if she had known them for her whole life. "Watcha doin'? Can I come?" She turned to Hank, who had a determined look about him. Lizzy looked into his eyes and saw vague uncertainly that he was evidently trying to hide or rid himself of, along with fear of the duplication of a memory, and read his serious aura. She lowered her tone. "Polaris, huh? Always wanted to go there." She spoke, closing the discussion and letting the two boys know that nothing would shake her from accompanying them. Then she turned to Wolf. "My name's Elizabeth Tudor," Lizzy shook his hand with a smile, "But you can call me Lizzy. What's your name?"

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
~

"Mind if I join?"

"Why not."
[OOC: A trip to Polaris eh? How could I possibly refuse?! I think only Scarlet will be in this one, I honestly still don't know Jenny very well. I know that Hank has met Jenny, but I don't think in terms of roleplays that he has met Scarlet yet.]

Scarlet blinked as stepped out of her small rented bunk house and into the bright sunshine of Skull Island. She only kept the bunk house for extra storage, she actually lived in a large villa, somewhere in Cool Ranch.

As the tall redhead gazed around the square she quickly glanced over a blond girl walking quickly up to two boys. That has to be Lizzy! Scarlet decided and quietly snuck up behind the blond girl. She had just stopped behind Lizzy when she heard Lizzy ask the two boys where they were going. When she heard that the trio was off to Polaris, Scarlet couldn't hold back.

"Oui? You are going to Polaris!? You must let me join you! I 'aven't been 'ome to Polaris in a very long time!" Scarlet blurted out, making Lizzy jump and causing a few younger pirates to turn and stare at the group.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
Green eyes gazed upward to the two boys walking towards the dock. The pair of eyes belonged to a blonde-haired swashbuckler, a young girl with an almost annoying optimistic attitude. She had met Hank once in the past, a little affair involving an ice wizard. A deeper memory flickered and she recalled seeing him overpowering three waponi sumo wrestlers with a navy blue aura, something that had instantly gave her respect to him.

"Hiya, Hank!" Lizzy strode over to the two, linking arms with them and strolling with them as if she had known them for her whole life. "Watcha doin'? Can I come?" She turned to Hank, who had a determined look about him. Lizzy looked into his eyes and saw vague uncertainly that he was evidently trying to hide or rid himself of, along with fear of the duplication of a memory, and read his serious aura. She lowered her tone. "Polaris, huh? Always wanted to go there." She spoke, closing the discussion and letting the two boys know that nothing would shake her from accompanying them. Then she turned to Wolf. "My name's Elizabeth Tudor," Lizzy shook his hand with a smile, "But you can call me Lizzy. What's your name?"
Wolf stared at Lizzy for what seemed for a long time, but what only was 7 seconds. "Wolf. Fearless Wolf Nitingale. Pleasure."

Hank was deep in thought, and although he had noticed Lizzy and responded, "Sure," Hank could not be snapped to reality. Another flashback was came into his mind.

"So. That story. Could you tell it to me again, Elder?" Hank said. Instantly, Wolf shot back, "Ughhhhh. No~ooo." But the Elder, who was robed in green, simply replied in a crackled voice, "You mean the one about the Glacier Mirror and it's power? Very well.

"Once there were two kingdoms. In both of those two kingdoms, there was a king. The king on the left side was generous, thoughtful, and treated everyone equally. However, the king on the left side was selfish, and sought only his ideals. The evil king led many an attack against the other kingdom. This usually led to an all out war, which the evil king almost always won because of his huge spring of surprise. The generous king feared for the safety of his people. To stop the endless battle, the generous king used the forces of Polaris to summon a massive glacier which no one could dare climb. Those who went near, were pulverized by it's power. Both kings had approached it, but neither lived. Three years afterward, a man sought to turn off the power of the glacier, since it's area was slowly rising. Soon it would be able to destroy both the kingdoms, and nobody would be spared. The man who sought it was the left king's son. He used the powers of Polaris the same ways his father had done, and created the Glacier Mirror.

"He could now approach the glacier without fear. As he approached it, the Glacier Mirror stopped the deadly rays in their tracks, frozen in place. He got all the way to the glacier's core, and turned it off. Unfortunately, in the process, the two kingdoms were turned entirely to rubble. And the man that turned off the glacier was never seen again.

"And there you have it. The Tale of the Glacier Mirror." The Elder finished with a cracked smile. "However, keep in mind that this is only a 3,000 year old legend."

Hank was jolted out of his flashback by Wolf singing, "Ha~ank. Earth to Ha~anky." Wolf's amused face turned to one of confusion when he saw Hank's face turn urgent. "We need to go." Hank said, looking at the back of his hands. On them were sky blue lines, weaving in and out of each other.

OOC: Heya, Lizzy!

Ensign
May 31, 2012
Another pair of eyes, blood-red ones, watched them from atop a mast. The eyes watched the two boys approach the dock, and the girl who met them there. Long black hair blowing in the wind, the watcher stood up. Maybe joining these people would prove interesting. The watcher had always wanted to go to Polaris, after all. The watcher climbed down to meet them.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
Wolf stared at Lizzy for what seemed for a long time, but what only was 7 seconds. "Wolf. Fearless Wolf Nitingale. Pleasure."

Hank was deep in thought, and although he had noticed Lizzy and responded, "Sure," Hank could not be snapped to reality. Another flashback was came into his mind.

"So. That story. Could you tell it to me again, Elder?" Hank said. Instantly, Wolf shot back, "Ughhhhh. No~ooo." But the Elder, who was robed in green, simply replied in a crackled voice, "You mean the one about the Glacier Mirror and it's power? Very well.

"Once there were two kingdoms. In both of those two kingdoms, there was a king. The king on the left side was generous, thoughtful, and treated everyone equally. However, the king on the left side was selfish, and sought only his ideals. The evil king led many an attack against the other kingdom. This usually led to an all out war, which the evil king almost always won because of his huge spring of surprise. The generous king feared for the safety of his people. To stop the endless battle, the generous king used the forces of Polaris to summon a massive glacier which no one could dare climb. Those who went near, were pulverized by it's power. Both kings had approached it, but neither lived. Three years afterward, a man sought to turn off the power of the glacier, since it's area was slowly rising. Soon it would be able to destroy both the kingdoms, and nobody would be spared. The man who sought it was the left king's son. He used the powers of Polaris the same ways his father had done, and created the Glacier Mirror.

"He could now approach the glacier without fear. As he approached it, the Glacier Mirror stopped the deadly rays in their tracks, frozen in place. He got all the way to the glacier's core, and turned it off. Unfortunately, in the process, the two kingdoms were turned entirely to rubble. And the man that turned off the glacier was never seen again.

"And there you have it. The Tale of the Glacier Mirror." The Elder finished with a cracked smile. "However, keep in mind that this is only a 3,000 year old legend."

Hank was jolted out of his flashback by Wolf singing, "Ha~ank. Earth to Ha~anky." Wolf's amused face turned to one of confusion when he saw Hank's face turn urgent. "We need to go." Hank said, looking at the back of his hands. On them were sky blue lines, weaving in and out of each other.

OOC: Heya, Lizzy!
OOC: Hiya, Hank!
~
Lizzy gazed down at Hank's hands as well, a look of alarm spread over her face. She caught Hank's arm before he could walk too far. "Hank... Are you okay?"

Out of nowhere, Lizzy heard Scarlet's voice behind her. Lizzy yelped and lost her already weak grip on Hank, falling over. She leaped back up like nothing had happened, a grin on her face. "Hey, Scarlet!" Lizzy squeezed her friend in a hug, then turned to Hank. Her expression turned tense again, but her face still glowed with happiness at getting to see her Polarian friend. "Hank, can Scarlet come please? She's from Polaris as well, and I'm sure it would be fun if I got to go there for the first time with her." Lizzy's smile spread. She had read many things about Polaris and had listened to Scarlet talk about it while they were researching different things together, and between these two things, Lizzy was very eager to travel there but never had the nerve to do it on her own. She gave Hank the puppy-dog eyes. "Please?"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
~

"Mind if I join?"

"Why not."
From nearby, a pair of dark and disapproving golden eyes watched the group get together and chat about a trip to some world by the name of Polaris. The sun's aurelian rays moved slightly to brighten the shadow shrouding a young woman from view. She was seated on the edge of a small cliff, one leg crossed over the other, and her lips formed a very melancholy frown that proved her troubles with it. She was by no doubt attractive- her eyes being the color of a morning sun- a flawless aurelian, her skin not pale but not average, fair to be specific, and her hair tumbled down her shoulders in countless spiral curls. A few strands of hair, together being about as thick as a ribbon on both sides, were tied back by a tangerine colored hairpin, outlined in gold. Her outfit was that of a classic musketeer's- a white, puff-sleeved top paired with a brown and gold bodice, a skirt of a darkened, duller gold than the vibrant colors of her hair and eyes lined with white that edged just beneath her knees, and brown boots with white ribbon lacing up in a crisscrossed manner. Brown fingerless gloves that went to her elbows remained on her arms, and brown kneesocks were two more additions to her ensemble.

However, most notable about the young woman was that hat resting on her gold hair. It was small, plain, and brown, with a small white feather branching out from the side horizontally, and being small enough that it clumped together in a collection of white strands. She had a silver rifle over her shoulder, and one hand resting on her hip. All in all, she looked serious yet confident. She, her name being Catalina, decided she was curious about the group, and she meandered down nonchalantly.

"Excuse me," she stated, her voice softer than expected, almost motherly, "if you don't mind, I'm curious of this venture to the place you call Polaris. Mind if I tag along?" She seemed sweeter than her disapproving appearance clarified. The brown on her outfit glossed in the sunlight. She was definitely beautiful to the eye, and judging by her motherly and polite approach, her personality was just as attractive.

(Catalina is a character type I'm trying out. Liking her so far? By the way, I partially based her off the same anime character I based Emma's love for tea and baking and somewhat motherly approach off of... Of course, the other two characters I based Emma's personality off of partook in Catalina in no way. See if you can try and guess who I based Cat off of.)

Captain
May 16, 2011
OOC: Yay, more people And sure ya can, Koompa.
~
Hank gave the girl(who Hank had easily seen coming) a quizzical look. "Have you, now?" Hank scratched his chin for a moment, again lost in thought. Hank then added, "Sure ya can. Though I must ask, have you ever heard of The Tale of the Glacier Mirror, a story passed down in Polaris? I'm going to search for the glacier in that story." Hank thought again, as he caught sight of a boy climbing down from a mast. Hank narrowed his eyes, having remembered seeing this boy before, but only briefly. Hank dared not put a name on him.

Wolf stared around, with many pirates staring back at him. "Hey! Whatcha lookin' at?!" Wolf yelled at them. The pirates quickly looked away, all of them putting on innocence looks. "Well," Wolf added. "We'd best be goin'."

However as Wolf started toward his now unbottled ship, the boy that Hank had seen meanwhile had just caught the group's attention.

Ensign
May 31, 2012
Thunder Hawk on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
~
Hank gave the girl(who Hank had easily seen coming) a quizzical look. "Have you, now?" Hank scratched his chin for a moment, again lost in thought. Hank then added, "Sure ya can. Though I must ask, have you ever heard of The Tale of the Glacier Mirror, a story passed down in Polaris? I'm going to search for the glacier in that story." Hank thought again, as he caught sight of a boy climbing down from a mast. Hank narrowed his eyes, having remembered seeing this boy before, but only briefly. Hank dared not put a name on him.

Wolf stared around, with many pirates staring back at him. "Hey! Whatcha lookin' at?!" Wolf yelled at them. The pirates quickly looked away, all of them putting on innocence looks. "Well," Wolf added. "We'd best be goin'."

However as Wolf started toward his now unbottled ship, the boy that Hank had seen meanwhile had just caught the group's attention.
OOC: Ya may want to get Hank's eyesight checked. Did I ever say this character was male?

The watcher walked up to the group, calling a greeting. Now that the distance had closed, it was obvious that she was a girl. She wore a blu overcoat with gold trimming, and there was a slim gold bracelet upon her right wrist. Her face was rather open and honest, with a sweet smile, but intelligence glittered in her eyes. She carried a halberd in her arms, and an Armada Marine shield was strapped across her back. Comeing upp to the group, she asked, "May I join? I've always wanted to see Polaris. My name is Isis, by the way." She stretched her hand out to shake.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
A shadowy figure watched from the crows nest, his body silhouetted against the sun. He suddenly ran down the length of the mast, spread his arms, and leapt, head down, into the conveniently placed pile of hay. He stands, and puts his hand out to shake with Hank's.
"I understand that you are captain on a voyage to Polaris? My target is located near there, and I am willing to pay a hefty sum for passage. My name is Kai Alcott, currently operating for the Valencian Brotherhood."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Lizzy giggled. "Well, Hank," she suppressed a smile, "looks like you've become popular."

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
~

"Ze tale of ze Glacier Mirror, is zat not ze story about ze two old Kingdoms? You know it is juste an old legend 'ank. Zer is no gaurantee zat ze Mirror exists. 'Owever, I will go wiz you. It 'as been too long since I last saw le beau pays." [the beautiful country], Scarlet replied as she turned with Hank and the others and began walking towards the docks.

Captain
May 16, 2011
OOC: Well now, there is quite the load of people here. ^^

Hank smiled. A faithful group of people were joining his small adventure. He didn't think he'd be overheard by so many pirates. And he did take into account that Scarlet thought the story was just a legend. But stories, rumors, that was enough for Hank. In fact, that's what fueled him for many of his adventures. "Right!" Hank said, shaking Isis' hand, while momentarily thinking about how embarrassed he would be if he actually said that Isis was a boy in public. "We're all going to Polaris then! And by the way, Kai, no need to pay. I be paying for the traveling expenses."

"Ughhhh" Wolf said. "Can we just GO?!" He walked off to the docks.

"Sure we can, Mister Impatient. Let's go." Hank said, amused by Wolf's behavior.

OOC: Off to Polaris!

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
As they leave the docks, Kai shouted "I call lookout!" and climbed into the crow's nest. He raised his arm, and an eagle flew onto it. Suddenly, Kai felt an urge to jump off the lookout post.
"If anyone is there, it isn't like they'll get hurt." He whispered
"We aren't all assassins, Kai." He replied
"JUMP NOW!" He commanded himself, running to the edge and jumping. Landing on a well-placed stack of hay by Marquis the pet-
"First mate." Marquis snapped.
by the First Mate monkey.
Meanwhile, Old Scratch tried summoning all dead birds in the spiral to his command.
They tear up the sails, and snap at anyone who tries freeing them. So Scratch lets them go back to the ranks of the dead.

Petty Officer
Dec 13, 2009
"Waaaaaiiiit uuuuuuuup!" Dino ran over and, bending over to pant for a second, looked up and said
"You going to Polaris?" After the assembled pirates confirm this,"Mind if I tag along?"

Ensign
Sep 28, 2013
a sixteen year old boy with sea green eyes, tan skin, black hair dressed in marleybone clothing about 5'5 in height by the name of john overheard a crew talking about going to polaris and he wasn't going to miss a trip like that so he ran to the ship and asked hank to join the crew he said I always wanted to go to polaris.

OOC; now let's sail to polaris