Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Roleplay Summaries

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Evan ('Pirates in the Sky') has inspired me to write out some plot summaries of the current roleplay threads. This will be a changing topic as roleplays finish and new ones begin, and since I do not have a full understanding, please feel free to write new or better summaries than mine.

(1) "Roleplay!" (aka 'Tea Leaves of DOOM')
Emma, a musketeer and pirate captain, is grounded by Avery, but slipped some help on the side (the other players) in case she ignores her prohibition -- which she does! Going to Mooshu, Emma and company are ambushed in a warehouse by a lot of Ninja Pigs under the direction of a samoorai warrior. Upon defeat, the samoorai gives them a cryptic warning. Soon after, Emma's highly sensitive senses regarding her beloved tea enable her to realize that the tea in the warehouse designated for illicit Marleybone trade (the only kind right now) is peculiar. An alchemist in Subata has confirmed that this tea has indeed been poisoned, and now has revealed his findings...

(2) "Roleplay II" (the Library of Sivella Quest)
A magically caused storm allows a group of pirates and some of their companions to sneak into Sivella, in order to find a rare book that will allow a certain code to be broken. They are intercepted by an Armada patrol, but assisted by two 'students' who help the pirates win the conflict. The students are actually pirates in undercover missions of their own. One of the students (Elizabeth) takes the seekers into a secret room, and finds them the book they need. As they attempt to sneak out of Sivella, Elizabeth is captured by the Armada. The others formulate rescue plans. When the rescuers find Elizabeth in the Armada prison, they find that she is facing a clockwork duplicate. With no time to decipher false from true, the rescuers take both, and escape the Armada thanks to a well planned nautical diversion from the other 'student' (Scarlet). But now they have the problem of deciphering which is the human girl, and which is the Armada spy...

(3) "Roleplay III- redone"
A sinister gold artifact is stolen from the Troggies of Skull Island, desired by a mysterious thieves guild and even more mysterious witchdoctor. The action then changes to new characters with conversations on the beach and an assassination attempt, and I think a third plot line is also now developing... Keeping hold of plots can be like herding cats.

(4) "Roleplay IV"
I confess, I can't give a summary, as I do not understand what is going on. Some nice character thought and interaction though. Presently the participants are experimenting with an ordered progression of storytelling...

(5) "Roleplay V" (Undercover Wizard)
A young wizard pretending to be a pirate sneaks onto Skull Island with the connivance of her pirate brother. She and her wand become the center of considerable interest, both open and covert, from the locals. Like a light-hearted teen movie, boys fight and fashion-conscious girls ask too-pointed questions...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
(summaries continued)
(6) Waponi War Roleplay! (Melee)
The Waponi are attacking Skull Island! No one knows why yet, but all are embroiled in melee, with some quite comedic bits. Help may be on the way...

(6) Roleplay !! [Heart of Lacey]
In this well-written opening, a ship is about to be engulfed by a menacing whirlpool...

(7) Roleplay 1rst
Cutthroat pirates have abducted some people from Skull Island, and a rescue mission needs to go forth...

That's all I have for now... and then there are pseudo-roleplay threads like the often hilarious 'A mutiny is rising' thread started by Indigo which now has the unlikely possibilities of the pirates invading Wizard City -- perhaps as shoppers? Though of course, disguises are considered necessary...

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
I'm so glad you posted these summaries -- they are really helpful and completely true of what all was going on. Bravo, Anne!

~Elizabeth, level 22 ~

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Evan ('Pirates in the Sky') has inspired me to write out some plot summaries of the current roleplay threads. This will be a changing topic as roleplays finish and new ones begin, and since I do not have a full understanding, please feel free to write new or better summaries than mine.

(1) "Roleplay!" (aka 'Tea Leaves of DOOM')
Emma, a musketeer and pirate captain, is grounded by Avery, but slipped some help on the side (the other players) in case she ignores her prohibition -- which she does! Going to Mooshu, Emma and company are ambushed in a warehouse by a lot of Ninja Pigs under the direction of a samoorai warrior. Upon defeat, the samoorai gives them a cryptic warning. Soon after, Emma's highly sensitive senses regarding her beloved tea enable her to realize that the tea in the warehouse designated for illicit Marleybone trade (the only kind right now) is peculiar. An alchemist in Subata has confirmed that this tea has indeed been poisoned, and now has revealed his findings...

(2) "Roleplay II" (the Library of Sivella Quest)
A magically caused storm allows a group of pirates and some of their companions to sneak into Sivella, in order to find a rare book that will allow a certain code to be broken. They are intercepted by an Armada patrol, but assisted by two 'students' who help the pirates win the conflict. The students are actually pirates in undercover missions of their own. One of the students (Elizabeth) takes the seekers into a secret room, and finds them the book they need. As they attempt to sneak out of Sivella, Elizabeth is captured by the Armada. The others formulate rescue plans. When the rescuers find Elizabeth in the Armada prison, they find that she is facing a clockwork duplicate. With no time to decipher false from true, the rescuers take both, and escape the Armada thanks to a well planned nautical diversion from the other 'student' (Scarlet). But now they have the problem of deciphering which is the human girl, and which is the Armada spy...

(3) "Roleplay III- redone"
A sinister gold artifact is stolen from the Troggies of Skull Island, desired by a mysterious thieves guild and even more mysterious witchdoctor. The action then changes to new characters with conversations on the beach and an assassination attempt, and I think a third plot line is also now developing... Keeping hold of plots can be like herding cats.

(4) "Roleplay IV"
I confess, I can't give a summary, as I do not understand what is going on. Some nice character thought and interaction though. Presently the participants are experimenting with an ordered progression of storytelling...

(5) "Roleplay V" (Undercover Wizard)
A young wizard pretending to be a pirate sneaks onto Skull Island with the connivance of her pirate brother. She and her wand become the center of considerable interest, both open and covert, from the locals. Like a light-hearted teen movie, boys fight and fashion-conscious girls ask too-pointed questions...
Oh Anne. You describe the plots so accurately and comically! If I hadn't invented three of the threads, then I'd be so interested in joining just with your description. I love Roleplay 1 the most. Just has always been my favorite of the three.

Ciao!