Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Roleplay: Secrets of the Skull

1
AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 31, 2012
28
Hey everyone! My name is Serpent996, or if you know me from Central, just Serpent. I decided to make a roleplay on here! Feel free to join in whenever you want!
* * * * *
The dingy tavern was packed. Music and smoke from the fire filled the air. Cutthroats and rats and humans stood everywhere, most laughing and roughhousing. All in all, it was very chaotic. I loved every second of it. I hung from the rafters with a few other people, chortling as I saw another patron thrown out. Drinking my Yum, I glanced around. A few people had passed out and fallen to the floor, though they had woken up unharmed. I was one of the last still in the game. The goal was who could stay up here the longest. I was fairly confident I was winning. Unlike some, I could hold my Yum down, and I regularly hung up here anyways. Adjusting my floppy feathered hat, I roared with laughter as another rat fell. This night was going great!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Serpent996 on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
Hey everyone! My name is Serpent996, or if you know me from Central, just Serpent. I decided to make a roleplay on here! Feel free to join in whenever you want!
* * * * *
The dingy tavern was packed. Music and smoke from the fire filled the air. Cutthroats and rats and humans stood everywhere, most laughing and roughhousing. All in all, it was very chaotic. I loved every second of it. I hung from the rafters with a few other people, chortling as I saw another patron thrown out. Drinking my Yum, I glanced around. A few people had passed out and fallen to the floor, though they had woken up unharmed. I was one of the last still in the game. The goal was who could stay up here the longest. I was fairly confident I was winning. Unlike some, I could hold my Yum down, and I regularly hung up here anyways. Adjusting my floppy feathered hat, I roared with laughter as another rat fell. This night was going great!
Emma Everhart lounged in the rafters as well, looking bored and aggravated. "Dang, I thought ya said this game was fun, Jack!" The blonde teased her friend. "This is easier than beatin' Banditoads." She took a sip of raspberry pomegranate iced tea calmly and watched as yet another pirate toppled off the rafters. "Lucky for me I don't sleep or pass out. If Keira were here she'd already have gone down!"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Highlander Fox of ... on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
Emma Everhart lounged in the rafters as well, looking bored and aggravated. "Dang, I thought ya said this game was fun, Jack!" The blonde teased her friend. "This is easier than beatin' Banditoads." She took a sip of raspberry pomegranate iced tea calmly and watched as yet another pirate toppled off the rafters. "Lucky for me I don't sleep or pass out. If Keira were here she'd already have gone down!"
A young blonde teen stomped out of Avery's Court in a huff, a large white long-haired greyhound trotting at her side, leaning against her leg as she walked. She didn't have to reach down to pet the dog, and ran her fingers through the dog's silky smooth fur. "Don't worry." She said. "I'll keep you anyway, whether or not Avery lets me." Elizabeth Tudor sat on the soft sand in the merchant's market, and the large white dog licked her chin, sitting down opposite of her. "Where did you come from, anyway?" Lizzy rested her hands in her crossed lap and looked at the dog's big, warm, chocolate brown eyes. Those brown eyes looked intently back at her, then laid down, resting its snout on her hands. Lizzy chuckled, picking one of her hands up and petting the greyhound's snout.

"You're a good girl." Lizzy kissed the dog between its eyes, but it shook its head. "A boy, then?" Lizzy's eyes widened, but dogs couldn't nod... could they? "So you're a boy." She asked it like a statement, and when she did, the dog leaned into her and knocked her over to confirm that he was indeed male. "Alright!" Lizzy laughed and had to push the dog's wet snout away from her face, as she nearly drowned in wet kisses. Both Lizzy and the dog at the same time lifted their noses to the air, having caught the smell of smoke from a fire coming out of the tavern. "Let's go see what's going on, shall we?" Lizzy and the dog stood up and strode to the tavern, but paused outside the door. She wrapped her arms around herself, latching her fingers on her shoulder blades, and sighed. "Here we go."

The muted music instantly boomed when she opened the door, and both Lizzy and the greyhound flinched from the sudden noise. Mugs of yum sailed across the room as pirates, humans and animals alike, danced and roughhoused playfully. Lizzy walked in timidly, and nearly got hit by a boot swinging down from one of the rafters.

"Well well well, if it isn't Emma Everhart?" Lizzy smiled broadly and looked into the rafters, waving to her friend. She leaped onto a table, jumped up to the rafter that Jack was on, and swayed her legs in sychnrony back and forth until she had built up enough momentum. When she did, she flipped onto the same rafter. She grinned to Emma, then did a no-handed cartwheel in the gap between the rafters and landed sitting next to her friend. She gave her a quick hug, then called "Here, boy!" but was instantly surprised to find the dog follow her by leaping onto the same table, then onto Jack's rafter, then over the gap and next to Lizzy. "Wow, good boy!" She pet the dog and hugged him. "What do you think I should name him?" Lizzy asked with a mischievious smile, knowing that she was obeying a direct order from Captain Avery by keeping the dog. The long-coated greyhound gave her another kiss on the chin.
~
OOC: I've gotten a new computer and a keyboard today (thank you, Daddy!), and there's no spellcheck, so I may have messed up more words than usual. I hope not, but maybe.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Oops... I meant Lizzy dis-obeyed Captain Avery's direct orders by keeping the dog. Oops.

Ensign
May 31, 2012
28
"I think you should name him Fido," I laughed. The last pirate fell to the floor, electing a new chorus of laughs. I was the last one left. "Aw yeah!" I jump down to the bar, grinning at Skinny Pete. "I believe I earned a free Yum?"
"Aye," the bartender said, then handed it to me. "A toast, I think, to Cunning Jack!"
"Yar!" The patrons cheered, and we all downed our drinks. I glanced in the mirror, seeing what they were toasting. I saw a small, skinny, one-eyed Swasbuckler staring back at me. He had black hair, a red eye (well, two, but the right eye was covered), and a knowing smirk. He had a few scars, and although he was small, he was fairly well muscled. Oh wait, that was me! I roared with laughter and glanced back around. "Who wants to make a bet?" I said, smiling evilly.

Captain
May 16, 2011
552
Heya Serpent! Good to see ya on the message boards!
~
Connor stared out into the night sky, with strangely, a sleek black cat perched on his shoulder. It was midnight. Then, glancing away and staring at the cat, Connor wondered what to name it. Connor had assumed the cat was a boy, so he made a list of names for it.

Cody? No, that didn't sound right for a black cat.
Theodore? Nope, don't like that name at all.
Astro? Naw, that sounds like he's from the stormgate passages.
Alpha? Nope, that's a dog's name.
Apollo? Uhhhh?
Cat Norris? O_o NOPE

Out of ideas, Connor scratched his chin for a moment.

Leo. Yes that was it, Leo, a perfect name.

Connor then started toward the tavern door, and swung it open. Many a pirate were swigging down yum, at a crazy speed. Connor and Leo stared.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Serpent996 on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
"I think you should name him Fido," I laughed. The last pirate fell to the floor, electing a new chorus of laughs. I was the last one left. "Aw yeah!" I jump down to the bar, grinning at Skinny Pete. "I believe I earned a free Yum?"
"Aye," the bartender said, then handed it to me. "A toast, I think, to Cunning Jack!"
"Yar!" The patrons cheered, and we all downed our drinks. I glanced in the mirror, seeing what they were toasting. I saw a small, skinny, one-eyed Swasbuckler staring back at me. He had black hair, a red eye (well, two, but the right eye was covered), and a knowing smirk. He had a few scars, and although he was small, he was fairly well muscled. Oh wait, that was me! I roared with laughter and glanced back around. "Who wants to make a bet?" I said, smiling evilly.
"Fido..." Lizzy murmured, unsure. Fido didn't seem like a special enough name for the lean greyhound at her side. She looked the large white dog, who was panting happily, although cautious of all of the pirates and the noise. Lizzy chuckled. The dog seemed so much like her; timid, lean, unsure, but happy through it all.

"Yar..." She spoke half-heartedly, still distracted by her own thoughts about this new dog. Captain Avery had really flipped out when he had seen the dog and immediately told her that she couldn't keep him. She didn't like Captain Avery - "Never have, never will." - and didn't trust him, but maybe, just maybe, he was right. He was a large reason, after all, why she and her friends have four of the seven pieces of the map. Maybe he was right. She turned and looked to the white greyhound, who was gazing around the room, enjoying itself and seeing how happy the others were. She casted aside all of her thoughts about maybe not keeping the dog, and thought about the name some more.

"Who wants to make a bet?" The words interrupted her thoughts, but she ignored them and finally realized what she wanted to name the dog. "Captain Warwick shall be your name, but we'll just call you Captain for short. How does that sound?"

The dog barked happily, which was a loud, booming bark that momentarily silenced the tavern. Everybody glared up at Lizzy and Captain, but shortly resumed their happy prattling. She laughed and hugged the dog, remembering the friend that she had named the dog after. "If you stay true to your name, we're going to have a lot of adventures, you and me, pal." Captain licked her chin, making her laugh some more. Then her eyes widened as she realized she hadn't properly introduced herself to Emma's friend. She hooked her legs to the wooden beam that she sat on and leaned backwards, turning upside-down, facing the floor. She turned to Cunning Jack and extended her hand. "Hello!" She smiled, which from Jack's view looked like a very toothy frown. "My name's Lizzy, and I'm a good friend of Emma's, up there." With her left hand she pointed to Emma, lounging in the rafters. "What about you?"

Ensign
Jun 18, 2013
33
A flap of mechanical wings is the only precursor of Tim Walker's arrival outside the Kraken Skull Tavern. The mechanical wings a salvaged trophy from a defeated battle angle, modified for his use. Landing near the door, he flipped a small lever on the control device that was strapped to his left wrist. Quickly the wings folded up on themselves to size of a book at his shoulders which he easily covered with his Cool Ranch duster.

Seeing only a few walking about the bazaar this night in Skull Island, he made his way to the tavern for a drink and any interesting news. Opening the door, he had to side step quickly as a passed out Warf rat was tossed out of the tavern. The bouncers laughing amongst themselves as the unconscious rat lay sprawled in the dirt waiting for his friends to pick him up and take him home. Tim could only smirk at the sight, it was not an uncommon thing to see in many port side taverns across the spiral.

Making his way in the tavern finally, he could see the crowd was really riled up and having a great time. He smiled and gave a two fingered salute to his fellow human pirates who looked his way and made his way to the bar.

"The usual?" Stinky Pete said gruffly to the swashbuckler as he leaned on the bar.

"The usual." Tim said as he removed his Stetson.

He then looked to the red eyed human pirate as he made his dare to the crowd, and smirked as more than a few patrons took him up on it. He drained his glass of rum quickly and had Pete refill it.

"This should be interesting." He said to his glass, watching the crowd.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Just Add Bacon on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
A young blonde teen stomped out of Avery's Court in a huff, a large white long-haired greyhound trotting at her side, leaning against her leg as she walked. She didn't have to reach down to pet the dog, and ran her fingers through the dog's silky smooth fur. "Don't worry." She said. "I'll keep you anyway, whether or not Avery lets me." Elizabeth Tudor sat on the soft sand in the merchant's market, and the large white dog licked her chin, sitting down opposite of her. "Where did you come from, anyway?" Lizzy rested her hands in her crossed lap and looked at the dog's big, warm, chocolate brown eyes. Those brown eyes looked intently back at her, then laid down, resting its snout on her hands. Lizzy chuckled, picking one of her hands up and petting the greyhound's snout.

"You're a good girl." Lizzy kissed the dog between its eyes, but it shook its head. "A boy, then?" Lizzy's eyes widened, but dogs couldn't nod... could they? "So you're a boy." She asked it like a statement, and when she did, the dog leaned into her and knocked her over to confirm that he was indeed male. "Alright!" Lizzy laughed and had to push the dog's wet snout away from her face, as she nearly drowned in wet kisses. Both Lizzy and the dog at the same time lifted their noses to the air, having caught the smell of smoke from a fire coming out of the tavern. "Let's go see what's going on, shall we?" Lizzy and the dog stood up and strode to the tavern, but paused outside the door. She wrapped her arms around herself, latching her fingers on her shoulder blades, and sighed. "Here we go."

The muted music instantly boomed when she opened the door, and both Lizzy and the greyhound flinched from the sudden noise. Mugs of yum sailed across the room as pirates, humans and animals alike, danced and roughhoused playfully. Lizzy walked in timidly, and nearly got hit by a boot swinging down from one of the rafters.

"Well well well, if it isn't Emma Everhart?" Lizzy smiled broadly and looked into the rafters, waving to her friend. She leaped onto a table, jumped up to the rafter that Jack was on, and swayed her legs in sychnrony back and forth until she had built up enough momentum. When she did, she flipped onto the same rafter. She grinned to Emma, then did a no-handed cartwheel in the gap between the rafters and landed sitting next to her friend. She gave her a quick hug, then called "Here, boy!" but was instantly surprised to find the dog follow her by leaping onto the same table, then onto Jack's rafter, then over the gap and next to Lizzy. "Wow, good boy!" She pet the dog and hugged him. "What do you think I should name him?" Lizzy asked with a mischievious smile, knowing that she was obeying a direct order from Captain Avery by keeping the dog. The long-coated greyhound gave her another kiss on the chin.
~
OOC: I've gotten a new computer and a keyboard today (thank you, Daddy!), and there's no spellcheck, so I may have messed up more words than usual. I hope not, but maybe.
"Lizzy!" Emma exclaimed, happy to see her friend. "How are you doing? And that's a pretty dog ya have there... Mind me suggesting that ya name him Tom?" The blonde laughed before taking another sip of tea. "And ya see, this is what happens when I'm not running the tavern." Emma gestured to the craziness surrounding the trio, from the rough housing, sounds of shattering glass, and laughs, flames, and wild music. "Gosh, I'm startin' to miss the saloons! At least there I could play my guitar or violin in peace without having to dodge fire every five seconds." Emma crossed one leg over the other and shrugged.

At Jack's words, Emma just glared. "Jack, remember the last time you tried to make a bet? That. Didn't. End well!" She stated in reference to the Halloween mishap.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
A young woman with pale skin and light blonde hair, dressed very much in the style of a witchdoctor sat at a table near a corner of the room, pretty much ignoring all the goings on, intent on drawing geometrical shapes with her finger and the water from the condensation ring from her Yum mug. She was much more interested to see how the shapes fitted inside each other than the occasional pirate falling from the ceiling, or the pirate dancing on the table a little ways over (she looked, but looked away again. It wasn't good dancing), or even the wrestling match going on at the table right next to her. She looked up with interest when she heard Emma's voice, then Lizzy's, but since they were busy and didn't notice her, she went right back to what she was doing, now adding calculations of volume to her previous ones of area and perimeter.

She went right back to what she was doing, that is, until the limbs of the white dog leaping up flashed across her vision. She stared at the dog's leaps, then frowned. It seemed awfully unusual for a dog to do such acrobatics, surely. And there was definitely something... something different about it.

The witchdoctor let her eyes unfocus and stared dreamily at the world around her, then directing her vision to the dog. She gasped. That was no dog's aura.

That was a human's aura.

Ensign
May 31, 2012
28
"Don't worry, Emma! It won't end like last time. Mainly because that witch Raven isn't here." The venom in my words when I said her name was obvious, but then I went back to my cheery manner. "Alright, everyone move! Outta the center! And move the tables!" I chuckled as they did. It seems they sensed a fight about to occur. I quickly stand in the center. "Okay, here's the bet! Without using my swords," I toss my swords to Emma, "or my daggers," drop them on a nearby table, "I bet I can break a sword without grabbing it. Who wants to try?!"
Volunteers surged forward. No way this young boy could do that! I slowed them down and picked one, a scrawny rat with a rusted cutlass. "Hope you're not to attached to that blade," I whisper to him.
"Not really, but I'm gonna win this, easy!" I almost laughed at his overconfidence. We took our positions and waited for Pete to give us the starting signal.

OOC: Don't be offended he ignored Lizzy. He does that.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Thunder Hawk on Oct 5, 2013 wrote:
Heya Serpent! Good to see ya on the message boards!
~
Connor stared out into the night sky, with strangely, a sleek black cat perched on his shoulder. It was midnight. Then, glancing away and staring at the cat, Connor wondered what to name it. Connor had assumed the cat was a boy, so he made a list of names for it.

Cody? No, that didn't sound right for a black cat.
Theodore? Nope, don't like that name at all.
Astro? Naw, that sounds like he's from the stormgate passages.
Alpha? Nope, that's a dog's name.
Apollo? Uhhhh?
Cat Norris? O_o NOPE

Out of ideas, Connor scratched his chin for a moment.

Leo. Yes that was it, Leo, a perfect name.

Connor then started toward the tavern door, and swung it open. Many a pirate were swigging down yum, at a crazy speed. Connor and Leo stared.
OOC: I've sat in my chair for quite a few minutes staring at the screen after reading your post, and I'm very pleased, though amused, that you've decided to enter the roleplay the same way as I have; with an animal. I find it pretty funny that my girl swashbuckler found a white dog, and your boy buccaneer found a black cat. XD I'm excited to see how this turns out!
~
Although Lizzy still hung upside-down with her hand extended to Cunning Jack, out of the corner of her eye she saw the tavern door open again. Her eyes widened, she let out a yelp, and her legs loosened their grip on the wooden beam, therefore she fell with a loud thump and a small crack that everyone within five feet of her could hear. She stood up like a character in a pop-up book, rubbing the bones in her neck that had just made the popping sound, and timidly walked over to Connor. The silky, long-haired Greyhound leaped down from his place by Emma in the rafters and trotted up next to Lizzy, his head being higher than her hip. It was pretty obvious that both girl and dog were tense around the boy with the black cat, and Lizzy couldn't pry her eyes away from the animal on Connor's shoulder.

It was a beautiful cat, yes, but Lizzy didn't know much about cats, and couldn't communicate with them like she could with dogs. She was a little intimidated by the cat, but offered her hand for it to sniff. It touched its nose to her finger, but didn't seem interested in smelling her. She gave the cat a hurt expression, but went to pet it in its ears. The cat moved like lightning and before Lizzy knew what had happened, she saw the cat's paw rested on her palm. But it felt like four knives had gone into her skin, and she retracted her hand to find that the cat had scratched it pretty good.

Tears came to her eyes, but she bit her lip and extended her left hand, the unscratched one, to shake Connor's, being weary of the cat and leaning away from it. Captain looked up at the cat, same as Lizzy looked up at Connor, who was a good deal taller than her (as was everybody, it seemed), and the greyhound curled its lip upward slightly, but didn't growl. He lowered his lips and turned to look at Lizzy, noticing that she wasn't comfortable around Connor, and she was tense, ready to spring away if anything bad happened.

He turned to look at Connor, noticing that he didn't seem to be very much of a threat. Buccaneers were slower than swashbucklers, Captain didn't see why Lizzy was so nervous; she could easily get away if anything happened. But, Connor didn't seem to be the person willing to hurt her. Captain turned swiftly, walked behind Lizzy, and nudged her roughly, sending her crashing into Connor with a surprised expression on her face. She leaped away instantly and blushed, then turned to Captain. "Please don't do that. I don't appreciate it." Lizzy laughed nervously and shrugged back to Connor. "Good to see you, Connor!" Lizzy held her scratched hand close to her chest and shook Connor's hand.

Captain
May 16, 2011
552
Just Add Bacon on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
OOC: I've sat in my chair for quite a few minutes staring at the screen after reading your post, and I'm very pleased, though amused, that you've decided to enter the roleplay the same way as I have; with an animal. I find it pretty funny that my girl swashbuckler found a white dog, and your boy buccaneer found a black cat. XD I'm excited to see how this turns out!
~
Although Lizzy still hung upside-down with her hand extended to Cunning Jack, out of the corner of her eye she saw the tavern door open again. Her eyes widened, she let out a yelp, and her legs loosened their grip on the wooden beam, therefore she fell with a loud thump and a small crack that everyone within five feet of her could hear. She stood up like a character in a pop-up book, rubbing the bones in her neck that had just made the popping sound, and timidly walked over to Connor. The silky, long-haired Greyhound leaped down from his place by Emma in the rafters and trotted up next to Lizzy, his head being higher than her hip. It was pretty obvious that both girl and dog were tense around the boy with the black cat, and Lizzy couldn't pry her eyes away from the animal on Connor's shoulder.

It was a beautiful cat, yes, but Lizzy didn't know much about cats, and couldn't communicate with them like she could with dogs. She was a little intimidated by the cat, but offered her hand for it to sniff. It touched its nose to her finger, but didn't seem interested in smelling her. She gave the cat a hurt expression, but went to pet it in its ears. The cat moved like lightning and before Lizzy knew what had happened, she saw the cat's paw rested on her palm. But it felt like four knives had gone into her skin, and she retracted her hand to find that the cat had scratched it pretty good.

Tears came to her eyes, but she bit her lip and extended her left hand, the unscratched one, to shake Connor's, being weary of the cat and leaning away from it. Captain looked up at the cat, same as Lizzy looked up at Connor, who was a good deal taller than her (as was everybody, it seemed), and the greyhound curled its lip upward slightly, but didn't growl. He lowered his lips and turned to look at Lizzy, noticing that she wasn't comfortable around Connor, and she was tense, ready to spring away if anything bad happened.

He turned to look at Connor, noticing that he didn't seem to be very much of a threat. Buccaneers were slower than swashbucklers, Captain didn't see why Lizzy was so nervous; she could easily get away if anything happened. But, Connor didn't seem to be the person willing to hurt her. Captain turned swiftly, walked behind Lizzy, and nudged her roughly, sending her crashing into Connor with a surprised expression on her face. She leaped away instantly and blushed, then turned to Captain. "Please don't do that. I don't appreciate it." Lizzy laughed nervously and shrugged back to Connor. "Good to see you, Connor!" Lizzy held her scratched hand close to her chest and shook Connor's hand.
Connor shot Leo a warning look, then turned back to Lizzy. "Moumantai. I got that same reaction as you did when I first met the little guy. It's good to see you haven't died." Connor grinned, and shook Lizzy's hand. Then looking at Lizzy, seeming to stare into her very soul,he dded, "You still don't trust me do you, even though it's been months after we escaped the ravine. Oh,and I almost forgot." And tossed Lizzy some gold for the potion.

OOC: Just Add Bacon, so not to converge Roleplay IV with this one, let's assume it's been a few months after the time Roleplay IV will be finished. Work for you? Oh, and that gold part was circulating around the potion that healed Connor in Roleplay IV.

Then hearing Jack just beat someone at a bet, Connor challenged Jack. "You may have beaten a swashbuckler at this little game, but play time's over. Let's see how you fare against a buccaneer." The tavern grew dead silent, as Connor pulled out a bag of gold, and a huge cutlass. "If you beat me, you get this bag of gold. What say you?" Connor added, holding up a bag of gold, and with a smirk on his face. Leo seemed to have a smirk on his face as well.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
Anneke stood, leaving behind her idle geometric calculations. She bit her lip. She knew Elizabeth a little, having been on an adventure with her, but she wasn't sure if Elizabeth remembered her. Elizabeth really hadn't spoken to her a whole lot then, being more concerned with Devin, Jack, and other people. So what was she supposed to say? Hi, I don't know if you remember me, but I have to tell you that I think the dog you like is really a human under an enchantment? Anneke's shoulders slumped. Yeah, that would be a wonderful introduction. Elizabeth would probably just think she was crazy. Maybe she was.

The hubbub of people excitedly pushing away tables and clearing an area for a fight pushed Anneke further back, and she found she just couldn't get through with all the press of people. She saw Lizzy jump down and meet a boy with a cat on his shoulders, the 'dog' following her. But there was no way she could get to her now, not without pushing and shoving, and with the mood of this crowd, that was likely to get her punched, at the very least.

She pondered the problem of the dog. Anneke was learning a lot from Madame Vadima, but the master witchdoctor had never indicated that it was possible to turn a human into an animal. Mind you, they hadn't discussed such a possibility, only the usual venues of tapping into an animal's spirit for power, energy, or information, which was pretty heady stuff all on its own. However, in Krokotopia where Anneke grew up, both the Krocs and the Manders had many tales of humans turned into animals by sorcerers, easily done if the subject was willing, extremely dangerous if used as a way to punish a victim. But such powers did not seem to be known outside Krokotopia. Anneke wondered briefly if her friend Devin the Snow Girl knew if such things were known among the wizards in the almost mythical Wizard City. But she had no present way of finding out.

Anneke looked over to where Lizzy stood. The cat met her gaze with unblinking eyes.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2013
33
Tim had donned his Stetson again as he watches the red-eyed pirate make his boast, smirking faintly at his bravado. As the pirate began to concentrate on his task, Tim took the time to better look around the tavern. He noticed the odd interaction with the two pirates and their animal companions, but also took note of the witchdoctor who's interest in them was far more than his. Seeing the interchange between them, he leaned back against the bar to speak quietly with Stinky Pete, who watched all of the going-ons in the tavern with a detached demeanor.

"So, what's their story?" His way of asking who were they.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Serpent996 on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:
"Don't worry, Emma! It won't end like last time. Mainly because that witch Raven isn't here." The venom in my words when I said her name was obvious, but then I went back to my cheery manner. "Alright, everyone move! Outta the center! And move the tables!" I chuckled as they did. It seems they sensed a fight about to occur. I quickly stand in the center. "Okay, here's the bet! Without using my swords," I toss my swords to Emma, "or my daggers," drop them on a nearby table, "I bet I can break a sword without grabbing it. Who wants to try?!"
Volunteers surged forward. No way this young boy could do that! I slowed them down and picked one, a scrawny rat with a rusted cutlass. "Hope you're not to attached to that blade," I whisper to him.
"Not really, but I'm gonna win this, easy!" I almost laughed at his overconfidence. We took our positions and waited for Pete to give us the starting signal.

OOC: Don't be offended he ignored Lizzy. He does that.
Emma face palmed. Jack was capable of many things- it seemed the overconfident rat was not familiar with his tactics. But no one really was- her friend never used the same strategy twice. She caught the swords with ease and watched her friend and every spectator in the tavern.

Upon noticing Anneke, the blonde winked and saluted- she was good friends with the Witchdoctor. The opposite of Raven, as she thought, and she concluded Jack probably would like her more than he did Raven. Dislike was an understatement to describe the hatred between Jack and Raven- those two hated each other to their limit. One knew of another's weak points, and neither had ever gotten along.

Ensign
May 31, 2012
28
Thunder Hawk on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
Connor shot Leo a warning look, then turned back to Lizzy. "Moumantai. I got that same reaction as you did when I first met the little guy. It's good to see you haven't died." Connor grinned, and shook Lizzy's hand. Then looking at Lizzy, seeming to stare into her very soul,he dded, "You still don't trust me do you, even though it's been months after we escaped the ravine. Oh,and I almost forgot." And tossed Lizzy some gold for the potion.

OOC: Just Add Bacon, so not to converge Roleplay IV with this one, let's assume it's been a few months after the time Roleplay IV will be finished. Work for you? Oh, and that gold part was circulating around the potion that healed Connor in Roleplay IV.

Then hearing Jack just beat someone at a bet, Connor challenged Jack. "You may have beaten a swashbuckler at this little game, but play time's over. Let's see how you fare against a buccaneer." The tavern grew dead silent, as Connor pulled out a bag of gold, and a huge cutlass. "If you beat me, you get this bag of gold. What say you?" Connor added, holding up a bag of gold, and with a smirk on his face. Leo seemed to have a smirk on his face as well.
OOC: First, Jack hasn't really beaten anyone yet, and second, this isn't a bet you're gonna want to take after you see it pulled off. I'm gonna have to take a bit of creative control here and say that last paragraph didn't happen, at least not yet. Maybe once I actually write it happening, however...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
Anneke looked at the cat. The cat looked at her. Anneke changed her focus to examine the animal's aura. Definitely a cat.

The cat continued to stare at her, pausing only for one slow blink. One funny thing about cats was that they usually loved witchdoctors. It didn't matter if the witchdoctor was good, evil, or indifferent; cats generally liked them. Some said that perhaps it was that cats were inherently magical, and so looked for magic themselves. Do you think you could help me? Anneke asked the cat with her mind, not knowing whether or not the cat understood her or even could communicate in such a fashion.

The cat yawned, then continued staring. Anneke still had no idea whether or not any communication had occurred.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
709
Thunder Hawk on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
Connor shot Leo a warning look, then turned back to Lizzy. "Moumantai. I got that same reaction as you did when I first met the little guy. It's good to see you haven't died." Connor grinned, and shook Lizzy's hand. Then looking at Lizzy, seeming to stare into her very soul,he dded, "You still don't trust me do you, even though it's been months after we escaped the ravine. Oh,and I almost forgot." And tossed Lizzy some gold for the potion.

OOC: Just Add Bacon, so not to converge Roleplay IV with this one, let's assume it's been a few months after the time Roleplay IV will be finished. Work for you? Oh, and that gold part was circulating around the potion that healed Connor in Roleplay IV.

Then hearing Jack just beat someone at a bet, Connor challenged Jack. "You may have beaten a swashbuckler at this little game, but play time's over. Let's see how you fare against a buccaneer." The tavern grew dead silent, as Connor pulled out a bag of gold, and a huge cutlass. "If you beat me, you get this bag of gold. What say you?" Connor added, holding up a bag of gold, and with a smirk on his face. Leo seemed to have a smirk on his face as well.
Lizzy caught the coin with her good hand, immediately feeling the urge to give it back to Connor as she didn't need it, but she was interrupted when she saw him make a bet against Jack. For a moment she was taken aback. Cats can smirk? Well that was new. Then again, she didn't know very much about cats.

"Connor," Lizzy said quietly, only wanting Connor to hear.

"Connor," She spoke a little more loudly upon not getting his attention. He still didn't react, though the people next to her glanced over at her, wondering what she wanted.

"Connor..." When he still didn't react (she was, after all, speaking quietly), she flicked the gold coin into the back of his head. He turned around sharply, a fire in his eyes, and Lizzy let out a whimper, seeming to shrink, her shoulders jumping upward and her left hand going protectively over her injured right. "It's not that I don't trust you, it's just kind of hard for me to fully understand somebody who makes bets with strangers, pulling out a ridiculously large cutlass and challenging them to a fight." She bent down and picked up the coin, handing it back to Connor. "I don't need it, thank you though."

On her way out the door, she caught sight of a familiar girl. It took her a moment to remember who, but she smiled and waved when she remembered. It was that girl Anneke, the witchdoctor who was friends with the wizard sister that her friend had once brought to Skull Island. Jack had told her that Devin couldn't stop talking about Anneke after their little adventure, and seemed to be very fond of her.

Captain followed Lizzy closely out the door, silently padding by her side, going no quicker nor slower than she was. Both looked into the night sky, a moment of peace washing over them as they left the hot, crowded tavern for the crisp relaxing air. Both of them felt less on end, and Lizzy walked up to the life fountain, gazing at her reflection in the stone.

Staring back at her was a pale girl of small stature, curly blonde hair being the biggest thing about her, which had grown to be down to her waist. She was wearing a corsair outfit similar to the one her sister-in-arms, Sarah Steele wore, with the colors of black and green. At her side were rapiers, battle angel's by the looks of them. Her emerald green eyes shimmered in the moonlight, and she would be pretty, if she didn't seem to be at a loss of self-confidence.

"Hey, Liz." She sighed and rested her scratched hand on the ancient stone of the fountain, the water gently gliding down into the broken skin and sealing it back together, no marks on it. She took her hand out when it was done and gingerly dried it, always amazed by the magic of life fountains.

Captain, however, seemed to be seeing the life fountain in a different way. He too was looking at his reflection, and he seemed to be upset about it. "What's wrong, Cap?" Lizzy bent down and hugged the greyhound, remembering the friend that she had named the dog after and wishing to see him again, someday.

Captain
May 16, 2011
552
Serpent996 on Oct 8, 2013 wrote:
OOC: First, Jack hasn't really beaten anyone yet, and second, this isn't a bet you're gonna want to take after you see it pulled off. I'm gonna have to take a bit of creative control here and say that last paragraph didn't happen, at least not yet. Maybe once I actually write it happening, however...
OOC: Oops, sorry about that, I guess I got a little too overexcited with this roleplay, and all, it seems to be a good blooming roleplay!

Ensign
May 31, 2012
28
Pete gave the signal, and the rat rushed at me, yelling. I sidestepped and tripped him. He went sprawling into the crowd, who pushed him back to his feet. His eyes stared into my face, hoping I would give off a flinch or something. Nothing. I just left the smirk on my face, which seemed to make him angry. He charged again. I waited until the last second, danced out of the arc, then brought my foot down on his sword. The impact of my boot and the floor combined broke the sword clean in half. "I win," I laugh. "Way too easy." The rat glared at me for a second, then left the tavern. On his way out, he passed a young witchdoctor coming in. She was dressed in a purple and white Cool Ranch outfit, complete with a stetson. Her skin was pale, her hair pure white, her eyes silver and pale. In short, she looked like she had been birthed from winter itself.
"Hey Jack," she laughed. "Making more enemies, are we?"
"He took the bet," I shrug, then laugh and give her a friendly hug. "Hullo, Krystal. Good to see you."
"Same." She stepped back and looked around. "Hi, Emma!" Then she glanced at the dog and cat, frowning briefly, before turning back to me. "Looks crowded. How did you convince them to move the tables?"
"I asked. And now I'm asking they put them back." Before the last word even left my mouth, the patrons began to put the tables and chairs back where they belonged.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
Anneke breathed a sigh of relief now that Emma had seen her and greeted her. Now she had an opening to bring herself forward -- once all the hubbub had died down a bit as people noisily moved furniture about. She picked her way carefully to Emma, being careful not to jostle anybody along the way.

Anneke stole a look at the cat. It was still watching her. A casual interest? A willingness to help? A calculation to bring in supper? Who knew? Did anyone know the minds of cats?

Emma was surrounded by people, some talking and laughing with her, which made Anneke feel rather shy. Nevertheless, she drew closer. "Hi, Emma. Um, nice to see you," she started tentatively.

Captain
May 16, 2011
552
Just Add Bacon on Oct 9, 2013 wrote:
Lizzy caught the coin with her good hand, immediately feeling the urge to give it back to Connor as she didn't need it, but she was interrupted when she saw him make a bet against Jack. For a moment she was taken aback. Cats can smirk? Well that was new. Then again, she didn't know very much about cats.

"Connor," Lizzy said quietly, only wanting Connor to hear.

"Connor," She spoke a little more loudly upon not getting his attention. He still didn't react, though the people next to her glanced over at her, wondering what she wanted.

"Connor..." When he still didn't react (she was, after all, speaking quietly), she flicked the gold coin into the back of his head. He turned around sharply, a fire in his eyes, and Lizzy let out a whimper, seeming to shrink, her shoulders jumping upward and her left hand going protectively over her injured right. "It's not that I don't trust you, it's just kind of hard for me to fully understand somebody who makes bets with strangers, pulling out a ridiculously large cutlass and challenging them to a fight." She bent down and picked up the coin, handing it back to Connor. "I don't need it, thank you though."

On her way out the door, she caught sight of a familiar girl. It took her a moment to remember who, but she smiled and waved when she remembered. It was that girl Anneke, the witchdoctor who was friends with the wizard sister that her friend had once brought to Skull Island. Jack had told her that Devin couldn't stop talking about Anneke after their little adventure, and seemed to be very fond of her.

Captain followed Lizzy closely out the door, silently padding by her side, going no quicker nor slower than she was. Both looked into the night sky, a moment of peace washing over them as they left the hot, crowded tavern for the crisp relaxing air. Both of them felt less on end, and Lizzy walked up to the life fountain, gazing at her reflection in the stone.

Staring back at her was a pale girl of small stature, curly blonde hair being the biggest thing about her, which had grown to be down to her waist. She was wearing a corsair outfit similar to the one her sister-in-arms, Sarah Steele wore, with the colors of black and green. At her side were rapiers, battle angel's by the looks of them. Her emerald green eyes shimmered in the moonlight, and she would be pretty, if she didn't seem to be at a loss of self-confidence.

"Hey, Liz." She sighed and rested her scratched hand on the ancient stone of the fountain, the water gently gliding down into the broken skin and sealing it back together, no marks on it. She took her hand out when it was done and gingerly dried it, always amazed by the magic of life fountains.

Captain, however, seemed to be seeing the life fountain in a different way. He too was looking at his reflection, and he seemed to be upset about it. "What's wrong, Cap?" Lizzy bent down and hugged the greyhound, remembering the friend that she had named the dog after and wishing to see him again, someday.
OOC: Hmmm, interesting part, but may I remind you that Connor isn't that aggressive. He wouldn't get aggravated over someone hitting him on the back of the head with a coin, besides, I don't think he would feel it at all. After all, Connor's had quite a few painful, very painful experiences, and the coin couldn't stand up to that sort of nudge.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
431
OOC: Hi.
The door opens suddenly, unnoticed by everyone. A young boy slips through the crowd, still not noticed. He grabs someone's yum mug, tossing it into the air, catching it, and slamming it on the table to attract everyone's attention.
"Skull Island is under Monquistan siege!" Kai Alcott announces.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2013
33
Tim watched the whole encounter in the tavern quietly, between the red eyed pirate breaking the rat's blade and the dialogue between the other human pirates nearer to the door. He soon lost interest, and turned back to Stinky Pete.

"How is the trade with Monquista?" He again removed his hat as he spoke to the tavern keeper.

"Trade's good, get meself some good monquestian wine in fer sale. And it ain't all stole from pirates so there ain't too many questions 'bout how I got it." He said gruffly as he cleaned another tankard. "Yer still raidin Cool Ranch skyways are ye?"

Tim took another drink of yum from his tankard. "Moving on to Moosho, more than a few cargo's there can be brought back for decent coin these days." He drained his glass and set it on the counter for him.

"Ye bring in some'o that tea them Mooshoese like, an I'll make it worth ye while."

Tim donned his hat again and tipped it to the barkeep. "I'll keep that in mind."

He then looked to the new human pirate who smashed the glass and demanded attention and frowned at his proclamation.

"This one has hit the rum caskets before he ever got here." He muttered dryly and slipped out the tavern door, activated his mechanical wings and took flight for the docks. Where his new ship, the Silver Warrior, awaited.

1